Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
Intense. I love Kurokami no Onna.
Mar 6, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2010
So wait, I don't get how did the brother died in first place? I know it doesn't really matter because that's not the point but I'm wondering if I'm missing any pieces of the puzzle.

Anyway, great episode, they truly nailed it. The ending was very very powerful, no less from Madhouse.
Mar 6, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

You know, it was very unclear.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Mar 6, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
L3XJam3s said:
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Bleed to death while being unconscious which caused by significant blood loss, under high stress and unbearable pain probably, or death by the plot.
raveninthemuddleMar 6, 2015 6:24 PM
Mar 6, 2015 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
L3XJam3s said:
HappyGirl said:

Be the leaf and leave.
Mar 6, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
GreenBenjamin said:
You know. The detectives logic was pretty bad.

He went insane after killing his wife's murderer. No need to apply logic.

+1

What people fail to understand when people's actions are the result of a mental trauma. There are individuals who literally have a mental collapse and do not recover (ie become depressed and functionless or twisted yet functional). So I think this is probably the better responses I've read in this thread. Seriously.

The same can be said for Shimada loosing himself given how much he has sacrificed to "protect" the one person he cares most about and not only did he fail in life, he is now dead and can't do anything about it as her brother. For his character, that is a complete breaking point and it's as we saw both in life and in death.

L3XJam3s said:
HappyGirl said:

No. He was clearly stabbed by the rapist. They just didn't focus on his death but he probably died from his stab wound shortly after stabbing the detective.
IZEROIIMar 6, 2015 6:41 PM
Mar 6, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2015
I gotta admit I really loved Tatsumi's character, a lot. Given his job, how dedicated he was, the things he's seen, and the tragedy that befalls his wife, it really makes a lot of sense why he became what he became. I can't even necessarily call him a bad person, but more so disturbed. While he doesn't do anything to stop the acts of violence, he does "punish" the one who did the deed.

He would make an awesome antagonist, and/or deuteragonist.
Mar 6, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
my chest hurts after watching this.
Mar 6, 2015 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
Decim actually showed emotion, he was confused an in pain omfg (what I got from the preview is he finally going to be able to pass judgement on Onna?? )

Mar 6, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2014
Such an intense episode! Can't wait to see the repercussions of this affecting Decim and everyone else. Ahhhh~
Mar 6, 2015 6:56 PM
Jan 2015
I'm still confused as to who was sent where since they didn't show who went into each elevator. I'm hoping the kid was sent to be reincarnated and the detective to the void.
Mar 6, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2015
IZEROII said:
bastek66 said:

He went insane after killing his wife's murderer. No need to apply logic.

+1

What people fail to understand when people's actions are the result of a mental trauma. There are individuals who literally have a mental collapse and do not recover (ie become depressed and functionless or twisted yet functional). So I think this is probably the better responses I've read in this thread. Seriously.

The same can be said for Shimada loosing himself given how much he has sacrificed to "protect" the one person he cares most about and not only did he fail in life, he is now dead and can't do anything about it as her brother. For his character, that is a complete breaking point and it's as we saw both in life and in death.

Actually, logic can be applied.

Tatsumi was a proud detective, and very proud in the skills he gains as he continued his career. He was also very dedicated to his job; almost obsessively so. Finally, we know his a very important part of his job is to protect innocents, and it's safe to assume a big motivation for him was also to make their city safe for his loving wife. As a detective, he's seen countless horrific acts of violence, done by horrible, and/or disturbed, people. Still he did his job as a detective, solving cases, and getting this deviants arrested. Despite the constant struggle, he likely feels he's making some kind of difference.

Then he comes home one night to see his wife's dead body. she was murdered.

What had he done wrong? He does his job the best he possibly can. He stops the bad guys, right? So why take his wife away from him? What had either of them done to deserve this?

Nothing. As Tatsumi, and a lot of us know, the world can just as easily be as, or even more so, cruel, as it can be giving, and it can be so at the drop of a hat.

Tatsumi's world view is shattered. His morals, and values, don't mean shit anymore. The only way for him to cope with the stress, and pain, is to change himself into what he feels will not only better prepare him for this cruel world he finds himself in, but also to keep him from feeling what he felt before, thus he becomes "dispassionate", and he can suddenly her his wife's "gratitude".
Mar 6, 2015 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
I still find that hard to judge. One can say he loved his sister so much he would do anything to protect her but even that wish can be tainted as we saw.

