Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite an interesting episode actually. But still, Slaine's position really puts him behind others imo compared to others. Inaho's battle plan is also becomes in motion.

For overall development..and Slaine in those Martian clothes...Yeah, he is dead on with where is alliance lies now. I wonder what the real princess thinks about all this but she's still in that coma.
Stark700Jan 31, 2015 8:04 AM
Jan 31, 2015 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
Count Slaine Saazbaum Troyard.

Oh shit

- my reaction.

Jan 31, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2015
every episode I watch, I'm increasingly sure Slaine has nothing to do with characters mecha genre.
There is not the least doubt that his presence in the anime, it is only to please female fans and yaoi.
summarizing Slaine is typical, cliche character shoujo
seujair31Jan 31, 2015 7:50 AM
Jan 31, 2015 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
So they captured the count from the OP. Well he's gonna find out the truth about Sazbaum no doubt. That's his role.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite an interesting episode actually. But still, Slaine's position really puts him behind others imo compared to others. Inaho's battle plan is also becomes in motion.

For overall development..and Slaine in those Martian clothes...Yeah, he is dead on with where is alliance lies now. I wonder what the real princess thinks about all this but she's still in that coma.

SHe's going to reject the monster he's become
Darklight0303Jan 31, 2015 8:30 AM
Jan 31, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
Book-kun was completely different from what I magined he would be.

and did Slaine just take out Trident base by him self O_O wow.
Jan 31, 2015 9:14 AM
Jan 2015
This is the first time that it comes here, but it is universal that entering it is shit a Slaine.
Entering it is season2, and it wants to only evaluate the thread that it hold it in season1, and was only drained that only this grew up.

I am sorry in a poor English sentence.
Jan 31, 2015 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
this only proves that the Director is drawing a parallel as I predicted. clearly wanting demonstrates the popular saying - The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.
Slaine with your fake smile of plastic and fake emotions, hiding your true self, Slaine is serdonado increasingly sober and monstrous, showing his true self.
Inaho with their absence of facial expressions, is becoming more and more human, and showing true emotions.
Left no doubt that many users, judge a character from the outside and by its cover, and not by its content.
There is no doubt that by the end of the anime, Inaho had become more sensitive, and Slaine will have turned a complete monster.
now he destroyed with his super play of plastic, the base Trident.
Jan 31, 2015 9:55 AM
Jan 2015
I cringed with the doctor+PTSD guy referenced Inaho as the kid giving them all hope.... I understand anime has a lot of super human high school kids, but that is the most immersion breaking thing ever. Do they think the audience is that stupid that we can't understand he is amazing by how methodical he acts - we must be told it?

Not saying it was a bad episode because of it. I did pause it to immediately post my thoughts though. It is like many anime find it unthinkable to imply things. I don't find it bold to leave THAT unspoken, it isn't a subtle hint or anything like a few frames of downcast eyes in a drama. It could be seen as a normal conversation, seeing it from their universe, but as a form of entertainment [to us] it is basically filler.
Jan 31, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Good for Marito. He can ride a mech again at least XD

Inaho just too BA! Dat Glorious shot from space. Too much!

And Slaine not only got himself the red pants but also the respect of Vers soldiers XD
So fabulous :3
Jan 31, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2015
CCtrueinitials said:
I cringed with the doctor+PTSD guy referenced Inaho as the kid giving them all hope.... I understand anime has a lot of super human high school kids, but that is the most immersion breaking thing ever. Do they think the audience is that stupid that we can't understand he is amazing by how methodical he acts - we must be told it?

Not saying it was a bad episode because of it. I did pause it to immediately post my thoughts though. It is like many anime find it unthinkable to imply things. I don't find it bold to leave THAT unspoken, it isn't a subtle hint or anything like a few frames of downcast eyes in a drama. It could be seen as a normal conversation, seeing it from their universe, but as a form of entertainment [to us] it is basically filler.

Better than an idiot who does everything wrong, including failing to defend his beloved princess, who was almost dead, and is in a coma. and how recompessa discovered that he had super powers, won a super robot that predicts the future, and a servant who does the calculations, plans and battle tactics, the typical cliche Power Rangers. Betrays everyone and the world, and is delirious in their stupid fantasies.
Another ridiculous thing is the marcinos strands, which are hollow inside, remembering little robots toy, made of plastic.
Jan 31, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
Inaho doesn't want to fight Slaine? I wonder what I have no choice means.

