Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 24, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
I know Kaori is getting bashed for her double suicide "joke", but it's obvious she wasn't kidding. She can no longer play the violin and from what she's said, probably doesn't have long left to live. Playing the violin has been literally one of her greatest joys because it lets her convey her emotions to others. Emotions that can't be expressed in words. Emotions that will never be forgotten, so that she'll never be forgotten. That's why when she told Arima to forget everything, I near instantly teared up.

Watari is a true bro. I don't think he's ever been serious about pursuing Kaori and has been playing it off as a joke for a while now as he recognizes that Arima captured her heart long ago. Looking forward to Loliconbait Nagi's performance, I really can't wait to see what kind of picture they'll paint with this one.
Mar 28, 2015 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that behaved well, has fielded all he had, not hiding anything.
Narration pleasant if somewhat melancholy and sad, the pace was just right for me; maybe some comic brackets were removed, they were anti-climatic.
Drawings and animations remain at a reasonable level and the characters manage to shine on his own.
Curious to see the face of his brother Nagi, when will understand that to coach his sister there was Arima, LOL!
Mar 29, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
Nagi is so cute. How will their performance turn out ?
Apr 4, 2015 2:29 PM
May 2012
Awww, Nagi is sweet~ She can do it ^^
I don't know what Kousei is planning, but I sure hope that it's something good. Watari, you are a good friend, too :D
Is Kaori streaming?? I can already see the ending, man.
Apr 4, 2015 8:39 PM

Jun 2014
Good luck Nagi!

I'm glad Watari got Kousei to go visit Kaori, but it looks like it makes Kousei feel a little worse...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 5:14 PM

May 2012
You thought we'd have a better ending this time? Guess again! God dammit they sure make some really mixed feels in this anime!
Apr 24, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
I guess Kaori's double suicide thing was real, but when Kousei didn't respond she played it off as a joke. And there were two scenes this episode that I started tearing up during (Kousei visiting Kaori and Seto talking to Nagi) that were ruined by an unnecessary comedic moment. The moment was funny, I laughed at both, but it was a mood-killer. Otherwise, though, this was a very, very good episode. Loved the ending. Can't wait to see Takeshi's reaction when Nagi comes out with Kousei xD And was that phone at the end with Kaori supposed to be so that she could hear Kousei play again, perhaps for the last time?
Aug 3, 2015 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
I actually thought this is a nice episode. I don't like Nagi at first but she's not that bad after all. The performance is really nice. I thought Jousei will like, overshadow her but it made her even better

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 13, 2015 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
This show is going to break me, I can tell
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Nov 27, 2015 5:17 AM
Nov 2015
She gets paler and paler :( Damn it!

Looks like there's another performance. Can't wait to see it. Kaori this is certainly for you!
Dec 9, 2015 4:30 AM

Apr 2014
Always look forward to the performances in this show! Its all very predictable, of course, but it sure sucks you in. I would laugh so much if Kaori lives. Trolllllllllled hard
Dec 18, 2015 3:09 AM

Jul 2014
I cried throughout the first half.
I don't think I have what it takes to finish this. I'll die crying.
Dec 30, 2015 12:53 AM

Jun 2009
Apr 15, 2016 12:38 PM
Mar 2016
I've taken a break from this show at this episode, because I have a feeling that the ending is going to leave me depressed, and I'm too busy right now for thatXD

So far the only time I've cried was the episode where he finally said goodbye to his mother (Episode 12, I think), so I'm pretty proud of myself.

This show really is something spectacular. The Soundtrack is flawless. Have never heard anything like it, and in this episode it really shined.
Also, I like Nagi:) She seems like she's going to become an important person for Kousei.
May 13, 2016 4:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Do you kill yourself with me? This is the first sentence of this episode.

--
¿Te suicidarías conmigo? Así es la primera frase de este episodio.
May 25, 2016 11:03 AM

Aug 2015
In this episode I started to like Kaori so there are progresses!
Nah, I can't bear the thought of kaori may die... Taht's so sad! She is so weak now and don't smile as much as she had been doing it earlier.

And Nagi's performance... (gambatte, Nagi!) And I don't understand one think; Arima will occure with her?

Sooo sad....
Jul 11, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
What is happening with Kaori is sad to watch.

I hope Nagi's performance succeeds!
Aug 27, 2016 3:44 AM

Jun 2016
"Would you commit double suicide with me" - Just kidding :c
Lets see how Nagi and Arima's performance turns out.
Oct 9, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2015

Poor Kousei, in between the irony and the cruel destiny of Kaori being reminiscent of his mother.
Another touching episode. In one side he tries to keep going forward as a pianist, and in the other he's troubled by Kaori's state... so much that he doesn't know who to talk to her anymore. Poor girl.

The time passes by, the days come and go as her hair grows longer and its colors go pale...

srafayms said:
"Would you commit double suicide with me" - Just kidding :c
Lets see how Nagi and Arima's performance turns out.

