Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, that cat girl just can't keep her paws off of Shinichirou, can she?

Seems like the usual action aside from an interesting object that was delivered this episode. But as usual, it felt repetitive as hell with the pacing. Seems like this ended more or less of a happy direction this time around though.
Feb 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Boring episode.
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 27, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is alright.

So, that is why Sakuya so upset about when someone figure out her true name.
Feb 27, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
chakracat said:
Boring episode.

?
I think it was best episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 27, 2015 1:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I thought the rule of knowing someone's true name to have control over them only applied to the specters only. It was never mentioned until now that it's the same for humans/mage as well.
In that case, this is the perfect chance for Shinichirou to become an evil harem God. Just (forcibly) kiss the girls you take an interest on and that's it!

Notice Shinichirou doesn't get flustered at all anymore even when a naked Tamako jumps on top of him. I guess he's used to seeing her shining Oppai and Oshiri.

Dark Sakuya was admittedly quite awesome, at least in terms of battling. I actually prefer her over the normal one. Such a shame Shinichirou sexually harassed her and found out her true name.

Below average episode. The endcards continue to be amazing though!

Feb 27, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode so far. Which isn't saying much, I know.

Sakuya finally got some character development, and Shinichirou is actually doing something without someone to tell him what to do!
Feb 27, 2015 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
Now we know why Sakuya wants to be the head of the household, too bad for her Shinichirou is gonna be it.
Feb 27, 2015 2:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode yet, i enjoyed it.
Feb 27, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2007
Shaniyaz said:
I thought the rule of knowing someone's true name to have control over them only applied to the specters only. It was never mentioned until now that it's the same for humans/mage as well.
In that case, this is the perfect chance for Shinichirou to become an evil harem God. Just (forcibly) kiss the girls you take an interest on and that's it!
The rule is grounded in actual Eastern mysticism. Anyone who knows even a little about it would be aware of that fact before watching the show in the first place. As such, for a Japanese audience, there was no need to specify that it works on people too - it's already a well-known and established belief.

As is par for the course, they've completely changed the plot again, so they'll be handling the entire Shimazu family completely differently. And altogether, the episode wasn't that good except for the portent of a potentially less-abrasive Sakuya. Well, and all the ramblings on why the kiss was such a big deal can go the way of the dodo. As usual, end card is wonderful and steals the show.
Feb 27, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Better episode but still not that good.
Feb 27, 2015 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
They totally pulled a Persona 4, except in reverse :D
Feb 27, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was amazing!!!!! more of this anime please
sucks its only going to be 10 ep T-T
ending was super cute
[/quote]
Feb 27, 2015 6:58 PM

Sep 2013
DAMN! they combined so many things and chapters into 1 episode and still are able to maintain a good flow and pacing :O that it's actually pretty impressive XD 5/5
Feb 27, 2015 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
why would they open the package? did they know Jokiharu (I think it was a letter J)?

the end of the episode felt like a show stopper with the pair being shinichirouxsakuya
Feb 27, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2010
Still hate so much Sakuya but I guess this episode softened a bit my hate.
Feb 27, 2015 10:10 PM

May 2012
lol, okay they got me, sakuya has a cute side :p
Feb 27, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
pretty good ep
Feb 28, 2015 2:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
An okay episode.....finally Sakuya showed her attractive side :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 28, 2015 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
Best episode of the series so far, but the pacing still feels a little off with the manga (the manga is great) in comparison, that said, with only 4 more episodes to go i don't see how they can adapt this well enough to get a good enough rating for a second season, which is sad since i truly love the manga.
Feb 28, 2015 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
i like when little dark Shimazu appear, well .. not bad episode ..
Feb 28, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2013
She finally warmed up to Shinichirou. I was getting tired of her being herself. :/
Her nice side is more suited than she was before.
Feb 28, 2015 10:25 AM
Nov 2014
3/5. Waiting for more episodes
Feb 28, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Sakuya's back story was pretty intricate. I don't understand how marrying a western mage would lower the magic pool here... and plus, the whole in-breeding within the family be incest?

Welp, thanks for ruining her life Shinichirou. Since you've gone that far, why not just help her out by marrying into her family and becoming the next head?

Oh right, if passing on his powers requiring him kissing girls, then wouldn't a kiss on Suseri have the same effect? Then he'd be in control of both successors to the Shimazu family, no? Not a bad deal, eh?

I say go for it. Then he'd have his super harem.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 28, 2015 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Shinichirou finally made himself useful for once (kissing her doesn't count).
Is the "evil Isuca" a ghost? Why does she say she was killed?
I quite liked this episode and the mirror spirit. I would like more episodes like this, withou excessive blood since I don't really feel this anime asks for that.
Sakuya can actually be cute when she's not being annoying.
Mar 1, 2015 7:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Apart from learning about why Sakuya wants to be the head, this episode was pretty boring

Meh episode with more BD advertising
Mar 1, 2015 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
Well this made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

So the fake Sakuya accuses the real Sakuya for "forgetting all about Mother and Father" only seeking to be the head to get revenge. Sakuya denies this, then the fake Sakuya turns a 180 and beseeches her to accept that vengeance and hatred for the Shimazu family.

So in the end what did the fake Sakuya want? 話がばらばらになちゃったな。
Mar 1, 2015 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
Is Sakuya's tsundereness going to be toned down now then? My opinion of this anime would instantly improve if that was the case. Although, I still wouldn't call it fantastic.
Mar 3, 2015 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
Whoa, I feel somewhat rewarded for sticking with this show. This has to be the first episode that I enjoyed for the right reasons. When Sakuya isn't being all bitchy, it makes the show better. The backstory was rather interesting and I do empathize with her a bit more now. Only a bit though. :P
Mar 3, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm I don't know. In my opinion it was not as amazing as some people here have called it, however it is a good change to see Sakuya's tsundere level going down...
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 4, 2015 12:37 AM

Jan 2008

Welp, thanks for ruining her life Shinichirou

Welp, letting her die would be better I agree fo' sure.

