Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well dang, that is a tragic past..

I also feel like Amon and Akira are growing closer even more now. And this episode also features more Touka. Also, it's about time they got started on this operation with raid after all the buildup. Action was alright especially with the raid movements in the second half. Some really noticeable ghouls as well....

Stark700Mar 5, 2015 8:19 AM
Mar 5, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit this episode was fucking good and we got the "Woof Woof" scene too <3. Better than the manga and I didn't expect that twist with the Touka scene though. That Kaneki and Tsukiyama was both funny and sad. I couldn't help pity Tsukiyama lol. Although the rooftop scene might seem awkward to anime only watchers.

I feel your pain Tsukiyama.
TachiiMar 7, 2015 5:06 PM
Mar 5, 2015 7:40 AM

Dec 2013
omfgg touka going to anteiku. ishida STOPPPPPP

fuck....this arc is going to be depressing.

Mar 5, 2015 8:20 AM

May 2014
Go Arima !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
What was the point of that Tsukiyama scene when they didn't even talk these 9 episodes? lol *smh*. Touka going to Anteiku? :O
Black Dog and Devil Ape! Well done!

Amon, I facepalmed so hard when I read the manga and I again facepalmed. TWICE! Noob!

Next episode will be... good(?)!
Mar 5, 2015 8:36 AM

May 2014
Epic episode. No shit. I am the only one who has a feeling that anime ending is going to be darker even than manga's?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
Tsukiyama and Kaneki have had ZERO interaction with each other this entire time, have had zero character development TOGETHER, and you want to try to pull the heartwrenching rooftop scene? Nuh-uh. It doesn’t even add up! I haven’t been THIS upset with an anime since Air - and that was a crappy anime.
Mar 5, 2015 8:40 AM

Aug 2010
Dat White hair Arima S2 Debut :3

Loved the scene when Suzuya threw his testamentary as a paper plane.

Damn the scene when Ken and Touka realized Anteiku is getting raided was intense!

Devil Ape and Black Dober showing they're friggin BOSS!!!

And Dat Yoshimura! Hype!!

Shu's scene with Kaneki was awesome XD Crying his eyes out lol...Kaneki's just on another level from him now :P It doesn't have as much impact as the manga since they haven't interacted since 4ever D:

Wait wha-....Since when did Touka go to Anteiku? That didn't happen in the manga right O_o??
Mar 5, 2015 8:41 AM

Sep 2014
So attack started..wondering who will win
Mar 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
Well the tsukiyama scene can still be taken as him being obsessive but it didn't even need to be there imo.
Mar 5, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
Sparteh said:
Epic episode. No shit. I am the only one who has a feeling that anime ending is going to be darker even than manga's?

If Touka replaces Hide at the Antieku raid, I’m done.

Nov 2014
It makes sense for Tsukiyama to flip his shit like he always does, but I agree the scene was pretty forced and awkward lol.

Jan 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Tsukiyama and Kaneki have had ZERO interaction with each other this entire time, have had zero character development TOGETHER, and you want to try to pull the heartwrenching rooftop scene? Nuh-uh. It doesn’t even add up! I haven’t been THIS upset with an anime since Air - and that was a crappy anime.
I'm glad that it's got nothing to do with the story from here on. I'll just forget it happened this ep.
Mar 5, 2015 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
Well the tsukiyama scene can still be taken as him being obsessive but it didn't even need to be there imo.

Pierrot probably left that scene there as a comedic relief. But I swear the studio made that scene even dumber than the manga on purpose because it was hilarious yet still awkward.
Z4KMar 5, 2015 8:49 AM
Mar 5, 2015 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
good episode. It gave me feeling of Amon being gay.
Mar 5, 2015 8:47 AM
Oct 2014
If the whole Shuu/Kaneki development wouldn't have been left out, the rooftop scene would have been tragic and everything but it was just awkward u.u
Mar 5, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.
Amon cockblocking himself again.
White hair Arima best Arima :D
Demon Ape and Doge are not all talk as most of Anteiku thought they are.
Yoshimura and his quotes are amasing as always.

