Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
The first half was pretty emotional. I think Tsubaki is a relatable character in some aspects. Btw, the sudden comedic bits were really annoying and almost ruined some emotional moments.
Poor Kaori ;_; I wonder if we'll get what's her desease. It's really getting worse though..

Damn those feels, they are amplifying episode after episode. I wonder if they're gonna reach a clannad rate :p
Feb 5, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2014
wow ffs Kaori. The ending scene adaption was not up to par for me. She didn't show enough suffering/express her pain as enough as the manga did. I loved that scene, and this was a mediocre adaption so 4/5 this time >.<

Have faith in Nagi's adaption, cmon plz nail it

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 7, 2015 8:16 AM
Jul 2013
Omg poor her... T_T
I just can't... anymore.... with this ;-;
Please don't die!! D:
Feb 8, 2015 4:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I hope Arima doesn't end up in a much worse depressed state if things continue to go as they are. Tsubaki having issues with her feelings, and Kaori with her health problems. He already lost his mother, he's gone through a lot for him to suffer again.

Go Emi, she's doing better after hearing Arima play.

Feb 8, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2014
Not that bad. I liked the Tsubaki part. Typical.
Feb 14, 2015 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
What a heartbreaking scene..
Feb 16, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
Wonder who that girl who approached Seto is...

Man, that last part when Kaori was screaming "Stand up"...
Feb 18, 2015 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
I really feel so sorry for Tsubaki, she is such a nice girl, and I have this feeling her senpai was lying just to "free" her =/
And now we have a new girl after Kousei... *sigh* they should add a harem tag...
Kaori can't move her legs anymore, OMG she is going to die?! =/
Feb 20, 2015 3:41 AM
May 2012
can i punch arima already , i'm really hate him cause he give up easily
i really hate tsubaki , i just cant stand her and her attitude she so egoist , she just care for herself even it mean ruin arima dream
poor kaori T.T
Feb 22, 2015 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Feb 22, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
Why was Tsubaki so obsessed with Kousei even when they were small? Did she not know anyone else?

I wonder what's up with the new girl.

Shaniyaz said:
No matter how compassionate Saito tried to be when he was breaking up with Tsubaki, I still think he's a jerk. Well, they eventually had to part ways one way or the other anyways.

What? Why? I mean, she's basically been ignoring him the whole time, and when she's not ignoring him, she's talking about Kousei. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, and even at that he tried to be nice about it.

If you're saying he didn't actually love her, well yeah. But I would argue that Tsubaki doesn't actually love Kousei either. She treats him more like a possession than a friend, let alone a love interest.
Feb 27, 2015 10:34 PM
Nov 2014
nooo kaori :( Yet another emotional ep from this masterpiece.
Feb 28, 2015 11:25 AM

Nov 2014
What's happening to Kaori?
Please don't die :(
Hi there
Mar 16, 2015 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
I'm guessing she might have a degenerative neuromotor disease affecting her balance, motor control, mobility, blah, blah...yup she's going to be invalid soon or die. >_<

The new character in the OP appears, she looks cute and innocent but dubious by her actions.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 20, 2015 5:01 PM

Mar 2012
A wild loli appears.
Mar 24, 2015 4:41 PM

Dec 2012
This series is seriously starting to get me each time. Nearly teared up at the end. When the title "Liar" appeared as Kaori was screaming, it was as if it was saying that her legs were lying to her by suddenly being unable to move.
Mar 26, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Not a bad episode, I appreciated his slide slow and calm. At the same time I also appreciated the strong impact transmitted by the emotions arising from those same actions, really disruptive.
Storytelling with funny moments and pleasant, all still focused on Tsubaki, but luckily not only on her. Plot that closed parenthesis Arima goes convincingly. Drawings and excellent animations, CG less around this time, I appreciated this difference.
Mar 27, 2015 1:26 AM
Mar 2015
Damn, i cant take all this Tsubaki's sh*t seriously when i see what is going on with Kaori. I bet she would be happy if Kousei failed all his exams and ended up not going to music school. Talk about being a selfish brat -_-2 full episodes of Tsubaki's annoying drama depicted like the end of the world. Tsubaki, you dont know what real pain is so stop being such a crybaby. I am sorry, i am pissed. Seeing Kaori being brave and holding her tears like that. The ending was too harsh to handle :'((((
Mar 29, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
Can they please stop this torture already ? sobs T^T
Apr 4, 2015 1:26 PM
May 2012
Senpai.....mah man. He clearly did it for Tsubaki.
Kousei playing the bgm was really nice. I like Tsubaki's seiyuu.
Is that girl Takeshi's sister?? I mean, look at the hair.
I like the scene where Kousei decided not to visit her because Watari was there.
Oh my, Kaori :O
Apr 4, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2014
Tsubaki gets dumped while being sorta dumped by Kosei in a different way at the same time...ouch :(

