Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2015 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
I want to like this show, i really do. But Aki is just SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 6, 2015 12:56 AM

Dec 2013
Aki is absolutely atrocious to watch, it's literally painful to listen to his rants when he's talking to Katou. Her reactions are brilliant, her deadpan delivery is comedic gold, but it is not enough to balance the annoyance that is Aki. The best part of this series so far has been Utaha, though Aki is more tolerable when he's interacting one-on-one with Eriri and even somewhat likable when he's one-on-one with Utaha.

I was expecting better from this series, but it's definitely one of the more bland and boring of the season. Not bad enough to drop yet, the OVA kind of got my hopes up for things to come, but it's really lackluster thus far.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Feb 6, 2015 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
Katou continues to win me over despite the episode hardly focusing on her. Her portion at the end was just so enjoyable for me. xD In particular, her "leave off the maybe" comment was priceless.

So "date" next episode? Well, that should mean more Katou. ^^
Feb 6, 2015 2:01 AM
Jan 2015
utaha likes aki, but he chose dream instead of love.
Feb 6, 2015 2:32 AM
Mar 2013

For some reason, I kinda know what kind of the anime adaptation for the new novel would be...
htsujiFeb 6, 2015 4:57 AM
Feb 6, 2015 3:11 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode . . .
Especially that scene after the ED . . .
Hilarious scene . . .
Feb 6, 2015 3:59 AM

May 2010
Is Aki really going to do something? Seems like like Utaha and Eriri are going to handle everything. Hope he can handle the money problems well.

Oh my God, Kato was there all the time. I didn't even notice. How can I ignore the best girl? That's a sin in itself.

"I go there about once in a month." LOL.
Feb 6, 2015 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
I find that the show's self-awareness of how annoying Tomoya can be at times is one of it's interesting points tbh. As long as Kato won't actually become like the main heroine he envisions and basically remains herself I'm very much looking forward to their interactions in particular.

As for Utaha, she seem's too perfect. Her flaws of interacting with her fans & such are just played for comedic relief, they're not actually there as proven in this same episode. I called her best girl after ep 00 but if she really is this perfect she's way too much of a best girl for her to actually be the best girl, if that makes any sense,lol.
Feb 6, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 2011
Did Utaha's editor chose Aki because she knows she likes him?

And there seems to be a flashback about Aki and Utaha. I wonder what it is?
Feb 6, 2015 10:18 AM

Oct 2014
Am I the only one noticing that Aki is starting to be straight up abusive to Kato? He yells at her in public for doing totally normal things and forces her to stay away from people he doesn't want. One of my friends had a fucking panic attack after reading my review cause I think it reminded them of a past relationship. What the hell is wrong with him?
Feb 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
And that's how the ultimate dating sim turned NTR.
Feb 6, 2015 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
Lol, man Aki is starting to act like a possessive predatory to Kato.
Feb 6, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
Rather boring episode but nonetheless was alright. Looks like Utaha is an official member of the circle after the interview she had to do with Aki, with his efforts to translate her responses into ideal interview content being pretty funny.

Aki and Co. are now in a pursuit for one million yen, I wonder if they'll get there in time. And even with MC's explanation, I still can't get a full grasp on why he would be so exasperated over Kato being with her cousin.

Looking forward to the next episode. When's the cousin girl, Michiru, coming already?
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Feb 6, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
At first i was like Utaho is best girl but then at the end i was like nah Kato is still best girl.

And yeah, Aki is starting to piss me off.
Feb 6, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2010
KittyDaFuhrer said:
Rather boring episode but nonetheless was alright. Looks like Utaha is an official member of the circle after the interview she had to do with Aki, with his efforts to translate her responses into ideal interview content being pretty funny.

Aki and Co. are now in a pursuit for one million yen, I wonder if they'll get there in time. And even with MC's explanation, I still can't get a full grasp on why he would be so exasperated over Kato being with her cousin.

Looking forward to the next episode. When's the cousin girl, Michiru, coming already?

Otaku are usually rather possessive about their waifus, so even an innocent thing like this may get them into RHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! mode.

Also, I simply can't get enough of kato's deadpan way of talking.

Also, this ep receives bonus points for the return of the twintail slap.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 6, 2015 4:11 PM
Feb 2014
Oh my god, that shigatsu wa kimi no uso reference was hilarious!
Feb 6, 2015 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Huh this show is actually getting better.
Its really weird that they would show such a shit diddled prologue to have the actual show be this fun to watch,
And it definitely falls under the category of not your typical harem show.
Looking forward to seeing more as this actually has quite a bit of potential.
Of course its not like it will skyrocket but it does pull through considering how many shows are good this season.
Feb 6, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
That cousin also looked like Kirito, damn he's multiplication.

