Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 6, 2015 5:46 AM

Jan 2013
Murano has indeed become an annoying character, whose that little development she has, is due to Shinichi's. She just happens to get screen time in every episode, showing a sad face and crying over Shinichi, and not doing anything for it. Hell, she wastes show's mintues away even. And in this episode, I've run out of ideas to think what shes going to do in the park.
Feb 6, 2015 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
-Klad- said:
Murano has indeed become an annoying character, whose that little development she has, is due to Shinichi's. She just happens to get screen time in every episode, showing a sad face and crying over Shinichi, and not doing anything for it. Hell, she wastes show's mintues away even. And in this episode, I've run out of ideas to think what shes going to do in the park.

Think of Murano more as a plot device than as a actual character with development. At least this is how I thought of her so far.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Feb 6, 2015 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
-Klad- said:

Think of Murano more as a plot device than as a actual character with development. At least this is how I thought of her so far.
Even as a plot device, she's not even relevant. Shinichi just steps over her resolve as always
Feb 6, 2015 7:07 AM

Jun 2009
Kolios said:
Spotting Shin'ichi on the moving bus is not so unbelievable. I, myself, have been on walks and spotted familiar faces on passing buses many times. When it comes to recognising faces, humans are number one. They see faces in things that aren't even faces which is also why emoticons work.

There are quite a few issue with the scene, we see Shinichi is facing with his back to the window, but for some reason his face break science with how it is visible, and no it is not just him being able to break his neck, since we also see a clip with the direction is face is pointing from the other side. Then for some weird reason the window where he is visible it is more clear than all the other windows, quite a poor way of handling it. At last we have Murano turning her fast unbelievable fast, because they don't give the same slow motion treatment to her.

In the end Madhouse did a bad job in this, but even worse they cut screentime and made changes to Murano again that just make her a hated character in the anime. If Madhouse was willing to do 24min instead of 22, there are so many scenes that could have been done better :-/
Feb 6, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
mrdkreka said:
Kolios said:
Spotting Shin'ichi on the moving bus is not so unbelievable. I, myself, have been on walks and spotted familiar faces on passing buses many times. When it comes to recognising faces, humans are number one. They see faces in things that aren't even faces which is also why emoticons work.

There are quite a few issue with the scene, we see Shinichi is facing with his back to the window, but for some reason his face break science with how it is visible, and no it is not just him being able to break his neck, since we also see a clip with the direction is face is pointing from the other side. Then for some weird reason the window where he is visible it is more clear than all the other windows, quite a poor way of handling it. At last we have Murano turning her fast unbelievable fast, because they don't give the same slow motion treatment to her.

In the end Madhouse did a bad job in this, but even worse they cut screentime and made changes to Murano again that just make her a hated character in the anime. If Madhouse was willing to do 24min instead of 22, there are so many scenes that could have been done better :-/

Do you think the anime con finish the entire story of the manga in 7 episodes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
how are they going to wrap this up in 7 episodes? I love the show, its extremely entertaining but its kinda all over the place.
Feb 6, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
HOLY THAT HALF FACE was the creepiest thing ive seen in a while. The OST was so damn good

RIP Detective...you did good.

WHATS WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH?
Feb 6, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
wow the way Reiko kill the other parasytes - so crazy
feel so bad for the detective and is family :X
Murano looking for Shinichi = troubles

so what Reiko want from Shinichi? (something with the baby for sure)
and now everyone looking for her, wondering why she
ran from Murano instead of just kill her......
cant wait to see what will happen next :O
NisxFeb 6, 2015 1:10 PM
Feb 6, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
E_1999 said:
how are they going to wrap this up in 7 episodes? I love the show, its extremely entertaining but its kinda all over the place.

probably ending with a cliffhanger
(at least i hope so).
Feb 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
Nisx said:
E_1999 said:

probably ending with a cliffhanger
(at least i hope so).