Seems like this whole judgement process for arbiters is just a manipulation technique as we see Decim gladly giving the boy the knife and seeing if they can stop the temptation.
Mar 6, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
AKABoy123 said:
I'm still confused as to who was sent where since they didn't show who went into each elevator. I'm hoping the kid was sent to be reincarnated and the detective to the void.
We only saw hell so its pretty obvious they both went to hell. Remember the lady tried to stop the boy because if he struck with the knife to inflict pain on the guy he would be sent to the void.
Mar 6, 2015 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
ah shit! this episode was so intense! damn! goosebump! that endddding! 100/10
Mar 6, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
I swear I was watching Death Parade, not Fullmetal Alchemist.
Mar 6, 2015 7:21 PM

Jan 2015
Consequent said:

What in this episode reminded you of FMA?

The themes in this ep of Death Parade aren't those of FMA.
Mar 6, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my god, what is with anime this week. First Parasyte, then Tokyo Ghoul, and now Death Parade... Every episode this week is so fucking good! That ending! I would have made the same fucking decision. Is murder ever justified? Adjust to the world if you can't change it doesn't mean be as evil as all the evil people you hate. Past the credits I have to say, I had some tears falling down my cheeks.
Mar 6, 2015 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
That entire episode was intense from start to finish! The moment the knife smashed through the stack of disks was like OMG
Mar 6, 2015 7:30 PM

Oct 2010
And this women once again proved to be an incompetent dead weight. In a case where an absolute arbitration is needed, the only reasonable method is to look on objectively without involvement in subjective emotions or circumstances. Judgment can never be passed if it's a matter of one's feeling versus another. If Decim chooses to base his decision on the inherent amount of darkness dwelling within peoples' souls, he's in full right to do so.

Besides, what part of that arbitration she perpetrated was even fair? The fact that despite being a neutral "assistant", she ran her mouth off about Decim, and then directly interfered with the process by clinging to the guy pleading for him to stop? Or maybe it was "fitting" in a fair arbitration for her to spill the beans as to where they are and how they were going to be judged? Is it fair for someone on the side of arbitration to show overwhelming favoritism for one's side as she didn't like the other guy?

Incomprehensible. Even if she had saved the kid from the void through her direct involvement and had him reincarnated, the very fact that he had this inherent capacity for darkness would not likely absolve him from any possible infringements of similar situations in the future. Would anyone feel like it's right to reincarnate someone who demands action from others, and be willing to stab them to death at their refusal and slight provocation? Nonsense.
Mar 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
This ended up being a pretty awesome attack on the system being used to determine the fate of souls. The whole "drive people towards animalistic instincts via manipulating factors" is a crappy way of determining good from evil. This is less about finding out whose really bad so much as it is entrapping folks through deceit, then sending them into the void. These arbiters are emotional vampires I tell ya.
Mar 6, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
Holy Shit.....

That was such an intense episode :O

This anime is sooo good 10/10

Mar 6, 2015 8:06 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, now that's what I call an intense episode, holy crap ._. Really amazing episode, and omg that ending, idk what to say, I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen...10/10, 100/100 for this.
Mar 6, 2015 8:07 PM
May 2014
HowTragic said:
The fact that despite being a neutral "assistant", she ran her mouth off about Decim, and then directly interfered with the process by clinging to the guy pleading for him to stop? Or maybe it was "fitting" in a fair arbitration for her to spill the beans as to where they are and how they were going to be judged? Is it fair for someone on the side of arbitration to show overwhelming favoritism for one's side as she didn't like the other guy?

I don't think that is a fact.
If I remember correctly then she haven't been told to be neutral, and she probably isn't expected to be.
She's supposed to be a human, with all its flaws and so on.

I don't remember her revealing it before they already knew it themselves.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 6, 2015 8:15 PM

Dec 2010
Melodramatic as fuck but still sad.
Mar 6, 2015 8:23 PM

Oct 2014
Pknoctis said:
Melodramatic as fuck but still sad.

How is it melodramatic?I believe that the episode depicted just the right amount of emotion and intensity to make viewers reel back. Overall, the rating I give is priceless. This episode was just too good. Only a few animes are able to depict TRUE human emotion, this anime being one of them. This episode... best episode of 2015 so far. I'm calling it, best winter anime of 2015!
Mar 6, 2015 8:26 PM

May 2014
I fucking cried. THIS EPISODE IS TOO REAL. TOO REAL.
Mar 6, 2015 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Consequent said:

What in this episode reminded you of FMA?

The themes in this ep of Death Parade aren't those of FMA.

"If one wishes to obtain something, sacrifices must be made." That is the basis of Equivalent Exchange.
Mar 6, 2015 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
This is probably the best episode of the entire series.
Mar 6, 2015 8:51 PM

May 2014
Best episode so far. The animation seemed like it was notched up a bit, especially during the game. The story between these 2 episodes was also amazingly done.

