Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2015 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow...

Just wow. Anyways, I hope Hak can control himself in the future because his bloodlust for some vengeance really hit the spot.
Mar 19, 2015 1:34 AM
Mar 2015
Can I just say that I AM SOOOO CONFUSED
I read Akatsuki no Yona on mangafox and everything was fine until these last few chapters, where this Riri person appeared and Yona is with Soo Won.
CONFUSTICATED!!!!
Apr 11, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
this chapter just portrayed hak's blind rage towards soo-won and how much he wants to get back at him for killing the previous king and hurting yona.

this shows just how scary hak can be, those death glares are intimidating!

in the end he calmed down (what a relief~)
Apr 19, 2015 12:01 AM
Nov 2010
^ Not just Yona and King Il, but for himself too. I mean, these three were childhood friends. We already know how much Hak loves Yona and just a few months ago, he had already made up his mind to let her go and was ready to pledge his life to Soo-won. Why? Because he loved them both. He wanted happiness for not just Yona, but for Soo-won as well and nothing, not even his own feelings for Yona could have changed that.

So for Soo-won to kill the king and betray them both, Hak is angry of course, but more than that, I think he's also heartbroken. (His expression at the end when Soo-won was leaving... ;__;) The night that Soo-won killed the king, Hak also lost a very dear friend and up until this chapter, I don't think he's been able to mourn over his own loss, whether because he's been too busy worrying about Yona or because he doesn't know how to. He's been suffering from Soo-won's betrayal and I feel like people mistake his grief for him being angry for Yona's sake, when it's way more than just that.

On another note, I really liked this chapter! I was hoping that Hak would land at least one punch on Soo-woon haha (I like Soo-woon, but... he deserves it), but I kinda expected someone to step in. *sigh* I felt bad for Soo-won's body guards, but at the same time, I was like...damn. But I suppose he isn't called Kouka's Thunderbeast for nothing.
Apr 19, 2015 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
uzaaya said:
^ Not just Yona and King Il, but for himself too. I mean, these three were childhood friends. We already know how much Hak loves Yona and just a few months ago, he had already made up his mind to let her go and was ready to pledge his life to Soo-won. Why? Because he loved them both. He wanted happiness for not just Yona, but for Soo-won as well and nothing, not even his own feelings for Yona could have changed that.

So for Soo-won to kill the king and betray them both, Hak is angry of course, but more than that, I think he's also heartbroken. (His expression at the end when Soo-won was leaving... ;__;) The night that Soo-won killed the king, Hak also lost a very dear friend and up until this chapter, I don't think he's been able to mourn over his own loss, whether because he's been too busy worrying about Yona or because he doesn't know how to. He's been suffering from Soo-won's betrayal and I feel like people mistake his grief for him being angry for Yona's sake, when it's way more than just that.

On another note, I really liked this chapter! I was hoping that Hak would land at least one punch on Soo-woon haha (I like Soo-woon, but... he deserves it), but I kinda expected someone to step in. *sigh* I felt bad for Soo-won's body guards, but at the same time, I was like...damn. But I suppose he isn't called Kouka's Thunderbeast for nothing.

I think you're right on so many points! I think Yona's had a lot more opportunity to reflect and cope with what happened. I feel like Hak's been really suppressive and so all his pain came out all at once. I feel like just the fact that Yona can say anything to Soo-won and how she manages to keep her cool shows how much Yona has been able to come to terms with things. Plus, those images of the past with the three of them... so heartbreaking.
May 4, 2015 11:24 PM

Apr 2013
That was fucking phenomenal.

I hope there'll be a 2nd season because I want to see this animated!
May 18, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2014
wow, any earlier chapter did not ruin me as much as this one ;_; and its title 'he was a very dear friend' only makes it worse and confirms what you guys above me have said

we're masochists, i'd give a lot to see it animated too :D
eijunesMay 19, 2015 1:17 PM
remember me for centuries;
May 18, 2015 5:43 PM

Nov 2014
uzaaya said:

It is exactly what you said.
I am all in tears feeling for Hak T.T
Yona had her time to mourn over her father and her heart, she was soulless for a while and she cried a lot.
Hak didn't have that pleasure, he needed to act fast, save yona, run, stay strong for yona and he occupied his mind with all the dangerous situations he got involved in. Seeing his best friend, his true friend who broke his heart and betrayed him and the dearest people to him, he just exploded, snapped out all his anger, depression, and sadness trying to beat the hell out of Soo-won. IT is his only way of mourning over his wounds. Sadly he couldn't even lay a finger.

