Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 2, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
NOW that's a good episode.

This is exactly the kind of thing I expected from this anime, thank God they delivered.
MuoMar 2, 2015 6:50 PM
Mar 2, 2015 8:41 PM

Apr 2014
Wow cant wait for next episode. Those previews:o
---------My Profile------------
Mar 2, 2015 9:58 PM
Jul 2012
Oh boy. Looks like the feel train is coming. And it's color is as dark as this episode.

My guess. Judging the episode. Both of them will be reincarnated. However since murder is involve, the next episode will be interesting because their world is different and does relate to few religions (Buddhism and Shinto religion judging by the design of the place). I want to see how they are gonna cope that concept. After all this is Decim's first time judging a pair that involves murder.

Which makes us all realized for the last 5 years of him being a arbiter. He was judging people who died either through accidents, suicides, and natural cause. That is kinda WOAH. Nona is really testing the waters on this one.

Mich666 said:

It's weird they are reusing organ-targetting thing again though. It feels like they are running out of ideas.

It's not exactly weird. That is how they do things. They inflect pain through fear so that they could see the darkness of the people who died until they have reach the end of the game. It was explained from the earlier episodes.
Mar 3, 2015 1:05 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder how they both wound up dead in their revenge killings

Mar 3, 2015 1:15 AM

Sep 2014
A very interesting and dark episode. I honestly love the dark turn this show seems to be taking.
It was surprising to find out the detective has killed as well. I suspect that both are intertwined in some way. I'm still curious as to how they died.
I seem to remember mentioning this before but damn does this show give off some powerful existential vibes. I always need time to ponder each episode after watching it.
Also the ending song is really good! I'm sooo pumped for the next episode!
Platinum-PalaceMar 3, 2015 1:20 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Mar 3, 2015 2:49 AM

Sep 2012
Damn it, I finally caught up with the show and the episode ends in a cliffhanger.

*sigh*
Mar 3, 2015 3:19 AM

Dec 2013
NastyNecros said:
Damn it, I finally caught up with the show and the episode ends in a cliffhanger.

*sigh*
and it's the only cliffhanger so far in the series lol
Mar 3, 2015 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
Seems pretty dull compared to the others, at last for me. Indeed there are those killers but still somehow it doesn't feel right to have two episodes instead of 1.
Mar 3, 2015 4:41 AM

May 2013
So we have Tatsumi vs Shimada in a game of Air Hockey.
Awesome, Onna can receive memories now, but damn, they're both killers!
I hope their stories would be intertwined making it more awesome. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 3, 2015 4:57 AM

Feb 2015
NastyNecros said:

*sigh*

This is the only reason why I prefer watching shows that already have aired(or been airing for a considerable amount of time.) The waiting is awful.
Mar 3, 2015 5:59 AM

Jan 2008
GoSaiyan said:
NastyNecros said:

*sigh*

This is the only reason why I prefer watching shows that already have aired(or been airing for a considerable amount of time.) The waiting is awful.

True indeed but at least if if gets you hyped so much for the next episode it means the series itself is well worth it.

We all knew episode like that was comming eventually - and oh man it was awesome.
Mar 3, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2014
Brilliant episode, I love dark ones like this. I don't know what's up with all these complaints, I feel like these characters are very interesting and that this game actually deserves two episodes.

Best episode so far in my opinion, the wait will feel so long D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2015 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 death rally is fun :P
Mar 3, 2015 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was friggin' awesome!
The undertones were so intense and the fact that we ended without concluding the games makes this one of the better episodes for throwing out theories and speculations.

Personally, I feel that Shimada actually had something to do with Tatsumi's wife's death. First clue I'm pulling on is that we don't actually know what Shimada's day job is. I get the feeling that despite how this episode tried to paint him in a relatively good light, the clues indicate that he was doing something shady to earn the money to send his sister to school. His sister probably doesn't even know about it, thus the reason why he has to act all nice and well-behaved in front of her. I'm guessing it was his shady dealings that led him to come into contact with Tatsumi's wife. Perhaps he's in a gang, and the boss told him to off her, or perhaps it was a simple burglary job gone wrong.
This would also tie in with why his sister got assaulted. Especially if he's got dealings with the underworld, his sister wouldn't be safe if he were exposed for what he did.

Tatsumi's flashbacks about him obsessing about crime seems to put him as a workaholic detective. The way his colleagues seemed to turn on him, I would assume it was due to him obsessing over the investigation of his own wife's death.

My speculation is this:
"Tatsumi was chasing after a gang of yakuzas, of which Shimada was a part of (probably as a petty thief). He thought his investigations were bearing fruit, when he found his wife dead at home.

