Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2015 8:15 AM

Oct 2010
Who are your favorite Slice of Life characters?
Who are your least favorite Slice of Life characters?
Why do you like or dislike them?

Discuss!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
[u]Favorite Slice of Life Characters:[/u]
Mio Akiyama (K-ON!!) - Character design, personality, easy to relate to, music and humor
Mutta Nanba (Ucchu Kyoudai) - Amazing personality and great development. 100% quality character.
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka) - Great personality, extremely funny and occasionally surprisingly inspiring. 100% quality character.
Nana Osaki (Nana) - Such a cool personality and great design. She's also quite funny at times.
Hikaru Hitachiin (Ouran Koukou Host Club) - Extremely funny at times and very likeable. One of the few characters who made me laugh for nearly an entire episode.
Ruri Gokou (OreImo) - Adorable fashion sense, nice personality, funny, anime/gaming interests and cute behaviors. Ruri is the only thing that made me survive OreImo
Kyousuke Natsume (Little Busters!) - Best Onii-chan ever. A well written and funny character.
Sentarou Kawabuchi (Sakamichi no Apollon) - Great personality and very funny at times.

[u]Other Slice of Life Characters I'm Very Fond Of:[/u]
Yuiko Kurugaya (Little Busters!) - Personality, story, design and humor
Misuzu Kamio (Air) - Story, personality and cute behaviors
Renge Miyauchi (Non Non Biyori) - Adorable personality
Shinobu Morita (Honey and Clover) - Funny, likeable personality and good character development
Akari Mizunashi (Aria) - Personality
Alpha Hatsuseno (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou) - Personality
Ginko (Mushishi) - Personality and design.
Nico Yazawa (Love Live! School Idol Project) - Personality and humor
Chiaki Minami (Minami-ke) - Personality and humor
Mai Kawasumi (Kanon 2006) - Personality

[u]Least Favorite Slice of Life Characters:[/u]
Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) - Quoting myself from elsewhere:
"Haruhi is my least favorite anime character ever.
I find all tsundere characters quite annoying for the most part. I don't find their violent and abusive nature "cute" nor do I find it entertaining. I don't care if they have some sad background that makes it hard for them to communicate with others, there is no excuse to bully people the way tsundere characters tend to. So take that tsundere behavior and add an "eccentric" and over animated personality, and you get the most irritating pile of vomit the anime industry has ever managed to produce. A bratty, loud, selfish, temperamental, hyper and violent bundle of annoyance. I think that a pile of feces would make for a more endearing character than Haruhi by a long run."

Kirino Kousaka (OreImo) - In the wise words of Volunteer:
"Listening to Kirino is the anime equivalent of passing a medium sized kidney stone. I'd rather drag my ballsack across a football field filled with broken glass than suffer through a mere minute of Kirino's incoherent bitching. She's literally the second coming of Adolf Hitler in imouto form and everyone that likes her should be force-fed gopher excrement."

Kanna Tanigawa (Ano Natsu de Matteru) - Another extremely annoying, over the top and vile tsundere personality character. I had to grit my teeth every time she appeared on screen.
Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!) - If there was ever an anime character so stupid that they gave me a headache to watch them, it would be Yui. The only bad thing about K-ON. What a frustrating character to endure.
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) - Mirai managed to describe herself on a regular basis throughout the show: "How unpleasant!" What an annoying eyesore of a character. =_=

