Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2010
kenry13 said:
Well on a medical perspective, I suspected Kaori was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Classic symptoms, loss of balance, dropping items (Water bottle), irritability or sudden change in behaviour, inability to walk or weakness.

Yeah you're probably right. I had guessed Lou Gherig's Disease earlier, but that has a much slower progression and you never regain the movement you lose (since the neurons die). So if Kaori had LG's she wouldn't be able to regain her leg movement after she lost it, yet she did.
Feb 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
That last quote though
"Want to commit double-suicide with me?"
Feb 7, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
Emotional roller coaster ~~

Feb 7, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2012
yeap im ready for her death..
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Feb 7, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
Onodera-chan said:
After watching this episode and reading the final chapter, I just feel so lonely
Kaori :'((

DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER.

Kousei's face expression reminds a lot of Punpun.
Feb 7, 2015 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
I'm going to be so crushed if.....

No when she passes. It's not a flag anymore. I don't think Kaori will make it. And that makes it just so well structured. I know this isn't going to end well, yet I can't stop watching. I want to see Kousei grow as a person and overcome this. I don't know if he can, two tragedies in a person's life can be really hard, especially since he is younger than many when they lose someone.

Double suicide, I don't think Kousei would go through with it.

Kaori is so pale now D:
Feb 7, 2015 1:35 PM

Jun 2007
therumour said:
I really don't get why they keep building up a melancholy mood and then ruin it with out of place humor, though.

This. The back and forth between Kaori suffering from severe debilitating illness and then being well enough to run around like crazy, plus all of the use of SD...it really doesn't mix well.
Feb 7, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Kaori managed to get out of the hospital for a day.
Lol at the insane shopping and poor Kousei for having to carry all her things.
Seeing Kaori cry is hurting me too much.
That end though. Is she being serious?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 7, 2015 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
... good grief, I feel bad for Kousei. >_> Every frichen girl in the show is a colossal bitch to him.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 7, 2015 6:49 PM
Jul 2014
That last line threw me off. And then I realized it was a quote. It was an okay episode, but all the drama and misplaced humor is getting to me.
Feb 7, 2015 7:12 PM

Aug 2014
What is happening to Kaori's psyche?
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Feb 7, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
She was quoting a line.
I am certain she did not mean that.
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Feb 7, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
i got spoiled but i still don't believe it. idk

anyway, on this episode. holy shit, it's getting so dark and depressing. i wonder what the last 6 episodes will be like.
Feb 7, 2015 10:23 PM

Apr 2008
My heart is breaking...

This episode, the past few episodes rather, have been so beautiful and so emotional. Kaori's deterioration has been so well done and so depressing. I'm just... wow. This anime beautiful. All of these characters are so well flushed and multidimensional.

The telling of this tale is so sweet, so sad...

Feb 8, 2015 4:08 AM

Jun 2013
I fucking hate that shit when she said she was waiting for Watari but would instead settle for Arima. Also hate how Arima said she was into his friend bleh

Kaori is turning into his mother

ending was dark yo, even if it was just quoting something
Feb 8, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2013
Can't remember the last time I was that shocked just as the ending theme rolled. n___n I actually did not see that coming at all, even if Kaori's own death flags were obvious...

But yeah, what I really want to see is this show explore and tackle this development in the right way (if it even is a development - but at least I was convinced). If it amounts to nothing, this won't change my opinion much at all about the series. However, if it goes beyond that, it gives the show that bit of substance to push it past just a decent show for me.

Oh, and: SOMEONE PLEASE FIRE WHOEVER WAS IN CHARGE OF ALL "COMEDIC" SCENES IN THIS ANIME. PLS.
_AisuFeb 8, 2015 7:48 AM
Feb 8, 2015 1:18 PM

Jun 2013
TheTsunami said:
therumour said:
I really don't get why they keep building up a melancholy mood and then ruin it with out of place humor, though.

This. The back and forth between Kaori suffering from severe debilitating illness and then being well enough to run around like crazy, plus all of the use of SD...it really doesn't mix well.

I disagree, i think they need the comedic scenes because this anime is already increadably depressing, so i think they need the comedic scenes to balance the drama out and i think its being done fairly well.
Feb 8, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2007
SakurasouBusters said:
I disagree, i think they need the comedic scenes because this anime is already increadably depressing, so i think they need the comedic scenes to balance the drama out and i think its being done fairly well.

You can have light-hearted scenes without them being over the top silly or being completely out of line with the character's illness.
Feb 8, 2015 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
TheTsunami said:
SakurasouBusters said:

You can have light-hearted scenes without them being over the top silly or being completely out of line with the character's illness.

I dont think they are over the top silly though
Feb 8, 2015 5:38 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
rsc-pl said:
ImTheGuy said:
Woah that last line. No words..