I've waited for this meeting for so long. SO LONG
I'd love to see this animated but I don't believe even season 2 can reach up to this far :/
May 19, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like Hak is not called Thunder Beast for nothing...
This chapter was...bloody...and phenomenal.
May 19, 2015 1:10 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Hak's expression was badass as fuck. And with all that dark it looked so cool!

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 20, 2015 3:19 AM

Aug 2014
Hak's desire to kill Soo-Won...that was just amazing! Especially how he just went super saiyan, beating the hell out of everyone who tried to stop him. I'm looking forward to when/if Hak and Soo-Won are to fight each other in the future.
May 22, 2015 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
...well, damn.

AMAZING chapter, you don't realize just how much Hak has been struggling with the whole series until now. He went through just as much pain as Yona did after Soo-won killed Il, he's just been keeping it to himself the whole time, and I think that's really important because I see so many people on the internet assuming that Hak is so angry only for Yona but that's clearly not the case here. This was super personal for Hak, that's why he completely lost control like that. He's heartbroken over Soo-won's betrayal.

Especially his reaction when Soo-won was leaving, and then the final page where he starts crying...

I WANT TO SEE THIS ANIMATED
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2013

Mother... of... God...

Wow. I waited 90+ chapters for this and it did not disappoint. That was Hak going mother f'n HAM to the max. That is da real Thunder Beast/Raiju. General Judo was nothing for Hak but a mere mosquito. And anyone bitching about Hak overreacting, uzaaya said it best. I don't even care about a Second Season. Just get me more translated manga!!
Jun 1, 2015 2:00 PM
Mar 2012
Woah. Intense chapter. Wow...

uzaaya said:
The night that Soo-won killed the king, Hak also lost a very dear friend and up until this chapter, I don't think he's been able to mourn over his own loss, whether because he's been too busy worrying about Yona or because he doesn't know how to. He's been suffering from Soo-won's betrayal and I feel like people mistake his grief for him being angry for Yona's sake, when it's way more than just that.
Very well said.

It's not healthy, he has to honestly work on that and not just push it away.

5 Stages of Grief
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

He can't reach 5. if he can't get over 2. :/

I often have the feeling that Akatsuki no Yona is very much about Hak, too.
Jun 1, 2015 7:11 PM
Nov 2010
^ I actually feel like this chapter was a turning (starting?) point for Hak. This was Hak's first time meeting Soo-won face to face since that night and for the first time since then, Hak is finally allowed to lash out. There's been moments when he briefly showed his anger, but nothing to this degree. There was a lot of anger, but it's coming from so much sadness and seeing him crying at the end was (although painfully heartbreaking ;__;), I think, a good step in the right direction in terms of healing. He still has a long way to go, ofc, but losing a precious friend so quickly and unexpectedly would be hard to deal with in any circumstance.

That being said, I feel like this meeting helped Hak release a *little* of the anger and sorrow that's been bottling up in him for a while now. (At the expense of Soo-won's body guards, and poor Jae-ha and Kija, lol.) Next time, I think he'll be able to face the situation a bit more calmly but I don't doubt the anger will still be there.
Jun 2, 2015 6:36 AM

Aug 2010
YumeNoMonogatari said:
That was fucking phenomenal.
I hope there'll be a 2nd season because I want to see this animated!

+1 Holy Damn! That was epic! I was reading it lying down on bed then half way through I just had to sit up from the hype and intensity. Damn!

If it was for the action alone, that would've been epic enough but nope! The thing that made that action so good was the emotions mixed in. Hak's feelings towards SooWon exploding was absolutely brilliantly done :O Dat face! And he friggin needed two dragons to stop him even though he's empty handed. Monster!

