Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2015 6:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Recently I've been seeing people mention hoe every other action/ecchi/harem anime this season aren't being adapted that well and I was wondering if this series was being adapted poorly too?

Personally I still love the anime as well as some of the others airing this season but I just wanted to know if the anime skipped anything important whereas if have to read the LN in order to find things out

I don't mind spoilers so it's fine
Mar 16, 2015 11:15 PM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
Recently I've been seeing people mention hoe every other action/ecchi/harem anime this season aren't being adapted that well and I was wondering if this series was being adapted poorly too?

Personally I still love the anime as well as some of the others airing this season but I just wanted to know if the anime skipped anything important whereas if have to read the LN in order to find things out

From what I can remember Baka Tsuki only translated volumes 1 and 2 and so far episodes 1-4 are based on Volume 1, episodes 5-7 are based on Volume 2, episode 8 was mix between the ending of Volume 2 and beginning of Volume 3, and finally episodes 9-12 are based on Volume 3. I love this series and honestly I don't think is adapted poorly. The only problem I have with the anime is that the pacing is moving a little too fast. I was expecting the anime was based on Volumes 1 and 2 but they decided to adapted Volumes 1-3. Just like Aria the Scarlet Ammo because I think the anime was adapted from Volumes 1-3. But anyway I don't think skip anything important from the light novels, it's just the pacing is moving fast. However I'm hoping the blu-rays would add a little more because the blu-rays will be uncensored with three minutes of director's cut.
Mar 18, 2015 12:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:

From what I can remember Baka Tsuki only translated volumes 1 and 2 and so far episodes 1-4 are based on Volume 1, episodes 5-7 are based on Volume 2, episode 8 was mix between the ending of Volume 2 and beginning of Volume 3, and finally episodes 9-12 are based on Volume 3. I love this series and honestly I don't think is adapted poorly. The only problem I have with the anime is that the pacing is moving a little too fast. I was expecting the anime was based on Volumes 1 and 2 but they decided to adapted Volumes 1-3. Just like Aria the Scarlet Ammo because I think the anime was adapted from Volumes 1-3. But anyway I don't think skip anything important from the light novels, it's just the pacing is moving fast. However I'm hoping the blu-rays would add a little more because the blu-rays will be uncensored with three minutes of director's cut.
Oh okay man, thanks for the info!!
Mar 18, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:

Oh okay man, thanks for the info!!

No problem!!!
Mar 18, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2012
Personally i have never read the LN but since i have seen so many Anime that adapt LN material i could tell how the pacing was wise....Well vol 1 adapted the first 4....vol 2 5-7 and 8-12 are vol 3... it appears that every new story arc is equivalent to 1 LN Volume.

It would seem that vol 2 was the one that was adapted the fastest while vol 1 was a bit less faced paced and the last one was properly paced.

Hey considering how most LN material especially Harem, ecchi types are always so rushed and poorly adapted,,,this show is doing great.....It is definitely one of the better new ones that have come out in recent years.
Mar 18, 2015 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
The pacing may be fast, but as mentioned 3 minute scenes will be added in the BDs.

Also, it sold so well that there is going to be a season 2 in October, so look forward to it.
Mar 18, 2015 10:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Personally i have never read the LN but since i have seen so many Anime that adapt LN material i could tell how the pacing was wise....Well vol 1 adapted the first 4....vol 2 5-7 and 8-12 are vol 3... it appears that every new story arc is equivalent to 1 LN Volume.

It would seem that vol 2 was the one that was adapted the fastest while vol 1 was a bit less faced paced and the last one was properly paced.

Hey considering how most LN material especially Harem, ecchi types are always so rushed and poorly adapted,,,this show is doing great.....It is definitely one of the better new ones that have come out in recent years.

Jonesy974 said:
The pacing may be fast, but as mentioned 3 minute scenes will be added in the BDs.

Also, it sold so well that there is going to be a season 2 in October, so look forward to it.
Sweeeeeeet, this makes me very happy lol. Thanks for the heads up guys

Really excited for S2
Mar 18, 2015 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
Jonesy974 said:

Oh really?

Glad to hear that since i'm looking forward to it.
Mar 18, 2015 10:35 PM

Sep 2013
The only problem I see is that the action isn't done good enough, they're rushing the fighting too much.
Mar 19, 2015 6:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
The only problem I see is that the action isn't done good enough, they're rushing the fighting too much.
I see...Hopefully it'd get better in S2 then >.<

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

161 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

74 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.