Forum Settings
Forums

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 29 Discussion

New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2015 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol, what an ending. Miracles rarely or if ever happens in this series anyways.
Aug 4, 2019 9:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Not as good as last episode I have to say, AND I have rated both episodes the same within the VN.

So why wasnt EP4 has sucessfully adapted?
Worst pacing on the VN, but more raw emotion and intrigue, that is what won me over with EP4, the OST helped alot and the scenes were better executed in the manga.

Whereas with EP3 adaptation, the mangaka did an amazing job, and flawlessly recreated stuff even better than I could have imagined it plus didnt fuck up with the stellar pace of EP3.

For EP4 to have resulted as well as EP3, the execution of the scenes would have to be on another level, considering we dont really have that OST here to kick it to heavens.

Also they skipped, rushed some stuff from the VN, but not always for worst since it has such a slow pacing that I dont minded that some scenes where shortened.

All that aside, this was still the EP that bring us Ange, and it was full of emotional scenes noneless.

EP5 and EP6 are my less favorable ones from the VN, concerning EP3-EP7, lets hope the next mangas will change my mind on wtf whatever was going on with the plot trying to fuck the brains out of you.

9.2/10 = 9
Jun 8, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Playcool said:
All that aside, this was still the EP that bring us Ange, and it was full of emotional scenes noneless.

This line pretty much summarizes my thoughts on this episode. The emotional scenes involving Ange and her past with Eva, and of course Maria's scenes with Rosa, were very strong and well done.

I haven't read the VN of ep4 (only watched the anime way back when it was airing. I have read Chiru tho), but this episode was way better than I remembered. Wayyy more emotion and the stellar artwook by Soichiro also really helped.
Sep 19, 2023 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
The two witches of insanity. No chance of winning, like Beato is playing with the black pieces for eternity and these two witches are chess engines that will never give her any comfortable advantage.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 28 Discussion

UN-Owen - Aug 29, 2013

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Sep 19, 2023 3:56 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 27 Discussion

UN-Owen - Aug 29, 2013

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 26 Discussion

UN-Owen - Aug 29, 2013

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:36 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 25 Discussion

UN-Owen - Aug 29, 2013

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Sep 18, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4: Alliance of the Golden Witch Chapter 24 Discussion

UN-Owen - Aug 29, 2013

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Sep 18, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.