Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 24, 2015 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
was an amusing anime would watch a season 2
[/quote]
Mar 24, 2015 4:41 PM
Nov 2010
That K guy could've killed them several times during the speech and rage stopping. That was really long.

For the series, it was pretty mediocre, in my opinion. I found it interesting how it resembled Bleach with some things it did.
Mar 24, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
lol, so cliche..
the action of this episode is so-so, but I can enjoy it..

well that's fun ride, since I like the opening
overall series 6/10
Mar 24, 2015 8:30 PM

May 2013
K is a dick; good thing Bunny-sensei protected the students.
Hooray, Julie is in rage mode again! Haha, fuck you, K!
Pretty cool how Tooru used one of Julie's blades to finish K off. (^_^)

Overall, I guess it was enjoyable even with the cliche stuff.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 24, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss this.
Mar 24, 2015 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
Good stuff, the K fight and Julie :'( 8/10
Mar 24, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2011
Finally the terribadness that is Absolute Shit has ended. Off to see the next trash/good or something anime! :D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 24, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2012
I had planned on reading the source material, but now I know I can delete it off my kindle.
Absolute shit indeed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
it's bad 4/10. simple as that.
Mar 25, 2015 4:54 AM

Jan 2012
I can honestly say that NOTHING happened throughout the whole story , the main villain was like the team rocket duo , defeat blast of come back repeat.

There were no good characters except for Lilith the rest were garbage.

The story was basically a bunch of events that feel like they had no definitive conclusion.

And also the conclusion was just plain out bad.
Basically a big waste of time. 4/10
Mar 25, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2013
And the most average anime of the season award goes to-

No, but at some point I really needed to make myself watch this. The first two endings were pretty tho.
Mar 25, 2015 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
I agree with everyone about this show having a good OP. I liked the song and the animation sequence. I found myself humming it at work sometimes.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Mar 25, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2013
Absolute Duo? More like Absolute Disappointment. I was reluctant on watching this after reading some reviews but wanted to give it a shot. The story was somewhat interesting but nothing original. The characters were lame. The boring MC has a shitty buckler not a shield that doesn't even look like a buckler which was pretty much useless like him. And the whole concept of protecting Julie who doesn't even need protection as she is way stronger and powerful then the MC was so stupid. Fighting scenes were mediocre. Even the whole harem thing was lame. Overall 5/10
Mar 25, 2015 10:38 AM
Dec 2012
Hue... This ending fight is too generic (Quote from Aiza Nagi:"How cliche"), it is also anticlimatic for me. Was K a fking idiot? Slice the head instead of other parts of the body. K with a suit of a god but with a brain of a dumbass it is pointless. Shutdap Lilith! Stop sayin' that Tooru is your future husband, it annoys the hell out of me, Tooru is into lolis. So, Julie was something other than Exceed? Sorry what was that called again? El what? Forget about it, I watch this for Julie and Tooru moment. Also, I kinda dislike Tooru now, if you are weak like fk, then stop trash talking about protecting someone. Why would you call your Duo(Julie) to stop killing your enemy? That bastard is going to wreck your ass if you don't kill him. The plot of avenge has ended? This really destroys the story it originally meant. So that means Tooru is not going to search and kill Kirito anymore? Wut? It is quite good if you think the positively, since Tooru has more time to spend with Julie, Slice of Life ftw. Final thoughts: Has a lot of potential at first, but fall apart through out the series. The only aspect that keeps me entertained is Julie because she's the BEST!
Mar 25, 2015 1:50 PM
Feb 2015
It's an ok series tbh. Could be much better. Personally I just watch it for Lilith xD
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 25, 2015 2:55 PM
Mar 2015
Who was the girl that protected tor from being killed by the mysterious guy (brother) in his flashbacks??

Because i think it is julie just cus of the scar and the great powers that fit them together greatly for absolute duo..... also did someone modify her memories possibly???
Mar 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting series... 4/10
Mar 25, 2015 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
I thought the first couple episodes were the best, when they focused more on the school life and things like that.
Mar 25, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
Okay episode.
Fight and all was not bad.
That battle suit sure is OP.
Overall, 7/10!
Mar 25, 2015 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
Mar 25, 2015 8:04 PM

Mar 2010
wooo show turned mecha. loved it.

or should i say i love the episode when the evil character aint talking but his lines totally reminds me of something from a rpg game LOL....
Mar 25, 2015 10:49 PM

May 2014
Pretty intense fight, decent enough ending.