"Want to commit double suicide with me?"

I hope that it was only a joke... :|

Saying stuff like that is not a laughing matter especially to Kousei. He lost his mother and probably knows that something is wrong with Kaori but doesn't want to accept it. I would have fallen to the ground in tears. He pretty much saw his mother in Kaori's position.

The scene where the doctors are explaining to Kaori's parents what she has is giving off bad vibes. They looked depressed and devastated, then it shows Kaori crying in her hospital room at night.

Aside from that there's Nagi. She has a big hate for Arima, but I think he can make her play even better.

I have a feeling that the show might repeat that scene where Kousei says good by to his mother, but only this time with Kousei saying good bye to Kaori. Hopefully I'm wrong and a miracle occurs but for now it's really going downhill for Kousei.
SweetKiichigoFeb 8, 2015 5:55 PM

Feb 8, 2015 9:02 PM

Jun 2013
Oh god, I can't believe she said that. I don't know how much more of seeing Kaori like this I can handle.
Feb 8, 2015 9:20 PM

Feb 2009
Why does Kousei have to live in sadness all the time?! It's so not fair to him....poor Kaori, I hope she was joking, but I can't imagine how watching yourself waste away must feel. Only he would understand her pain and she knows that.

Feb 8, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm. Commie's version translated the last line of the quoted material as "Will you come with me to find out how it ends?" Which is a lot less jarring than what a lot of people here are quoting, but perhaps more heart wrenching in this situation. I'm not sure which is the more accurate translation though.
Feb 8, 2015 10:01 PM

May 2013
Seems like the last like was a quote from a book? Wonder what the context is.
Feb 9, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
I hate everyone.
Feb 9, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2012
PaleBlue said:
Hmm. Commie's version translated the last line of the quoted material as "Will you come with me to find out how it ends?" Which is a lot less jarring than what a lot of people here are quoting, but perhaps more heart wrenching in this situation. I'm not sure which is the more accurate translation though.

The manga's was the double suicide, so yeah.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 9, 2015 8:11 AM

May 2010
Kaori unable to stand on her feet was very painful to see.

On the other hand, I am beginning to really like Nagi. She is really cute.

Man, Kaori is getting messed up... I love how this show is handling this side of her. This episode was truly brilliant.

Chelizzle said:

Okay episode,I like how they spent the day,but her rage at the end was rather unfitting IMHO.
2.5/5

What if you get told that you are going to die soon? Yup, think about it a little and you will get it.
Feb 9, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
PaleBlue said:

Well, Kaori was quoting the book she had been reading. (Ichigo Doumei/ Lifelong Alliance (probably, they don't have the kanji in the title so its hard to be 100% sure and some people say its alliance of the 15s)) She said shinjyuu which is "lover's suicide" double suicide was a terrible translation choice on Crunchyroll's part. Commie ditched the suicide all together and took what in my opinion is a more literary approach (and fitting for the situation) and kind of gets across that she is confessing her feelings for Kousei. But she is terrible at being honest with herself, probably even moreso since she is really really sick and wants Kousei to do the best he can do on piano.
A
LoyaloathFeb 9, 2015 1:14 PM
Feb 9, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
Woah, we pretty much got a confession from Kaori, asking Kousei whether he'd forget her waiting for HIM (and not for Watari). Whatever I was expecting this episode, it wasn't this.

Also, Kousei's seems to have realised Kaori's dying. He's trying to deny it in thought, but he sure picked up on her bag not being in school, and his actions such as visiting her late at night again, without saying a word, indicate he knows better (or worse).

All that's left really is Kousei to realise too that the Kaori's feigned affection for Watari is just a veil. She pretty much stated so, so he really should not need that much more time to figure it out.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 10, 2015 2:17 AM

May 2013
That last line though. I'm afraid that she can possibly mean it. I doubt Kousei would agree at least. Nagi should learn something from Kousei after that talking. She can't chase after Takeshi forever though.
Feb 10, 2015 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
PaleBlue said:

The double suicide thing is a direct quote to the novel shown few frames before.
Feb 10, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
KAORI IS SO PALE OMFG.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Feb 10, 2015 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
surfboard_ said:
(...)

@surfboard_

I can't stop seeing your avatar as a complacent girl with an axe planted into her back. Please change it if you want to be taken seriously.
LaionidasFeb 10, 2015 11:01 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 10, 2015 2:26 PM

Feb 2014
Feb 10, 2015 9:24 PM

Apr 2013
rip in peace.
Feb 11, 2015 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
I thought Kaori has been bed ridden for sometime and then she's out again at the hospital seeing Kousei...maybe she knows that resting for so long won't matter cuz of terminal? so she just go out whenever she can...

what kind of Disease does she have? ALS or somethin'?
matias067Feb 11, 2015 5:53 AM

Feb 11, 2015 7:09 AM

May 2014
I now get why Ano Hana has like 11 episodes. If that show keept going on, like Shigatsu is doing, I've had to refill my eyes with tears, and now A-1 is doing it again.
It's like someone on the A-1 Team said: "oh no, people haven't cried enough with Ano Hana, viewers haven't felt sad or depressed enough with only 11 episodes, lets make another show, with awesome animation -we very well pour money into the animation of every episode- and more episodes, and don't forget to keep everything ultra artistic to let people keep crying when they remember the show."