Lili's probably traumatised lol. I really like SooWon but I wanted him to at least get one punch to the face :/ Dammit Jaeha XD really can't wait for the dragons to know what went on with Hak and Yona and Soowon.
Jun 8, 2015 1:50 PM
Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:
And he friggin needed two dragons to stop him even though he's empty handed.
And badly wounded.

After a second read, I realized that Yona is being a little self-centered here. She's saying "I'm fine" as if she's thinking that's the only thing Hak is concerned about.
Sure, she wants to be able to protect him, too, but she doesn't really see Hak as someone involved in this personally, other than as her protector. Though she should know that they were good friends.
She's really quite oblicious about his fellings, isn't she?
Jun 17, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2013
That was great, damn.
Jun 17, 2015 11:53 PM

Sep 2014
I've been eating my way through the manga for the past few days and I felt the need to comment on this particular chapter. This series isn't just about Yona's story but Hak's as well. We have seen remarkable growth in Yona but if you look back, we haven't seen Hak overcome his grief over not only losing King Il but also his dear friend, Su-won. Like several posters have already mentioned, Hak was unable to properly grieve over his losses. Most of the time, he is occupied with protecting Yona and on guard. I have to say letting out his emotions and going on a berserk state is probably the first step in moving on. I would expect that his next inevitable encounter with Su-won would be more or less level-headed. I don't think Su-won freeze again and be defenceless the next time it happens. Anyway, I'm excited to see what awaits for Hak's development.

I also concur with the above poster. The only blemish in this amazing chapter would be the last few scenes where Yona tried to calm Hak down by saying that she's fine. I felt like she completely disregard his personal feelings for Su-won there.

[/center]
Jun 20, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2014
Had the biggest grin on my face during the whole chapter...Hak you magnificent beast! ^^
Jul 15, 2015 11:13 PM
Nov 2010
NinaQ said:
I also concur with the above poster. The only blemish in this amazing chapter would be the last few scenes where Yona tried to calm Hak down by saying that she's fine. I felt like she completely disregard his personal feelings for Su-won there.

I've seen several arguments about this scene, but tbh I never really got that impression. This is just my own personal interpretation, but I feel like most of Hak's anger is due to Yona's sake, where as the scene at the end where he's crying, represents his true feelings about Soo-won's betrayal. Not saying that Hak has no reason to be angry at Soo-won, because clearly he does, but I think it's supposed to show just how much Hak loved Soo-won. He was such a precious person in his life that his betrayal hurts Hak more than anything else.

I actually came to this conclusion just recently, btw, so this might contradict with some of my earlier posts. I re-read the chapter a bit more carefully and the scene at the end where Yona says "I'm all right" kept bugging me. At first, I felt like it was just Yona's way of calming him down. Up until this point, Hak wasn't listening to anyone, but Yona knows that Hak will listen to her no matter what, so she says the one thing that would calm him down = her well-being. I also felt like it was supposed to be a reference to the flashback Hak had in the beginning, of Yona when they had just left the castle. Hak was already in rage-mode, but as soon as the flashback appeared, that was when he completely snapped.

But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered why Mizuho-sensei chose those words specifically, and the theory I came to was that the "I'm all right" from Yona was meant to confirm that Hak doesn't hate Soo-won. No matter what he does, even after betraying both him and Yona, Hak just can't hate Soo-won. I think we all sort of knew this even before this chapter, but the scene at the end really confirmed it, imo. As soon as Yona said that she was okay, whether or not that's true, he no longer had a reason to be angry and that's when he started to cry because that was what he truly felt about the situation, about Soo-won. Grief, frustration, etc.

Again, just a personal interpretation, though! Feel free to disagree, but it just bugged me how much flack Yona got for that last scene so here's my two cents on it.
Jul 25, 2015 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
@uzaaya you could be correct - But I can easily see where the Flak might come from too;.i've seen given for Flak... Yona has yet to fully understand Haks feelings towards Herself; how could she fully understand them for another ? His pain anger and loss. I am sure she wants to more than anyone else most likely.. but the question is does she yet? I think you start to finally get more going in that area after this.