8/10
Mar 28, 2015 1:27 AM

Jun 2014
It was alright. Started pretty strong, but quickly lost its steam. The final fight was pretty cool. But it was TOR i wanted to see become consumed by his desire, not Julie...
And they totally drop the mysterious assassin thing. as well as explain what the hell an ABSOLUTE DUO is.
And what do Lilith and the goth loli have in common? Were they once Dou's?

6/10 because it wasn't fantastic, but i honestly enjoyed it for the most part.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 28, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
"An incredibly mediocre ending for a generic anime" 10/10 IGN
Mar 29, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know how Tooru could get up after being stabbed like nothing happened.
5/10
Mar 29, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
Honestly I was annoyed as much as K and wanted him to win this shit despite knowing it won't happen. "Protect this" "Protect that" "Protect" "Protect" "Protect"... If only K didn't just scratch Julie and minded stabbing Toru few more times when he had enough opportunity to do so... it was almost like he did not want them dead at all.

RediceRyan said:
I don't know how Tooru could get up after being stabbed like nothing happened.
5/10

lol, pretty much what I thought, but that was also to be expected to happen...

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 29, 2015 7:20 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
An alright show. I think it has potential to grow into something better. The blazes are interesting and if they added a few more interesting dynamics and more evenly spread character development, this could be quite a good series.

I wouldn't mind seeing a second season, it just needs some improvements.

Absolute Duo gets a 6/10.
Mar 29, 2015 9:18 PM
May 2013
God I love how you guys are complaining about unrealistic this show is. It's anime, the medium that does the fantastical better than anyone else.

Finished absolute duo now. I liked the ending ending. The world needs more ecchi harem anime where the lead ends up choosing a girl pretty much from the beginning, and sticking with her to end. Bonus points for making them equals at the end :-D
And yeah, this season is definately not the season of dissapointing endings. Of the 9 shows that I watched this season, only 1 had a completely non conclusive ending. It make me very hopeful for next season
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Mar 30, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
From a critical standpoint, this show is terrible.

From an enjoyment standpoint, this show...is still terrible.

I wasn't expecting anything great, only a bit of fun. Ended up being even worst than Fafnir. I don't want to complain about another show being cliched but man...the dialogue this episode...

Story, execution, plot progression...everything was a mess. However, the biggest reason I dislike this so much is because I couldn't care less about any of the characters. I found their actions to be pretty stupid most of the time. Tooru was annoying, boring and bland. His harem was just as bad (except Lilith, she's alright).

I think these kind of shows with a fairly average premise more or less thrives on having a likeable cast. Absolute Duo was not the case for me. It's largely a personal thing but even so, I'd say this show did a pretty bad job with characterization in the first place. As such, the negatives became way too noticeable.
Mar 30, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
Atmogenic said:
The last episode was ok, wish tooru actually died it make everything more interesting and add the feels but that didn't happen (of course).

So I'll give it a 5/10 only the first few episodes were good.

^

Same.
Mar 31, 2015 2:18 PM

Feb 2010
This shitty CGI.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 1, 2015 1:17 AM
Jul 2012
Hmmm well that's that I guess. Overall it was ok, I liked it a bit better than World Break anyways. Of course Tooru getting stabbed, shot, slashed, however the fuck many times and still kicking pissed me off a little. I understand it's this type of anime but I dunno I would have liked to see something else happen instead of him just getting up like nothing happened all the time.

Tsukimi and Lilith, best girls hands down though. Although evil Julie was kind of sexy.

Also the OP and 3rd ED were really, really good. I dunno, this anime could have been a lot worse I guess.

Final score: Dark Professor Bunbun/10
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Apr 1, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, this anime was too boring ... And why they didn't kill K in the previous episode ?
Fortunately Julie increases the score. 5/10
Apr 1, 2015 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
The battles were so cringe-worthy out of everything. It made it difficult to watch especially with random reaction faces with interrupt the pace of the battle (like from ep.11).

But what I did like was how the show reinforced the 'duo' aspect about putting trust in your partner and sticking with them to the end. The harem/ecchi was also enjoyable to me.

The OP grew on me once the 2nd half was revised to show Tor+Julie dancing. The ED's were also very sweet. 4/10.
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
Most fights were quite anti-climactic IMO.

Main interest was the concept of duos, OTP since the start. But nothing wrong with him having a harem though.

