Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2015 12:08 AM

Oct 2011
OMG OMG OMG OMG T___________________T
Feb 6, 2015 2:42 AM

Mar 2013
I sincerely think that Kaori should just go away, she's an anchor for Kousei. Yes, if she didn't had any problems and were healthy as hell, she would have been a great development and a great character. In my humble opinion, I never liked her to begin with, and it's not because she has ALS or SCA or whatever she has, that I'm supposed to like her more. I don't. It may be harsh, but except for the thing where she might have helped Kousei get over his mother's death (which she actually didn't, he did it by himself) she's an anchor for him. I would have prefered a competition between Takeshi and Emi, it would have been better.

But anyways, I'm just waiting for the time where she would become better and start doing music, for real, without "violence" towards Kousei or until she dies. Else they're dragging this serie just for her.
Feb 6, 2015 4:11 AM

Dec 2014
"want to commit double suicide with me?"
Feb 6, 2015 4:18 AM
Jan 2015
Words cannot express how amazed I am at this episode. It truly reflects the change in the show from the meaning of music to the meaning of our relationships. What was an enjoyable show about music has evolved into something far more profound and beautiful. Kousei will have to deal with losing the person who brought music back into his life in a way akin to the loss of his mother, so feels are promised in future episodes. If the series continues with such brilliant episodes like this one, it will definitely end up as my anime of the season.
Feb 6, 2015 4:27 AM

Jul 2011
The only question is "When?" :)
Feb 6, 2015 5:02 AM

Mar 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that when Kaori said "Want to commit double suicide with me?" and the other lines before that.... she was just quoting it from the book that was shown and for sure was just saying it as a joke
Feb 6, 2015 5:35 AM

Nov 2010
silverwalls said:
i wish they'd just tell us what kaori's suffering from. i think at this point everyone is aware that she isn't well, and might die.

My educated guess is Amyothrophic Lateral Sclerosis (remember the bucket challenge?)

Ryuu_Terminator said:
Words cannot express how amazed I am at this episode. It truly reflects the change in the show from the meaning of music to the meaning of our relationships. What was an enjoyable show about music has evolved into something far more profound and beautiful. Kousei will have to deal with losing the person who brought music back into his life in a way akin to the loss of his mother, so feels are promised in future episodes. If the series continues with such brilliant episodes like this one, it will definitely end up as my anime of the season.

Amazing how wildly opinions can differ. I thought it was the worst episode so far. Very bipolar in how it mixes humor and heavy drama, and very poorly.
KelvetsFeb 6, 2015 5:41 AM
Feb 6, 2015 5:47 AM

Nov 2013
rsc-pl said:
ImTheGuy said:
Woah that last line. No words..

"Want to commit double suicide with me?"

I hope that it was only a joke... :|

It has to be a quote from the book she is reading 8/8 m8.
Feb 6, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Why does this Anime do this? Why does it toy with my fragile heart so much? This Anime made me into a masochist... ;-;
10/10 ep ;-;
Feb 6, 2015 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
I never knew that this anime would end like this..............
Feb 6, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2013
Nagi best girl.

Arima being completely oblivious to Kaori's advances, I call bull on the "you're just a substitute" act. She doesn't want Watari, she wants Kousei. She's got too many things on her plate to admit it though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 6, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2013
nice episode!!! feel trip starts now.
Feb 6, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
Ahhh that ending :'(
Feb 6, 2015 8:14 AM

Jun 2012
If they end it like this it'll actually be not-bad
Feb 6, 2015 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
that's a ridiculous ending lol
Feb 6, 2015 9:06 AM
Oct 2014
Did anybody got goosebumps at the scene at the hospital when image of Kousei's mother and Kaori overlap?? I sure did

And that last line is clearly quoting from the book..... there could be hidden meaning though

The saddest part is maybe Kaori and Kousei only get to perform once together..and will not have another chance to do so again :((

And if Kaori actually dies... I don't know how Kousei would recover :((

mbahamoodFeb 6, 2015 9:21 AM
Feb 6, 2015 9:12 AM

Oct 2007
Kelvets said:

Amazing how wildly opinions can differ. I thought it was the worst episode so far. Very bipolar in how it mixes humor and heavy drama, and very poorly.