As for me and my fully my own opinion here also lol I think the rage .. and the tears of sorrow are one and the same they are in large parts for himself and yona.. What was once is now gone; you would need some serious retconing to make them all great friends who trust each other again. Rage over the pain and sorrow/tears over the loss when the rage fades. It doesnt mean he wouldn't Kill su-won ; I can't see the story ending with Hak killing him.. But the only way as noted here to stop him Rage state or no Would be direct interference from Yona. Else wise those two will fight. They likely will have to. (And I cant honestly see how Su-won would win said either in either state of mind Hak is a superior warrior)

But I think as others have - this story is also in large parts about Hak as it is Yona.
Aug 10, 2015 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
I think this chapter shows how much Hak cared and cares for Soo-Won. I think the chapter of their childhood clearly shows how deep those two were friends which is confirmed in this chapter.
Wonderful really. I think this chapter contained much more emotion than Soo-Won and Yona's first meeting which was also amazing, but this one...oh boy, its so heartbreaking, I cant help but remember their childhood chapter when Soo-Won said Hak was his goal and Hak said he had to become worthy of him in order for them to be equals...oh man, heartbreaking, really. It also flashbacks me the manga scene when Soo-Won cried in Hak's shoulder and said it was a "fortunate dream" (about them 3 being together).
One thing to me is certain here: Hak loved Soo-Won as much as Yona even if in a "different" way, its very clear he had Soo-Won as a brother/best friend...and that makes my heart hurt. Excuse me while I go cry in my bed....

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 15, 2015 3:28 PM

May 2014
What an absurd good chapter.
The way Hak moved this episode, it made my heart thump throughout the whole episode, damn.
He is way too strong. Good though.
Aug 22, 2015 5:58 PM
Mar 2012
uzaaya said:

I'm glad you pointed this out.... tbh, sometimes I find the relationship between hak/suwoon to be stronger than that of yona/soowon. Yeah, sure he killed her father and she has every right to be angry, but hak/soowon also had very strong ties since they were childhood friends as well. The writer even added in those back stories between the two to add strength to this moment in the manga. I also believe his anger was letting go of the grief hes been holding in all this time...it was definitely a combination of everything in that moment. On a side note, I would seriously love to see this scene in an anime adaption~ it was super intense (well i would love to see it all adapted...but you know what i mean i'm sure lol).
Sep 1, 2015 10:14 AM
Jun 2014
Pretty awesome chapter, but too bad about the typical cliche where Soo-Won doesn't show the slightest hint of weakness. He would be pissing his pants but you know....
Sep 19, 2015 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
Oh myyy gerr! That was really intense. It felt like i stopped breathing.
This whole chapter was damn amazing. I can feel Hak more. DEYUUUM!
Loving him more and more. :)))
Dec 18, 2015 6:45 AM
Nov 2015
uzaaya said:
^ Not just Yona and King Il, but for himself too. I mean, these three were childhood friends. We already know how much Hak loves Yona and just a few months ago, he had already made up his mind to let her go and was ready to pledge his life to Soo-won. Why? Because he loved them both. He wanted happiness for not just Yona, but for Soo-won as well and nothing, not even his own feelings for Yona could have changed that. <br />
<br />
So for Soo-won to kill the king and betray them both, Hak is angry of course, but more than that, I think he's also heartbroken. (His expression at the end when Soo-won was leaving... ;__;) The night that Soo-won killed the king, Hak also lost a very dear friend and up until this chapter, I don't think he's been able to mourn over his own loss, whether because he's been too busy worrying about Yona or because he doesn't know how to. He's been suffering from Soo-won's betrayal and I feel like people mistake his grief for him being angry for Yona's sake, when it's way more than just that. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