Julie is best. 8/10
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 2, 2015 9:00 PM

May 2012
The first episodes were a little better (i'm not sure how) and they made me keep watching until the end. The anime was mediocre at best, not enough ecchi to be good for this niche, not enough faction, lame protagonist.
4/10...not worth watching.
I despise woke people.
Apr 3, 2015 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
oh my god it's finally over

3/10
Apr 3, 2015 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
oh wow, dat fight logic : ''My enemy is so strong, so I must stop attacking while contemplating how strong he is, even if I have foocking lazerzz and he's totally vulnerable!!''
I mean, for a dude seeking power, he was fucking stupid. ''Why does having a partner makes you better?''
Really? Do I have to draw it for you? Can't you understand the principles behind outnumbering tactics? No need to be a genius to understand that having a cooperative and talented ally offer you more possibilities... Jesus, I hate villains who are fucking retarded, I immediately lose empathy for them.

Can't say that Tor is more clever. I think we all saw that trap coming a mile away when he stabbed him in the back. That was so easy to see coming that when he used his shield to protect her, I just rolled my eyes. Come on.

I just think that this fight kinda illustrate the problems with the action in that show, a bit after its started. It is just so shallow. It feel so bland and forced. It's like characters intentionally take stupid decisions to raise the tension. That's not how you do interesting battles. To add to that, the animation, particuliarly after the first half of the season, became really sloppy, and just look at that fight. I had the impression sometimes that the characters were not even in the scene, moving and getting hit like someking of bugged ragdoll. I was laughing my ass off for the wrong reasons. Hell, it even made me cringe at some points. Seriously 8bit, were getting real tired of your shit, you should step your game up. Lowering the production value at the during the course of the season is not a good idea, it just leave you with a bad impression. Also, don't get me started on that fucking ''absolute duo'' that we still don't know A DAMN SHIT ABOUT IT!!

Enough with the ranting, I feel like I'm wasting my time for something worthless. It's rare that I leave a rating in my comment, but for this show, I must do it, because it had just so much flaws that it would take too much elaborate them, so I give that show a 5/10, as in painfully average. Not average compared to what I watched, just average in term of production value, wasted potential and lack of personality.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2008
So that dark power Julie has is called "El Awake"...yearight...
Why is that all power-ups that turns anyone into a "no affinity" is so overpowered? This concept/idea plot is overused thus results into being not interesting anymore.
Anywayz 7/10.

Apr 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Jan 2012
And so Julie and Tor are victorious, reconfirming their bond as Duos, closer than ever...

This was one of several series I'd figure might blend together that I was watching last season. I won't know for sure how I'd compare it to the others until I finish them. For now I guess I'd say it was a fairly "okay" experience. I coulda done without Miyabi's brief insanity turn. Julie losing herself to her aggressive and darker powers, only capable of regaining control with her love's help, is an example of one of my least favorite anime tropes, right up there with amnesia induced drama in romances. Having everyone love the "badass crazy" teacher in the end didn't do it for me, I still ended up not liking her for her earlier actions. The villains left no impression, at all. That stuff aside this was fine I guess. I liked most of Julie and Tor's interactions, which were the center of it all. I enjoyed the Lilith character. Miyabi and Tomoe were fine too...ignoring that final stretch. Still, nothing particularly great or memorable came out of this for me. 6/10, perhaps being a bit generous.
Apr 7, 2015 4:35 PM
Oct 2014
8/10

Sorry guys this anime had a bit more action than your typical harem with boobs you've never ever seen in real life
Apr 8, 2015 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
So I managed to finish this anime.
I had fun only from episode 7 and 8 the rest were ok or average.
It was a little boring, with badly (sometimes very badly) made fighting scenes, the biggest failure they made with fights against Unit soldiers. Bullets that can't kill anyone in big battle... as they explained why blaze weapon can't kill anyone they failed doing this with Equipment Smith army.
And this small shield of Tooru, but hey! he can block or survive everything even if it doesn't hit his shield ;) dat logic

Ecchi scenes were not the best, I could say that as harem it had some new things for me.
Almost no comedy value.
Girls faces look all the same only hair change ;/

Little bit of everything and good at nothing.

