Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2015 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, that transformation is disgusting

Otherwise, we get ...Mio/Maria/Yui x Basara time but with the shitty KEEP OUT censors. Oh wait, they are just illusions. Poor Mio though and lol, Maria's mother showed up.
Mar 18, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
Well Takigawa sure was helpful this week saving Maria's mom and confronting Zolgia. Despite her emotional outburst Mio seemed pretty much in control against Zolgia while talking with Basars. Things appear to be wrapping up nicely. Now they just need to erase this creature's core and share the night the next episode title mentions...humorously censored no doubt. :D
Mar 18, 2015 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Takigawa was helpful in this episode. He saved Maria's mother.

Basara and the girls just need to erase this creature's core.
Mar 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
What an episode.. :D

Girls screaming.. Mio's power awakening.. Maria(Even in child form) is higher and even looks older than her mother.. xD that WTF Creature multiplying itself.. It's stomach and bugs coming from it.. Dummies..

So Goood !!!
Mar 18, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
Whoever buys the blue-rays send it to me after your done!

Mar 18, 2015 12:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lars = best character confirmed

This guy sure is something.
Mar 18, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 2009
Maria´s mother is more loli than her wtf.

Lars could be in other shounens and still be cool.
Mar 18, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
Reaction for the Episode:

Damn it I wanna punch and beat that fucking old geezer Zolgia to death!
Fuck that censors it's really ruining the good parts! (Well that's the way they sell this things)
And shit why another cliffhanger after another. Well I guess it can't be helped since it's gonna end.
I wonder what will happen in the next episode next week? I wish it's gonna be good.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 18, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Well, Basara was pretty damn ineffectual this episode. And for all he knows, Mio killing Zolgia will give her a memory she will cherish for the rest of her life and he just deprived her of that. People are different.

He better get his act in gear next episode, or he'll no longer be worthy of the status of harem master.
Mar 18, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
This shit is almost over. One more episode and I can give 3/10

Smudy said:

He was in the beginning with Gin-san's voice (though the mc is voiced by Nakamura I believe)
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 18, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
curzon17 said:
Mio killing Zolgia will give her a memory she will cherish for the rest of her life and he just deprived her of that. People are different.

What do you mean "Cherish"?
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 18, 2015 12:57 PM

Oct 2014
This ep was actually quite good!
Good job to Lars! He's a cool char.

Liked that soundtrack at the end of ep :x got me excited for the next

Mar 18, 2015 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well I expected Basara to do something cool in this episode but I'm more than happy to see that it came from Mio instead. I wish that they let her kill Zolgia thougj, and I really want to see more of Mio using that power

I didn't expect to see that Maria's mom was a loli thought lol and damn that hallucination that Basara had was hot. I'm glad to see that is friend is alive too :)
Mar 18, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was quite a BA moment for Mio there. What a glare.

Lars looks really cool in his demon form. Dude's awesome :3

Lol'd at Maria's mom being a loli too XD

Basara sure got REKT though. I guess he still needs more lewd action to level up XD

Zest may help with that :3
Mar 18, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
LOL!!! Okay i'm I the only one who was laughing at the censorships? But what really may me laugh was the part when Basara saw Maria's mother Shella, Kurumi, and Chisato in his orgy imagination. I was like damn Basara? I understand of you having that kind of fantasy with Mio, Yuki, and Maria but with Kurumi, Chisato, and Maria's mother too? Also I knew that Lars was not dead because that will be way too easy and he's too cool to be killed. Anyway next week is the final episode and I'll be looking forward to it along with Trinity Seven OVA! This was a decent episode.
Mar 18, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
Basara lose? Wow did not see that one, lars alive is expected and he can clone. Maria okasan is more loli than her; 1 more ep.
Mar 18, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
Maria's mom tho
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 18, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
Rayzer said:
curzon17 said:
Mio killing Zolgia will give her a memory she will cherish for the rest of her life and he just deprived her of that. People are different.

I thought it was self-evident. If Mio avenges the brutal murder of her parents, then perhaps the memory that she has done so will give her some comfort later in life.
Mar 18, 2015 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Only 1 episode left.....Huh Man i havent felt so good watching a new Harem, Ecchi series as it aired since DXD..... It is really one of the better one that have come out in recent years and considering how much this genre is so overused and so much cliched in these modern times that is saying something.

If it wasn't for the censors it would be fantastic,,,well at least u can give them credit for trying different approaches to cover each scene and not always use the light of god or just cutting it otu and when the blu ray come out ,,,it would be worth re-watching,,,so it has rewatch value also....:)...it seems strange nobody has licensed the show isn't it when other lesser show have already. Hope for a S2 in the future...at least there is the ova to look forward too for now once it finishes.
Mar 18, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
The mother of a loli is a loli... yeah no problems here we can go to the tentacles episode.
Mar 18, 2015 3:05 PM
Dec 2013
Now... dont let it end up with Lars getting distracted for a split second and ends up getting back stabbed by Zolgia.
Mar 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Only 1 episode left.....Huh Man i havent felt so good watching a new Harem, Ecchi series as it aired since DXD..... It is really one of the better one that have come out in recent years and considering how much this genre is so overused and so much cliched in these modern times that is saying something.