Slaine is definitely showing why he deserves to be a Count. But he is still a Terran in the eyes of some, and I'm sure he will be betrayed by season's end whether it is the other Counts or the princesses.

Jul 2010
The action scenes were pretty intriguing, even firing that support fire from Deucalion looked quite nice.

Slaine having single-handedly destroy a base and setting his presence but it really did feel too easy for it to be anything more. Can't say I am much of a fan of there being this one true enemy out there.

Oct 2014
blazehero said:

Slaine is definitely showing why he deserves to be a Count. But he is still a Terran in the eyes of some, and I'm sure he will be betrayed by season's end whether it is the other Counts or the princesses.

Yea.... wonder whats Inaho up to.
Jan 31, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2010
CCtrueinitials said:

this anime works best on stupid audience that isnt even bothered by such things. comments in the episode discussion prove it every damn week.
Jan 31, 2015 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
without your super robot, and the calculations of Harklight, he would not have made a scratch the base.
As Slaine betray everyone and the world, he deserves a dolorasa betrayal, both Saazbaum and Lemrina, never betrayed Slaine, both made clear the Slaine, on their bad intentions against the princess.
The one who betrays both the Martians as Earthlings is Slaine
Jan 31, 2015 10:31 AM

Jul 2010
Looks like they've caught a live one
yeo
Jan 31, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
Knight-Artorias said:
blazehero said:

Well, I think he does want to fight him. Inaho is a calm person but I think that he still wants his revenge.
Oh god who are you people?
Jan 31, 2015 10:34 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mazuurek's Kataphrakt was pretty awesome, but Inaho's intelligence always prevails no matter how high tech mecha Martian sends after the Earthlings. That vertical missile shot from the space was amazing!

Meanwhile, Slaine soloed the Trident Base and gains respect from all the Counts. Even though I'm not so fond of his character, that was a superb development for him.

Good episode. I feel like all the Counts will die one by one as the episodes go until only Slaine himself remains to face Inaho.

Jan 31, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Kerozinn said:
CCtrueinitials said:

this anime works best on stupid audience that isnt even bothered by such things. comments in the episode discussion prove it every damn week.
Kerozinn said:
CCtrueinitials said:

I agree with you, destroy a base, with the power of a Megazord, and the calculations of Zordon (Harklight), they should really think we're idiots, Martians, and Slaine is very asemelham Power Rangers, with super powers, beam light, super Megazord that predicts the future, as producers, spond make the children's anime, drama until tele Mexican novel they are using,
This anime thanks to Slaine and the Martians, is more to the genre scientific Fantasy, totally childish, than for genre mecha
seujair31Jan 31, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:41 AM

Mar 2011
blazehero said:
Inaho doesn't want to fight Slaine?

I do not think so. In episode 2 of the second season he outright stated that he was looking for Slaine.
Raziel1991Jan 31, 2015 10:45 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:49 AM
Jan 2015
So Inaho didn't want to fight Slaine, just to meet him? I bet it's because he wants see the princess again.

Now he says " I have no choice", looks like he will go for the kill now. Hope they become friends, but Slaine wont let that happen.
Jan 31, 2015 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
Well, Slaine is officially 110% villain now. There's no redeeming from mass-murder.

I am guessing that within an episode or two, the princess will awaken and will be rescued from there so we can enter the final phase.

I thought Princess will be angry but I underestimated what Slaine will do before she wakes up. Now Princess might as well go insane seeing what a monster he became.

There's literally no difference between Saazbaum and Slaine now. Well, except that Slaine is betraying his people and his birthplace(earth) to fight for Mars, while Saazbaum fought for mars because he cared for his people on mars.

Inaho_ said:
So Inaho didn't want to fight Slaine, just to meet him? I bet it's because he wants see the princess again.

Now he says " I have no choice", looks like he will go for the kill now. Hope they become friends, but Slaine wont let that happen.