Now I'm going to throw this out there that his wife was actually killed by thieves trying to loot his place. Sort of makes sense because she was killed on the balcony, and it was probably an accident that she saw them and botched the job up. It didn't seem like one of those Yakuza "warnings". In any case, Shimada may or may not have even been a part of the robbery.
Anyway, Tatsumi assumes his wife was killed in relation to his investigations, and goes on a rampage to find and kill off every last one of the gang. His investigations lead him to commit several murders, and he gets completely obsessed with his vendetta.
Now Shimada may be guilty or innocent of killing the wife, but perhaps due to his involvement with the gang, Tatsumi's revenge led him to stalking and assaulting his sister for information about Shimada's involvement with yakuza (which of course the sister doesn't know about), Tatsumi gets angry and assaults her, whilst revealing her brothers dirty little secrets to her. That could explain her pushing Shimada away when he came home, and also the preview of her in the hospital bed facing away from the camera.

Then Shimada, knowing the game is up, and knowing his sister hates him now, decides to track down the detective who basically ruined his sister's face and destroyed his sister's trust in him, as well as his future with his sister, for revenge.

Long story short, Shimada finds Tatsumi, they get into a fight involving knives, and after Shimada stabs Tatsumi to death, a dead Tatsumi drags Shimada off a very high place and SPLAT, both die at the same time.

Both end up at Decim's bar."

Yeah.... that would be my take on what we've seen so far.
I do believe that the knife in his bag was used to kill Tatsumi in the end, and maybe even his wife in the botched robbery (maybe she saw him, he panicked, stabbed her and ran away, hence the toilet bowl scene), and if Tatsumi ever saw the knife, all his memories would flood back and shit would hit the fan immediately.

My brain is over-analyzing.... Next episode hurry up!
L-RyoshiMar 3, 2015 11:07 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Finally Death Parade gets good again. Was really disappointed with the predictability and lameness of the series post episode 1. This episode was exciting, kept me on edge and left us guessing the entire time. Hopefully they continue the remaining season on this note.
Mar 3, 2015 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
love Air hocky :)

Amazing episode and the story continue to next episode,
I wonder what their conection and what exactly happend, cant wait..........

5/5
Mar 3, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
The preview was purely awesome! it's like the stance of the two of them are getting ready for a showdown!

Mar 3, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2009
Wow ... what an episode! Kept us guessing the entire time and it looks like it's going to continue on to next week's as well. Man, what a cliffhanger! D:
Definitely thought Shimada was the killer with the knife and all ... but wow, then it turns out THEY BOTH ARE! Who woulda thought! I quite like Tatsumi, but it seems like he had quite the rough life ... hard-working detective only to come home to find his wife murdered O_O That person in the picture sure looked like Shimada too ... well, he's taking care of his little sister who was beat up pretty badly :S I'm not surprised HE got driven to murder from that .. well, I guess they both were. Dang, now I wonder what happened ... I thought for a while their pasts were related somehow (that picture) but I couldn't figure out how Tatsumi was involved with Sae or something, for example? In any case, really wanna see how this ends next week! :O
Oh and it seems like Assistant girl got a taste of memories and the "mind of a killer" as well ... huh, interesting they gave them to her!
Mar 3, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2011
shawnofthedeadz said:
Finally Death Parade gets good again. Was really disappointed with the predictability and lameness of the series post episode 1. This episode was exciting, kept me on edge and left us guessing the entire time. Hopefully they continue the remaining season on this note.

Predictability? I doubt it was all so predictable to you or to anyone else. Basically because Decim's judgments are not supposed to be perfect... he did botched it couple times. Or you were expecting that too?
Besides. What the fuck is the issue with stuff being predictable? Here's the news: every action has consequnces, if these consequences were not PREDICTABLE, then they would defy logic and/or common sense.

So far, this has been one of my favorite shows of all time. Its well written, mysterious, dark while managing to be funny at times too. And gives me stuff to think about. While providing like-able characters.
MorridineMar 3, 2015 8:15 PM
Mar 4, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
Definitely the best episode so far imo. Excellent plot, and plenty of stuff to think about.
Glad it's heading in this direction.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 5, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
This is quite interesting, I wanna know their story.
Mar 5, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
>Takahiro Sakurai gets role
>2-cour episode
Mar 5, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
for the first time i'm looking forward to the next episode from Death parade!
Mar 6, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2009
Furuhashi said:
>Takahiro Sakurai gets role
>2-cour episode

Two-part not 2cour
Mar 7, 2015 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
Even though it didn't finish this episode, I thought the pace was just right.

So what then? They killed each other? Or they're after the same guy? They didn't need to tell us they were both killers, we already figured that out.
Mar 7, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2011
This kinda struck me when I watch the episode, since they are going to be reincarnated, is there a point picking out the better one out of both? They won't retain the same personality and attitude after their rebirth anyway. o_o

Anyway pretty decent episode for once, mainly because it's a 2-parter.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 10, 2015 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
And we have to wait another week to find out where the hell these murderers will go.
My favorite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
Omg awesome episode! So both of the guys are killers, definitely excited to see how this ends for both of them and where they end up. Gonna check out the next episode now and see more about their pasts.
Mar 12, 2015 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
It turned out that both of them are killers.