I just don't know. We've all had a bad time watching how Kousei lost her mother, and now, we're seeing it again but watching as an actually likeable MC goes away. Its like a doble combo to our hearts.

I wonder, whats going to happen between Tsubaki and Kousei if anything happens to Kaori?? and what's going to happen between them if nothing happens to her??

Me everytime watching Shigatsu:
PeterRois91Feb 11, 2015 7:14 AM
Feb 11, 2015 11:29 PM

Apr 2013
The last sentence is a quote people.. do you not know what " " means..?

same shitty slapstick comedy, guess I'll have to endure it a few more weeks
Feb 12, 2015 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to lose interest in this anime
Feb 13, 2015 5:48 PM
Feb 2015
why you lose interest and my god just about to watch episode 17 and i am reading kimi no iru machi that series will piss you off to no belief but still very good i love shigatsu
Feb 14, 2015 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
D'aww. Nagi is yearning for her brother. >.<
It is really sad to see Kaori just bursting out her feelings like that. It is like she is gonna die... and the situation reminds Kousei of his mom. MY goodness. All my feels.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2015 5:55 AM

May 2014
rsc-pl said:
ImTheGuy said:
Woah that last line. No words..

"Want to commit double suicide with me?"

She will definitely not give up on life this easily. But is still ... Q_Q
Feb 16, 2015 2:23 PM

May 2009
Hibiki07 said:
rsc-pl said:

She will definitely not give up on life this easily. But is still ... Q_Q

I guess it's a quote from the book that she read.
Anyway still serious sht... I'm hoping things won't turn out as bad as it looks atm.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 18, 2015 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
This anime...will make me cry rivers in the end, I know she will die, it's clear now...
Feb 20, 2015 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
"want to commit double-suicide with me" THEYRE ONLY MIDDLE SCHOOLERS MY GODD let them liveeee! Really liked this episode though, im all over the place ;_;
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Feb 22, 2015 6:05 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my god pls nooooooooooo

Feb 22, 2015 10:08 PM

Nov 2011
The reactions are going to be great if they're both dead in the next episode.

I know this may sound like an epileptic tree theory, but I'm considering it might be possible that Hiroko Seto really is Kousei's mother. I've commented before on how alike they look, and given that she and was close friends with Saki, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Kousei was adopted by her for some reason.

That could explain why Seto was so insistent on having Saki make Kousei into a pianist.

Having Seto call Kousei her son felt somewhat validating in terms of how legitimate a theory it is. However unlikely, I think that could be a fun route for the story to go, so I'll hope for that going forward.

So Nagi is Takeshi's little sister. I wonder how he would react if he found out she was learning at Kousei's hands.
Feb 22, 2015 10:53 PM

Aug 2014
TripleSRank said:
The reactions are going to be great if they're both dead in the next episode.

I know this may sound like an epileptic tree theory, but I'm considering it might be possible that Hiroko Seto really is Kousei's mother. I've commented before on how alike they look, and given that she and was close friends with Saki, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Kousei was adopted by her for some reason.

That could explain why Seto was so insistent on having Saki make Kousei into a pianist.

Having Seto call Kousei her son felt somewhat validating in terms of how legitimate a theory it is. However unlikely, I think that could be a fun route for the story to go, so I'll hope for that going forward.

So Nagi is Takeshi's little sister. I wonder how he would react if he found out she was learning at Kousei's hands.

That would be the best relationship in the whole story to be honest. I kind of noticed how Kousei looked more like Seto than Saki too.
Feb 27, 2015 1:21 PM
Jun 2013
I was able to anticipate just about everything in this episode because it was foreshadowed fairly well throughout the series and even the girl he's teaching I knew resembled Takeshi...But I did not see that last line coming AT ALL!!! Double suicide, wow for her to just come out and say that is wild. But also I'm really confused by her interest in Watari (as far as I can tell they have nothing in common and he lusts over every other girl right in front of her.) because she clearly has a deeper connection with Kousei. I couldn't imagine her saying those things to anyone else.

I wish she could have formed a romantic relationship with Kousei, and let it develop further as things went along.
Feb 28, 2015 12:35 PM

Nov 2014
Fuck what do you mean double suicide :'(
too many feels
Hi there
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.