[u]Other Slice of Life Characters I'm Not Very Fond Of:[/u]
Kyousuke Kousaka (OreImo) - Congratulations, Kyousuke. You're the biggest idiot in the Slice of Life genre.
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!) - Annoying tsundere personality
Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) - Annoying tsundere personality
Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi) - Annoying tsundere personality
Nagi Sanzen'in (Hayate no Gotoku!) - Annoying tsundere personality
Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina) - Annoying tsundere personality
Chiwa Harusaki (Oreshura) - Extremely annoying. "I'm the childhood friend. Wahh, wahh, wahh, temper tantrum!"
Midori Tokiwa (Tamako Market) - What a little witch. Stop sticking your nose into things that are none of your business.
Miyabi Aizawa (Great Teacher Onizuka) - Extremely mean and vile lunatic. Out of all the unlikeable things that you have done, the way you treated your "friend" made me hate you the most. Please get hit by a bus.
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!) - Annoying personality, overly immature and poor character development
Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad) - "Man up" is all I can say to you.
Rin Natsume (Little Busters!) - I'm basing this off on my opinion of her in the VN, and I will admit she's more likeable in the anime. Annoying, loud, immature, bratty and mean to a certain person without a reason more than half of the time.
Honoka Kousaka (Love Live! School Idol Project) - Annoyed the hell out of me on two occasions. Not very likeable compared to the other girls.
Haruka Nanase - Your personality frustrates me a little
Rika Shiguma (Haganai) - Gross sense of humor.
Sena Kashiwazaki (Haganai) - Annoying personality and worthless "boobs" character
Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai) - Sexualized lolis aren't cute
Tenma Tsukamoto (School Rumble) - Extreme ditzy morons are not cute.
Shinobu Oomiya (Kiniro Mosaic) - Creepy and annoying
Souta Takanashi (Working!) - Creepy and annoying
UsagiJan 28, 2015 9:07 AM
Jan 28, 2015 9:35 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Favorite:
Maki Nishikino(LoveLive): Kawaii, smooth personality, and nice voice.

Alicia Florence(Aria series): Relaxing laid back personality, cute catchphrase.

Yoshino Shimazu(Maria-sama): serious and humorous personality, cute expressions at times.

Least Favorite:

Kirino Kousaka(OreImo): TRASH, ANNOYING.

Nagisa Furakawa(Clannad): Too generic, annoying at times, stale personality

Yui Hirasawa(K-ON): Let's make this stupid character moe, and say idiotic lines, "Fun things are fun", :O you don't say. She's a cancer to anyone that is kawaii. Good thing there is no new season because I honestly felt like throwing her off a bridge and replacing her with Nodoka.

Youhei Sunohara(Clannad): Annoying voice, annoying personality

Jan 28, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
Favorite :

Least :
[spoiler] Can't think anyone story-wise Rumi Fujisaki just because of her voice actor
AhaoJan 28, 2015 10:02 AM
Click Totoro to see my Anime List ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 28, 2015 10:29 AM

Oct 2011
Favourites: Osaka, Mahiru, Kanade...

Least Favourites: Taiga, most characters from Clannad
Jan 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2013
I sort of like strong (willed) people and kind people and also Onee-san type girls.

Current favourites:
Kurata Sayuri [Kanon]
Kamikita Komari [Little Busters!]
Kurugaya Yuiko [Little Busters!]
Miyazawa Kengo [Little Busters!]
Alicia Florence [Aria series]
Kagayama Kaede (Dagashiya) [Non Non Biyori]

Sayuri, Komari and Kurugaya I like because they're they look after other people and are very loyal in that sense.

Kengo is the the male character I like best from Little Busters! because he's pure of heart a character trait I like and admire. And he's simply awesome. Masato is a close second, but since he falls short in comparison he's not my fave!

Alicia has a very likeable personality and her approach to things is very nice.

Dagashiya she's secretly very nice.

Least favourite (due to rotten personalities):
Taiga from toradora
Kirino from oreimo

Didn't get to episode 2 due to Taiga
The only reason why I finished oreimo was because I was hoping she'd get better, but she didn't... I mean tsunderes are fine, as long as it's not all tsun.
Oh lol I almost forgot...
Makoto from school days.... Why? Well because he's worse than trash in the anime.
And also those 3 girls from episode 10 or 11.
Feb 2, 2015 9:52 PM

Sep 2013
doom19876 said:
Oh lol I almost forgot...
Makoto from school days.... Why? Well because he's worse than trash in the anime.
And also those 3 girls from episode 10 or 11.

