Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 3, 2010 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
Holy smack. I'm confused..
Aug 23, 2010 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
WTH?

I thought Keiichi killed Satoko's uncle.

o.0
Sep 4, 2010 1:17 AM

Jul 2008
*_* I didnt understand anything at all

Sep 19, 2010 7:54 AM

Dec 2009
Trippy
Such junk...
Oct 15, 2010 9:58 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm things seem to be getting interesting

some things are starting to add up

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 15, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
MAYBE THERE ARE ZOMBIES WALKING AROUND!!! X'D lol wow and the whole thing with him at the festival. . .doesnt make seance. . .and i cant believe coach would do that... awe well hes not a bad guy... an o noes what happen to Takano??? she burnt up??? awe well... good epi and very confusing XD
Oct 22, 2010 9:49 PM

Sep 2010
Don't understand what just happened

And dammit I know Ooshi is just doing his job but I really wanted him to die

Nov 2, 2010 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
ukonkivi said:
Mindfuuuuuuuuuck!D:

Sometimes theres nothing better than a good mindfuck. In this case though I am so confused!!
Nov 11, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
Well that didn't make much sense. Either Keiichi is insane or Satako's uncle came back from the dead or there's some other unexplained reason.
Jan 30, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
:D what an awesome episode, this is my favorite episode and ark so far, but aren't there supposed to be 4eps per ark ?
Feb 18, 2011 5:31 AM

Dec 2010
This is getting so good...major mindfucks all round, but amazing storytelling. Besides, I like being somewhat confused :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 22, 2011 11:17 PM

Nov 2010
i think this is what happened,
remember keiichi hearing sounds like he's being followed, i think that was satoko
so satako knew that keiichi buried her uncle
>as most of the arcs, the arc protagonist usually kills keiichi so probably satoko will kill keiichi, which means, she killed SATOSHI(which explains why she said: "gomen nasai" so many times when the memory of his brother resurfaces), and probably satoko wont kill her brother w/o a reason, and the most probable reason would be, she knew that satoshi killed her aunt
>as for keiichi appearing on the festival, i have no idea why, but most probably it's oyashiro-sama tampering with the memories of those girls since as far as i've watched, oyashiro-sama kan make them think anything
May 26, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
Keiichi... it seems in every arc he has some kind of trouble containing his rage. Dx And in two of the three so far he's a raging bat-murderer. (murderer with a bat, that is....) >.< Plus now he's got the Watanagashi (sp?) crazies that everyone seems to come down with/have a little of.

More confusion. When Keiichi first got to class after he killed the uncle, and everyone was talking about how they'd seen him at the festival and such, I first was thinking it was some kind of plot to help him get an alibi, lol, or something. Sooo confused. Then things got stranger... I can't wait to find out what's really what, if the uncle died or not, and what the heck really happened on the night of the festival, at the festival and wherever Keiichi really was...

Also, regarding the events at the festival, and how they sounded exactly like the past year... If you recall, the events of the past year were the same as the first arc's events. It seems the general activities they do - winning prizes, stuffing their faces, etc. - are usually the same, with a bit of a twist (entering the forbidden storage shed, killing Satoko's uncle, etc.)... hmm. Gah, so much to chew on here!!! >o<

I hope this all makes sense in the end. But even if I'm at a loss when episode 26 wraps up, I'll still be glad to have watched such a riveting anime.
Just... some clarification would be nice. DDDx

P.S. Takano's death shocked me. It was rather sudden, and I really wanted to know what she had in her trunk, lol. Last episode I theorized that her trunk was "full" and the bike in her backseat looked like Tomitake's because she'd killed him and stuffed him in her trunk. x__x I dunno, just a wild thought that came to me. Helps that Takano seems so creepy. But hmm.
suicune141May 26, 2011 6:24 PM
May 26, 2011 4:57 PM

Jan 2008
suicune141 said:
I hope this all makes sense in the end. But even if I'm at a loss when episode 26 wraps up, I'll still be glad to have watched such a riveting anime.
Just... some clarification would be nice. DDDx

If you're still lost at the end, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai explains a lot of the questions that were left unanswered in this series.
May 26, 2011 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
memorieswithin said:

If you're still lost at the end, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai explains a lot of the questions that were left unanswered in this series.