Meanwhile, Kaori's condition gets significantly worse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 4:38 PM

May 2012
Why can't I hold all these feels? Seriously that ending :'(
Apr 24, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2014
Kaori is losing the ability to walk? Early onset ALS or something?

I have definitely warmed up to Tsubaki by now, unlike most people here it seems, haha.

Not a huge fan of the new girl, but I wonder who she's related to; she looks kind of familiar.
May 30, 2015 4:31 AM

May 2015
Oh god, poor Kaori ! I fear the worst for her.. :(
Her disease becomes more and more important.

The girl looks sneaky. x) But she's talented. ^^
May 30, 2015 9:10 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Drama in this anime doesn't really speak to me. I'm just really indifferent about character interactions, although I understand the feelings that they go through. I wish they would focus on music and practising more because that's done brilliantly. I feel like Kaori is just toying with Kousei which is kinda sad. In the end when she couldn't walk - I feel like this show is trying too hard to be dramatic.
Aug 2, 2015 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for Saitou Senpai. Akkkkkkkk. Tsubaki shouldn't have dated him if she's unsure with her feelings. She end up hurting a nice guy's heart. I'm not sure about the new character. IDK if I like her or not

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 13, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
:( not yet, please not yet
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Nov 27, 2015 3:24 AM
Nov 2015
Oh my goodness! What is happening to Kaori? I can't stand this anymore. :(
Dec 18, 2015 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
That ending.
Dec 30, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
why are the people in this series so FUCKING dense
Dec 31, 2015 9:02 PM
Jan 2010
Why "Shigatsu" is so cruel? Kaori suffers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4TRvzH0eLY
Mar 6, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
These kids sure are dramatic for middle schoolers. Back when i was in middle school the average kid would have been fking your mom online.
May 24, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2015
Nah, poor Tsubaki. But I think she hasn't got any chance with Arima... for him the whole world is Kaori.

Nah, interesting new charactet. Why did she wished Arima sufferd?

And what's up with Kaori? I would like to go there and help her. She couldn't stand. I hope she will get better...

And.. I don't understand, why this episode is called "Liar".

Jul 8, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2013
I actually felt pretty bad for Kaori at the end ;_;
Jul 17, 2016 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
This has becoming quickly the most stupid, boring and worst anime I have seen. Seriously, the melodrama here is disgusting, the comedy is abysmal and ruins a lot of scenes, the characters are awful and bland.

Maybe it's 2Sad4Me.
DramamineJul 17, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 28, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
Barnald said:
Drama in this anime doesn't really speak to me. I'm just really indifferent about character interactions, although I understand the feelings that they go through. I wish they would focus on music and practising more because that's done brilliantly. I feel like Kaori is just toying with Kousei which is kinda sad. In the end when she couldn't walk - I feel like this show is trying too hard to be dramatic.

I know exactly how you feel on them trying way too hard on the drama section of this show :/
Just wish it would focus a bit more on the music aspect rather than the overdramatic interactions.
Aug 1, 2016 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
Dat ending has me worried.
Aug 27, 2016 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
Tsubaki got dumped :c
I knew something was seriously wrong with Kaori's helth.
Oct 8, 2016 4:48 PM

Nov 2015

 The face of hope of Tsubaki and her smile at the possibility of Kousei not being accepted in the music school...
 And then, if he doesn't get accepted he could go to another country xD oh, poor tsubaki... I didn't feel bad for her till last episode jaja awww....

 The first part for Tsubaki, the second for Kaori.

