Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2009 5:24 PM

Jan 2009
I think, somewhere between the end of the first and in the beginning of the second season, I stopped trying to analyze what I'd just seen.
Instead, I'll enjoy my weekly those of a jerk who just doesn't know when to stop, combined with increasing hopes for a nice boat.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 8:44 PM

Jun 2007
@Oosran - I think you just contradicted yourself. a few posts back you said
So anyway, now I'm actually seriously hoping for a nice boat-ending D:
and now your saying
Instead, I'll enjoy my weekly those of a jerk who just doesn't know when to stop, combined with increasing hopes for a nice boat.
. Seems like you're a flip flopper ;).

And to answer your question about why people come up with theory's, it's because it's fun to speculate :). I do it because I want to know what other people think. If they're thinking the same thing as me or if I'm over analyzing.

@noteDhero - There's plenty of info, it's just scattered and not as clear as you'd expect from a romance drama. This is one of those slow shows where it feels like nothing is being explained and then at the end it all just clicks and makes sense whether you like the outcome or not. Kind of like Chaos;Head...although that wasn't a romance drama and the ending did indeed suck.

With all that said, I have doubts that anyone will kill Touya. I really don't expect anyone suiciding either...well Haruka maybe. And if there is a suicide it's still not even close to School Days or "Nice Boat" so people need to STFU about that. Not every romance drama that comes out this decade is going to be a blood bath cluster fuck like school days. That was a once in a blue moon type deal.
Dec 4, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
And you know what I gave Chaos;Head? A 3/10. LOL.

When I say "they've built up a lack of information" I mean that they create mystery by opening up large plot holes. Yayoi starts acting shifty, what's going on? 6 or seven episodes later, after a vague letter or two, we find out she's being stalked. Misaki hints at a relationship with Tamaru and freaks out when Touya tries to kiss her during the play? Next season we find out she was taking money from his father, but still don't know why. Yuki mentions that what Touya remembers as their first meeting isn't correct. Vague flash backs, and 15 or so episodes later, we're still not exactly sure what that means, though we have entertained ourselves with guess.

This is what I'm talking about. The main motivation/characterization for each player is obscured. It's frustrating, because really, there can't be any development for the characters because we don't know where they're coming from, yet it's entertaining solely because we don't know what to expect. That's why the revelation that is soon to approach has to be, "That's GENIUS!" enough to make the wait and the dramatization feel satisfactory. Chaos;Head didn't do that to me. They just shoveled a lot terrible sci-fi/fantasy garabage ala Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, and tried to pretend like anything was even least bit coherent and structured.
Dec 5, 2009 1:34 AM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
@Oosran - I think you just contradicted yourself. a few posts back you said
So anyway, now I'm actually seriously hoping for a nice boat-ending D:
and now your saying
. Seems like you're a flip flopper ;).

Actually, I don't really see how I'm contradicting myself, since I'm still more or less hoping for such an ending.
Oh it might be the use of that "enjoy".. Maybe I should've just written it simply like "every week there's this jerk who's just too jerkish", and not even included the word "enjoy".
Ah well, tl;dr I've been for a nice boat since a bunch'a episodes back.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 6, 2009 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
I like DeathfireD's theory. Pleaseeeee let everyone be related and Touya kill himself over it! That will make me raise this show from a 3/10 to a 4/10. Alternatively, have everyone die. This show is so horrible but I can't stop watching.
Dec 20, 2009 5:00 AM

Apr 2008
gawd ... how many girls have he kissed ?

Jan 26, 2010 8:33 AM

Aug 2008
I thought Touya is going to be a real man for not being seduced...yet....ugh...he's doing it again...aww he's really suck...
Feb 3, 2011 3:58 PM

Apr 2009
He doesn't want to do it at first but ended up doing it anyway, because it's like drinking water and breathing air (according to his thoughts), oh yeah its only natural! Okayyyy I don't know what to think anymore...LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 11, 2012 5:11 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, Haruka is so bold this episode~
Dec 22, 2012 3:56 PM

Dec 2007
Why is everyone trying to protect that asshole Touya? Anyway he refuses to have sex with Haruka, then does it anyway... I think he's finally seeing that he's hurting the other people, but it's too late. He does whatever he wants to do, and something bad will probably happen. I still think that his father will die in the series. Maybe that will change him or Yuki.
Feb 20, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
HRisa said:
oh great...Touya and Itou Makoto must be relatives :D

Lets not compare this loser to a legend like Makoto.

unlisted said:
huh? I'm starting to get lost....

Mhm... tell me about it.
Aug 20, 2013 1:26 AM

Jul 2013
That was a shocker though I know I shouldn't get surprise anymore of who Touya decides to screw around with. Though I thought maybe Touya thought of Haruka like a sister or something. WTF.

I just hope he won't do it with Rina since I do like her. I'm glad they missed out on a chance between Yuki and Touya. Just leave Yuki and Rina out of it.
Dec 8, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
When Haruka came back from the shower and he refused her, I was like: I knew he couldn't be that bad! He doesn't wants sex from anybody and he knows Haruka is someone he must take care of and can't ruin it!.... and then he had sex with her....
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Apr 12, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2012
Wait that girl with the guitar can actually speak O_O I thought she was mute...

It really saddens me more to know that such people like Touya actually exist...
Apr 22, 2015 1:10 AM

Feb 2013
Touya knows he hurt Rina but doesn't know why. LOL! Maybe if you didn't put your dick in every hole you see you wouldn't have any problems would you? The only girl left Touya hasn't touch is Mana. I doubt she'll get kissed or anything because she's too young for him I think.
May 18, 2015 10:50 PM

Aug 2014
Nano1124 said:
Touya knows he hurt Rina but doesn't know why. LOL! Maybe if you didn't put your dick in every hole you see you wouldn't have any problems would you? The only girl left Touya hasn't touch is Mana. I doubt she'll get kissed or anything because she's too young for him I think.

Shes only like a year or two younger than him. She just looks really young. Shes a senior in HS (I know, the first time I saw her I thought she was in Middle). Also, the age of consent back then was much lower than it is today, so age was not a problem.
oooo3333May 18, 2015 10:56 PM
Apr 20, 2019 12:17 AM

Aug 2017
I thought Touya was going to squander his chance with Haruka. But he manned up and got the job done. Strong work, Touya. Seal the deal with Rina now!

Sep 11, 2021 5:22 AM

Aug 2014
I really loved Haruka's body when she was in the nudee (her curves were yummy).
Oct 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
Well, with Haruka out there is no decent character in this show anymore.
I didn't expect anything anymore since the plot is just a pile of nonsenses.

My only hope is Frankie and his punch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Dec 24, 2009

131 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 5, 2009

52 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 6, 2009

62 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 30, 2009

61 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

40 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.