Looks like School Days is so popular that people are even talking about it in terms of Slice of Life ^^
Feb 2, 2015 11:50 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Makoto is supposed to represent the lowest humanity has to offer though, that's kind of the point
Feb 3, 2015 2:02 AM

Jul 2012
lol why people hate Kirino so much xD
She make the show looks interesting~
If she doesn't exist, the show woud be boring :D

My Fav SoL Army is :
- Harima Kenji (School Rumble)
- Onizuka Eikichi (GTO)
- Minami Kana (Minami-Ke)
- Akiyama Mio (K-On!)
- Ujimatsu Chiya (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
They make the show looks perfect ^^

My least Fav Army is :
- Shiguma Rika (Haganai)
- Fujibayashi Kyou (Clannad)
- Minami Haruka and Minami Chiaki (Minami-Ke)
- Sawachika Eri, Tsukamoto Yakumo, Tsukamoto Tenma (School Rumble)
- Osaki Nana (Nana)
- Suzumiya Haruka (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)
- Minase Nayuki (Kanon)
- Aoyama Motoko (Love Hina)
- Noumi Kudryavka (Little Busters!)
- Izumi Konata (Lucky☆Star)
- KuroNeko and Kousaka Kirino (OreImo)
- Aioi Yuuko (Nichijou)
- Miyagawa Atsumi and Miyagawa Atsushi (Recorder to Randoseru Do♪)
- Foaran Myucel (Outbreak Company)
They make the show looks interesting~
White_AliceFeb 3, 2015 2:07 AM

Feb 3, 2015 2:11 AM

Oct 2014
Didn't get to episode 3 of minami-ke due to kana..her airhead personality kinda annoying.
Feb 3, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
^ IMO she is a funny character, I laugh more often because of her and I admit that I act like her in RL :D
She still funnier than Chiaki who always said 'bakayarou' even she is more cute and adorable xD

Feb 3, 2015 4:59 AM

Nov 2014
I can see Kirino is really popular in this thread :D
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Feb 3, 2015 7:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
how could you possibly hate an abusive imouto
Feb 3, 2015 8:02 AM

Sep 2013
I'm seeing Kana and Kirino mentioned, and now I'm here to make a comparison: Kana > Kirino, almost any time.
Feb 3, 2015 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know this Kana, but I can't imagine her be worse than Kirino. Still, i dont think she is all THAT bad. (Kirino) She's just bossy, gealous, and dont take me wrong, i dont like her, i just think she is over-demonised. :D
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Dec 4, 2016 2:10 PM
Aug 2016
My favorite slice of life character is hikigaya kun from yahari ore.....
I like him cuz he's so cool when he's around 2 beautifful girls and he doesn't has any reaction for them
Dec 19, 2016 5:22 AM
Aug 2016
My Favourites

Konata Izumi(Lucky Star) - Relatable, funny and cute.

Tsumiki Miniwa(Acchi Kocchi) - CUTEST. ANIME CHARACTER. EVER!

Tomoko Kuroki(WataMote) - Also relatable, funny and cute.

Hifumi Tachibana(New Game!) - Adorable when she's shy(which she is 90% of the entire anime)

Yuki Nagato(Haruhi Suzumiya and Disappearance) - Voiced by Michelle Ruff, she's so cool in the main series and adorable in the movie and her spinoff.

KazumaKuzuryuDec 19, 2016 5:38 AM
Mar 29, 2017 4:14 PM
Mar 2017
I'm just getting into the Slice of Life genre, but I've actually watched 2 other anime that were SoL before then.
And also I'm currently watching Chuunibyou.

Here's my favorites so far.
Tomoko Kuroki (Watamote)
Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou)
Rika Shiguma (Haganai)

And so far, I really don't think I have any least favorite or characters I dislike
Usagi said:

Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai) - Sexualized lolis aren't cute

yes they are
KyokisamaMar 29, 2017 4:21 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 11:14 AM

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.