Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2015 12:10 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Tetsuo finally admits that he loves Hanami. Gah, feel so bad for Akira at the end. Wonder how this ends...
Mar 15, 2015 5:56 AM

Mar 2013
I'm going to feel so sorry for Akira and I'm really annoyed by Tetsuo because it took him long enough to admit it to himself but this is kind of reality and we can't control what we feel for another sometimes. I can never blame Tetsuo for what he's feeling, maybe only for what his choices were, are, and will become. I just hope the kind, mellow, and beautiful Akira will be alright though I know she's felt the signs already T_T
Roronoa Zoro is love. Roronoa Zoro is life.
Mar 15, 2015 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
I really am annoyed with Tetsuo.
I guess that's because I just can't understand him at all, I don't have those type of feelings, or rather, I know how to control my feelings, so I don't get when people say they can't control that, not one bit.

If you are in a relationship you will always be attracted to people but you have to know how to shut those things off to be faithful to someone. Because it's not like you go blind you will see good looking people you are attracted to all the time but you don't have to cheat you can just enjoy the view like a picture and shut those feelings off. Cheaters will always say "I felt this or I couldn't control myself" It's a lame and untrue excuse for them to easily use. People saying they can't control how they feel is just not true they are just using it as an excuse.

The real problem here is a lot deeper. It's psychological, he feels inadequate or inferior to Akira because she is smarter, more successful, has more money and is older than him. So he wants someone who doesn't have as much in their head because they will look up to him, someone who will just be there and make him look and feel good without challenging his own security.

It's very typical of men or should I say of men with insecurity and self worth problems. It reflects back on how Tetsuo feels about himself not in how he feels about Akira. Or rather Akira's success makes him feel inadequate but that's his issue not hers.
Mar 20, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
inzaratha said:

The real problem here is a lot deeper. It's psychological, he feels inadequate or inferior to Akira because she is smarter, more successful, has more money and is older than him. So he wants someone who doesn't have as much in their head because they will look up to him, someone who will just be there and make him look and feel good without challenging his own security.

Very good take. He's not in love with Hanami. How can he be, he knows nothing about her. It's an infatuation. More to the point, he's too insecure about himself to love Akira so he seeks someone else less threatening.

It's a soap opera cliche. Remove Hanami and have Tetsuo be more honest with his feelings and you have a decent story. As such, the story has lost sight of itself.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2015

53 by _cat_fanny_ »»
Jan 20, 8:04 PM

» Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 35.1 / 35.2 Discussion

Moecalypse - Sep 22, 2017

1 by SabreDrago »»
Dec 16, 2022 3:35 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 25 Discussion

SabreDrago - Dec 16, 2022

0 by SabreDrago »»
Dec 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 26 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2014

13 by Confucius »»
Apr 22, 2019 1:35 AM

» which one should I read first?

Andrez-ssi - Jul 15, 2016

0 by Andrez-ssi »»
Jul 15, 2016 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.