Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 30, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Story 1: Cherry Blossom

Man, fuck snow delays. All my homies hate snow delays. I'm so glad it doesn't snow where I live.

Honestly, most of it could have been avoided if he had just brought a phone with him. I mean he's travelling such long distances, shouldn't he carry a device to be able to contact someone? I'm presuming his parents and friends didn't know about this.

I really liked the ending of this story. Sometimes it doesn't end with a "lived happily thereafter" theme. Sometimes, you need to part ways, even if it's painful, you must endure it and move forward.

Kinda sad that both of them weren't able to give the letters to each other.

Dec 22, 2022 11:34 PM

Jul 2022
Akari had a letter for him...

Jan 8, 2023 7:46 AM
Dec 2022
very great, in my experience, i cannot relate that much to the idea of moving to another city due to my parents having work, but i am familiar to the idea of losing a friend/lover and going from strangers, to strangers with memories
captivating story and i cant wait to see the rest
Jun 23, 2023 6:33 AM

Aug 2018
Beautiful episode, the arstyle mostly compliments it but besides that I enjoyed other things kinda fairly too
Aug 27, 2023 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
This movie is very unrealistic. 

Chapter 1 is based in 1995, so no internet, texting, chatting.  Just letters and phone calls for long distance.   The problem with this Chapter 1 is that they had known each other since they were little kids, and it is very difficult to impossible for a straight boy and a girl to be best friends, especially at that age. 

This Chapter also makes it seem like if the girl, who is a cute girl, is lonely with no friends.  She, with how cute she is, would have gotten tons of guys trying to be with her, giving her attention, having lots of female friends. 

And no way that two people their ages (elementary, middle school) would be writing letters over and over to each other.  After one letter, they would have stopped.  A person (regardless of age) would get tired and lose interest to keep interaction with a person (especially if its via letter) when you dont get to have physical contact with that person. 

Again, seems like they were friends and not a couple, so that makes it maintaining the writing of letters for YEARS to be IMPOSSIBLE

And no way that the female MC would have waited like 7 hours at the train station
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What did you feel after watching Makoto Shinkai`s 5 Centimeter per Second? ( 1 2 3 )

IRIS-T - Mar 6, 2016

109 by Kari-Haruka »»
May 12, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter General Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jul 19, 2007

776 by drried »»
Apr 14, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.