Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2015 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good amount of action for this including teamwork. Lucchini took quite the risk in that battle though and I was honestly scared for a moment there.

The Neuroi they fought seems to be stronger than normal. Anyways, good to see Charlotte in action and taking a strong role in this as well. She's one of my favorite from the series.
Mar 20, 2015 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
I liked this episode more than the first although the first one wasn't bad. But the Lucchini and Shirley combo is awesome. Lots of great action and I liked Rommel in this one, and he seems like a good General.

But what bothers me the most about the OVA as a whole is that we won't get a episode dedicated to Eila and Sanya. This world is so damn unfair.
SayaVikingMar 20, 2015 7:57 PM
Mar 20, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2009
SayaViking said:

But what bothers me the most about the OVA as a whole is that we won't get a episode dedicated to Eila and Sanya. This world is so damn unfair.

This.
Mar 20, 2015 7:36 PM

Jul 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
SayaViking said:

This.

i agree... unless we do get one...?? is there any news of the third episode that I missed? out of any of the cast I'd prefer an episode with sanya/eila. Despite all the doujin yuri shippings, this is still the best couple in all of strike witches, hands down.

nevermind all that shit, though.... where the fuck is my third season?!?!?
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 20, 2015 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
Strike witches is truly glorious! Loved the inclusion of Rommel aswell.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Mar 20, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
mg021 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

This.

i agree... unless we do get one...?? is there any news of the third episode that I missed? out of any of the cast I'd prefer an episode with sanya/eila. Despite all the doujin yuri shippings, this is still the best couple in all of strike witches, hands down.

nevermind all that shit, though.... where the fuck is my third season?!?!?

I know that feeling. I would very much like to get an episode with Sanya and Eila instead of Perrine and Lynette.

And I hope that the third season is going to be about the 502nd and with some luck, perhaps they left out Sanya and Eila of the OVA so they can make an appearance in one of the episode there. At least that's what I am hoping for.
Mar 20, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
problems/issues:

".... instead of Perrine and Lynette."
is this a known fact?!? did I miss this news somewhere?!?
if so: NOOooooooooo!!!!!

Lynette/Miyafiuji story I wouldn't be entirely opposed to, but Perrine/anyone only promises cries of "Sakamoto Sho-sannnnnnnnn!"

edit: (sp?)
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 21, 2015 1:03 AM

Sep 2009
Unfortunately ep. 3 will be about Perrine and Lynne. It's known for some time already and you could just check the CM at the end of this ep. Unless they add some footage about other girls there.
Mar 21, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2010
So Rommel made his appearance as a nice and kind general.
And it was nice to see him show interest in historic sites, seems he trusted the witches as well.

Marseile also made an appearance again which was also nice to see tho she behaved herself a bit more then last time.
Seems she has some respect for Neumann.
It was also nice to see Raise.

And now we will have to wait on Episode 3.
Mar 21, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2014
Then why are Eila and Sanya listed as main characters in the page? Where does this info come from? Maybe they'll show up on the 3rd episode along with perrine and lyne.
A book and who seek it attract one another. -Dantalian no Shoka
Mar 21, 2015 5:30 PM

Sep 2013
What a GREAT episode! Lucchini is my all-time favorite :)
Lots of fun, very sweet story.
AND the non-witch armed forces FINALLY did something! I've waited since the very beginning for them to destroy even one enemy. Geez!

It's so nice to see their ears and tails while they fly. About time the animators weren't so lazy!

Edit: WHAT? The VA for Lucchini is Chiwa Saito? Who also does the voice of Hitagi Senjougahara? :heart: How cool is that?
5CatsMar 21, 2015 5:34 PM
Mar 21, 2015 5:31 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was awesome, especially Ernst/Erwin Rommel xD
I liked it quite a bit more than the first, even though the German Witches are my favorites.
It's pretty sad the next episode will be the last. They should have covered all witches.

Mar 22, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Awesome episode!

Action/animation were on point.

I liked the different setup of an entrenched neuroi, and seeing Rommel and the military being helpful was good.

That bath scene did catch me off guard for a second, there wasn't anything like that in Ep1. Though I shouldn't have been surprised considering its SW. In fact the whole episode was more ecchi than the first, which is fine as it was never a distraction

Silver Link, announce a surprise 4th OVA!
The way they are grouped in the opening makes me slightly sad every time.
Atram151Mar 22, 2015 7:29 AM
Mar 25, 2015 1:44 PM
Sep 2007
Can't wait for Perrine episode.
Mar 27, 2015 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Loved the episode!
The action was great, the fight was very enjoyable and I loved Rommel's apperance.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 1, 2015 8:18 AM

May 2014
The animation feels like it's getting better, although I guess that is a benefit of it being an OVA.

<3 Luchinni, Was looking forward to this one. Didn't disappoint.
Apr 25, 2015 1:21 PM

May 2014
This episode was awesome. Can't wait for the next one, even with the supposed lack of eila/sanya I'm sure it'll be worth it.
May 1, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
The general is the true MVP.
Jun 25, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Erwi... I mean... Ernst Rommel was a really nice guy!

