Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2015 2:09 PM
Jul 2014
Why do people some people hate Aldnoah.Zero so much? Of all the anime it aired along with, I've seen nasty comments for season 1 and 2. Nor do I understand why the ranking is lower than 500.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2015 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
The characters and story are crap. People dont 't like the CGI mechs. The only redeeming factor of this show is the ost.
Feb 25, 2015 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
G_Spark233 said:
The characters and story are crap. People dont 't like the CGI mechs. The only redeeming factor of this show is the ost.

This. Its bad, OP. The OST is just swaying your confused judgement.
Feb 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
troro1 said:
Why do people some people hate Aldnoah.Zero so much? Of all the anime it aired along with, I've seen nasty comments for season 1 and 2. Nor do I understand why the ranking is lower than 500.

They have too many expectations like "It's the Game of Thrones Anime" so when they saw it, they ended up hating it.
Feb 26, 2015 5:56 AM

Sep 2013
OfficialMikoSM said:
troro1 said:

They have too many expectations like "It's the Game of Thrones Anime" so when they saw it, they ended up hating it.

Who in the blue hell ever thought that??
Feb 26, 2015 6:00 AM
Aug 2012
Because it's COOL to hate a show on forums.

Along with MAL being MAL.

Feb 26, 2015 6:02 AM

Oct 2008
AOTY right here,
Twenty fourteen,
Twenty fifteen,
Hater gonna hate
Waiters gonna wait
Swag,swag,swag...
Feb 26, 2015 6:03 AM

Sep 2014
Because they thought it'd be a cool war anime with interesting world-building and a little bit of rivalry on the side, and what they got was Slaine vs. Inaho with not so much world building and a little bit of war on the side.
Feb 26, 2015 6:13 AM

Feb 2015
I've said this before, its ahead of its time.
Feb 26, 2015 6:17 AM
May 2012
Damn, guess I'm not the only one whose got involved with this anime.

troro1 said:

People would hate A/Z because of plot holes, unresolved questions, HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPENED (Still waiting how exactly they create a Cybernetic Eye on Inaho I mean COME ON! HOW COULD HE SURVIVED!) & etc. I mean sometimes they don't really explained shit.

Geez, for me, the vers enemies gets killed with NO last word before death & that's it, they're out.

G_Spark233 said:

Ugh! Why is this thing keep calling me in my head when it comes to this thought. I feel like THIS would be an another Guilty Crown meets Valvrave the liberator for crying out loud which I also got involved with these two! because it keeps replaying the scene over & over again and I can't let go NO matter how good/bad/batshit insane it is!

JafriZinFeb 26, 2015 7:18 AM
Feb 26, 2015 6:35 AM

Dec 2011
hmm... I'm slightly disappointed on the lack variation of mech on the earth's side
Feb 26, 2015 8:13 AM

Aug 2014
The truth of the matter is most people started hating it since episode one, when it was confirmed both Inaho and Asseylum survived. They just couldn't stomach the fact that people don't always die from a shot in the eye, and taking into account that this is the MAL, naturally absolutely no effort is made to consider something that is obviously outside of their field of expertise, so they just started hating and writing reviews and rating it with 1, from then on making up plot holes and asking stupid questions, e.g ''WHY WHY DO THE VERS KNIGHTS GO ONE BY ONE, NOT IN GROUP''. Then came the bandwagoners and hipsters, and combined they make up what's currently one of the most hated shows here.

(I'd say the most amusing ones are the people wanting an explanation on Inaho's cyber eye, like the guy two posts above me. Capital letters and exclamation marks make the situation all the more clear.)

AZ is in no way perfect, i'd say it's realistically a bit lower than season 1 in terms of quality, maybe with a 0.5 drop in score. However, it's in no way what alot of MAL users makes it out to be.
MaledictFeb 26, 2015 8:20 AM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 26, 2015 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
G_Spark233 said:
The only redeeming factor of this show is the ost.

and some members of cast :)
Feb 27, 2015 2:03 AM
Jul 2014
So no one finds the fight scenes goosebump inducingly super epic? Don't the cliff hangers and plot twists make you go OMG?
Feb 27, 2015 2:20 AM

Jun 2012
i thought most ppl was gonna say slaine lmao but no not one fucking word of of him
trunghuynh90Feb 27, 2015 2:23 AM
Feb 27, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2007
Probably the same reason people hate on Gundam so much, though I myself couldn't really tell anyone exactly what that reason is so I'm not sure if that helps.

ANGRY2011 said:
Because they thought it'd be a cool war anime with interesting world-building and a little bit of rivalry on the side, and what they got was Slaine vs. Inaho with not so much world building and a little bit of war on the side.