I also didn't like Julie (not that I hate her but...), I like Lilith and also Tomoe until her fight with Miyabi. I also liked Imari.
I hate it that Tatsu didn't have any scenes with girls, he should be popular at least with unnamed crowd girls. Tora could also have more screen time (in fights with duo Tatsu and in plot), but it was as always only harem for one lame MC Tooru ;/

This was not bad anime, but worst I watched recently.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 10, 2015 4:40 AM

May 2014
This anime isn't something extraordinary. It had many cliches, the fights were very average and the animation poor. But from the start I didn't have huge expectation and that's why I really enjoyed it!

The characters were absolutely lovable (maybe except the MC) and the OST was really amazing. It kept me interested and that's pretty much all what matters.

Overall, I liked it! Now I only hope they will start to translate the manga again.
Apr 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
The fight with K was horribly done. They wasted half of episode 11 and much of episode 12 to kill this jerk. Seriously, they should have finished him at episode 11! He spawns back to life and became a "boss"... I dislike the long dialogues during the battle scenes. It's so annoying and cliche.

The were doing well from 1-9 but the last two was crap!

Lastly, what's with Tomoe and Miyabi at the hospital. The director is shipping shit again! we all know Miyabi is still inlove with Tooru. Where did the shyness go!?
#CHEXIT
Apr 16, 2015 2:58 AM
Mar 2012
Nice OP/EDs. Could've been good, but random story, random powerups, very stale copypaste dialogues, & slow pace dragged it down. It's hardly a functioning harem if other characters are poorly developed, so it's more a "duo" show, but Julie isn't enough to save the show. The Blaze designs are cool and initial world building was interesting, but could've developed more without so much Halo fights. Some of the fights were enjoyable (especially Usagi sensei) when it doesn't frequently pause for moral chitchat.
Apr 16, 2015 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
Just finished it. In my opinion episode 1 to 6 were ok, but then it became dreadful
At the beginning of this I thought that it may come out like a good series
I kinda liked Julie, but then she started ruining the show
Then Miyabi freaked out like she went missing for 2 days and boom she had unlimited power
If this show ever gets a second season I AM CLEARLY NOT WATCHING IT I've had enough of this shiz xD
Not gonna waste my time with some mediocre series, no thanks
The OP was good
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 18, 2015 6:38 PM

Nov 2010
Ja.
So that's that. I finished the anime. I started off thinking that this was going to be an easy anime to finish and I was right. The first episode was fairly interesting and I could already tell that it was going to be somewhat like "Shuffle" because of all of the girls. Harem. That's what I meant.

I like the girls, Tora, and Tatsu. I liked the bunny teacher. I didn't really like the Headmaster. Equipment Smith. Equipment is a pretty interesting name. I am probably going to use it for a name in the future for one of my characters. I like the weirdness in it.

The music was superb. I loved it so much I even went to Youtube and started to play the album over and over again. I don't know why but everytime I hear each of the songs my heart hurts a little. Oh... I think that I'm just sad that it ended. HA HA.

It might have been because it was only twelve episodes but there were a lot of times that the build-up in the episodes felt way too quick. It also might have been because I was also playing games while I was watching this anime but there was a lot of information that I felt that was just thrown in the story without it being explained. There was a lot of repetition sometimes but that's probably so we can come to realize that it was damn important.

WHO'S OTOHA? DID I MISS SOMETHING.

The ending, well, I could've guessed it coming like the rest of the way the events unfolding. I just felt that it was sped through but what do I know.

I do like this anime, though, and I'm glad that I decided to watch it. ``

Now to wait until FUNimation finishes dubbing it. Then I'll get to go through the feelings again.
Apr 22, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
The most generic and Mahou Sensou of 2015. Every characters are generic, the main heroine was boring as fuck. And Kirito-kun's voice was cringy .
Usa-sensei was the only good thing about this anime.

2/10
Apr 27, 2015 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
absolute garbage /10
Apr 28, 2015 9:07 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who though of Paildromon from Digimon when K brought out those big blasters?

Meh ending. K got the beating of his life, which he deserved. Delicious beating. One for hurting Julie, and two, for knocking out Lilith. She's off limits.

Julie going beast mode was nice. Even better when Bunny-sensei got to see some action. Not sure if Bunny-sensei could take on blondie since she was struggling with that blast, she looked tired afterward. She pretty much stole the episode at the end, being followed by the entire school lol.

Ok show. Expected a bit more from Lilith, but I'm left with a somewhat satisfied result.
Bunny-Sensei and Lilith best girls.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

120 by Zwavel »»
Mar 18, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

114 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 2, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by Matheus_henriwue »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

154 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

89 by collins_nwuda »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.