Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2015 8:32 PM
Feb 2015
Most badass episode. That damn cliffhanger was pretty frustrating too! Hopefully Izumi gets a bit more screen time next episode.
Feb 25, 2015 8:37 PM

Feb 2014
Salce said:
Really bad execution.

This was supposed to be an intense battle, is the climax of the war between humans and parasites. In the manga, this was quite something.

Here it was very slow. Also I'm tired of this "end in a cliffhanger" pace. They should have included Hirokawa scene in this episode.

I agree so much, I read this in the manga and thought its finally here but it was really average.
Feb 25, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
The name of the next episode though
Feb 25, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2015
I'll try to clarify a few issues, but I'll need some help as well.

-Why does the police force kill humans remorselessly?
Elimination of the enemy is top priority, human lives are secondary. But at the same time, they made it clear to the Parasites that taking human hostages won't work, which prevents a lot of unnecessary deaths. Thus, this apparently remorseless attitude is extremely efficient. But understandably, the police officers can be very hesitant to fire at times.

-Why didn't Uragami trick the police into killing innocents.
Why would he? Deliberately lying to the police is a surefire way to get a heavier sentence (i.e. death sentence). At least, if he doesn't say anything, he won't anger the authorities any further.

-Why did they follow Gotou into the room rather than shooting him right away?
Maybe they were hesitating, thinking he could be human? Uragami's nonchalant tone, telling them to " just shoot everyone, I don't care" was very misleading and inconclusive. After they followed Gotou into the room, he practically gave himself away with his "I'll give you two minutes" so that's when they started shooting.

-Why didn't they just run, like Uragami did?
??? Panicked???

-What's the explanation behind Gotou's ability to withstand the shotgun?
He analyzed the effects of the weapon and he seems to have made a countermeasure to it. Maybe he expanded his Parasite parts to cover all of his human parts, thus preventing serious damage? Still, the force from the shotgun might be capable of penetrating the Parasitic cover.
There's the (weak) possibility that Gotou actually intended to be killed there. But since he found that one of the officers, whose torso was protected by armor, was still alive, maybe he transferred his Parasites to him.

-To begin with, how did the police know that there were Parasites in the city hall?
???????????????????????????????
Feb 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Gotou is just too strong.
Albi-kunFeb 25, 2015 8:52 PM
Feb 25, 2015 8:52 PM
Mar 2013
supracseduch said:

-To begin with, how did the police know that there were Parasites in the city hall?

from Kuramori's report. (He know its by Shiniji)
Feb 25, 2015 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Salce said:
Really bad execution.

This was supposed to be an intense battle, is the climax of the war between humans and parasites. In the manga, this was quite something.

Here it was very slow. Also I'm tired of this "end in a cliffhanger" pace. They should have included Hirokawa scene in this episode.

I didn't read the manga but this episode didn't feel intense. There were moments were it could like when the soldiers shot humans and the Parasyte where in the mix ready to attack but there was something lacking. There's little tension.

The massacre in the highschool had better tension.
Feb 25, 2015 9:33 PM

Jan 2015
We1rD said:
supracseduch said:

from Kuramori's report. (He know its by Shiniji)

I see. But the report couldn't have been by Shinichi, it was by Kuramori. But Hirama does know (or at least, suspect) that Shinichi is Kuramori's partner.
Feb 25, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
Wow the cops were dumb. Gotou is crazy OP :o
Feb 25, 2015 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
That went better than I thought mostly. Wonder what makes those two Parasytes so strong.
Feb 25, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Gotou is a fucking beast. That basically sums up this episode.
Feb 25, 2015 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
well i can't really say that i cared about all the shooting that was going on. i'd rather see the show focus on shinichi again.
Feb 25, 2015 10:40 PM
Nov 2014
Fantastic ep and I think everyone can agree on one thing, Gotou is a boss.
Feb 25, 2015 11:30 PM

Nov 2014
Police killing innocents, not good not good.

