Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, sometime when this show goes full throttle in action, it actually gets intense. Not much fan service at all.

And on most parts, this episode didn't waste much time on that. Is it also safe to say that Basara sort of gained a new member in his harem? Yuki is also not amused this episode.
Feb 18, 2015 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
Basara is more awesome than he's in manga. Great fight! I always like the action of this anime. Look for next episode.
Feb 18, 2015 11:16 AM

Sep 2014
Woah.. That human wiping looked strange at the begining xd

Buses <3

That hug scene xd..

Like the opening meody at the end ^^

Next episode sounds like it will have lots of ecchi
EtherealisFeb 18, 2015 11:40 AM
Feb 18, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
Yuki siding with Basara was expected, but knocking him out first seemed kinda unnecessary. Her reasoning for it felt pretty weak. Regardless, good to see Mio stand up for Basara at the end there. I'm a bit surprised this fight ended as quickly as it did though. Not too much ecchi this week, hope/expect Yuki will come back too.
animefan8800Feb 18, 2015 11:34 AM
Feb 18, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2013
That was a good battle. Kurumi still cares for Basara. Not a lot of ecchi in the episode as well, so I guess that's good.
Feb 18, 2015 11:44 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Looking at Kurumi's face up close, she's pretty cute. :3

Intense action at the start although their battle ended quickly. Heh, less ecchi this week. ;D Also, the title for next week's episode. Uh-oh... xD Plus that music. xDD
Feb 18, 2015 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
Well that Kurumi shift from tsun to dere was way faster and easier than I thought XD Giving him a lap pillow, calling him Onii-chan and Even suddenly trying to stop Yuki from hurting him lol
Isn't she the was one who trying to convince her before and now she's asking "Why?" ^^; She's cute though :3

Dat Shota Basara underwater part with Mio's Oppai was quite something :3

And Man do I keep loving Maria more and more <3

Damn Shiba was creepy as hell when he opened his eyes O_o

I'm sure Yuki and even Kurumi will find a way and come back pretty soon to officially join the harem and probably even live with them XD

Nxt weeks title has me excited XD Erotic succubus out of control :O
Feb 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Boring
yeo
Feb 18, 2015 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Kurumi starts to have feeling for Basara and giving him a lap pillow.
Feb 18, 2015 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
Looking forward to next weeks censors in episode: "Erotic succubus out of control"

R-OrioN said:
Buses <3

Are you some kind of bus lover like me?
Feb 18, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Now that the battle is over I believe the next episode will end Volume 2 of the light novel series. I thought the battle scenes between Basara and Kurumi would of been a little longer but i'm not complaining and I'm okay with it. But my main highlight of this episode was Kurumi finally becoming part of Basara's harem. Sorry Yuki I love and all but Kurumi is my number one girl. Another great episode though.
Feb 18, 2015 1:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very nice battle, that was probably the best episode so far.
Feb 18, 2015 1:21 PM
Sep 2014
The episode was okay to me my only problem was the animation of the battle scenes looked lazy and there were some shots where the characters' faces didn't look normal (fatter).

And I LOL'ed at the scene of the falling Kurumi as there was a very convenient piece of clothing stuck to her nipple to cover it hahaha.
Feb 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2012
Kurumi is up there on the best girl list.
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 18, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
10/10 best episode. The action was really good.
I'm sad the girls couldn't stay, Kurumi would have made the harem better.
Feb 18, 2015 2:04 PM

May 2014
Kurumi is cute, I got to say.
The fight was actually quite okay.
Feb 18, 2015 2:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Good episode yet again this week....The battle/action was fun but tbh it didn't really wow me as much as the action in this series usually does

I liked the character development that Mio and Yuki had in this episode a lot too....They along with Maria did their thing and I'm proud of them =3

I also like how this series handles all the fanservice...Whomever is directing this anime is doing a great job :)

Feb 18, 2015 2:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kind of knew Kurumi would eventually join Basara's harem, but that was sooner than I expected. That dere side of her is cute though. :3
What I didn't understand was, how did she only lose clothing on the right side of her Oppai when she was just falling upside down from the building? & How only a tiny piece managed to stick through even after that?
Yuki sure got jealous after seeing them together. Hitting Basara with the hilt was more out of jealousy than her sense of duty as a hero.

Dem Mio Oppai though.. Refreshing enough to have Basara wake up fast. That puny sleeping incense got nothing on them B90. XD

Takashi vs. Basara was pretty good, but it ended too quickly. Byakko was also quite easy to handle, for being a guardian beast.
You know it's serious when Shiba opens his eyes. Even the BGM changed instantly! This guy is epic! Would love to see more of him in future.