No wonder Kousei was lacking of words...
But considering her state... she could have said anything. Poor girl, I can't even grasp what anyone would do or think or act in a situation like that.
Feb 26, 2017 1:49 AM
Dec 2009
Watari shows his good side now and again, I wish we would get one episode from his point of view (like we did with Tsubaki). I feel like he already knows that Kaori and Kousei have a connection he can't replace, and he's not serious about Kaori.

I'm glad we're getting to learn more about Nagi and I'm glad that she's tied to Takeshi (so not a totally unique new character). At first I was afraid they had thrown in a totally new character!
Apr 14, 2017 8:44 PM

Apr 2015
Come on why don't they perform already ;;-;;

5 episodes left...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 24, 2017 3:57 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder what everyone's reaction will be when they see her with Arima xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 25, 2017 12:02 AM
Aug 2017
So glad that the "wanna commit double suicide wif me?" is a joke haha

Nagi is so kawaii. Lolicon clickbait HAHAHA.
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Jan 19, 2018 3:02 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really glad that yellow hair loli exists. Not only is she adorable but also because her being Kosei's apprentice makes me appreciate more Kosei's true talent as a pianist. He's besically to her what Kaori is to him without any use of force and violence and the comedy bit about them is actually funny.
Dec 31, 2018 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
Nagi is really runing this sthing for me, her sidestory is boring.
Mar 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
The double suicide is a joke... But what is not a joke is the fact that Kaori is contradicting herself later on when she told Kousei to reset. To forget about their experiences together and basically everything else about her. I know it's so that if Kaori were to die, Kousei won't have to feel devastated, but as Kousei thought. How could he forget the memories of her that's so engraved within his mind?!

Watari is a true friend, he will have Kousei's back when he knows something is not right about Kousei.

Kousei X Nagi??? Is this ship supposed to be relacing Kousei X Kaori? NO I say!
Apr 3, 2019 2:34 AM

Dec 2018
Kaori really becoming an opposite of what she used to be. I'm wondering if Arima's mother used to be like the old Kaori too.

Really Arima? Ur scared too perform on a small event like that? Moreover most of them is people that Arima didn't know except Aiza. Yeah it will be exciting to see Aiza's reaction.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 30, 2019 9:27 PM

Sep 2017
"I'm kidding." There goes the double suicide. Rest in peace Dazai fans. It must have taken a lot of courage to say something like "...and I'm sure Kousei will cheer up if he sees Kao." At the end of the day, Tsubaki probably does consider Kaori a rival. It's cute that Tsubaki is studying her ass off to get into a high school near the music school Kousei wants to go to. Nagi and Kousei are so cute together. It's nice seeing them both grow as a person because they have someone who gives a different take on life. Yeah, it's as I thought. Kaori probably won't make it to the end of the show. That will especially hurt someone like Kousei. If Kaori does end up passing away from whatever she has, that will be the second important musician Kousei has lost. Not a very good track record. He finally brought the canelés! And then he ate them, lol. I love the nurse reprimanding Kousei. Is the only reason Nagi let Kousei join her for the festival because he was groveling? That's a pretty good trade. One thing I'm noticing about this show is something I learned from, interestingly enough, Shokugeki no Souma, and it is a trend I see in a lot of shows. "Too great a talent will turn against itself in the end." It happened to Jōichirō, it happened to Kousei, and it may happen to Nagi if it doesn't get caught early. I can't believe I learned something actually decent from that show of all things. I think it is being able to grow past the fear of getting on stage that makes musicians such powerful performers in the first place. It's a fundamental part of playing on stage. "You're like a walking hard-on." Nice. That was an interesting performance with the animals. That namahage is terrifying.
Aug 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
I really... don't like that Kaori made the joke about the double suicide. It's really shitty to joke about things like that :/

She probably wasn't kidding and said that after seeing Kousei's face, but either way it's awful. Especially when she knows she is terminally ill and Kousei would do just about anything for her. She should want him to live, make beautiful music in place of her, and be amazed she had such an impact on someone. I'm not saying she should be happy she is dying but... man. Bringing someone into it that has so much more life to give for some weird, selfish request is gross.

Oct 12, 2019 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Nodame chan, is that you?!

asgardianOct 12, 2019 7:33 PM
Dec 14, 2019 10:53 PM

Oct 2016
Why do they make the little kids in the show so adorable?? That little Nagi, Koharu, the kids performing the instruments in animal costumes, not to mention other kids in previous episodes. XD
Jan 16, 2020 10:32 PM

Jul 2016
Oh? What's this? An episode I actually liked? Guess I gotta enjoy the moment while it lasts.
Of course, the misplaced comedy and Tsubaki are still there but at least, some sequences were actually interesting enough to be enjoyed such as the talk between Seto and Nagi and the scene with Kousei encouraging the latter before going on stage.

By the way, seeing Kousei showing determination to do something without being forced by someone else sure is a nice change of breath.
Apr 15, 2020 3:49 AM

Feb 2019
"Won't you commit double suicide with me?" is a line from Ichigo Doumei, I suppose?