Nice episode with absolutely no role for Shenchi.
Feb 25, 2015 11:41 PM
Nov 2013
Awesome episode. Who knew that shit would go down without Shinichi on screen. But this episode really had me wondering who the actual monsters were. The people killing the parasites were relentless, even killing humans. Also, Gotou seems unkillable. I wonder if she Shinichi and Migi will even be able to kill him..
Feb 25, 2015 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
What a spoilerish next episode title

Well, at least Shinichi gets to do something next episode.
Feb 26, 2015 12:49 AM

May 2013
That was way intense! Shotgun rounds are effective and killed most of them. Too bad for the people that died of suspicion though. As expected that Gotou is as hard as a fucking wall of steel! Damn that was horribly beautiful. Hahaha! Hirokawa looks to be calm as shit. I think next episode is about time Shinichi and Migi step in. Although, the title of it is a lot more explicit than usual.
Feb 26, 2015 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
next: Sex and Spirit! WOWOWOWOWOW

Feb 26, 2015 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:

goose bumps!
Feb 26, 2015 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
I love how Uragami thinks, I really don't want him to die because he is too funny xD

Great build up though, I still can't get enough of the Opening and the ending xD

To be honest, I can't really tell who the real monsters are in this episode D:
AbbieT3D2YFeb 26, 2015 2:36 AM
Feb 26, 2015 2:50 AM

Jan 2014
meh, it was literally just a bloodbath and nothing else to it.
the past 2 episodes haven't been much good. I'm starting to lose interest so i've moved my score down to an 8/10 n_n
I hope the ending isn't so lacklustre.
Feb 26, 2015 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
Why did anyone have to be sacrificed when Uragami's job was to pic out the Parasites from the humans? Was he just not doing his job for shits and giggles?
Feb 26, 2015 3:48 AM

Jun 2013
Aridus said:
That psycho guy and his security dude are the most human from all of them imo.

A lot of shooting this episode. SWAT team's shooting parasites and people. I guess they don't care much do they. Atleast that guy with a scar doesn't.
Barion-Zara said:
Nxt ep is when he has sex with Murano? I wonder how much they'll show :P

haha yeah we'll see.

He did what he had to do. Hesitance in these situations will literally kill you. Given the nature of the enemy, they just couldn't afford a lighter approach. It's incredibly unfortunate that some humans had to die, including the members of the police (?) force.
-------
I can totally see Uragami killing the man assigned to watch him. He is a ruthless psychopath and will ensure his own survival at virtually all costs.

He (guy watching Uragami) must have felt removing Uragami's cuffs was justified because he is the only person so far known to be able to identify the parasites on sight, and maximizing his chances of survival is crucial for the extermination effort.
Feb 26, 2015 3:54 AM

Sep 2013
Next ep "Sex and spirit". So Shinichi will be doing it Murano next ep.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 26, 2015 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
gedata said:
Why did anyone have to be sacrificed when Uragami's job was to pic out the Parasites from the humans? Was he just not doing his job for shits and giggles?

Yep, he is half-assing it. To be fair, the ones "sacrificed" were disobedient and put the operation in danger. Uragami simply did not have the time to react and point out whether it's a Parasite or human, and thus had to be shot down. And another one was used as meatshield by a Parasite trying to flee.
Feb 26, 2015 4:17 AM
May 2014
only 75% 5/5?? This episode was mad good. Full out war in that building
Feb 26, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2012
This was a great episode
Feb 26, 2015 4:30 AM

Dec 2014
bastek66 said:
What a spoilerish next episode title
Nyess ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Good episode, the bloodbath was a little more graphic in the manga but this is okay :D
Feb 26, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
"No, that one's human."

My sides.
Feb 26, 2015 4:54 AM
Dec 2014
OMG . Gotou is a MONSTER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 6:01 AM
Jun 2014
Good episode, fit with the main theme of the series of "who are the real monsters". Not sure why people are just calling it a pointless blood bath
Feb 26, 2015 6:04 AM

Jun 2013
What an intense episode! It was really nicely executed.

Bloodshed everywhere. WWIII is here.