That sounds actually too reasonable for it to be the root cause.
Feb 27, 2015 9:06 PM

Oct 2014
People saw "Gen Urobuchi" and didn't know he would only write the beginning and end of the whole series... people expected lots of GORE and DEATH. Instead writers trolled by giving them SURVIVAL and LIFE instead. The kids did not get sweet food but salty food and started to throw a tantrum.
Feb 27, 2015 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
Grey-Zone said:
People saw "Gen Urobuchi" and didn't know he would only write the beginning and end of the whole series... people expected lots of GORE and DEATH. Instead writers trolled by giving them SURVIVAL and LIFE instead. The kids did not get sweet food but salty food and started to throw a tantrum.

I don't remember anywhere where it was said he was writing the script for anything other than the first 3 episodes. Given his lack of any commentary on anything beyond that I'd say it looks like he's done completely with it.
Feb 27, 2015 11:35 PM
May 2012
Maledict said:
then came the bandwagoners and hipsters, and combined they make up what's currently one of the most hated shows here.

Can't tell IF I don't wanna get involved with those elitist out there...

This explains to me why NOBODY gives a shit over everything I post, nothing but reaction with exclamation mark. It's like I actually care about it but others thought I get involved with this anime till I feel overexaggeration all the time & take it so seriously. So what? I have a right to say something that really bothers me.

Maledict said:
(I'd say the most amusing ones are the people wanting an explanation on Inaho's cyber eye, like the guy two posts above me. Capital letters and exclamation marks make the situation all the more clear.)

You think this is funny?! Probably they just ignored it & they wouldn't explain shit even though it's only 5 more episodes left?

For me, it keeps replaying the scene over & over again in my head after all that happened. IF you guys still don't get it, FINE. Whatever you say, people...

JafriZinFeb 28, 2015 2:58 AM
Feb 28, 2015 3:13 AM

Aug 2010
Grey-Zone said:

While I admit I wouldn't have seen this show if name Urobuchi wasn't attached to the credits, gore and death was not within my expectations. His cynicism has lessened in the last few years after all. What I expected was competent writing and characterization, not the biggest pile of wasted opportunity I've seen.

But it seems that is why it has so much hate. I doubt Aldnoah Zero would've been noticed this much if Gen was never involved. A lot of people expected much, but was greeted with incompetence. A disappointing show spawns much more hate than a bad show ever could.
Feb 28, 2015 10:44 AM
Feb 2015
SagaraYuzuru said:
Grey-Zone said:

While I admit I wouldn't have seen this show if name Urobuchi wasn't attached to the credits, gore and death was not within my expectations. His cynicism has lessened in the last few years after all. What I expected was competent writing and characterization, not the biggest pile of wasted opportunity I've seen.

But it seems that is why it has so much hate. I doubt Aldnoah Zero would've been noticed this much if Gen was never involved. A lot of people expected much, but was greeted with incompetence. A disappointing show spawns much more hate than a bad show ever could.

Pretty much this. Spread the word.
Feb 28, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
I guess it also boils down to the fact of how much people love to hate Slaine in general..
Feb 28, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2012
Alsoran said:
SagaraYuzuru said:

People give Urobuchi way to much credit, this show would have gotten just as noticed without him. Especially with the studio, director, and composer that are behind it.
Feb 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
KamiAlice said:
Alsoran said:

People give Urobuchi way to much credit, this show would have gotten just as noticed without him. Especially with the studio, director, and composer that are behind it.

True, the cast and crew was of many talented names, so this would've been highly noticed either way. However, the fact that promotions went out of their way to mention Urobuchi whenever they could, despite only writing the three first episodes shows that his name carries weight. I definitely don't think that Aldnoah Zero's story would've met with much expectation if he was never involved.
Feb 28, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Mar 1, 2015 7:30 PM
Feb 2015
Because of so much wasted potential.
Mar 2, 2015 5:59 PM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
who cares?

And also because a huge part of the MAL population likes to over-scope things and act like professional critics who only care about stuff like "CGI Mechas" and "Gainax Bounce"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2015 9:04 PM

Dec 2010
I don't know about others, but I express a strong dislike for certain shows to offset all the overly-hyped opinions of others (obviously if I don't think the show is as good as they make it out to be). I've got led into a ton of crappy shows simply because I've seen enough people promote it through frequent image sharing, recommendations, list of favourites, and rankings (I know not to follow rank no. too closely).

People have splurged about Aldnoah, Sword Art, Initial D, and Lucky Star. Call it a personal preference, but I've seen better stuff that's unfortunately nowhere as popular.
Mar 2, 2015 9:26 PM
May 2012
mayukachan said:
who cares?

Viktor_Otaku said:
Because of so much wasted potential.

I ACTUALLY CARE.