Friends? are youfucking joking? Slaine just consciously committed genocide and massmurder, killing dozens if not hundreds of people on that base. The only thing Slaine deserves to be "friends" with is a bullet in his skull now.

Even Stalin waited longer before he started committing war crimes.
Jan 31, 2015 10:53 AM

Oct 2014
chakracat said:
Knight-Artorias said:

Well, I think he does want to fight him. Inaho is a calm person but I think that he still wants his revenge.

I don't think Inaho is the type that cares about revenge, but I could be wrong guess we'll have to wait to find out what he means by no choice
Jan 31, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2007
Knight-Artorias said:
chakracat said:

I don't think Inaho is the type that cares about revenge, but I could be wrong guess we'll have to wait to find out what he means by no choice

He very clearly is resentful against Slaine because of what happened to Princess and him. The ONLY times we hear a very clear emotions in his voice is when he says Slaine's name. And it is very clear anger.

It is just that till now he seemed to give it a benefit of the doubt since Slaine was person princess cared for so he must have been decent person. But after this, that doubt is gone.
Jan 31, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
Knight-Artorias said:
chakracat said:

if he fights with Sline, and defeat him, he will lose the chase to locate the princess, he did not want to fight with Slaine because Slaineié the only track he has on the location of the princess.
If Slaine, disappear Inaho not know the whereabouts of the princess, I Inaho want to trap, where unintentionally Slaine, show the location of the princess
Jan 31, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2011
I liked the fact that the new count they defeated (what was his name again?) was actually not just another xenophobic and genocidial bastard.
Jan 31, 2015 11:00 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Knight-Artorias said:

He very clearly is resentful against Slaine because of what happened to Princess and him. The ONLY times we hear a very clear emotions in his voice is when he says Slaine's name. And it is very clear anger.

It is just that till now he seemed to give it a benefit of the doubt since Slaine was person princess cared for so he must have been decent person. But after this, that doubt is gone.

When ever he talks to Yuki he shows emotions in his voice a lot more than when he says Slaine's name I might have to go listen to it again since I never noticed the anger, and hopefully we'll find out what Inaho meant next episode.
Jan 31, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
I liked the fact that the new count they defeated (what was his name again?) was actually not just another xenophobic and genocidial bastard.

And he's a prisoner! So plenty of opportunities for him to learn that Sazbaum was NOT killed by Terrans but by Slaine
Jan 31, 2015 11:01 AM
Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
Friends? are youfucking joking? Slaine just consciously committed genocide and massmurder, killing dozens if not hundreds of people on that base. The only thing Slaine deserves to be "friends" with is a bullet in his skull now.

I know, what he did is fucked up. Friends is out of the question " I have no choice", means he will kill him now.

I'm starting to hate Inaho's suit. He needs a better designed and a better machine, don't you agree?
Jan 31, 2015 11:03 AM

Apr 2008
Inaho_ said:
CookingPriest said:

I know, what he did is fucked up. Friends is out of the question " I have no choice", means he will kill him now.

I'm starting to hate Inaho's suit. He needs a better designed and a better machine, don't you agree?

The suit is fine. Again space suits aren't made to be pretty and without the advanced tech of the Vers, it makes sense for the space pilot suits to be bulky. And no if anything he should add stuff on to Sleipnir but never outright change it for another model. It's his signature mech.
Jan 31, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
Inaho_ said:
CookingPriest said:

You realize if Inaho gets a aldnoah powered kata it's pretty much gg
Jan 31, 2015 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
Not to mention Inaho IS pretty much Char/Lelouch of this series. HE HAS to pilot shitty mech with unusual colors and overcome enemies enemies with sheer wit.
Jan 31, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Raziel1991 said:

And he's a prisoner! So plenty of opportunities for him to learn that Sazbaum was NOT killed by Terrans but by Slaine

and Expose Why Slaine Killed Saazbaum
Jan 31, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2007
CCtrueinitials said:

Aniplex is no stranger to shows that focus very heavily on hero worshiping the male MC to absolutely ridiculous lengths (SAO, Mahouka, Guilty Crown, AZ) and said MC always seems to be as bland and lacking in distinctive personality as they come at that.