Ah, thanks~ I'd heard similar things about ni Kai, glad to know that it does in fact clear the air. I'll probably end up watching it, heh. And maybe rewatching the original series...
suicune141May 26, 2011 6:23 PM
Jun 5, 2011 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
I am somewhat confused.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 14, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
The first time I watched this episode, I thought I understood what happened.
The second time I watched it, I figured out "Oh hey, I'm right"
The third time I watched it, I was really, really, really frustrated with how dense Keiichi was.
Re-watch/rant/spoilers for arc:

@suicune141 You have no idea how much I want to reply... But it would end up with nothing but spoilers Y.Y

I'll just say somewhere in there, you hit at least one bullseye.
Zfish9Jun 14, 2011 4:29 PM
Jul 6, 2011 12:55 AM
Jul 2010
I don't know what the hell happened here! I mean, seriously, Keiichi wasn't delusional and the bat pretty much proves it but... why wasn't the body there?
Sep 5, 2011 11:29 AM

Jul 2011
well if oyashiro can really take the appearance of any character, it's possible that to cover Keichi's tracks he took the form of him and went to the festival as Keichi (maybe oyashiro was satisfied with Keichis killing, it being a sacrafice to him). Then since takano found out about Keichi Oyashiro burnt her (for the second time this series). Oyashiro also made satako's uncle disappear (and Satako is just imagining him there).

Or you can replace Oyashiro with Mion. Mion could have told everyone to pretend like Keichi was there, maybe as some sort of practical joke or something. Mion could have been stalking Keichi (who knows what time Keichi met up with takano) and felt threatened by her suspicion and burnt her after properly disposing of the body ( I don't get why Keichi didn't throw the body in the swamp to begin with).

Just a few guesses but they're probably way off lol, but I will find out soon enough.
Sep 29, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2011
What? I thought this all happened before the festival (the killing of the uncle) not during. So that means that the scene we saw of the festival wasn't him then? Maybe it was Satoshi? Or maybe the one that tried to kill that uncle was Satoshi. This is getting really complicated.
Oct 31, 2011 6:48 PM

May 2010
It's possible that the doppelganger that's been running around is Satoshi, even though they look different. Still doesn't explain how the corpse disappeared. O.o
Dec 20, 2011 12:18 PM

Jun 2010
maybe some stray dog dig the corpse(eat it).....then buried back the place 0___0
Jan 12, 2012 7:18 PM

Dec 2009
ukonkivi said:
Mindfuuuuuuuuuck!D:

I was just going to say this lol
Jan 12, 2012 7:25 PM
Dec 2007
I have to laugh at this oh so bard, because the simplest of answers is actually the correct one in most cases.

Apr 24, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2012
No dead body that was supposed to be dead with in the first place? Keiichi was at the festival but he was killing someone at the same night?

Just another piece of the puzzle...
Jun 27, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
I feel really bad for Keiichi... He went crazy like in the first arc. I think he was imagining the murder and the things that proved it.
Jul 19, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2012
Genix said:
I'm screwed.... wtf heppened? This is so confusing xD
Either it's a huge cover-up, or poor Keiichi went mad. Then again, I can be wrong :P
And a 5 episode-arc! I thought they would all last last 4 episodes. Now that you mention it, there's 26 episodes in this anime. :S

Yeah, I noticed that too! xD
Sep 11, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
I'm pretty sure he killed the uncle, and Rena with Mion got the corpse since they planned to go "Treasure hunting".
Nov 15, 2012 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
This is too damn confusing..But I'm gonna watch it till the end to understand how the hell is this happening
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 8:33 AM
Jan 2012
Piroko said:
pime taradox! , is what I think. :P

This

And Oishi was annoying as hell in this episode -___-
Jan 20, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2012
It makes me sad seeing Oishi being such a douche, lol.
Feb 5, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
HJhbjdthbjr. Me Confused @_@
Apr 3, 2013 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
ok here is what i think-
1. they are dieing when he curses them so O-san will die next
2. the hole they dug up is the first hole he dug that he could not find
3. the girls know what happened and are covering for him
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Apr 18, 2013 11:56 AM
Aug 2011
What a bullshit -_-.
Apr 20, 2013 11:16 PM

Sep 2009
WTF? This is very confusing O.O
Jul 23, 2013 12:00 AM

Feb 2011
Keiichi has lost it...

Dafuq I just saw, what is happening. Is Keiichi a ghost, or are the producers just mindfucking us?
Aug 10, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2013
The girls acted like Keiichi was there during the festival.
Satoko acted like her uncle was still alive.
And in the end, they couldn't find the corpse.
What. The. Fuck.

Keiichi, on the other hand, is still stupid. But this time, he's being driven to insanity.

And what's up with Takano?