I really wanna see how it goes. sigh, how many shows that I've got involved beside this one? This explains to me why everybody just ignored my every questions that I've been looking for till I've been dying of waiting.

(goddamn these anxious feelings are all over the place)
JafriZinMar 2, 2015 9:29 PM
Mar 2, 2015 9:27 PM

Nov 2013
Old_Raven said:
G_Spark233 said:

This. Its bad, OP. The OST is just swaying your confused judgement.

on the other hand, its OP is fantastic
Mar 3, 2015 9:44 PM
May 2012
God, I hope the guy who wrote Code Geass, Guilty Crown & valvrave didn't get involve with this bullcrap.. fuck, I feel like I'm taking this show way too seriously since I've been raged over what happened in every episodes.

Oh wait, I realize that seems people nowadays were ignored over my thoughts & objectivity that I been said lately.

JafriZinMar 3, 2015 11:05 PM
Mar 3, 2015 9:47 PM

Dec 2013
I honesty tried to give the show a chance, but the characters felt so bland, the story (which is the biggest part for me) was incredibly boring. The premise sound really nice, but the excutetion is God awful.

EDIT;

lol whoops, this is the second season. I thought this was the first season.
TobiMar 3, 2015 9:52 PM
Mar 3, 2015 9:50 PM

Oct 2012
Y'all are just a bunch of tsuderes, this season is fantastic.
Mar 3, 2015 9:52 PM

Apr 2014
Inaho ruins it.
Mar 3, 2015 10:57 PM
May 2012
Elitist & hipsters everywhere...

I can't believe I was the only one who've been involved with this anime but still NO one cares....

Anime is totally serious business.

Zer01 said:
I honesty tried to give the show a chance, but the characters felt so bland, the story (which is the biggest part for me) was incredibly boring. The premise sound really nice, but the excutetion is God awful.

I don't know exactly what Execution means...
JafriZinMar 3, 2015 11:02 PM
Mar 3, 2015 11:11 PM

May 2013
Because Slaine. From a great developed character, he became the worst with Inaho.

I guess evilness corrupts you.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 4, 2015 4:17 AM
May 2012
Protaku94 said:
Inaho ruins it.

Inaho is just nothing but an emotionless son of a bitch. What if his sister, Yuki gets killed later on? How will he gonna react?

SweetCoconut said:
Because Slaine.

Slaine is just nothing but a wimp, plus a complete scapegoat. Saaz used him, even other Vers goons uses him all along, damn, it really pisses me off (I mean smh much? THIS IS NOT WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED!)!
JafriZinMar 5, 2015 4:04 AM
Mar 5, 2015 1:56 AM
Jul 2014
No doubt somebody's gonna die and it will make the viewers really sad. Probably will be one of the princesses.

And I don't think Slaine is a wimp nor a scapegoat. It's just that he put himself in such a position that he has nowhere to return to. He has to continue.
Mar 5, 2015 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
How about not joining in this war in the first place?
Or how about cooperating in ep 7 instead on acting foolish?
Or how about not siding, rescuing and supporting Saaz?
How about not doing everything to make this war go on and exploit Asseylum?
How about having something like loyalty, honor and integrity and not being a warmonger and a lying manipulative hypocrite?

Let me tell you how it is.
He chose to take part in this war.
He chose to act foolish in ep 7 instead on cooperating.
He chose to side, rescue and support Saaz.
He chose to make this war continue and he chose to exploit Asseylum for that.
He chose to not be loyal, to not have honor and to not have integrity and he chose to be a warmonger and a lying manipulative hypocrite.

Slaine had always the options, but because this moron either didn't want to think further or just didn't care, things escalated. He willingly dirtied his hands and he willingly let it go this far. His "tragedy" is only because of himself. He is responsible for his misery.

So his "tagedy" is not tragic, It's just a farce and a facepalmfest.

And if i'm a hater for pointing a the nonsense he does instead to judge his actions through pink fanboyglases, than i can live with that.
Mar 5, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
All I see in the subs is almost unhealthy obsession with the show, so I don't see from where are you getting the impression.

And I must agree with some, that this season is >>>>>>>> than the first. I'm actually really interested what's going to happen next.
Mar 5, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2014
robis798 said:
And I must agree with some, that this season is >>>>>>>> than the first. I'm actually really interested what's going to happen next.

You and I both. The Vers side of this conflict has become rather compelling in how its been built up.
Mar 5, 2015 8:18 PM

Feb 2005
Well it's not as bad as Code Geass or Guilty Clown, so I guess it's got that.
Still, the second season is markedly shittier than the first, so much retarded bullshit that makes no sense. It's pretty obviously suffering from the same writing problem Code Geass did, they wrote one season and didn't have any proper contingency plans if a second got cleared, so they have to grasp at straws and make ridiculous reacharounds while stretching suspension of belief well beyond the snapping point to somehow get enough story for more episodes.

