Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2008 3:57 AM

Jan 2008
Trinty team seem to lack real skill in piloting their gundam. They seem to rely heavily on their gundam's technical advantage over others as shown by setsuna smashing up the fangs or in the previous episode where graham takes on Johann.

But things are really starting to heating up :D Bring on ep20!
Feb 24, 2008 10:26 AM
Jan 2008
Aero8 said:

But things are really starting to heating up :D Bring on ep20!

should be able to watch it tonight or tomorrow ^__^
Feb 26, 2008 2:33 AM

Dec 2007
Man you guys are cold. Just last episode EVERYBODY in the discussion thread felt sorry for Louise (and Saji too), and now you're all "I'm glad you're gone"? Ouch. :D

Anyway. Solid episode. When I saw the previews I thought Lockon was pointing a gun at Setsuna for attacking the Gundams, which would've been stupid. I'm glad they didn't go with that.

Hm. Were those things in Antartica real GN drives? Well, they wouldn't be "real" GN drives, they'd just be the crappy wannabe kind, but still...that would make all of this kinda complicated...and not in a good way.

BTW...Louise's dream was to see Saji fulfill his dream, which is really sweet when you think about it. But Saji leaving her was just stupid. >_< Maybe they'll turn it around later though.

Speaking of...only six episodes left before S1 ends...not sure whether to be more excited for the finale of this or the start of Code Geass R2....probably both! :D
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 9, 2008 12:21 PM

May 2008
great episode.
setsuna = baka. but he's cool.
nada's ability was kick ass.
the producers sure made a good job of making the trinity siblings very hateable.
Jul 27, 2008 1:50 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome episode! ^_^ I loved every minute of it. Setsuna smiling! ^_^
Sep 11, 2008 9:15 AM

Jun 2007
Finally, we see some more Lockon! Now, I want to see the Trinitys get beaten down!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 2, 2008 5:23 AM

May 2007
Ore wa GANDAMU da! - that was great..

great ep, the end was a little long an draggy though

May 1, 2009 8:19 PM

Mar 2009
Those things in Anartica look like nukes. Holy crap, Tieria smiled! That's gotta be a plus.
So Setsuna was a part of the group that killed Lockon's Parents. I guess Lockon will focus his revenge on Ali now.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 16, 2009 4:58 PM

Apr 2007
aww, I liked this episode. Johann trying to set Lockon on Setsuna, but it didn't work. But I liked the end with everyone smiling.(Lockon, Tieria, Setsuna)

They need to plainly say exactly what Tieria is, jeez. But it was nice seeing him get along with the others. And if not for the Trinity's, Setsuna and Tieria wouldn't be getting along. But goodness, Trinity's need to get their asses kicked big time. But I have a feeling that everything was just planned out like Sumeragi was saying.

With the Louise and Saji thing. She pushed him away because they both love eachother, apparently from their incomplete 'I...love...'s' so she doesn't want to hold him back. If he stayed he'd always be concerned over her, and like she said, she'd feel inferior. He probably wouldn't be able to move on, and with them apart he should be able to concentrate more. mmm, I wonder if we should look forward to him going to pilot a flag or something. But, all this better be something, instead of just showing them. >.>

"I can't believe they attacked us" Seriously? You can't think of one reason why Exia, Virtue and Dynames would want to beat the crap outta ya.
mysticdreamerJun 16, 2009 6:13 PM

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Feb 8, 2010 4:02 PM

Feb 2009
Probably my favourite episode so far!
Feb 8, 2010 8:41 PM

Nov 2008
Well, at least she did not loose her legs. But still I feel sad for her, and now she left her "boyfriend" but something tells me that we will see more of her soon.

I wonder who that person behind the trinity is. And that last part in Antarctica, was that from the Union?

The next few episodes are going to be interesting.
Jun 16, 2010 5:04 PM
Feb 2010
Lockon: [at Setsuna] "You're an irredeemable Gundam-nut."
Setsuna: "Thank you. That is the highest praise."
[awkward silence follows]

LOL, loved the end of this episode. The battle was good too, though I really wanted to see Tieria smash up the two Trinities.

Oct 14, 2010 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
good episode.
revelations.revelations.revelations.
woot. tieria smiled!
"so this is humans after all?" :)

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Nov 29, 2010 6:43 PM

Nov 2010
Too bad the Trinities survived... Still, it was seeing Nadleeh and Setsuna kick some ass.
Jan 18, 2011 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode, was glad to see Setsuna show a little emotion there. I did however cry when Seji went back to Japan, even thought I never really cared that much about that couple they were cute together and I was hoping for a better resolution, he whole family was pretty much wiped out, she lost her hand and then he just leaves :(

Good episode, and I wonder what all those military people were going to see at the end.
Apr 22, 2011 10:43 AM

Sep 2009
Oh hell yes.
Now we can get Graham in a mobile suit befitting his skills.
Jul 9, 2011 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Inconclusive battle. Too bad Allelujah and Kyrios wasn't there to join in the action, but Nadleeh's power would've allowed them to prevail, if it wasn't for interference by that outsider. Good thing Setsuna and Lockon managed to settle their differences, but then again, it was highly unlikely for a main character to die this early, and by the hand of another main character on the same side. Meanwhile, mass-produced GN Drives? That's potentially game-changing already, even if they were just pseudo solar reactors.