Katou is still the best girl, tho I'm waiting for the music one, she seems nice.
Feb 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
Wordsmith said:
Otaku are usually rather possessive about their waifus, so even an innocent thing like this may get them into RHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! mode..

But not that possessive. He is downright abusive. I think Genshiken & Outbreak Company are much better at portraying otaku than this.
I like anime.
Feb 6, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Wordsmith said:
Otaku are usually rather possessive about their waifus, so even an innocent thing like this may get them into RHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! mode..

But not that possessive. He is downright abusive. I think Genshiken & Outbreak Company are much better at portraying otaku than this.

Exactly. Aki is a totally unlikable protagonist and he's getting worse.
Feb 6, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
This makes me wanna make my own anime! I mean I know they're designing a game, but talking about character designs and scenarios.... That's something I want to do!!
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Feb 6, 2015 8:37 PM

May 2009
Guys I think I'm in love with Kato...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 6, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2010
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Wordsmith said:

I know an idol otaku who changed his "waifu" because of something of this "magnitude" so I stand by my word.

You get all sorts of people

Guys I think I'm in love with Kato...

See that line that goes round the corner? Please queue up properly.
(also, I'm already thinking of getting Kato-dakimakura.)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 7, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
Wordsmith said:
I know an idol otaku who changed his "waifu" because of something of this "magnitude" so I stand by my word.

Sure . . . That must be one of a kind person, & definitely not what I call "usual" just like what you said.
I like anime.
Feb 7, 2015 1:15 AM

Aug 2010
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Wordsmith said:

Sure . . . That must be one of a kind person, & definitely not what I call "usual" just like what you said.

It's usual for asian otaku
Feb 7, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2013
Wordsmith said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

^
It's nothing new that they want all their idols virgins for life, and that they even treat to death some who decide to follow their love life.
It's just sick.
I had an example but I don't remember her name...
Feb 7, 2015 1:42 AM

Dec 2014
Wordsmith said:

If Katou is an anime/VN/game character then it makes sense given Tomoya's hobby. Not when she is clearly a real human in the story's universe. Even if this is Fumiaki Maruto's attempt of making fun of "Otaku taking purity of fictional characters too seriously" he is still missing the point.
raveninthemuddleFeb 7, 2015 1:50 AM
Feb 7, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
Katou going on a date with Aki OMG <3

Katou will have Aki all to herself while the others work his game : )

His game is on his way YAY!!!!
Feb 7, 2015 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
AaaaaaKun said:
Wordsmith said:

If Katou is an anime/VN/game character then it makes sense given Tomoya's hobby. Not when she is clearly a real human in the story's universe. Even if this is Fumiaki Maruto's attempt of making fun of "Otaku taking purity of fictional characters too seriously" he is still missing the point.

well, he seems to see both the RL kato (from his perspective) and his heroine as one and the same person. weird I know, but some japanese ppl are even idolizing seiyuu
Feb 7, 2015 4:01 AM

Dec 2012
Wordsmith said:

Is that so? So Aki is your usual Asian otaku? Wow . . .

Silver4000 said:
It's nothing new that they want all their idols virgins for life, and that they even treat to death some who decide to follow their love life.
It's just sick.

But that's a whole another different case. Yes, otaku are, in some degree, really possessive about their waifu/husbando/idol, but that does not mean they do that same thing with their close friends/loved one. Just like I said, Aki is an otaku in steroid. He is not your usual otaku. You want to know the realistic portraying of otaku, try Genshiken.
I like anime.
Feb 7, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Silver4000 said:
It's just sick.

But that's a whole another different case. Yes, otaku are, in some degree, really possessive about their waifu/husbando/idol, but that does not mean they do that same thing with their close friends/loved one. Just like I said, Aki is an otaku in steroid. He is not your usual otaku. You want to know the realistic portraying of otaku, try Genshiken.

Oh, Aki was clearly made for fun and a bit of parody.
Feb 7, 2015 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
Silver4000 said:

That's what I have been saying this whole time. Thank you.
I like anime.
Feb 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Finally it's date time, not expecting much since it's Kato after all, but I still hope for some development.
Feb 7, 2015 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
Even though most of the screen time went to Utaha this episode, Megumi still ended up providing the most entertainment.