Some people just like drama for dramas sake. Honestly this is around where I stopped losing interest in the manga and stopped following it particularly closely because it kind of stops focusing on the music aspect and just drags out this Kaori is dying storyline so badly and for all the drama it can possibly muster. Honestly it has some interesting bits and potential but none of them that it really capitalizes all that well on and the way the anime just forever overblows the drama as much as possible kind of brings out some of the mangas more annoying tendencies.

Again though like I said some people are into that sort of thing and the drama for dramas sake, I just found it overwrought.
Feb 6, 2015 9:26 AM

Aug 2011
Ahhh no ... that ending :(

A suicide is committing the final act so maybe the double suicide means she wants to do a final performance together?
Feb 6, 2015 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Kelvets said:

Some people just like drama for dramas sake. Honestly this is around where I stopped losing interest in the manga and stopped following it particularly closely because it kind of stops focusing on the music aspect and just drags out this Kaori is dying storyline so badly and for all the drama it can possibly muster. Honestly it has some interesting bits and potential but none of them that it really capitalizes all that well on and the way the anime just forever overblows the drama as much as possible kind of brings out some of the mangas more annoying tendencies.

Again though like I said some people are into that sort of thing and the drama for dramas sake, I just found it overwrought.

We think the same thing. They could just have made it a lot more quickly, whatever's gonna happen next. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know (I can only guess) but if they're going to drag this out, this Kaori dying thing, it's going to lose any interest. Hell, the manga isn't about that, at least, that's the impression I got in the beginning.
Feb 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
I guess she's reciting one of those books or something. Either that or she's implying something else. After all, I don't see her seriously thinking about double suicide...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Feb 6, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
i though that this episode will bring revelations but it was a good episode after all so not upset.
"Don't be distracted by the what-if's, should-have's, and if-only's. The one thing you choose for yourself - that is the truth of your universe."
Kamina
Feb 6, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
RIP in peace Kaori.

Kousei x Nagi OTP
Feb 6, 2015 12:06 PM
Feb 2014
why is Kaori fronting?
She went from "I'm here for Watari" to "will you remember the girl who snuck out of hospital to see you?"
Why is she juggling the 2 best friends D:
Feb 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
Commit double suicide? I think she means it somewhat but she'll pretend it's a joke after seeing Arima's reaction.
Feb 6, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
Oh Kaori not having her bag meant that she isn't coming to school anymore, death flag imminet.

Relationshipwise, I begining to think that Nagi could be Kaori's replacement.

OMG, Kaori is staring to act like Kosei's mom.
Feb 6, 2015 1:35 PM
Sep 2014
That love umbrella at 9:30ish, were the names relevant?
Feb 6, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
While Arima is gradually glowing with bright colors, Kaori the one who repainted Arima's life is losing hers. I like how this show progresses its characters and I know whats going to happen next but I don't want it to happen...

Either way I have my tears stacked.

Everything is going to be daijobu
Feb 6, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus, just die already. This show tries to invoke feels but it really doesn't know how (unless you're an emotional teenager or something, the type that actually got sad from Clannad). Drama and tragedy is something that anime only rarely gets right, and most of the time it's in shows that aren't even tragedy-centric.

And that last line.. don't even get me started. That was cheap shock value through-and-through.
Feb 6, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2011
Chelizzle said:
Hmm I don't know why,but I don't really care that she's going to die.But I guess that's just me.

I'm feeling bad, but I don't really care too. .-.
She's the character that I like the least. I don't know why, I couldn't really relate to the characters from this anime, so I don't have a real attachment to them. But I still feel really bad for Kaori, and even if she isn't my favorite character I could shed a tear while seeing her suffering so much. And it's so sad for Arima too! He lost his mother and now he's going to loose the girl he likes?
This is so unfair! Q_Q
I like how they changed her appearance. Her lips are purple and her hair isn't colourful as before. When we see her, she's almost completely white D:
What the.......?
Feb 6, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
You can see her suffering. Her skin doesn't look healthy, too.
I like Kaori, but it seems that there won't be a happy ending.

Let's see how the other episodes will be...
Feb 6, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
For a moment I got confused with the beginning, I thought that that it was the first time when she got sick, but it was the continuation from the previous episode, these flashbacks weren't really helpful.

When will she tell the truth.
Feb 6, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2007
Silver4000 said:
For a moment I got confused with the beginning, I thought that that it was the first time when she got sick, but it was the continuation from the previous episode, these flashbacks weren't really helpful.