But the mecha pewpew is fun at least.
Mar 5, 2015 9:02 PM
May 2012
robis798 said:
I'm actually really interested what's going to happen next.

My thoughts exactly.

Curiosity much? I have so many prediction going on in my head right now till I'm feeling kinda delusion & paranoid at the same time.
JafriZinMar 5, 2015 9:07 PM
Mar 7, 2015 10:39 AM
Apr 2014
Because there's a lot of stupid things happening in the plot, which I will be annoyed by, but will infuriate others, who will presumably hate it for that.
Mar 7, 2015 5:10 PM
Sep 2010
Baman said:
Well it's not as bad as Code Geass or Guilty Clown, so I guess it's got that.
Still, the second season is markedly shittier than the first, so much retarded bullshit that makes no sense. It's pretty obviously suffering from the same writing problem Code Geass did, they wrote one season and didn't have any proper contingency plans if a second got cleared, so they have to grasp at straws and make ridiculous reacharounds while stretching suspension of belief well beyond the snapping point to somehow get enough story for more episodes.

But the mecha pewpew is fun at least.

How is AZ even close to as good as Code Geass? >___>. Code Geass has better protagonist, side characters that actually do things, and antagonists that aren't laughably fodder for MC to destroy.
Mar 7, 2015 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
They are expecting too much from this and ended up hating this series afterward, and I don't understand why they're still bothering themselves to watch the 2nd season when they know that it will be bad
Mar 7, 2015 7:18 PM
Mar 2012
You should stop caring what other people on the internet think
Mar 7, 2015 11:13 PM
May 2012
ccdewa said:
I don't understand why they're still bothering themselves to watch the 2nd season when they know that it will be bad

Look, I was completely lost & mad all the time despite the cliffhanger ending during 1st season. Now I'm curious too see how it goes until it ends.

swn32 said:

Yeah, whatever. Even though I'm free to voice my expression towards anime but sometimes it didn't makes sense later on.

*sigh* NO wonder why NOBODY gives a shit over my questions that I've been made lately. That's MAL for me.
JafriZinMar 8, 2015 9:40 AM
Mar 8, 2015 12:42 AM

Jun 2014
JeffreyZin said:
ccdewa said:
I don't understand why they're still bothering themselves to watch the 2nd season when they know that it will be bad

Look, I was completely lost & mad all the time despite the cliffhanger ending during 1st season. Now I'm curious too see how it goes until it ends.

Great, am I realized that their VERS people dies were so dumb?!

swn32 said:

Yeah, whatever. Even though I'm free to voice my expression towards anime but sometimes it didn't makes sense later on.

*sigh* NO wonder why NOBODY gives a shit over my questions that I've been made lately. That's MAL for me.

Jeffrey, lose not your hope!

There are decent people on MAL.

As to answer your questions, it is because several factions of MAL have collided, that haven't had an anime to ponder over since Code Geass or some other Psychological thriller.

Gundam is gundam, and is more shoot shoot than the talk talk of Alnoah.
Log horizon had the child arc and so not much going on there. The action fans already went all over Nanatsu no Taizan(probably mispelled) so this is a stand alone during this season.

I was pretty surprised at the rather low ratings myself.

But you should know that people who truly dislike the show will NORMALLY not watch more.

There's quite a few who will continue to watch, suffering and floundering over the countless plotholes they find, with inept Martians and greedy governmental earthlings.

And a few who dislike shows but will watch to the end.

Can't stereotype them all but there you have it.

Quite fun really ^_^
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 8, 2015 4:17 AM

Dec 2011
after seeing ep 21 i just facepalmed really hard

so the earth's plan is mounting an assault on THE LANDING CASTLES, but then we were shown the vers engaged them in a FUCKING OPEN PLAINS, and we can see a landing castle in the background

first of all, it's stupid, it's like sending the king out of the fortress walls to engage enemy's army by themselves. And where the fuck were the long range supports of the landing castles? By the end of the 1st season we were shown how formidable landing castles are with it's myriad of Missiles and Gun Batteries, and now not only it didn't do shit while the nobles were being butchered, it even let deucalion flying around like swag without any interference at all

I wanna praise the earthlings but the scenario is too stupid to allows me to do that.

and finally, that quantum teleportation dude, nothing prevented him to copy himself million times BEFORE the battle, or even put a copy of himself in a safe place. Yes, the teleportation range is only 30M, but after it's done, all copies are independent of each other, so it can totally do the 2 things above. The only reason it didn't is because dumb story is dumb.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.