I hope that Touka doesn't try anything 'smart'.
Credits on amazing ending art as always.
Mar 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
chingira said:
If the whole Shuu/Kaneki development wouldn't have been left out, the rooftop scene would have been tragic and everything but it was just awkward u.u

This!In the manga, one of the reasons the scene is so gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking (especially with its epilogue followup) is because you can literally feel the months of closeness between them. Shu and Ken have been at the very least cordially coexisting for MONTHS. They’ve trained together. They’ve shopped together. They’ve fought together. They shared books. Shu tried to cheer Ken up when he was sunk in a depression. And Ken still chooses to fight rather than stay with Shu.
Mar 5, 2015 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
What's funny is how kaneki look tired of Tsukiyama's shit.
Mar 5, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Sparteh said:

I think I should probably put it in spoilers
Mar 5, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
Oh the devil ape and the black dobe introduction was pretty good, i guess some ppl never tought Koma was a badass.
Mar 5, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2014
Sparteh said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Edit - forgot spoiler tag like a hypocrite
Kvothe51Mar 5, 2015 9:22 AM
Mar 5, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2014
Kvothe51 said:
Sparteh said:

Doubt this will happen since Hide has been a recurring character and it would leave us without a proper conclusion for his character. But who knows, they could fuck up.

I think we should keep this discussion out of this thread. I would hate to spoil the story for those who haven't read manga.
But this little change makes things that much more interesting
Mar 5, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Yeah better if we keep that in spoilers or discuss it in the other thread.
Mar 5, 2015 9:12 AM
May 2014
past 2 episodes have really caught my interest. 5/10, then 6/10, now 7/10
Mar 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
Is that
in the ED scenes?
Mar 5, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Is that
in the ED scenes?

Oh I see what you mean. No that's amon. The cross is on his neck.
Mar 5, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
great episode.
Mar 5, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was really well directed and the art looked really good. Although the Shuu Ken scene was awkward, I really did not mind it. The scene was probably trying to show that Shuu was always spying on Kaneki and finally when they meet, it's when Kaneki is jumping into the suicide battle, but it was more heartbreaking in the manga but what interests me the most is Touka.

Anyway 4/5 this episode. Finally we see Kaneki talking and also showing some of his true intentions from within. The buildup was amazing.

Morita please direct the last 3 episodes.
Mar 5, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2014
The scene with the paper plane was truly beautiful, the soundtrack was topnotch as well.
BalphagoreMar 5, 2015 9:34 AM
Mar 5, 2015 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
can someone please tell me whats going through the anteiku fighters minds? " we need to be punished cause we did so much sins, but lets go kill anyways" i thought they were supposed to be turned into good people but guess they werent?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 5, 2015 9:42 AM

Sep 2014
So Touka is going to Anteiku...
Mar 5, 2015 9:45 AM

May 2012
animeranker98 said:
The scene was probably trying to show that Shuu was always spying on Kaneki and finally when they meet, it's when Kaneki is jumping into the suicide battle, but it was more heartbreaking in the manga

Yeah, I was disappointed in the scene. Felt sorta unnecessary in the anime compared to the manga, but I guess it was trying to still give closure to all the relationships like how the manga did. But yeah, Shuu seemed like nothing but a pure creep in the anime compared to his manga counterpart, so this scene was just sorta awkward to watch. The scene with Takizawa or any of the other CCG weren't anywhere close as powerful either.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode and wanna see this ending.

Mar 5, 2015 9:48 AM
Apr 2014
abyss333 said:
can someone please tell me whats going through the anteiku fighters minds? " we need to be punished cause we did so much sins, but lets go kill anyways" i thought they were supposed to be turned into good people but guess they werent?

Dude there fuckin surrounded by a shitload of CCG investigators. Do you think they should just sit there and let the CCG turn them into Quinques. Hell no, they are gonna fight trying to protect Anteiku even if it's hopeless. Plus it's not about a side being good but that both (Human/Ghouls) have a grey side. It's not supposed to be black and white.
Mar 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
Bakuzan said:
Anime-only viewer...and this is shit. Hopefully when I read it later this year I'll understand the hype.

Honestly, speaking if I was an anime-only watcher, I wouldn't call it shit nor would I call it a masterpiece. But in the end it's your opinion.
Mar 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
TheDeceiv3R said:
So Touka is going to Anteiku...

If that's the case then
Mar 5, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
chingira said:
Mar 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Nice episode, I can't wait for the next one.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Oh my this episode. Rather intense.