Actually it will be pretty clear how it will end in episode or two. There was one thread discussing the end of manga, and I am not spoiling, but things were rounded up. Don't worry, there won't be a cliffhanger.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Feb 6, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2010
mrdkreka said:
Kolios said:

Shin'ichi's back was more at a diagonal angle to the window than fully facing it, and his head is turned more to his left side so the left side of his face was visible. I saw no problems with this. Even then, it doesn't break the neck to keep it turned a quarter of a circle to one side, especially considering he is a superhuman.

As for the "window lighting", the whole bus was dark, but then the scene "lights up" like a light turning on. Just done for emphasising her noticing something, I guess. Shouldn't dwell too much on that, like the world doesn't suddenly light up in real life.

And turning your head to one side only takes like 1 second, and before that, your eyes will let you see to the side first before you complete the turn. You can try to time yourself with this. I doubt the bus would've been fast enough to pass by her in less than a second.

And you misattributed the quote >_< How now can my name be echoed through the ages for being the extraordinary human who can spot people in moving buses? (; ̄Д ̄)
Feb 6, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Please allow me the pleasure to reiterate my point, yet again, on how utterly stupid Murano is. You go to the house of the boy you like, and a mysteriously unknown lady walks out the door. You ask who she is, whether she knows Shinichi, she doesn't say she does, nor does she even introduce herself as anyone related to him, and even though she was previously a teacher at your school, you don't friggin' recognize her even a little??? Then, you proceed to spill your guts (metaphorically of course) to this mysterious lady who could potentially be a crazy alien, like the ones that you've previously encountered at school and stuff...... seriously???
Then when said lady tells you Shinichi will come back to you, no timeline or anything, you first seem to believe her, but at the first sighting of Shinichi on a bus, you go run after him....... all the way to ANOTHER TOWN (seriously, how the hell could she run so fast? She caught up to a friggin' bus), where you catch sight of your ex-teacher again, and try actively following her instead, but lose her somewhere in the suburbs, so then you just HAPPEN to think, oh I'll just sit around in this park in the middle of another town, why? Did she know he was in the park? Did she not think to call him up? This girl's actions have me so damn confused right now...... and for the few moments she was tailing Reiko, I suddenly felt a huge urge to cheer on Reiko to find her and cut her head off..... why? because her characterization was so damn stupid!

By the way, Reiko's fight and how she utterly outsmarted the stronger Parasite was awesome to behold. Pretending to be a Japanese urban legend running round with half a head was really funny to see!

Then I have to comment on how utterly stupid that dumb couple was for running after her.... if she had been anyone other than Reiko, they'd be Parasite food already....

Sigh... I can't believe how utterly stupid nearly all the side characters in this show are...

I like the way you think.

Like, I just want Murano dead. I have since the first 5minutes of her introduction. Okay maybe thats too harsh, i have since the moment she asked Shinichi if he was really him. Like stfu bitch. She's soooooo annoying. Kana was an annoying ass bitch too but a little less so than Murano. In the end...both should die. I'm tired of these dumbass high school girls. Murano's friends are dumbasses too.

Shinichi needs to transfer. Hopefully to someplace with girls that are not complete dumbasses.
Feb 6, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
Inugirlz said:
Shinichi needs to transfer. Hopefully to someplace with girls that are not complete dumbasses.

It's either his school is cursed with the dumbest broads in Japan, or every girl gets proportionally stupider with Shinichi and Migi getting smarter, so it wouldn't make a difference if he transfers.

Murano can't top the glasses girl in stupidity, though.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 6, 2015 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
Tamura is such a great character. Despite of her development, I hope she stays as a main villain till the end. The show is lacking of it.

bastek66 said:
-Hatsu- said:
WHY ISN'T MURANO DEAD YET ?!

Because she's isn't as stupid as Kana.

Right in the kokoro. Rekt.
ImpalaFeb 6, 2015 11:28 PM
Feb 7, 2015 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
That detective started the chaotic situation for Reiko even since he got asked by her to carry out a job >.< I would prefer the police to be on the location when Reiko killed the 3 parasites so they could maybe see her as an ally OR even when the detective is trying to kill the baby and thus got stabbed by her.

It sucks to have a bounty on your head.
Feb 7, 2015 7:39 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait
Feb 7, 2015 9:07 AM
Apr 2014
hmm still the same opening. Guess we won't get another one at this point. Not that I dislike it but I was curious what they'd go for in the second half.