So these squad's main mission is not to protect the civilians, but to eliminate the enemies. Many innocent humans were sacrificed.

Uragami ran off. I couldn't blame him though. Gotou is so scary and such a beast.

Shinichi didn't do anything, but this episode was still intense. I think he just wanted to find a right time to move, because interfering will just make things worse. I'm expecting him to do more actions in the next episode.

I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left. I love this series, and I don't want this to be ended so soon.
TicklingThoughtsFeb 27, 2015 2:52 AM
Feb 26, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
A really great episode that had me on the edge of my seat from the start. I swear Urobuthcer had something to do with this, hehe.

And Shinichi will apparently get laid next episode, so that's that.
Feb 26, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
Cliché and over the top bloodshed. I already knew what was gonna happen, but I didn't expect this to take the whole episode.

We didn't learn anything from this episode either, apart from the fact that the cops don't give a damn about civilians, and they tried to make Parasytes look like victims (they pretty much inverted the roles in this, kind of dumb if you ask me) with the cringe-worthy "don't bully us" flashback. I mean, come on, you eat and despise humans, what the heck did you expect ? Just die and shut your deformed mouth.

Main character was useless.

2/5.

Hummmmm, now that I come to think of it, Murano didn't appear in this. 3/5 it is then.
MuoFeb 26, 2015 7:08 AM
Feb 26, 2015 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
I have a bit of trouble believing this team was in their rights, legal and otherwise, to commit such a massacre. o_O They're military, right? Didn't catch what branch or sector they are.

Other than that, good episode. I love Uragami. xD
Feb 26, 2015 7:10 AM

Jan 2010
Military posing as SWAT was far too gentle and considerate for my tastes. They should have acted like the military, and not played the convoluted plan game.

The obvious response is of course using a multiple ordinance bomb spread to obliterate the building complex without warning. Pretty standard strategy, though probably too tame considering what they know about the enemy.

The giant truck sensor setup was also ridiculous, since they are basically just using X-Rays to look for skulls.
Feb 26, 2015 7:18 AM
May 2014
Euradys said:
Cliché and over the top bloodshed. I already knew what was gonna happen, but I didn't expect this to take the whole episode.

We didn't learn anything from this episode either, apart from the fact that the cops don't give a damn about civilians, and they tried to make Parasytes look like victims (they pretty much inverted the roles in this, kind of dumb if you ask me) with the cringe-worthy "don't bully us" flashback. I mean, come on, you eat and despise humans, what the heck did you expect ? Just die and shut your deformed mouth.

2/5.

Hummmmm, now that I come to think of it, Murano didn't appear in this. 3/5 it is then.

They aren't making the parasytes the victims in all this. It's humanity vs parasytes. For once the human side isn't portrayed as powerless. It's actually realistic. We have combat forces packing huge ammo (heck nukes) and you expect me to believe that in every zombie show/movie we can't contain the situation from the start? Just because humans aren't helpless in this anime doesn't make the parasytes more amiable
Feb 26, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
Fantastic, can't believe it's ending in 4 eps.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 26, 2015 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
No line fit's such an episode better "shit just got real", no matter how overused it is.

In hindsight, we could see something like this coming but it didn't make it any less intense.

Now the question is, what's Shinichi gonna do...
Feb 26, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
bladeangel said:
They aren't making the parasytes the victims in all this. It's humanity vs parasytes. For once the human side isn't portrayed as powerless. It's actually realistic. We have combat forces packing huge ammo (heck nukes) and you expect me to believe that in every zombie show/movie we can't contain the situation from the start? Just because humans aren't helpless in this anime doesn't make the parasytes more amiable

What was the point of the flash back then ? They clearly wanted us to feel kind of bad for the parasytes, and this is what I disliked in this episode. (You can even read comments from people that actually felt bad for them in this very thread).

And don't use the word "realistic" please, it doesn't make sense at all here. Why not just bomb the whole building then ? (now that you mentioned it) Since the cops didn't seem to care about sacrificing civilians that much as long as the threat is eliminated (forgot the quote, but they clearly said so in the episode).