Touka going to Anteiku? Plss no ;-;

So excited for the other parts to happen!

Mar 5, 2015 10:23 AM

Nov 2014
MattZz said:
Oh my this episode. Rather intense.

Touka going to Anteiku? Plss yes :D

So excited for the other parts to happen!

FTFY
Mar 5, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2012
god damn that cliff hanger, good to see touka gettin some screen time, and dat shu x kaneki moment :p
Mar 5, 2015 10:26 AM

Dec 2010
YOOOOOOOO THIS EPISODE

It was pretty fucking good. Best episode yet.

I didn't know those two workers at Anteiku were so fucking badass. Especially the Black Dober WHOAAAA.

It's a bit dumb they would announce where they're attacking on the news ..................... but except for that, really good episode.

Really liked the almost-kiss between Akira and the other guy.
And the end, when Tsukiyama tried to stop Kaneki... I think he's really in love tbh ahaha.

Next episode gonna be so intense.
Mar 5, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Powerful episode. Now the fight is going to start. I feel really sorry for the peaceful ghouls, I mean, they're human too and have a right to live.
And Yoshimura has to fight them all by himself..
Tsukiyama was the usual psycho, I almost started to laugh when I saw him llying on the ground.

Mar 5, 2015 10:29 AM
Nov 2014
This episode was so good, and the next one will be better. Kaneki joining the fight and Touka going to Anteiku again. Can't wait foe next Thursday :D
Mar 5, 2015 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
Oh my. This episode was brilliant. Can't fucking wait for Kaneki to fight, but I do wonder how they're going to end it x)...
Mar 5, 2015 10:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now we know that Pierrot saved all of their budget for these last few episodes lol. The art/animation and music were great

Really liked the build up in the first half of the episode for the CCG, especially the scene with Amon and Akira (Damn you Amon for not kissing her)

The fights were awesome.....Devil Ape and Black Dog + their gangs were going in hard, and let me not get started on Yoshimura....My goodness the carnage they're causing is brutal

I was surprised to see that they kept the scene with Kaneki, Nishiki and Tsukiyama as well, but I'm glad that we got it nonetheless....Also I guess this means that since Touka left I guess that maybe she is the girl that Kaneki is holding in the promo pic :(

Overall good episode and the next one is gonna be HYPE when Kaneki shows up
Mar 5, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
The scene between Kaneki and Tsukiyama was sad and it made me pity him again..though due to the lack of interaction between them in this season, it seems like he is obsessed over him only as a precious meal whereas in the manga it was apparent that he had friendly feelings for Kaneki too.

Touka had some screentime and her running away to help was unexpected :O I liked the fact that she expressed her emotions.
Overall great episode and build up. It had a normal pace which made it even better. I really can't wait for the next episode and of course the changes that will be made.
Mar 5, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2013
AquaWateria said:
abyss333 said:

Dude there fuckin surrounded by a shitload of CCG investigators. Do you think they should just sit there and let the CCG turn them into Quinques. Hell no, they are gonna fight trying to protect Anteiku even if it's hopeless. Plus it's not about a side being good but that both (Human/Ghouls) have a grey side. It's not supposed to be black and white.

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand this, either. They could have fled if they knew of the impending attack. The CCG didn't seem to know that the Apes and Dobermans were associated with Anteiku, and I'm not sure they were certain about Yoshimura, either (although they would have been, if he had fled).
Mar 5, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
^even if they escape, they are just delaying the inevitable, the ccg will keep finding them so they decided to stand and fight.

Black Dober "Go and die for me, all of you" :O damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The end art deserves to go into an museum :'( so good :'(

Tokoya said:
Now we know that Pierrot saved all of their budget for these last few episodes lol. The art/animation and music were great

Save the best for last XD
Mar 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Dec 2010
Razi_N said:
AquaWateria said:

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand this, either. They could have fled if they knew of the impending attack. The CCG didn't seem to know that the Apes and Dobermans were associated with Anteiku, and I'm not sure they were certain about Yoshimura, either (although they would have been, if he had fled).
Eh I think it's about defending their home/turf. Anteiku is their home, they're gonna down with the ship I suppose.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

35 by _fumetsu »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.