So she finally told Kousei, but it seems she's still making it vague. "I'm not doing so well."

This is bringing so many unpleasant memories back to Kousei's mind, reminding him of his mother when she was dying. So much so that he could not bring himself to go meet her.

Watari's an awesome. Although Kaori keeps saying how she likes Watari or waits for him or wants to see him, he realises that it's really Kousei that Kaori wants. Whenever she needs something, she needs someone to rely on, it's Kousei. And the lengths she's gone to for Kousei's sake, things she's never done for Watari. It really is Kousei that Kaori has feelings for, or at the very least cares very deeply about.

But did they not show Kaori explaining to Kousei about her disease? Why did she mention that she can't hold a bow anymore as if Kousei understood (implied at least)? Or maybe she just said it right there and didn't explain back in the night.

It seems Kousei wants to do this school festival thing for something that has to do with Kaori. But I still don't know what, seeing how Kaori isn't even there. I like how the relationship between Kousei and Nagi is growing and developing. They (at least she did) started off hostile, but now it seems like they care for each other.

What's with the dark and depressing scene of Kaori in the end? It breaks my heart to see her like that... and then the ED hits.

I still don't think I'm ready to face what's coming.
Apr 30, 2020 6:02 AM

Feb 2018
This anime really drains feelings..
May 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Aug 2019
I liked this episode, if I ignore the whole "double suicide" part, 'cause that was just messed up. But, I like Nagi as a character and looking forward to the crowd's reaction to seeing her with Kousei.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
May 8, 2020 12:10 PM
Oct 2019
Wow, what an excellent episode. These last ~3 have been bangers.

This show went from a 9/10 early on, to me, all the way down to a 7/10 after episode 10 with all those overly dramatic inner monologues and repetitive flashbacks. But it's clawed it's way back up to 8/10 and I'm hoping it at least maintains that here on out.

Everything these last few episodes is constantly right in the feels. They hit their mark. They don't overdo it. They don't make it obnoxious or annoying. They just land body blow after body blow, and they all fit together very well.

Impressed with how Nagi's story is being developed. Tsubaki is working through her ish and trying to find a resolution. Watari realizes Kaori needs Kousei, not him, and keeps up the trend of providing surprisingly good advice. Kashiwagi, albeit a minor character, is pretty cool, calm, and collected, and pretty damn observant. Really like her character. While I'd love to see more of her, I think keeping her role limited is for the best in order to make her impact/observations more profound. Kousei continues his maturation. I'm liking him much more now.

(Note: Very, very few awful inner monologues and mom-flashbacks from Kousei...although, he's about to play at Nagi's school and who knows what'll happen then. PLEASE DON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!)

Jul 5, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2018
I can't wait to see how Takeshi would see Kousei with his sister xD
Dec 5, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2017
Watari's such a good bro for realizing that Kaori really liked Kousei than himself
Mar 7, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2019
"Just kidding, just thought I'd say it?"
How can Arima be so dense. 5 more episodes, please be a happy ending.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 18, 2021 7:08 AM
Dec 2020
It'll be exciting to see reaction of Takeshi being surprised by performance of Nagi and that Kousei is her mentor.
Also, we got to see great friendship of Watari and Kousei which we barely got to see until now.
May 12, 2021 12:19 AM

Feb 2021
Just kidding?!? Wow! 😐
This show is getting depressing by the minute. It is also becoming very slow paced and I'm kinda losing interest. :/
Seto and Koharu are gold XD
DeonXMay 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Jul 21, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2021
It feels as if everyone is kind of living their life again without Kaori being the main character of it. It's nice how they have been able to somehow move on, although I feel a little sad that Kaori doesn't receive visits as often as she used to...
Jan 10, 2022 7:49 AM

Jul 2021
It was to be expected, but Kousei really became a great tutor.
I'm curious to see how Takeshi will react.
asdasdsadad
Aug 27, 2022 8:43 AM
Apr 2022
So now we get to see Nagi and kosei practicing together for their concert. I'm just waiting to see how things turn out when Takeshi finally finds out about his lil sister teaming up with his rival.

Also i love this symphony opening better than the previous one. It definitely grew on me. Anyways a good episode.
Jul 6, 2023 12:06 AM
Jul 2021
main characters didnt get together
Aug 27, 2023 5:11 PM
Feb 2023
This one was almost too beautiful. Kousei doing for Nagi what Kaori did for him, while she slowly fades away in the background. It's so incredibly sad - so incredibly affecting.
Sep 8, 2023 7:40 PM

Mar 2023
watari voluntarily removed himself, no more rivalry!
Sep 24, 2023 12:16 AM
Jul 2021
Bro I am starting to really, really hate on that stupid brat loli, like b!tch please! You are taking way too much damn screen time away from the plot of the story smh.,,

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 10, 2023 4:50 AM
May 2023
This anime is my fav
Dec 17, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdamn this is making me cry
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.