Decent episode. It won't be long before both Yuki and Kurumi returns to officially become a part of Basara's harem. Until then, looking forward to Maria's lewdness.

Feb 18, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Shaniyaz said:
What I didn't understand was, how did she only lose clothing on the right side of her Oppai when she was just falling upside down from the building?

Questioning that myself as well, but I'm pretty sure Basara's impact with his weapon caused that. I actually don't remember what happened there ... anyway they probably needed to put some fanservice in there.

Honestly didn't really find this episode exciting with battle scenes. The title for the next episode sounds ... interesting, I guess.
Feb 18, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm, it was not so amazing in my opinion. The actual fight felt very short for me and the animation could be better :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 18, 2015 3:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
YourDignity said:
Shaniyaz said:
What I didn't understand was, how did she only lose clothing on the right side of her Oppai when she was just falling upside down from the building?

Questioning that myself as well, but I'm pretty sure Basara's impact with his weapon caused that. I actually don't remember what happened there ... anyway they probably needed to put some fanservice in there.

Yeah, probably. But even if it really was the cause, then she should've already lost her clothing before starting to fall down. The way they showed it made me think it happened just for the sake of fanservice.

Perhaps, the light novel explained this scene properly.

Feb 18, 2015 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
Lol at the next episodes title.

Lots of zooming in this episode.
Feb 18, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
Lol finally an episode with more action and less fan service. Kurumi's attitude to Basara shifted rather quick. Takashi made a mistake by keeping Shiba out of fight.

I couldn't agree more where Yuki thought to herself that it's not Basara betrayed the village, but it's the village betrayed Basara.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 18, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
I just don't really think this anime is very good at all because of how cliche it is .
Feb 18, 2015 5:44 PM

May 2014
Next ep a lot of censors =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2015 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
Intense episode! Poor Yuki at the end though :/
Feb 18, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
Man I am so disappointed with this episode.
The fighting is so lacking and is totally different from the manga/novel.
The fight with Kurumi supposes to end up with Basara half dead(or have tons of injury).
Very disappointed!
Feb 18, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2013
Not much fanservice, which was alright I guess. The action imo was not that impressive. It felt like something was missing. Anyway, Kurumi soften up to Basara. She just can't forget the memories she has. Looking at the title of next episode, the fanservice will be back eventually.
Feb 18, 2015 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, the development was well fast, the fights also occurred more rapidly, I just wish was shown as all were most injured during the fight, especially Basara, that in the LN fought bruised all over against Takashi and then Byako

Yuki won several points in this episode, it'll be nice to see your relationship with others from now, already Kurumi really is very cute, deserves appear more in the story, but still I get Mio as the best girl

And a new arc begins next episode, I look forward to continue watching ..
Feb 18, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Of course, they had to place a little fanservice even into a serious action episode :P
It was so obvious that Yuki imouto was tsun tsun for Basara. Damn, is there a shittier position than being the childhood friend imouto? That double the impossibleness.

The fight was great in overall, even if some of the movements were awfully slow. For a 20 minutes long action episode, I think they did well.

Bitch, did you just annihilated that magestic beast?! Where's the animal protection when you need it... :(

I loved how Mio bitch-slapped the whining guy, he was annoying as fuck.
minouneetzoeFeb 18, 2015 8:32 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 18, 2015 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
Fighting was overall pretty good. Some parts were super cool and exciting, and a couple parts were mediocre, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

Basara able to raise another flag in less than 1 episode. Gratz.

Now that another fighting arc has come to an end. I'm looking forward to the fanservice filled restart to the next arc. As if the title of the next episode didn't already give it away.

Gotta love the dipshit weebs who write reviews that are like 1-2/10. First of all, you should not be able to review a show when you've seen 3/12 episodes. That's ridiculous. Saying you have the knowledge to provide an accurate review of the show when you've hardly watched it is ridiculous.

Then the only arguments are: shit characters, and cliché. This is an ecchi harem. If those are your only "arguments" for a show in these genres, then you're just a trolling douche. Writing pointless ass reviews when you don't even watch the show, without providing any depth is just flamebaiting.

I already report all of these fuck stick pseudo reviews and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Clearly when your ratio of helpful/not helpful is negative as shit, nobody agrees with your biased ass rants.