If it wasn't for the censors it would be fantastic,,,well at least u can give them credit for trying different approaches to cover each scene and not always use the light of god or just cutting it otu and when the blu ray come out ,,,it would be worth re-watching,,,so it has rewatch value also....:)...it seems strange nobody has licensed the show isn't it when other lesser show have already. Hope for a S2 in the future...at least there is the ova to look forward too for now once it finishes.

Agree this anime is one of the better harem/ecchi animes I've seen because this one keeps me entertain. While this anime is keeping me interested other harem/ecchi animes like Absolute Duo and World Break Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman are kind of keeping me less interested.
Mar 18, 2015 3:12 PM
Oct 2014
I felt that it was awkward for Zest to all of a sudden be helping the gang (like how she was carrying Basara). I mean sure she was being treated poorly by Zolgia, but she was still an enemy of the gang and got beaten by them and almost got punished for it (although she was saved by Basara twice). I would at least expect there to be more emotional development or issues/hesitance with her as a result, before she started helping. For her to just get up (after being freed form her shackels) and start helping the gang like the snap of the finger felt too unnatural.
Mar 18, 2015 3:18 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Basara couldn't do much against Zolgia after all. Instead, he was forced to hallucinate about having a sevensome. (Lol. is that even a word? If not, it is now). XD

That demonic aura of Mio was awesome though! Zolgia was probably pissing his pants when she glared at him. XD

Lars' demon form was awesome! Loved how he explained his ruses he pulled and baffled Zolgia. This guy is better than Basara, in some ways.

Zest sure is being helpful. Too bad, we probably won't see her having some sexy time with Basara..

Decent episode. So, who'll be the final boss? The creature they're inside now? O.o

Mar 18, 2015 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
Lol at Basara being completely overwhelmed and played with by Zolgia. He should just be grateful to Zolgia for letting him into a group sex hallucination.

Seriosly Takigawa is better character than Basara at all.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 18, 2015 4:38 PM
Jan 2011
Dat Lars saving the show once again.
Mar 18, 2015 5:51 PM
Jan 2015
I hope there will be season 2, the popularity is just like DXD I guess!
Mar 18, 2015 7:50 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!This would be almost perfect if it wasnt for those annoying censors, though its not the anime fault
Anyway im sad that there's only one episode left!
Mar 18, 2015 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Another great episode!This would be almost perfect if it wasnt for those annoying censors, though its not the anime fault
season 2 http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/

Season 2 of Shinmai Maou no Testament (The Testament of Sister New Devil) confirmed to air October 2015.
Mar 18, 2015 8:28 PM
Feb 2015
Does Shella/Maria's mom share the same voice actress as Perona from One Piece?
Mar 18, 2015 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
It's very rare to see a show where a loli has noticeably growing boobs, and even more rare to see that the mother actually has smaller tits than the daughter. Usually it goes wow...look at that daughter wonder what her mom looks like....BAM HOT DAMN!! Also kind of surprised Maria's mom is shit useless too and not super strong like her daughter.

Lars is the unkillable master. Can use puppet dummies, and outwits everyone. What a champ.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Hope for a S2 in the future...at least there is the ova to look forward too for now once it finishes.

Well it's a good thing you said that.

In case anyone hasn't heard yet...Shinmai Testament is getting a second season in October 2015!!!! Not too surprising though, since preorders for this show were like, really fucking good. Like, wayyyyy better than anyone predicted.

What I really liked about this announcement, is the time gap. It's not a split cour like a bunch of shows are doing lately (Fate UBW, Aldnoah, Owari no Seraph), but it's an actual gap with an actual second season, not a cour. And the other good thing is, the season is coming out in less than a year. Which means less wait time, but long enough for the studio to produce something high quality and not something rushed to shit.

Haven't read the LNs, but from what I've seen online, what I'm looking forward to in S2 is:
Jonesy974Mar 18, 2015 9:17 PM
Mar 18, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
esofdiamon said:
I hope there will be season 2, the popularity is just like DXD I guess!

Your wish has been granted

SakurasouBusters said:

don't be sad, season 2 is just around the corner.
Mar 18, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2008
curzon17 said:
Rayzer said:

I thought it was self-evident. If Mio avenges the brutal murder of her parents, then perhaps the memory that she has done so will give her some comfort later in life.

It will actually do the opposite.
Nothing come out of vengeance other than hatred. Hatred from the people you exercised vengeance upon or hatred coming from their peers, it might also become self-hatred. I know this sound cheesy but in the end it is how it is.