This normally wouldn't be too huge a problem, but it's like they always hand pick LN's or roll originals that take it to absurd degrees where said MC never really struggles in their arc or the limited momentary struggles they try to manufacture for them feel too artificial and more like something to pass the time than actual climactic moments. Also when the hero worshiping aspect starts to leech away from the potential for other characters to be interesting and grow in their own right is also when the whole Jesus tier MC thing really starts to become a problem that'll weigh down a show.

It's a story as old as shows like Gundam Seed Destiny though so it's not like A/Z is the first show to do this, it just really seems to insist on making a very particular point of it and like it makes the show universally more compelling. Anyway I also agree that the show really doesn't seem to think much of it's audience or rather seems to think anyone watching is just really stupid and easily impressed with flashy CGI battle sequences and cliff notes tier Gundam plot points. I guess this wouldn't be as much of a problem if the show didn't carry with itself such an inflated air of self-importance and worth like it's some big dramatic and clever war drama piece when it has so many elements included in it that don't belong in such stories or that work against the framework more than they enhance it.
PeacingOutJan 31, 2015 11:14 AM
Jan 31, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
"Slaine Troyard. Looks like I have no choice." Well it seems like the Potato Pirate realizes he has no chance against the almighty Slaine and he has no other option but to give up. Plenty of time for him now to fondle his instruction manuals or buy some eggs or whatever else gets him off.

I don't get why people are upset about Slaine obliterating the base. All's fair in love and war. It's a battlefield not a high school prom dance.
Jan 31, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
leelee619 said:
Darklight0303 said:

LOL you think that will matter to the guy who was captured? Keep dreaming. Plus Inaho had no way of hearing the VERS comms. There's no escape for your precious deluded warmonger. The closer he becomes to the rest of the VErs in favor of the war, the further away he gets from the Princess. There's only one way this will end for him and that is in blood. His blood.

Mugen24 said:
"Slaine Troyard. Looks like I have no choice." Well it seems like the Potato Pirate realizes he has no chance against the almighty Slaine and he has no other option but to give up. Plenty of time for him now to fondle his instruction manuals or buy some eggs or whatever else gets him off.

I don't get why people are upset about Slaine obliterating the base. All's fair in love and war. It's a battlefield not a high school prom dance.

So delusional. That line was more along the lines of "Well I guess it's time to get serious and do whatever it takes to take down the mad fucker."
Jan 31, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
One of the counts, the minute 21:25, used the famous saying goes, I always used to describe Slaine, Wolf in sheep's clothing

Wolf in sheep's clothing
Wolf in sheep's clothing is an idiom of Biblical origin. It is used of those playing a role contrary to their real character, with whom contact is dangerous. As a fable it has been falsely credited to Aesop and the theme is now numbered 451 in the Perry Index. The confusion has arisen from the similarity of the theme with fables of Aesop concerning wolves that are mistakenly trusted by shepherds; the moral drawn from these is that one's basic nature eventually betrays itself.
he phrase originates in a sermon by Jesus recorded in the Christian New Testament: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Gospel of Matthew 7:15, King James Version). The sermon then suggests that their true nature will be revealed by their actions (by their fruits shall ye know them, verse 16). In the centuries following, the phrase was used many times in the Latin writings of the Church Fathers[1] and later on in European vernacular literature.[2] A Latin proverb also emerged, Pelle sub agnina latitat mens saepe lupina (Under a sheep’s skin often hides a wolfish mind). Although the story of a wolf disguised as a sheep has been counted as one of Aesop's Fables in modern times, there is no record of a fable with this precise theme before the Middle Ages, although there are earlier fables of Aesop in Greek sources to which the Gospel parable might allude.

all I preview of the anime has happened
Jan 31, 2015 11:12 AM
Jan 2015
When will the princess wake up anyway? We need a episode where she escapes and heads to earth.
Jan 31, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
Inaho_ said:
When will the princess wake up anyway? We need a episode where she escapes and heads to earth.