Shimada's sister was assaulted by a stalker, while Tatsumi's wife was murdered. I can't blame their plan to revenge though, although it's not the best thing to do when your loved ones are killed or hurt.

Cliffhanger.
Mar 13, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2014
Wow I was not expecting Death Parade to leave off on a cliffhanger. Even more surprising to find out both of them were murderers.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 14, 2015 6:37 AM

Jul 2014
Boring.
Mar 14, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2012
Epic episode! I'm loving this little arc. Its great to have a game going again haha.
Mar 16, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Wow this episode struck me deep. I had to feel for both people and their will to exact vengeance. I'm hoping the two have no relation to each other or else things could go messy.
Mar 21, 2015 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
WHY THE CLIFFHANGER
Mar 22, 2015 5:46 AM

May 2010
Didn't expect Shimada to be 22 to be honest. I thought he was a high-schooler.

Both of them lost someone precious to them AND both of them are killers (I considered that, actually) Why do I have this bad feeling that both of them have something to do with each other? I sure hope not.
Mar 23, 2015 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
I figured Shimada was the killer before the knife was shown, but I didn't expect the same with the detective. Now I wonder how they died..
Mar 28, 2015 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
Both of them are killers. Thought so. Maybe they killed each other hahahha
Mar 29, 2015 3:57 AM

Dec 2012
Got a good laugh when Tatsumi said he was a detective. He looked like he could have been a yakuza boss at first glance. Gotta say I'm glad this turned out to be two episodes, this one is hella intense and the characters' situations are both very intriguing. With the way their stories are building up, I wonder if they're both killers.

Edit: Oh whoops, didn't even watch the end part yet. Now it's a no brainer, that vision of their memories was fierce.
ZekkenshinMar 29, 2015 4:00 AM
Apr 2, 2015 12:29 AM
May 2012
It seems to me that the one who assaulted his sister was the detective, and the one who killed the detective's wife is the onii-chan.
Well, let's see. This is pretty intense.
Apr 4, 2015 2:26 PM
Jan 2010
Chelizzle said:
I'm kinda dissapointed tbh,but mainly because I expected more from Air-hockey.Hope it gets better next week.
The "case" was waaay to predictable imo,called it at the beginning.The characters are once again rather uninteresting.
They are doing a two parter huh?Hope it doesn't get dragged out.

I love comments like these because theres one in every thread, so you saw the first few seconds and thought to yourself "Yep, theyre going to get a special case judging a murderer, its going to be a kid who's sister was raped and a detective who's wife was killed and its going to end on a cliffhanger"? You should use youre amazing ability to see the future to do something useful as oppoed to squandering it on anime
Apr 5, 2015 6:56 AM

May 2014
This became really intense! :D

chakracat said:
FUCK
IT DIDN'T FINISH
FUCK FUCK FUCK
I don't wanna wait another week
This is why waiting for a series to end might be better.
Apr 5, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2012
Very impressive episode! Really looking forward to see what happens next.
May 9, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
The air is again made heavy; the fact of knowing that one of them was a murderess had induced me to quickly find the culprit. But the final twist makes me even more anxiety on him, because of the fact that I want to know how we will judge the two hours given their identical situation; I quiver. Fortunately, this time the story has been divided in two parts, less bad emotions are softened a bit though it seems counterintuitive, given the former words. Curious to know how it is possible for the girl read the memories that are a prerogative of the judges. Compelling episode overall.
May 10, 2015 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, that was intense.
Loved those 2 characters and their backstories. Imo, so far, both of them deserve Reincarnation, even thought they murdered somebody.
Next episode already!
May 26, 2015 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
I feel like the two are linked to each others murders, might be wrong.

Pretty intense if you ask me.
Also the first story that didnt end in 1 episode.
PrOxAntoMay 26, 2015 6:34 AM
May 29, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
This getting good.

I was thinking the old guy would be the killer. but that seemed too obvious. The other guy had to be one too. Well the ending does give it away that both are.

If in the end it is just one I think the detective is the "good one" and didn't.

I have a bad feeling about the other guy and his sister. Maybe he didn't treat her right to begin with.
Jun 15, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2010
I bet the younger guy killed the detective's wife because no one lifted a finger to help his sister. First I thought maybe the detective assaulted the girl and then the younger guy killed his wife.
Jun 21, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
Damnnn my favorite so far! That was dark af!
Jun 23, 2015 7:41 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
L3gEnDaRy said:
Best episode of Death Parade till now

this

Jun 25, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far!
Next one will probably be even better
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.