That wasn't continuation from the final scene of episode 15 (which occurred in the hospital), that was a flashback to the incident that put her in the hospital this time (the calendar still has the gala date on it not crossed off, and she is holding the piece that they were about to perform).
Feb 6, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
uhhh I really love this show but some parts off this episode were totally off, the scene on the bike where she started crying was totally off and they just threw it in there without any notice. and the line at the end was completely unexpected and completely unlike her character.
I think this show is still absolutely amazing but I think next episode will determine a lot about where the show will go in the end.
Feb 6, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2010
I noticed the first time Kaori was shown in the hospital that she looked really pale and also lost some colour in her lips. But I kinda saw the current developments coming, the show was clearly pushing it this way. Not a bad episode though.
Feb 6, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2014
Okay the last sentence she said threw me off

But I think she is just quoting from the book. Kaori skin also looks much paler compared to her first episode self.
Feb 6, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
The kids in this anime act so mature....
I like that
[spoiler][spoiler]
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 6, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
The quotes from the subs in her speech near the end made it seem like she was just citing someone or something else but still, that was a really weird way to end the episode...

On the plus side, way to go Kousei, you've beaten Watari in that one!!!
Feb 6, 2015 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Honestly this is around where I stopped losing interest in the manga and stopped following it particularly closely because it kind of stops focusing on the music aspect and just drags out this Kaori is dying storyline so badly and for all the drama it can possibly muster.

Not that I disagree with you on Kaori (never liked the "girl dying of some incurable disease genre" (and yes it is a genre - I know Kaioshin knows this, but for others less familiar)), but what really annoys me about the show is the childhood female friend, not Kaori. I think I could take the show if it was just Kousei and Kaori, but the forced "triangle" has really been the stake in the heart of personal enjoyment.

Which is a pity, this series (and manga) as you mentioned does have some high points. His rivals at piano competition, and this current arc with the young girl, I thought were well thought out, but for every good scene the author feels compelled to add two overly melodramatic scenes.
Feb 6, 2015 8:36 PM

May 2009
Hating to have so much drama
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 6, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
The drama in this anime is ridiculous even though Kaori quote from that book.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2015 1:05 AM

May 2013

Ooh this should be interesting. :D
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Feb 7, 2015 2:24 AM

Aug 2012
the last scene tho...geez every episode just breaks my kokoro
Feb 7, 2015 2:34 AM
Oct 2012
if anyone wants to read the novel she was quoting it's here and translated
https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/alliance-of-the-15s-by-mita-masahiro/
Feb 7, 2015 2:45 AM

Jun 2007
6 episodes left...I feel like they need to have Kaori's death take place within the next couple episodes, otherwise they won't be able to properly show Kosei moving from grief to acceptance of her death before the series ends.
Feb 7, 2015 3:03 AM

Oct 2013
I knew they were siblings! =_=

That last line, though. 0.0
Feb 7, 2015 3:32 AM
Feb 2015
Well on a medical perspective, I suspected Kaori was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Classic symptoms, loss of balance, dropping items (Water bottle), irritability or sudden change in behaviour, inability to walk or weakness.
Feb 7, 2015 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
I forgot that Aiza is Takeshi's last name, I didn't expect them to be siblings.

That was a clichè.
Feb 7, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
Seeing that last line in quotes, it's probably not serious... probably.
Feb 7, 2015 8:05 AM
Oct 2012
TravSavage said:
Seeing that last line in quotes, it's probably not serious... probably.

its a quotation from the novel "Alliance of the 15s" by Mita Masahiro, and if you read that novel you will see it almost definitely is serious, well worth reading if you're into this series because i think a lot of the inspiration for this came from that novel, its really amazing (i warn you though it is terribly depressing too)
Feb 7, 2015 8:20 AM
Oct 2012
therumour said:
It's obvious that Kaori's becoming more aware of how she's losing time to perform with Kousei. But instead of telling him about her illness, she makes it about him and lashes out at him like his mother did. What a mess.

I really don't get why they keep building up a melancholy mood and then ruin it with out of place humor, though. And now a girl with a brother complex? Seriously, how does this add to the story at all? Ugh

I really dont think its actually a brother complex since she said she was chasing after him but he was chasing after someone else (Kousei) so she just aspires to be able to play piano like him. and I quite like the out of place humor, i think i would not be able to bear watching it if it didnt have those moments in it.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.