Damn. Didn't expect Tamura Reiko to actually survive this 1 on 3. She's really strong even if she was "just" smarter than her enemies.

That stupid fucking detective... What made him think it would be a good idea to turn his back to a parasite he just threatened. Even if she didn't care about the baby there was no guaranty she would let him live just like that. And why did Tamura call Shinichi to that place? That end was really unsatisfying D: What does she want from Shinichi in that situation? Can't wait to see what she is plotting. She just gets too much screen time lately for a side character. There has to be a goal for her.
Feb 7, 2015 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Nice Episode again...Can't wait for the next..He has one of my favorite manga scenes..

The scene with reiko laughing with half head animated was pretty hilarious xD and the guys looked like complete idiots who followed her...In the manga it made more sense because reiko run in the city and many people saw her with half head and they called the police because a half head monster was running into the city..Then the police officers found her like the guys in the anime and she did that with the empty head..But i guess they did it like this for time reasons
Feb 7, 2015 11:33 PM

Sep 2011
Dat ending...tamiya vs shinichi incoming? I don't see her surviving till the end. Nice episode showcase tamiya motherly instinct.
Feb 7, 2015 11:45 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was better than the past few. The series could probably still go somewhere with Tamura, so I'm glad she's getting some character development. Her goofing and empathy shows her becoming more human, even more so than Migi (who didn't even understand the signal he was receiving from her late in the episode).

Still, the side characters like Murano and Kana are dragging out the narrative without adding to it. Is there any point in focusing on them further? I feel like the law of conservation of detail is being violated in this show.

The OST in this episode was pretty nice.
Feb 8, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode. I got the feeling that Tamura will give the baby to Shinichi.
Feb 8, 2015 4:37 AM

Feb 2013
I've been thinking about this ever since I heard the song in Parasyte for the first time but isn't it awfully close to the Blade Runner End Titles track? (I'm speaking about the one close to the end of the episode.)
TheSusurrousFeb 8, 2015 4:40 AM
Feb 8, 2015 7:42 AM
Dec 2014
yoneco said:
The cliffhangers are killing me.

Tamura Reiko best female antagonist (that I've seen in a while).
Glad to finally hear 'BLACK NAIL' in the show.

This ost is amaaaaazing 😍 😍
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2015 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Great ending cliffhanger! Makes me really excited for next weeks ep! woohoo! :D
Feb 9, 2015 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
One on Three, Reiko wins, such badass and har character development is marvelous. Madhouse never fails to deliver.

Feb 9, 2015 2:21 AM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Madhouse delivered

Best moment in the series, even better than Shinichi's penis hand.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 9, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2014
Tamura Reiko is dabes.<3
And then Migi. Fuk humans
Feb 9, 2015 3:32 AM

May 2013
I'm just hoping that after that cliffhanger, something awesome will come out of their encounter. Like exchanging blows in front of the cops or something like reasoning out with each other while Murano is on the sidelines.
Feb 9, 2015 8:00 PM

Jul 2007
I have....the strangest crush on Tamura Reiko right now. It's been building since she was our MC's teacher, rival, and strangest supporter.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Feb 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Feb 2010
This show is great.

Reiko is such a fascinating character. I love her little feelings of "humanity."

NO idea what's going to happen next.

Ani-Blast said:
I have....the strangest crush on Tamura Reiko right now. It's been building since she was our MC's teacher, rival, and strangest supporter.

I knoooooo. It's weird, but I feel the same way.
Feb 10, 2015 7:20 AM

Aug 2011
Reiko just keeps getting more and more awesome. Plus she cracks me up so bad; I was laughing so hard I scared my cat. Dat crazy laugh as she runs around with only half of her head xDDDD
I got some vibes like she's planning to give her baby for Shinichi to look after or smth...

Too bad about the detective, though.

