Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I really loved this series...but the one thing I wish there was more of was...

New
Mar 18, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2007
This was a great series. I'm very excited for season 2. The tennis sections were exciting and compelled you to watch more. The "romance" or flirty scenes between Natsu and Ei-Chan always made me smile. This laid back love is my favorite kind of romance in a series (I wish there were more series that had that quality). I haven't seen a series I've enjoyed this much for quite a while.

That being said, the one thing I wish there was more of was more Natsu tennis / Natsu in general scenes. Not necessarily with Ei-Chan but it'd be nice to get a better idea of who she is and the kind of tennis she played.

I understand the series main-main character is Ei-chan but I can't help but be a little sad at how few scenes Natsu got that made her shine (where she wasn't flirting or rooting for Ei-Chan). I hope there are more scenes for Natsu!!!
Mar 18, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2011
Maybe you should try reading the manga. I myself haven't read it yet so I am not sure if Natsu will get more tennis playing screen time, but it's worth a try.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 23, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
Watched season 2, still feel the same way :(

I posted to the manga section asking some questions around that!

@ToG25thBaam - Yeah, I tend not to read the manga until I'm sure there isn't any more source material that will be adapted. This allows me to enjoy each season with a fresh pair of eyes. That being said, if season 3 doesn't happen then I'll probably start the manga. That's how much I enjoy this show and its characters.
Jan 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2011
iwubanime said:
Yeah, I tend not to read the manga until I'm sure there isn't any more source material that will be adapted. This allows me to enjoy each season with a fresh pair of eyes. That being said, if season 3 doesn't happen then I'll probably start the manga. That's how much I enjoy this show and its characters.
We are so similar. xD I am holding back on reading Akatsuki no Yona & Baby Steps manga (and many others) too for the same reason. I haven't heard of anything in regards to a third season for Baby Steps, and while the manga got a small decent boost from the anime, and the anime aired on NHK iirc (sponsored by government), I don't think that we should be hopeful for it. A third season probably won't come within a year. I am considering going ahead with the manga, and by the time a third season falls upon us, I would have forgotten some or most of the plot points. ;)

iwubanime said:
Watched season 2, still feel the same way :(
Tough luck being a Natsu fan. But based on what I have seen from the forums, (don't quote me on this)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 24, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
ToG25thBaam said:
We are so similar. xD I am holding back on reading Akatsuki no Yona & Baby Steps manga (and many others) too for the same reason. I haven't heard of anything in regards to a third season for Baby Steps, and while the manga got a small decent boost from the anime, and the anime aired on NHK iirc (sponsored by government), I don't think that we should be hopeful for it. A third season probably won't come within a year. I am considering going ahead with the manga, and by the time a third season falls upon us, I would have forgotten some or most of the plot points. ;)

That's a good point, a few months ago, I finally gave up on there being a Full Metal Panic continuation (after ~10 years), so I read the manga. Imagine how I felt when it was announced the series would get fully animated! But you're right, by the time the show appears, I'll probably have forgotten a lot of it. At least here's hoping :)

And yeah, Akatsuki no Yona is another on my list. I just got around to watching that and oh gosh it was great. The strength of the characters was what I really enjoyed about that series, I hope they can continue it.

The one good thing is NHK also put out Major over a 7? year time period, so in that sense it wouldn't surprise me to get another season of BabySteps but I'm more pessimistic about this stuff because most of the shows I really really enjoy don't get all of their source material adapted.

ToG25thBaam said:

Tough luck being a Natsu fan. But based on what I have seen from the forums, (don't quote me on this)

Oh good. I'm happy to hear that. She's such a refreshing character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baby Steps Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

143 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Poll: » Baby Steps Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

93 by 1Konochi »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:49 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

55 by 1Konochi »»
Jun 14, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

54 by 1Konochi »»
Jun 5, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

52 by 1Konochi »»
May 27, 2023 10:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.