Really looking forward to the last 3 episodes of this.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 6, 2015 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the direction in went in. Rare to see.
Mar 6, 2015 9:05 PM
Jan 2013
ugh, I can't wait for the soundtrack to come out. Anybody know if a date was announced?
Also very good episode, I didn't think it would pull me in that much towards the end.
Mar 6, 2015 9:10 PM
Nov 2010
Well, well...This episode is absolutely crazy o_o I have no words for it (in a good way, though).
Mar 6, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2013
One of the most intense episodes I have ever seen from any anime ever.

Words cannot fathom how much I loved this episode!!!

Dat ending just took my breath away.
Mar 6, 2015 9:29 PM

Apr 2012
Daaaaaaaaaaaaang! Hea-vy.

This was the first time Decim ever actually let one of them attack the other post-game. Usually, when he strings someone up with his wires to keep them from going at the other one, it's because there's no need for it, but this time he decided to take it a step further.

Loved Onna's interference this time around, and taking a crack at Decim's entire purpose for existing was perfect, especially with that reaction he gave, just completely stunned.

Cannot wait for the next one.
Mar 6, 2015 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
P.S. Crap dang it that poll is impressive! I have never seen an MAL poll that veered toward one response.

Almost 90% giving this episode a 5/5.

This episode truly hit the gold.
Mar 6, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
Wow this episode was really dark, not that I really expected anything else. It was really good in my opinion though, and seeing how Decim acted after what Onna said was really interesting. Curious to see how the next episode's gonna go.
Mar 6, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2007
I guess I missed it but
Mar 6, 2015 9:51 PM
Nov 2010
VampireHunterD said:
I guess I missed it but

Mar 6, 2015 10:01 PM

Oct 2014
Hmmm... Alright. I learned my lesson. Watching these latest two episodes of Death Parade just after watching Aria: The Animation is a very friggin' bad decision. It vaporizes all the happiness and positiveness I just got. And My intense-o-meter just got broke. Again.

As for the episode(s), damn. I just don't know what to feel; it mixed between fear, shock, sadness, and mindfuckness. I really hope that Shimada got reincarnated, but holy cow, it seemed both of them go the the void, eh? But IMO, in a sense, I think it's easier to sympathize with Shimada than to Tatsumi. But... Tatsumi got his wife killed, so I think it's enough to make any man conclude their own twisted justice... Oh, crap. this is intense.

Indeed the best 2 episodes of Death Parade. 5/5. Can't wait what will MadHouse present to us next week ^^

Add note: It's quite cool to see how MadHouse can pull a nonsensical episode like the one in Ginti's bar, but then pull a super intense episode like these two.

Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.

LPGeneratorx said:

Really looking forward to the last 3 episodes of this.

Now that you remind me... This show is about to end, eh?
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Mar 6, 2015 10:09 PM

Dec 2013
eplipswich said:
VampireHunterD said:
I guess I missed it but

Would've been immediately after the detective died.
Mar 6, 2015 10:19 PM

Aug 2008
Freaking brilliant episodes. Very intense.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 6, 2015 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
oh my god, this episode was intense as fuck. so good.
i suppose both of them were sent to the void?
Mar 6, 2015 10:42 PM

Dec 2013
silverwalls said:
oh my god, this episode was intense as fuck. so good.
i suppose both of them were sent to the void?
Yea. That was pretty clear from the mask thing.
Mar 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Nov 2014
this episode must have been the greatest i've seen so far. the ending tho :v
Mar 6, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2011
Hahaha, pretty good episode. Human fragility and wickedness at its peak. XD

Assistant girl made it kind of excessively melodramatic though. :>
Mar 6, 2015 10:56 PM
Jul 2013
BEST EPISODE THUS FAR! I'm glad Decim was compared to the detective, it was pretty solid. That detective though was a real dick. I mean obviously the guy was assaulting the girl, he was just being a perv tbh.
Mar 6, 2015 11:01 PM
Mar 2012
Most intense episode yet, the ending was a masterpiece. Decim's shock and inevitable character change is definitely something to look forward to in the future.

Shimada's last words beautifully portray the transition from human compassion to inhuman insanity.
[spoiler]

Mar 6, 2015 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
the detective guy did nothing wrong and because the boy went insane and killed him again he will be the one who reincarnate

bless the detective guy ;-;
Mar 6, 2015 11:04 PM

Dec 2013
Sunaryt said:
the detective guy did nothing wrong and because the boy went insane and killed him again he will be the one who reincarnate

bless the detective guy ;-;
Tatsumi FTW
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.