And Murano can go to Hell or mind her own business for once already. I really wish some parasyte killed her off. Yea, like s**t you can notice your crush on a MOVING bus, speeding by. You're just a creepy creeper.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Feb 10, 2015 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
still loving Tamura Reiko. even more! she's truly well made. (and still don't understand why Murano gets all the hate.)
Feb 10, 2015 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Reiko is growing on me. She's an amazing character and even though she's a parasyte I'm really hoping she won't end up dead (I fear that's going to happen).
Murano is very close to being in the danger zone. I mean, she was always close but now she's not that far of discovering the truth.
Feb 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Oct 2014
Reiko is really something else, she's my favourite character after all.
She's becoming more and more human and a mother- still needs to learn how to hold the baby though :D

Too bad the inspector died but at least he didn't tell them Shinichi's name.

Something might happen to Murano now that she's there, or she might learn the truth
Feb 12, 2015 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
Personally I would run in the opposite direction instead of following a person with half a head, but that's just me.

Yeah, characters in this show sometimes remind me of the stupid characters in horror movies xD
Feb 13, 2015 3:57 AM
Dec 2013
Murano as useless as ever

Reiko is easily the best female character on the show !
absolutely loved how she outsmarted her people
Feb 15, 2015 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
Tamura... what a crazy... that laugh!
Feb 16, 2015 12:07 AM
Mar 2012
Suddenly i'm watching some yokai folklore, that's flipping funny.
Some deep Reiko characterization, no need to contrast with a bland Murano, though the snow does give that melancholic feel while bench warming.
Feb 24, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
RIP Detective Kuramori
Mar 9, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2009
Mar 12, 2015 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Reiko is the best!! wow that was entertaining to watch, that was so smart. Her laugh though is as creepy as hell

bastek66 said:
Madhouse delivered

I had a feeling he might do something to the kid but I'm glad that didn't happen. I still have no idea why Murano is there tbh :/
Mar 21, 2015 2:26 AM

Sep 2014
Reiko is a genius. Taking on those three parasytes and killing them with such precision. It made sense that she couldn't win through brute strength so she had to use strategy. That fight scene is probably my favourite one in the series so far although a few others come really close.

I think Reiko is adapting to her environment and as a matter of fact is becoming more "human"in a way. I think she will reconcile with Shinichi in some way.
The character development of Reiko has been very well done.

The idea of "Parasytes"is brilliant. I think I'm going to create my own roleplay game of it or something and use google earth/maps as a playing field.

Also does anyone know the song that starts at 6:40 in this episode?
Platinum-PalaceMar 21, 2015 2:31 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Mar 26, 2015 11:55 PM

Feb 2014
That laugh and those faces .. freaky.

Tamura is getting more and more emotions. She's getting more interesting.
Apr 3, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2012
Impressive episode with great action and story development!
Apr 11, 2015 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
gaaaaah another cliffhanger
too much pulling
i've watched too muchhhhh
Apr 18, 2015 5:51 AM
May 2012
Damn, Reiko is badass!! That laugh ahahaha.
Rest in peace now, Detective Sherlock Holmes~
Reiko is changing that I don't want her to die now.
Apr 20, 2015 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
I honestly don't remember Murano being this annoying in the manga.
May 7, 2015 7:56 AM

Mar 2013
omg at the laugh. Her fighting was very well planned. I like that she's showing a loving emotion. I can't wait to see what happens between her and Shinichi.
May 27, 2015 6:57 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
What a laugh lol xD
So detective died as I immagined.
Now I guess it will be Reiko's turn. Since i really started liking her she surly will die, its always like that *sob*

Surprised she got somewhat of a mother instinct.

Shaikan said:
LOL, Tamuras scene was hilarious, but I find other characters acting illogical. Like, why did this couple follow half-headed Tamura? Why haven't they called an ambulance at the end? There was always a chance that the detective could've survived.

It's like in Horror movies. You know something bad is happening. You hear a rumor ... and first thing you gonna do is split up and go check.
Sometimes I really think there are 2 sort of people in a dangerous situation. The ones that start running like there is no tomorrow and the one that are just to courious to check if they are safe

Jun 1, 2015 3:10 AM

Apr 2015
Man that laugh...
Reiko's character is definitely interesting, the way she protected her baby, seems like she's becoming more 'human'.
Poor detective, R.I.P.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.