 I couldn't help but feel that Kaori calling Kousei because he didn't visit her, or bring anything to her was so sweet, even with the coincidence and all >.< so dere dere! I do not wonder why Kousei is always so confused about her...

 Oh man! That end! T_T Kaori's legs.... oh god...
 This stupid anime is starting to push my buttons!
 No tears so far.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Being walking happily when out of the sudden you see the horizon move, without you noticing you fall to the ground. You feel trapped, you can't move, you can't stand again. You try with your utter strength to stand up, even using your hands but your legs won't move. You try hitting them so at least you can feel the pain., but your legs won't move.

 PD: If I thought that the color palette of Kaori had been already toned down to more gray-ish colors, now it's on a different level...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

lucidbrandon said:
Man I really hate that feel of confusion when he hears watari with Kaori and leaves feeling like shit, then he gets a call from her bringing back his interest in her. Poor Arima getting jerked around so hard yo

The end scene got me, that's just straight up sad
 Well said.
HumbertoZeroOct 8, 2016 5:30 PM
Nov 7, 2016 11:24 AM
Jun 2015
I like how it branches out on to some of the other characters as well.. Good ep. Looking forward to the next ep.
Jan 18, 2017 3:15 PM

Aug 2016
Wow the ending let me panic...horrible situation to be in
Feb 25, 2017 5:59 PM
Dec 2009
Stark700 said:
Also, it looks like to me that Saito is making up a lie (title of episode is called Liar) about him liking his "baseball manager". Pretty sure he knows where Tsubaki's feelings really lies.

Yup, I definitely think Saito was lying. He loves Tsubaki but knows she doesn't feel the same way and wanted to end their "relationship" on a good note. I think he was hoping she wouldn't feel guilty if he did it that way but she told Kousei later she hurt Saito's feelings by not realizing her own so I think she knows what really happened.

Kaori's illness is starting to remind me of One Liter of Tears.

Mich666 said:
At this point of the story I really don't know why they are introducing new heroine. Maybe for Kousei to have him going?

Same, I've never read the manga so don't know how it is but I was really surprised to see a new character show up in this episode. There are only 6-7 episodes left to wrap everything up with the characters they already have, adding someone new just seems to be a distraction/delay from focusing on what is happening to Kaori.... oh well.
Apr 5, 2017 1:19 PM
Jan 2012
Hm, so the girl is sister to that blonde pianist, going by the surname.

I gotta say it must suck to be on Kaori's shoes. Being so young, so pretty and so sick. Really, that fucking sucks.
Apr 13, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2015
So, where is Kousei's father?

Dem legs tho.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 22, 2017 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
I can't believe Kaori stopped being able to walk :( Hoping she recovers soon. Already miss her playing the violin ;_;

And Tsubaki, stay strong! You will get the answer you want sooner or later :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 29, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
Why I always end up watching a sad anime?
Sep 22, 2017 6:15 AM
Aug 2017
That kaori scene tho... I hate to see her suffering :/. It was so heartbreaking I can't...

Also so glad about Tsubaki haha. Finally she knows how much Kousei mean to her...Yea her sensei probably lied to her abut the basketball manager, he's so kind ahh.
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Sep 22, 2017 6:18 AM
Aug 2017
MarianSony11 said:
Ararargi said:
Every time there's someone in the hall of a hospital in an anime it's always incredibly dark and there are absolutely no nurses or anyone around in case someone needs help. Hospital's in anime are more like morgues lol.

That and more. Whenever they want to make the scene more dramatic than it is they put the characters in a place with no people( yeah the dark is also used).

They over dramatize everything, like every freaking thing and it's annoying.

But it gives you more feels. That's how anime actually works haha. (That's also why my sis don't like anime cause they tend tend exaggerate it but for me it's ok haha.)
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Jan 18, 2018 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
Can't feel sad about Kaori's legs or whatever is happening to her. Just can't.
Mar 17, 2018 5:56 PM

Dec 2017
I found Tsubaki's character in this episode to be very relateable. I think we've all had a moment where we're scared to confront something that's bothering with us, whether it's some kind of emotion or event in our lives. I think it's a very realistic depiction of what someone her age would be feeling. Loved the episode.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.