Nice episode. Shirley and Lucchini are always cute.
Jul 9, 2015 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
I like that the armed forces ACTUALLY did something for once XD Actively did something, not just supported.

Lucchini is my favorite. Shes adorable. I also like seeing other witches, and seeing history changed to include witches as far back as ancient Greece.

Now to just wait for the 3rd ova to be finally subbed...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 8, 2015 3:21 PM
Dec 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
SayaViking said:

This.

I love Sanya just like any of the rest of us, but Eila sucks. I don't understand what Sanya sees in her.
Feb 14, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2012
Nice conclusion of this battle! Let's see what the last ova episode will offer us!
Aug 16, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2014
Shirley best girl.

that Marseille girl really annoying. I wish to rape her to show dominance.
Aug 31, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
We got to see more of Lucchini and her family (they call her Franca). Shirley and Lucchini are always a superior team. It's great that Marseille and Shirley are getting along at last!
Dec 1, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
It is perhaps a little less convincing than the first, but everything is to be found in the shortest time available for storytelling and a little also because the newspaper is very tight, since much of it is dedicated to the battle. This one is convincing, although it has a few twists. Drawings and animations, very good. Again the sound department is satisfactory and the soundtrack is very catchy.
Dec 28, 2016 11:11 PM

Apr 2011
Is the Star of Africa a tsundere? She's a bit annoying bit okay.

Nice way to take out that snake type Neuroi. Maybe they should've done that from the start.
Dec 29, 2016 1:51 AM
Dec 2016
one word to this anime

PERFECT
Mar 27, 2017 6:55 PM
Jan 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Sep 2018
This second OVA also offers interesting moments, both in the moments dedicated to the action (although not as good as in the previous one), and in the moments concerning the free time of the characters involved in this story. Overall, the narrative is quite amusing. Quality of drawings and backdrops more than good. The ending is as catchy as that of the first OVA. The opening of this OVA series is pretty nice in terms of video and background music.
Mar 5, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Was okay, expected more fanservice from an episode including Shirley and that blonde girl.
Nov 4, 2020 8:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its really surprised me a bit when they actually not gonna had a good wandering time at the African continent. Because i should know from that title, its about one of the island from the Aegean sea, Delos, that became their main battlefield object for these episode. Oh well, i was obviously miss that thing!

For the first line. They had some real nice script and scenario there, ngl. Surely, i never expected seeing General Rommel to be involved directly much on the girls mission. The script writer for these episode seems to had some nice admiration toward that general of Karlsland. Lol, at her afraid against Neumann statement, and he had a gentleman approached facing the girls mind and strategy and valued them much. That differences surprisingly made a better personality for that man than many generals i encounter from these series. Well, a nice additional character to ligthen up the interaction within all of the casts there, eh? Such a great decision!

Well, i mean look at that tension rivality between Shirley and Marseille xD. And Lucchini seemed to be so emotional on these episode too. Because, yeah, its really a historical point for her, and for the sake of humanity legacy for the rest of the world. Delos island must be saved! So the plan was solid, to lure that mole looks like Neuroi out of that place without destroying the whole island. And its somehow succeeded. Yeah, that sunken ship helped them a lot with its winch, surprisingly caught off my guard first. So, yeah, everyone supported each others for the sake a mission completion without destroying the whole island. Even the general directly helped them, and yeah, its really a nice way to demolished that Neuroi! Once again, Strike Witches showed hoe strategic their stands were. Never underestimated the power of a flying pantsu!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 21, 2021 12:46 PM

Feb 2020
Nice action.

All that tension between Marseille and Charlotte was amusing again. At least they get along a litter better now.

Lucchini is always so adorable. :3

SerafosNov 30, 2023 1:59 AM
Jul 26, 2021 5:03 AM

Aug 2018
By the way, it feels that maybe both Ending from episode 1, as well as this Ending - sang characters themselves.. I'm not too sure, as didn't check.. But feels like their voices..
Aug 3, 2021 8:39 PM

Jul 2021
This was a good episode.

Not sure if anyone else felt like this but I think this episode is referencing the Guns of Navarone. In the Guns of Navarone, the germans have large guns fortified in the side of a mountain that overlooks the Aegean Sea. Basically, the British boats can not pass as the canons in the mountain just keep destroying them. So I think that is what this Neuroi represents. I also feel confidant saying this since the name of this episode is "Goddess of the Aegean Sea"

Very cool to see Rommel in this, and even cooler that he respects the witches and incorporates them into his plans (unlike the generals we see in s1 and s2). I was also super shocked that Rommel came to help lol.

More topics from this board

» "Operation Victory Arrow"

JokoSukino - Jun 12, 2022

1 by Joshua123_4 »»
Jun 13, 2022 3:32 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2015

44 by bushman66 »»
Mar 18, 2022 10:32 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 18, 2014

51 by Gendolfas »»
Aug 3, 2021 2:15 PM

» Anyone heard anything about a possible Dub for this?

KendraD - Sep 5, 2017

0 by KendraD »»
Sep 5, 2017 9:17 AM

» Episode 3?

5hreddy - May 10, 2015

6 by Narco »»
Jun 25, 2015 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.