Also, I love how they unabashedly abuse that tsundere model on Eriri and have Utaha call her out every time.
Feb 7, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2007
Silver4000 said:
Wordsmith said:

^
It's just sick.

You're probably thinking of Aya Hirano.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Feb 7, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
Ani-Blast said:
Silver4000 said:

^
It's just sick.

You're probably thinking of Aya Hirano.

Yeah, I think it was her.
Feb 7, 2015 3:05 PM

Oct 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Silver4000 said:

That's what I have been saying this whole time. Thank you.

There's a difference between "fun and parody" and portraying someone who is genuinely abusive but not using the narrative to criticize them at all. As far as we know Aki is gonna succeed while still being an awful disgusting person. That's not parody.
Feb 7, 2015 7:42 PM

Dec 2012
JustinTaco said:
There's a difference between "fun and parody" and portraying someone who is genuinely abusive but not using the narrative to criticize them at all. As far as we know Aki is gonna succeed while still being an awful disgusting person. That's not parody.

So you want the anime to criticize what Aki has been doing to Katou all this time? I do not think that's necessary. I mean, why?
You think a parody cannot have "an awful & disgusting person" in it? Why do you think that? I think this is just your own interpretation of parody.
I like anime.
Feb 7, 2015 11:29 PM

May 2011
I thout Eriri would be best girl, but Kato is making strong strides.
Also, I cringe whenever I see only 11 episodes for this season.
Feb 8, 2015 4:12 AM

May 2014
Fun episode, can't get the opening song out of my head.
Feb 8, 2015 4:18 AM

May 2013
Aki definitely overrated but it's just for the sake of comedy lol. He doesn't even expect Katou to agree to the data after that as you can see by the questions he asked at the very end.
Feb 8, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
LOL episode is LOL. Megumi still best girl. xD
Dem interviews, can't stop laughing!
Was that Aki and Michiru in the flashback?
Aki's overreacting was really annoying. If I were Katou, I would gladly to smack him in the face. Katou's patience is godly.
Feb 8, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Plenty of Utaha this week, and the circle has finally been established.

Next week is more Kato <3
Feb 8, 2015 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was so stale. The only scenes that are worthwhile are Kato's, and even at that Aki's rants are becoming progressively more irritating. As much as I like Kato as a character, I don't think she'll be able to carry the anime unless it starts focusing on her significantly more.

This story might have been decent or even good if she was the protagonist.

I think I'll drop for now. I might pick it up again later to give it a final chance, but watching this is becoming more of a chore than anything. The lack of analytical interest combined with waning enjoyment due to lack of Kato doesn't give me any reason to keep making myself come back.

I don't think I've ever seen a show that hinges so completely on one element to keep my interest.
Feb 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2008
Man! I laughed so hard on the part 18:10 "You can't be NTR'ing me like this!" (Saenai-Subs)

Feb 10, 2015 2:40 AM

May 2013
Pretty decent episode. I'm not surprised that Eri and Utaha finally agreed on helping Aki in his game. I guess he can be a slave to them until he finally succeeds.

Next episode sounds like it's gonna be fun.
Feb 10, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
Man is this show going anywhere? It's so slow, but not really in a good way.
Feb 10, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but kinda slow.

Was hoping we go full gear since episode 0.

I lol'd at Kasumigaoka hitting her foot at the beginning XD

So Kasumigaoka's game is based on her relationship with Aki. I wonder if he knew it, or trying to bury it within his heart.

Still being a light novel writer and game scenario writer seems a lot of pressure :O

Eririr with her usual Tsundere. Lol i was about to say what was Katou supposed to do with just the three of them planning.

Though Aki seems overprotective of Katou. It kinda irritated me how he keep saying these crazy things loud in class like it was nothing. Glad Katou didn't mind it.

Though whenever it comes to Aki. Katou seems to do anything for him.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 11, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Wordsmith said:

Silver4000 said:

He is not your usual otaku. You want to know the realistic portraying of otaku, try Genshiken.

That. He's way over the top, and that's what brings the laughs in this show, and thats why I liked this episode. The funny parts are really funny because I know nothing on the show is accurate.
PeterRois91Feb 11, 2015 12:43 PM
Feb 11, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
Damn it, I dont know if I can stand Aki's attitude anymore than this. Katou Megumi is the only reason I'm still watching this show. "sigh*
Claude_KennyFeb 11, 2015 3:13 PM
Keep moving forward
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

316 by Kcisdumb »»
May 4, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.