Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 11:55 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't think this movie was as good as the other two, but it was still something to watch. Seeing the Outers was pretty nice.

✾✾✾ if only we could be reborn ✾✾✾
Mar 21, 2011 3:56 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, I am the first to reply! :)

Yeah, this was my least favorite of three Sailor Moon films. But don't get me wrong, I still liked it. I don't care for Chibi Moon though, which may have cut some of my enjoyment.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 29, 2012 11:52 PM

Jun 2010
Not as good as the surprisingly good first film, but better than the silly second one. Some good spectacle if nothing else.
Sep 13, 2013 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
Fronzel said:
Not as good as the surprisingly good first film, but better than the silly second one. Some good spectacle if nothing else.

I agree. Second one was a little boring.
Oct 10, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2008
I found this one more boring than the 2nd one. The villains were just bland and lame. That and my disdain for Chibi Usa continues.

Only a 4/10 for this one.
Mar 18, 2018 6:00 PM

Jun 2010
Chibiusa is such a B**** in general and she is more of it in this film, I know she is a kid and all but that is no way to speak to your future mom and it seems the only time she calls her mom is when she is danger which really upset me in this film,
Usagi I know was mean to her a bit also in this movie but I feel she wouldn’t be this way if Chibiusa didn’t started it .
The love is there but CMON CHIBIUSA
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Apr 20, 2019 9:55 AM

Jan 2019
I think, this is the best of the three specials.
But unlike most other, i have no problems with Chibiusa. Even when i disliked her at first too, I later recognized, that she helps to evolve Usagis personality.
But back to the film. I am not bothered of Chibiusa here, even when there is nothing to see of the development of Usagis character. The story is fun, the ideas are nice. It remembered me on some old fairy tales in a nice way and i like the personality of Peruru. Furthermore, i am often surprised, that seemingly casual remarks are important in the end. But they didn't appear in an inappropriate way.
And the personalities of some main characters are used in a great way. Think on the way, how Usagi recognize, that she is in a dream! The acting of Mamoru would be strange even when you only know the serial. The part, when he in the beginning hesitate to decide between Chibiusa and Usagi, it is just a reminder of his personality as shown in the serial. And this is not the only, but the most striking example.
Furthermore, the opening of the film is really cute! Look for little Ami, look for little Minako! Great! And later on, this gets even important!
All in all, I really liked the film!
Sep 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Aug 2008
I bet Uranus and Neptune shared their sugar energy after this movie.
Sep 6, 2020 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
VVill said:
I bet Uranus and Neptune shared their sugar energy after this movie.
No Sailor Saturn but the title is nine sailors united?? C'mon. Did they really count chibi moon as the 9th sailor?

I still can't believe chibi-b**ch took the stage for the entire movie. Enough is enough!
ember-moonSep 6, 2020 3:39 PM
Dec 9, 2021 2:05 PM
May 2019
I may not have found this the most original of the movies, but that didn't distract me from finding Sailor Mars/Rey even hotter. Wow, she was looking the best in this movie.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jul 31, 2022 9:08 PM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed it! I still think R Movie is the best just because the stakes were high.

But what I love about this movie is how we get to see the Outer Senshi (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto) in SuperS style animation!

They never once appeared in SuperS, so this was a welcome surprise! Even using their signature Weapons!

We get to see the gang in Chibi Moon form!

Also, that was Tuxedo Kamen's best entrance! The music/animation is superb and very timely!

But Animation wise, S Movie is still the best! I dreamed we would get this kind of animation for Sailor Stars TV (Whole season), but it's probably not feasible and time consuming to get this much care.

Despite Outer Senshi's appearing, once again Chibiusa is the star of the show.

Usagi slapping Chibiusa's butt. You know this would trigger the current shit climate we have right now. Even when her form was weakening, they sure as hell won't show that nowadays.

Why is Mamoru on bed again? This literally looks like the final episodes of SuperS.

"There are so many nice things only adults can experience. They really don't need to do this."

What do they mean about this? O___O

They even added a little blush and embarrassment in Haruka's face!

What the hell did Haruka and Michiru have been doing during SuperS run!?

I guess eating Chibiusa's cookies really powers you up 100%!

I'm big sucker now for tall big ladies ever since Hachishakusama and Lady Dimitrescu from REVIII Village!!

Also, why did she kiss Peruru, when she already has Helios/Pegasus :X

At least it's just a cheek thing. Sorry Peruru, but her lips are reserve for Helios :P

With that, I'm finally done with SuperS Movie! I still need to watch the Ami Special and the Special OVA (3 episodes).

Now I'm really contemplating if I should jump right to Sailor Stars (Final Seasons) after I finish the above or watch Sailor Moon Crystal and wait until Cosmos to get a release date, then watch Sailor Stars so I could compare the two on how they will handle the ending.

But I really want to know what happens to Hotaru and how will Chibiusa will react!

Let's see how this goes!

I give this a solid 8! Animation and the ED theme (Morning Moon) bump the score from 7!
SomaHeirJul 31, 2022 9:12 PM
Nov 24, 2023 3:54 AM

Jul 2012
Adrenochrom* 😱😱😱
The enemy is from "isekai", isekai majo 😅

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.