Saji and Louise practically break up. This might be the last appearance for Louise, who has now lost nearly everything except her life. She even let go of Saji to allow him to move on. I admit, however, that I was disappointed that he left easily just like that, but then again, Saji has always been a weak willed character. Instead of becoming a Mobile Suit pilot, maybe Saji ends up developing an important, game-changing technology like that glasses girl did in Code Geass. On to next episode!
Oct 11, 2012 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
again, lol
Setsuna: "I'm a Gundam."
Why on earth he claims that he IS Gundam?!
Jan 6, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2009
kusushi said:
again, lol
Setsuna: "I'm a Gundam."
Why on earth he claims that he IS Gundam?!

Because for him Gundam is a symbol of erradication of war / peace. So by being someone who fights against war, Setstuna seems himself as Gundam(=someone/thing that brings peace)

That also explains why he said the Thrones were not Gundams, because basically there messing up everything CB stands for.
Apr 19, 2014 4:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I liked how Setsuna, Lockon and co finally are coming together as a team (which was sorely missing before). I really hope that they clean up the smug Trinity's later.

Are the 3 powers getting their own Gundams in Antartica? It kinda seems that way.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
Now this was a hell of an awesome episode. The fight at the beginning was amazing, the "break up" scene between Saji and Louise was tragic, and we were given a lot of backstory on Lockon and Setsuna.

But man, we're still missing so much too. How were the Gundam Meisters recruited? How did Allelujah become involved in the superhuman research institute? What convinced Setsuna to join the KPSA, much more kill his parents for it? It feels like the more I get answers, the more I'm left wondering.

In regards to Trinity, If I were to piece together the information given thus far, I'd say that Trinity wasn't actually part of the plan at all, but instead flunkies recruited by that Laguna guy to butt their noses in where they don't belong. I'm guessing someone affiliated with him was the one who discovered the wreckage in that flashback a couple or so episodes back, and of course he has the money to use the information gathered there to produce Gundams.

We're constantly riddled with a foggy backstory, and I'd like to see more clarity soon. I'm psyched to see how everything unfolds!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 1, 2015 3:57 PM
Apr 2012
What's the ost used before the ending of episode 19 [19:51~ 21:17] ?
-Shinso-Aug 1, 2015 4:01 PM
Jan 20, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
So this Veda computer was hacked afterall, but who is playing who here?
Mar 11, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
This the scifi future, don't they know losing an arm is no big deal?
Apr 11, 2016 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
Damn that was a good episode, nothing like some gundam on gundam action to spice it up.
May 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
Setsuna still wants to be a gundam. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 7:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sumeragi suggests that the Gundams fighting each other might even be part of the plan. Is Veda really that amazing, being able to plan this far? That would mean Veda intentionally let someone hack the system... HMMM. But it did seem like Setsuna, Tieria, and Lockon fighting together against the Trinity had brought them a bit closer together as a team. So maybe it really is part of the plan? :/

Nadleeh's power is amazing, I can see why they wouldn't want the enemy to know about this ability yet. Still surprising to see Tieria use it here, of all situations. Speaking of Tieria, I'm also inclined to think that he's a cyborg...even though I thought that's a bit weird for a Gundam series, lol. We'll see!

I really liked the confrontation scene between Lockon and Setsuna. It's understandable that Lockon would still want to shoot Setsuna, despite knowing that Setsuna was manipulated and being used a tool for the organization. I'm glad he deliberately missed his first shot. Had Setsuna said something that pissed Lockon off after that, Lockon might've actually shot Setsuna. I do like Setsuna's response to Lockon a lot, in that his goal is to eradicate war, but if he died there, Lockon could still do it in his place. It shows his sincerity in reaching that goal, as well as how he doesn't believe that he's innocent or should be forgiven for his actions in the past.

If I saw correctly, is the observer guy the one who hacked Veda? Forgot his name. When Nadleeh's ability was cut off, it showed a super close-up of the guy grinning. Also, Laguna is a name, and not an organization, unlike what I previously thought.
Jan 6, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2017
Man as much as I disliked that blonde girl what happened to her was very messed up. I hope those psycho siblings get what they deserve, especially Nena. It's like she was being as evil as possible just for the hell of it. What a piece of shit.

Good to see the Gundam meisters finally get along, the next few episodes should be good.
May 23, 2021 4:20 PM

Sep 2017
Saji and Louise breakup hit too close to home for me, I didn't need that shit right now GODDAMIT!
It was very stupid, Louise acted as if she was paralyzed from the waist down.
"I can no longer wear the ring"
Ummmmm yes you can! Your other hand you melodramatic moron!!!!
Feb 17, 2022 2:19 AM

Oct 2013
Soran Ibrahim... ovic.
Anyway, amazing episode. It seems like Alejandro and Ribbons are hiding things from both CB and that Seele-like organization we saw some time ago. That they don't know who the new Meisters are is the the biggest lie.
Jul 10, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2018
Superb episode for so many different reasons. i wonder what saji is going to do now...that was heart wrenching.
Jan 7, 3:08 AM

Jul 2017
Wonderful episode, saji and luise breakup was beautifully sad, as the confrontation between Lockon and setsuna.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Feb 26, 11:13 PM
Dec 2019
I understand the purpose of Saji and Louise but making them almost deliberately annoying makes me not care that much about their story. It would've been complicated to make them do anything that actually mattered while showing what Gundam combat would do to regular people but they're just so unbearably annoying.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM

» This has aged poorly or is it just me? New To G00 but not G series

BiobulletM - Jun 13, 2022

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.