Shouldn't be long now

seujair31 said:
One of the counts, the minute 21:25, used the famous saying goes, I always used to describe Slaine, Wolf in sheep's clothing

Wolf in sheep's clothing
Wolf in sheep's clothing is an idiom of Biblical origin. It is used of those playing a role contrary to their real character, with whom contact is dangerous. As a fable it has been falsely credited to Aesop and the theme is now numbered 451 in the Perry Index. The confusion has arisen from the similarity of the theme with fables of Aesop concerning wolves that are mistakenly trusted by shepherds; the moral drawn from these is that one's basic nature eventually betrays itself.
he phrase originates in a sermon by Jesus recorded in the Christian New Testament: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Gospel of Matthew 7:15, King James Version). The sermon then suggests that their true nature will be revealed by their actions (by their fruits shall ye know them, verse 16). In the centuries following, the phrase was used many times in the Latin writings of the Church Fathers[1] and later on in European vernacular literature.[2] A Latin proverb also emerged, Pelle sub agnina latitat mens saepe lupina (Under a sheep’s skin often hides a wolfish mind). Although the story of a wolf disguised as a sheep has been counted as one of Aesop's Fables in modern times, there is no record of a fable with this precise theme before the Middle Ages, although there are earlier fables of Aesop in Greek sources to which the Gospel parable might allude.

all I preview of the anime has happened

http://yasumiiii.tumblr.com/post/109660651763/these-lyrics-of-0vers-slaines-song-really My friend read this.
Jan 31, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2011
Mugen24 said:

Or maybe he will finally upgrade his mecha
Jan 31, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
leelee619 said:

LOL you think that will matter to the guy who was captured? Keep dreaming. Plus Inaho had no way of hearing the VERS comms. There's no escape for your precious deluded warmonger. The closer he becomes to the rest of the VErs in favor of the war, the further away he gets from the Princess. There's only one way this will end for him and that is in blood. His blood.

Mugen24 said:

So delusional. That line was more along the lines of "Well I guess it's time to get serious and do whatever it takes to take down the mad fucker."

I knew I could count on Darklight to suck all the fun out of the room.
Jan 31, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2008
Mugen24 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I knew I could count on Darklight to suck all the fun out of the room.

You're the only one who thinks your delusions are fun.
Jan 31, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2007
Theorder14 said:
Mugen24 said:

I will laugh so hard if they have the Saazzybum's gf's mech fixed up and Inaho just did not pilot it because he felt no need for itxDDD
Jan 31, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
Inaho_ said:

leaves the lock it so if it will not be just another Megazord, deicha Martians and Slaine make the ridiculous role of power ragens, with their super powers and super Megazord.
The important thing in a mecha pilot is his intelligence, and his skills not Megazords, and super powers
The Komori

Mar 2013
Slaine said that he doesn't have time to be fucking around no more and that it's time to get shit done xD

Inaho sounds like he's prepared to take down the big bad wolf =I Date shot from space was epic

I'm glad to see that Slaine finally is getting the respect that he deserves from the Martians

Jan 2015
Inaho has no way of beating Slaine atm.
I'm being honest, even if Inaho is 100 times more skilled, what can he do against a mecha that can see into the future???

I think he'll eventually find a way but I can't think of any atm.

Apr 2008
CookingPriest said:
Theorder14 said:

I will laugh so hard if they have the Saazzybum's gf's mech fixed up and Inaho just did not pilot it because he felt no need for itxDDD

Orlane's mech. Ohhhh that would be some grade A irony there
Jan 31, 2015 11:23 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
CookingPriest said:

Orlane's mech. Ohhhh that would be some grade A irony there

It is red, so it fits Inaho's colors too
Jan 31, 2015 11:33 AM
May 2014
Am i the only one cheering for slaine??
I really like him and the whole story behind him
I doubt that mars will win the war, seeing as how they are the "bad guys" but i still hope for a good ending for slaine
And to hell with the princess if she dosnt like the new Slaine
Hes totally badass and I still dont see what "evil" thing he did
He took out his enemys base by himself, the terrans did the same thing in the first season and i dont remember hearing anyone say it was evil. Its war
Long Live Count Slaine Troyard!!

Sorry if i made any mistakes, english isnt my native language, though i think i pretty much dominate it ;)
Jan 31, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good episode. I wish this series had more action moments and less talking, because the fights are actually interesting while all the conversations are either boring or lead to plot holes.
Also Slaine giving that evil smile pretty much confirms he will be the final enemy for Inaho and that he will end up dying. Pretty predictable.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.