I agree with you. Of course Hak felt betrayed by soo won. He trsuted him completly and then, boom,their friendship collapsed when soo won killed Emperor Il. That night, he lost 2 people he admired and close to, Emperor Il because he died, and Soo won because of his betrayal. And afer he saw the state Yona was in, of course he will want to pour his anger towards the cause of her state,Soo won. Hak deserves to be really and utterly angry to soo won, i think. He is hurting deep inside too, because he thinks Yona still like (or can't forget, whichever you like) Soo won by still keeping the hair ornament he gave her, and because Yona said said his affection towards her is a 'joke'. But, know i can see Yona started to 'notice' things about him >-< and i can see a ship that ready to sail with the otp (♥◇♥)
Apr 30, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
I am marothing this after i have finished watching anime but i will stop here , what a beautiful chapter , just when i thought hak couldn't get anymore cooler

KageNoAbisu said:
...well, damn.

I WANT TO SEE THIS ANIMATED

same here hopefully after they are done with ova .

Jul 1, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2016
That.... was....... INTENSE. oh my, Hak's emotions were so raw and heartbreaking. Kudos to Kusanagi-chan for illustrating Hak's rage, sorrow, and nostalgia. I'm definitely re-reading this chapter again in the future.

I agree with the above comments on Hak's justifiable anger. It's true that he did not have the opportunity to come to terms with Su-won's betrayal what with fleeing Hiryuu castle and protecting Yona. Not to mention, he saw Su-won as a brother figure which only makes Hak's confusion and anger even more passionate. I agree that this story is about Hak just as much as it is about Yona. Glad to see some heavy character development for Hak, though, and I couldn't have imagined it done in a better way. He has a long path to tread before he can reach the stage where Yona is at now (it was nice to finally see that she is lacking the feelings for Su-won that she held before... now replaced by bitter indifference, if you will...).

I also enjoyed the interactions between Yona and General Ju-Doh, really nostalgic and important too. All those flashbacks... ugh I love this series so much. (°◡°♡)

AND YES X10000000 TO WANTING TO SEE THIS ANIMATED!
Feb 4, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
my god

this was too epic for my heart
i need to this animated

Nov 8, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2018
A bit late to the show but man! Hak wiped the floor with Soo-Won's bodyguards, unarmed and while being injured. Jesus Christ!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2019 11:22 AM
Jan 2019
I think Jae Ha's kicks and punches were real just to get back from Hak's teasing him! Ahahah! Well we saw how strong Hak is, even the Green Dragong warrior cant make Dark Dragon Warrior get down on his knees. I feel sad for Hak, he never get injured from the ship battle but only after the battle. He was seriously badly injured. :(
ErgaDiRaskreiaMar 23, 2019 11:32 AM
Jun 18, 2020 1:59 PM
Dec 2010
This chapter is intense. Hak's rage is understandable. Suwon basically destroyed his life. Hak lost his king, his friend and his freedom. He was accused of murdering the king and has to live far away into hiding.
Jun 28, 2020 11:56 AM
Mar 2020
honly shit. Hak's a beast... with one hand to.
Jun 25, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2021
This chapter was intense, Hak really was an unstoppable beast
Dec 8, 2023 10:12 PM
Feb 2017
I finished reading this up to chapter 251 a week ago and came back here to say that this is THE MOST INTENSE Hak in all of the chapters. I understand where he was coming from tho. It wasn't just about hurting Yona and killing the former king, it was more personal to him as he treated Soo-won as his best friend, as his inspiration to become worthy of Soo-Won's admiration towards him, and his future king who he was supposed to be devoting his life to. He's more hurt than Yona, I think.
Dec 8, 2023 10:22 PM
Feb 2017
Reply to Stormen
Pretty awesome chapter, but too bad about the typical cliche where Soo-Won doesn't show the slightest hint of weakness. He would be pissing his pants but you know....
@Stormen he CLEARLY showed a hint of weakness by being stuck on his feet.
Apr 7, 3:55 PM

Apr 2020
Best chapter so far, my man showed his beast side. Too bad green Dragon got some treatment.

More topics from this board

» What I hate about the series

JolyKyriem - May 9

0 by JolyKyriem »»
May 9, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

9 by Uyumi »»
May 8, 1:13 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.