When you have the head of the police forces smirking as he kills a civilian and a flash back of a parasyte saying "don't bully us", one can only assume that the roles have been inverted in this episode.
MuoFeb 26, 2015 8:02 AM
Feb 26, 2015 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
Euradys said:
And don't use the word "realistic" please, it doesn't make sense at all here. Why not just bomb the whole building then ? (now that you mentioned it) Since the cops didn't seem to care about sacrificing civilians that much as long as the threat is eliminated (forgot the quote, but they clearly said so in the episode).

lol I didn't think about this before but that's kind of true. If the cops didn't care about sacrificing the civilians they could have bombed the building instead of going through all that massacre. Trying to make the Parasytes look like victims with that "don't bully us" scene was forced (lol ffs they don't even have emotions and kill/eat humans).
Feb 26, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
Euradys said:

2/5.

Many of us could see this coming but I don't see what's wrong with that, it was slowly building up for such an outcome. To address the your points I highlighted:

1.Not once has any parasyte mentioned that they hate humans. They saw them a food sources. We eat cows & pigs because they're a food source for us but we don't hate them.

2.What the hell did you expect Shinichi to do? He's in the most difficult position out of everyone. What he always tried to do was to save whoever he could, so how is he to react when the SWAT does the exact same thing the parasytes did. Furthermore, don't forget that it's not his call alone but Migi's as well, who doesn't want to put themselves at risk by interfering and seeing as how interfering now means helping one of two murdering sides, I can't help but agree with him.

It's not so much the roles that have been inverted as is the fact that the show offer's no easy answers, which makes it all the more entertaining. It's not about the MC killing off or helping to kill all the parasytes anymore, even if it eventually amounts to that.
Feb 26, 2015 9:27 AM

Oct 2008
Most brutal anime episode of 2015. Very cool!

Feb 26, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2010
Well, it was intense (because of the soundtrack) but there's something wrong with how they executed the actions of the characters.
It didn't feel natural at all. BTW, what's the title of the preview + techno soundtrack?

And oh, Yamagishi = Emiya Kiritsugu. Didn't notice it earlier.
StormViruzFeb 26, 2015 11:10 AM
Feb 26, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
this one is at a whole new level

Feb 26, 2015 12:12 PM
May 2014
Z4k said:
Euradys said:

lol I didn't think about this before but that's kind of true. If the cops didn't care about sacrificing the civilians they could have bombed the building instead of going through all that massacre. Trying to make the Parasytes look like victims with that "don't bully us" scene was forced (lol ffs they don't even have emotions and kill/eat humans).

The "don't bully us" flashback is just a tool to show the parasyte's viewpoint on their existence. They don't see themselves as "wrong" basically. To them they are just part of the new food-chain. I mean, that's just how I see it, i don't think it's meant to make us sympathyze with them. I was very happy to see how fast they were getting gunned down in this episode.

Why didn't they just bomb the building? Well i can't believe this one got asked actually. It's a no brainer. Aside from causing widespread city panic, attracting attention and risking colateral damage to neighboring buildings, they began the opperation trying to minimize human casualties. When shit hit the fan, mr comando went with plan B.
Feb 26, 2015 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
I guess it takes a monster to kill a monster. And. once again, Gotou is one OP bastard.
Feb 26, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2014
Why did the task force just let the huge group of parasytes just walk right past them? XD I didn't understand that part

He was like "wait! where do you think you're going!?!" And then the other guy was just like "It's okay, just let them go.."

UHHH. LMAO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2011
Chaoyigon said:
Why did the task force just let the huge group of parasytes just walk right past them? XD I didn't understand that part

He was like "wait! where do you think you're going!?!" And then the other guy was just like "It's okay, just let them go.."

UHHH. LMAO.

Because there was two or more parasytes in the lobby causing chaos that were still alive. It was a planned distraction.
Feb 26, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
Intense ep, gotou is one powerfull parasyte. The human side are like inocent guilty fuc& that we don't give a shit. Hype is build! Great ep.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

17 by TrixCrispier »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.