Revenge give you a great feeling at first, especially if you believe it was deserved. Still, unless it is something trivial it is something you will likely remember for life. It is something you will reflect upon whether in a desire to make sure you were right or to try to understand how your actions might have affected innocents people negatively. No matter how justified something is, when it is done in the name of vengeance it loses it's meaning. Revenge does not liberate you from something, it binds you to it.
Mar 18, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2009
Could have sworn this happened much differently in the LN, but nonetheless good episode, hopefully zolgia dies next episode.
Mar 18, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, and also fast, Basara suffering quite, Mio arousing her powers, and some new points in the plot that have left the story even better

I found a bit forced the beast appear at the end for changing the plot again, but I also like how the plot surprises me, leaves a good anxiety for the final episode

I'm liking the anime, and I hope the end is also the height, well, the manga and the LN sure I'll continue reading ..
Mar 18, 2015 11:17 PM
Dec 2012
Hah, I knew that Lars won't die that easily... Puppeteer?
So, it was all planned by Basara with the help of Lars? Interesting...
Fking old fart should just die already... I don't want to wait another episode
Bunny-chan joined Basara's team! Maria's mom = YESSS! Glad that she's safe!
Mar 19, 2015 12:56 AM

Jun 2014
The fight was lame. But i liked the overall feel of the episode. LARS IS A BOSS. I like him. And yay! Zest gets to live and so does Maria's mother!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 19, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2013
Lars is still alive and I told you guys he made a deal with Basara!
But damn, they're in a monster. Dat OST tho.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
I knew that the mother wasn't dead from the moment that the other guy was alive...
Also, Basara was having a rather lewd dream. Yet his eyes weren't full of any joy.
Mar 19, 2015 2:38 AM
Jan 2012
The lewdness was so overwhelming, that even Basara couldn't handle it. And he has to do something similar every other day.

I can't really tell if I was expecting Maria's to be a loli as well or not... I feel like I wasn't until I saw her silhouette...

Well, I can't wait to see how things wrap up next week. Hopefully they all get out safely... And hopefully Lars can go ahead and kill Zolgia.

curzon17 said:
Well, Basara was pretty damn ineffectual this episode. And for all he knows, Mio killing Zolgia will give her a memory she will cherish for the rest of her life and he just deprived her of that. People are different.

He better get his act in gear next episode, or he'll no longer be worthy of the status of harem master.

Well, to be fair, his deal with Lars stated that he would let him kill Zolgia. So it may have been a roundabout way of saying, 'Sorry, I've promised him to another man.'
Mar 19, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2010

Too bad nothing for Hasegawa lol.
Mar 19, 2015 5:25 AM

May 2013
Maria's mother looks like she had not aged a day. Lars gets his revenge on Zolgia. Now heading off to the core and fighting for their escape.
Mar 19, 2015 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
Lars is such a boss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
>''you'll need help to go past these monsters''
>goes a totally different way

Man, just kill the shitface already. Now that Lars as pulled that magnificent plot twist!, he can finish him quickly so we never hear of that pervert again. Gosh, he's such a creeper.

A lot of BASARAAAA! yelling this episode. Damn mind control! Or hooray mind control for that orgy scene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2014
Meh episode I guess.
Lars not dead and that's good to know.
Finally, pervert old demon is going down (will get killed by Lars next episode?).
Last episode, escape from monster belly.
Mar 19, 2015 9:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
fuck yeah lars.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 19, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Smudy said:

+1. Already liked him since his first appearance because of Sugita, but he's actually proved himself as a character.
Mar 19, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
One episode left and prepare for SS2. How a great of that news.
Mar 19, 2015 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Lars owning :)

If only Mio can control her powers, she would own that goat in one shot :'(

Future Harem foreshadowing for season 2 XD

Mar 19, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
I don't really get Zolgea's plan.... so he was expecting Basara to come into the mansion with the help of Lars to rescue Mio and be subsequently captured by him? So was he expecting Lars to join forces and eventually kill him? Then why not make better preparations (like hiding Maria's mother better) in the first place?
Or did he just want his harem of Mio and Maria (seeing that Yuki only infiltrated later with Basara's gang)?

And was his initial plan to just rape Mio and make her spill Wilberts power out? But in that case, wouldn't it have been more effective if he'd just traumatized her by gibbing Maria's mother from the start, like even before the Demon Lord called him up? I mean, in the end that was what he mentioned as "his plan to make her release her power all along", right? Then he would have gone over to find the Demon Lord when he was already infinitely more powerful than him and could have taken over his position as the new Demon Lord, right?

Seriously, that part really didn't make much sense. It's not like he couldn't do the power transfer first before he left right?

And yes Basara was plenty useless this episode. In fact, if Lars hadn't had his own hidden agenda (which Basara knew nothing about, so he couldn't use that to convince Lars to help him), then Basara would have never had the opportunity to save Mio at all. And to put up such a pitiful display facing the pervert was hard on my eyes. I doubt it was his own plan to get his ass kicked and to fall under hypnosis, so I guess he thought he was better than Zolgear from the start...
I was expecting some sort of special trick from his Banishing Shift, or maybe Papa Basara to come in and save the day somehow, but in the end it was all Lars' puppeteering skills and the surprise of Mio's innate powers that actually saved the day.

He better get his shit together before the second season. I felt like they sorta billed him as the second coming of Jesus-Tatsuya when the show started, so to see him get his ass kicked to the point where he was hypnotized and put under some spell (which he got out only because Zolgear spent all his powers containing Wilbert + Mio's power, and then got burned by Super-Mio), was really disappointing.

One more episode, an OVA in June, and then then the best birthday present of a Season 2. Can't wait!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

161 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

71 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.