She finally warmed up to Shinichirou. I was getting tired of her being herself. :/
Her nice side is more suited than she was before.

Rest asured - she will be back to her usual self next episode. This shit never learns from itself.

So the fake Sakuya accuses the real Sakuya for "forgetting all about Mother and Father" only seeking to be the head to get revenge. Sakuya denies this, then the fake Sakuya turns a 180 and beseeches her to accept that vengeance and hatred for the Shimazu family.

So in the end what did the fake Sakuya want? 話がばらばらになちゃったな。

Basicaly they tried to copy Persona and failed horribly. That was amazing - you SHOULD deny your feelings deep inside instead of accepting them and moving on because it will help you. Somehow. Yeah... Fuck that man. Also - there are 4 episodes left with no chances for a sequel. If they are really planning to wrap this up in 4 episodes than maaaan it is gonna be a marvel to watch xD
Mar 6, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
The mirror will show the dark side of whoever gets sucked inside. But for the sake for Sakuya's backstory this episode let's just give an evil Sakuya and mindfuck her while we leave Shinichirou alone.

As for Sakuya's reason for becoming the head... why not both? She could just become the head, kill the rest of the clan and find out the truth about her parents.

After all the bullshit Sakuya did in the previous few eps, this one dere-dere moment isn't going to help much. Still rooting for Suseri.

L-Ryoshi said:
Welp, thanks for ruining her life Shinichirou. Since you've gone that far, why not just help her out by marrying into her family and becoming the next head?

Oh right, if passing on his powers requiring him kissing girls, then wouldn't a kiss on Suseri have the same effect? Then he'd be in control of both successors to the Shimazu family, no? Not a bad deal, eh?

I say go for it. Then he'd have his super harem.

I've also wondered about that. If anybody in that clan can't have their true name revealed, why does Suseri want to kiss Shinichirou so badly despite the fact that he can find out her true name and she can't be the next head.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 10, 2015 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like Sakuya is now getting softer to Shinichirou...

Mar 12, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, first good episode in ages! Though I suppose it may only be because I am comparing it with the other terrible ones ... XD
So Sakuya's worried about not being able to become the leader now and the family is having a discussion about that as well. They get sent a mirror and she and Shinichirou get sucked into it ... I think that was an interesting way of getting her to look at herself and how she feels and then choosing to "accept" it or not. I was gonna be interested with her embracing her hatred, but Shinichirou intervenes and she realizes she's grown too. Clever of Shinichirou to find out the true name of the fake Sakuya ... but hmm, I guess he can control who he gives power to then? Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense and their opponent would just become stronger XD
Seems like they finally get to first name basis and Sakuya's nicer side is showing. Some good character development ... even for Suseri, who said it wouldn't feel right to win that way. Hopefully it keeps getting better! On the right track for once! :O
Mar 18, 2015 12:30 AM
Jun 2014
I love Seeing Sakuya's nice side. Her attitude was getting quite annoying. I think she should just admit she likes Shinichirou's kisses and embrace them rather being all stuck up about them. Also Team Sakuya!
Mar 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
A decent episode. We did see Sakuya's cute side, but still does not change or improve the way I view her.
Apr 30, 2015 2:26 PM

May 2012
Solid episode and cute ending!
Jun 13, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2012
Ah, I love it when tsunderes act so cute :)

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Aug 4, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2015
Dam lol knew that mirror was gonna be like the darkness within her or something
Apr 11, 2019 2:44 AM

Jan 2018
Tamako is the best . She is the only one who cares about Shinichirou not his ability to know names by kissing , aside from Sakuya who is a tsundere so she doesn't show interest in him even if she kind of like him .
Jun 10, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
I would totally just open every package someone sends me if I knew that a mage was out there trying to kill me... really smart protagonists in this anime. "I let my guard down". No, you're just stupid.
Aug 27, 2020 4:33 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, they only needed 6 fuckin episodes to just completely changed Isuca personality into a likeable girl, now? No way, man. Even Kirino had more development than this copycat bland girl. Lmao.

What else apart from the blonde girl personality were softened all of sudden because of that mirror? Suseri just gave up. Now the double MC officially became a couple. Was i care much? At least that Western Witch had an intrigueing story to be following up. I just hope she could give me a satisfaction instead having a mere hope with those goddamned MC. Funny, how Kousuisen actually powerful being, but so easily getting caught by MC, received the kissed and she just enjoyed it without any meaningful resistance. I mean, she was the first one that denied the MC kissing. But when they kissed, ah, what a bitchy spirit. Congratulations, MC, now you officially not as densed as some bland MC out there. But still, i don't quite attached with his appearance until this one. Even with their sweet moments in the end. No. Its disgusting. Lmao. Despite the plot point still horrible as fuck, the direction into the situations still worst than before, i can't this episode seriously. At least its a fine episode with the help of the reckless act of Tamako that just casualty hugged the forced male MC in nudity. Love you, my neko girl!
badabassAug 27, 2020 11:16 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 3, 8:37 PM

Dec 2019
That was boring as fuck holy shit.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 17, 7:00 PM

Dec 2022
pretty wholesome developments desu i'm starting to feel more than just annoyance toward Isuca lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isuca Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

34 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 18, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

65 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 16, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.