Oh cool, this arc has a fifth episode.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 13, 2013 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
Keiichi has to be the stupidest "smart-guy" in anime history.
Oct 29, 2013 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
So... The corpse is gone? Which means someone must have known about Keichi killing the uncle and burying him. But who? The girls and the doctor perhaps since they all "knew" that he had been to the festival..
Nov 16, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
Keiichi broke and went full-retard. Never go full-retard!
When the girls are saying they had fun with you yesterday at the festival you ride that wave and make it your alibi.
Nov 26, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2012
They made Keichi a bloody idiot. Can no one see? The townsmen were covering for him because they wanted to help the abused girl, therefore they were providing Keichi an alibi so that he won't be caught. Rena told him to get a receipt from the Clinic so that anything stupid he does that day wouldn't reveal him to be a murderer. And they moved the body because Keichi was a bloody idiot for burying it. He should've just left the body out in the open. Curvy road, rainy weather, the guy would definitely be considered to have missed his footing and died.

After watching Sherlock for three episodes straight, I'm starting to fume hate at the stupid actions they made Keichi do in this episode. A genius in conventional things? Don't make me laugh. Keichi is a idiot and has been a bloody idiot for the whole anime up till this point, but I guess if they made him any smarter, the plot would've been boring, now wouldn't it?

It makes me sad to think this episode could've fooled anyone. Definitely rating this one a 1 out of 5, a pity there's no 0
Nov 26, 2013 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
imjustjk said:
And they moved the body because Keichi was a bloody idiot for burying it. He should've just left the body out in the open. Curvy road, rainy weather, the guy would definitely be considered to have missed his footing and died.

There's a difference between having your face beaten in with a bat and you crashing and falling down a hill.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 29, 2013 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
I really hate Oiishi...and did Keichi just wake up in bizarro world?! What the hell?
Jan 4, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
Other arcs leaking into this one?
Jan 16, 2014 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit. This anime is so twisted. I'm really hyped about where it will lead.

I think it's now obvious who was at the festival. Sakoto brother must look like Keiichi and everyone though that it was Keiichi. Or maybe they do that to make him admit his lies, I'm not sure.

I was not sure, but I checked back at the episode 4 at the very end and the coach/doctor is the same guy was in front of Keiichi home the night he killed Rena and Mion. I don't know what it mean, but he's surely highly implicated in all that is happening with the curse. He may even be the mastermind.

Oishi was so ruthless, I'm really starting to hate him. Also, how did he know exactly where Keiichi was? He had a very sarcastic tone, like he knew something.

Now there's that mystery about Sakoto uncle. What really happened the night of the murder and why does Tanako keep dying. Why she didn't want him to say that they saw each other? It must have an important meaning. There's too much missing clue for now to understand what's going on.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2014 12:27 AM
May 2013
Keiichi was stupid , he should made use of the Doppelganger , instead he says he is killed Satoko's uncle and everything .
I hate Oishi now .
Apr 18, 2014 8:46 AM

Jun 2011
Keiichi just broke himself. ~.~

Edit: and he was annoying with his curses.
ToG25thBaamApr 18, 2014 8:59 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 12:31 PM
Feb 2013
Why is this show so confusing, WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?! Did the uncle die or not, was Keiichi at the festival or not, is the photographer died or missing, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS ARC?!?!?!?!?
Apr 25, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
This show really is confusing. Keiichi is so damn stupid, I had to shout out at him, watching how he clearly gave everything away while talking to Satoko at school.
Maybe Oyashiro-sama saw his incompetence at killing, so that he reverted the murder magically to let the girl assassins Rena or Mion/Shion handle the situation.

I like this show, but rarely I hated the protagonist so much. Haven't watched School Days yet, though. I don't even care, if he gets killed everytime, guess Rena and Mion and whoever is going to kill Keiichi next time are actually the good guys here
Apr 30, 2014 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
x-gummybear-x said:
DarkShines said:
He probably rose from his grave Q_Q

i agree with piroko
it has something to do with time
the things they thought he did at the festival happened in the previous arc if you all remember
:|
so that just screws up my understanding of this plot:|
gar, takano-san is suspicious cuz when she talked to him the night before she was all 'we never met' and etc....and next day bam it was like that.
everything tht happened in the other arc happened heree:S except...in the other arc oishhi called keiichi and then they talked and such....wah this is all confusing

4 episodes done does this mean new arc? I barely understood this one:(

I agree with you, I think this explains everything!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 14, 2008

147 by CutieAnshin »»
May 11, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.