I'll even fire shots at 2 of the pussies - xSlaine and LoneNinja123
Feb 18, 2015 9:58 PM
Mar 2013
After all the effort they go through censoring, did anyone else notice that they didn't censor the nipples when Mio was trying to wake up Basara.
Feb 18, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
Great action in this ep, but it's feels to me like Kurumi switched sides way to friggin fast. She went from "Die Basara!" to "Basara Run!" in an eye blink.
Feb 18, 2015 10:53 PM

Dec 2014
hlubkoj2020 said:
Man I am so disappointed with this episode.
The fighting is so lacking and is totally different from the manga/novel.
The fight with Kurumi supposes to end up with Basara half dead(or have tons of injury).
Very disappointed!

+1
Feb 19, 2015 12:59 AM

Feb 2015
Gah. The action scenes and story flow is So lame and predictable. I guess its time to put this anime on hold until bd.
Feb 19, 2015 1:14 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah. The battle was really short...

Kurumi is cute.

That's all.
Feb 19, 2015 1:49 AM

Jan 2013
The fights could have been longer and more intense, but they were good.
I wonder how strong the guy that was spectating is.
Feb 19, 2015 6:41 AM

May 2013
So Shiba's not fighting, eh? Good, I didn't want this fight to be messier than it already is.
Awesome, Byakko has been released, but Banishing Shift is too OP for even the guardian beast.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 19, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
Low fan services but great episode. The battle was intense.
My Candies:
Feb 19, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2014
Shiba must be packing a lot of power within 0.0

Anyway, battle was decent as a whole, though something seems to be lacking...like how i wish they will make it more spectacular with the 'Banishing Shift' move towards the end, but oh well. Kurumi and Basara's interaction also seem unrealistic, but i guess it's just pack of the harem package. Overall, entertaining.
Feb 19, 2015 9:51 AM
Nov 2009
This show is good cheese with hentai animation. This episode lacked the fan service but the action made up for it.
Feb 19, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
Meetdeath said:
Shiba must be packing a lot of power within 0.0

Anyway, battle was decent as a whole, though something seems to be lacking...like how i wish they will make it more spectacular with the 'Banishing Shift' move towards the end, but oh well. Kurumi and Basara's interaction also seem unrealistic, but i guess it's just pack of the harem package. Overall, entertaining.

That maybe so but it's pretty obvious that Basara is Kurumi's childhood crush, the same with Yuki.
Feb 19, 2015 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
think its a trend the anime will continue to fare poorly in the battle scenes. As much as it is an ecchi anime, Shinmai's battle scenes are actually much more epic than this mediocre episode.

Too rushed, animation quality is poor once again, reasoning and logic not firmly established. As much as I enjoy the series this is a terribly forgettable episode. Saying the Mio rant at the end (which was also too short) is the best part of the episode is just...sad.

Good thing I've read the source material and its so much better. I'm lowering my expectations further now. Was looking forward to this being different from stuff like Trinity Seven but Shinmai anime will probably never fully bring out the potential it has with the LN.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 19, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
It was okay, nothing spectacular since the animations for the fight were just mediocre.
But seriously this show needs more Yuki.

Shaniyaz said:

Ehhh, well you know the fanservice goes beyond the logic.
Feb 19, 2015 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
So they just killed the mythical beast? or is it still around? :(

Whenever Maria fights my heart tightens :(
That little cutie doesn't belong on the battlefield :'(

And Mio thou :O
Feb 19, 2015 9:40 PM

Apr 2013
Baller fight. Basara is a gentleman and a scholar. Kurumi has some very nice assets as well. Kurumi, meet the harem. Put her on the board!! And Yuki better return ASAP or I will rage. She's my favorite (it's just something about that light blue hair and bod).
dankzelFeb 20, 2015 6:42 AM
Feb 20, 2015 2:05 AM

Oct 2011
Bassara AWESOME !!!!
Feb 20, 2015 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
One can only assume and imagine what the next episode will be... based on that title.

Oh, and...
Feb 20, 2015 1:15 PM

May 2011
I expected to see emotional full of blood episode but this is kinda disappointing, I liked the episode but it's somehow didn't live up to my expectation. Unfortunately we didn't get much of fan service in this one, but judging by next episode's title, we'll get tons of them :D

Basara looked so OP in this episode, he wasn't even practicing thoughout the past 5 years, why he's so fucking op then ? that doesn't make any sense. I guess it's so silly to criticize this, isn't it ? -_-

P.S: I forgot to say something, the naked Mio embracing the naked Basara(the kid) was plain wrong, she was even blushing lol a pure pedo.
Satan-samaFeb 20, 2015 1:25 PM
Feb 20, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
did anyone notice a change in the colors and a dip in animation quality when that big white tiger showed up?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

127 by Farabeuf »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

161 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.