Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2015 7:22 AM

Oct 2010

This thread is for members of the Slice of Life Club's staff to talk about club work together in. I ask that nobody outside of the staff team posts in this thread. Thank you!

Toridoshi - Owner/Layout Maker -Active
Xiaraith - Co-Owner -Active
Mishukax - General Admin -Active
Jeff_Smith - General Admin -Active
-Hyper- - General Admin -Active
SweetKotomi - Card Maker -Active
Zel_Ezl - Card Maker -Hiatus
PJs - Card Delivery-Active

UsagiMay 12, 2017 10:38 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2015 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
Staff Rules
Please read and follow the rules. Thank you!
UsagiMay 12, 2017 10:43 AM
Jan 28, 2015 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
reserved post
Jan 28, 2015 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
Welcome to the staff, new members. Let's make our club a better place ^_^
Jan 29, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
Hello, hello.
Jan 29, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2014
Welcome everyone. uvu
Jan 29, 2015 2:19 PM
Feb 2014
Hi there.
Jan 29, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
Hi & welcome everyone :)

@toridoshi: Thank you so much for accepting me btw!
Jan 29, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2012
Hi everyone! I'm glad to be apart of the team!
Jan 30, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2008
Hi :)

Wieeeeeeee...
Jan 30, 2015 8:22 AM

May 2014
Hai hai, let's get on well:3
And thank you, toridoshi for accepting me<3

BU / / / / / dev
Jan 30, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
VanityStar said:
Hai hai, let's get on well:3
And thank you, toridoshi for accepting me<3

Huehue we're like a pack <3 Working in the same club *-*
Jan 30, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2014
The Dark&Van duo is right up<3

Anyhow; when will we know what editions we can participate?*^*

BU / / / / / dev
Jan 30, 2015 4:08 PM

Oct 2010
Sorry, everyone!
I've been busy working on the layout to get it up, so I didn't get around to posting the job stuff yet.
Now that the layout is finally up, I can start posting the job stuff tomorrow.

x__x
Jan 30, 2015 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
hi
i haf to thank you tho.
Jan 30, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2014
toridoshi said:
Sorry, everyone!
I've been busy working on the layout to get it up, so I didn't get around to posting the job stuff yet.
Now that the layout is finally up, I can start posting the job stuff tomorrow.

x__x

Hehe no worries <3 Awesome job with the layout >o< You finished it faster then what others have said :3
Jan 30, 2015 7:40 PM

May 2013
I feel like I'll be too lazy to look at this thread
Jan 31, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
Alright, now that the layout is up I can give my attention to my staff today.

@General Admin (Ryoza, ReynTime, mashiro-chann and Xiaraith) - It is time to let you guys pick which jobs you would like to be in charge of. There are four of you and currently eight jobs, four of the jobs need regular updating and the other four need occasional updating. We will have a perfect balance if everyone picks one regular and one occasional job.

[u]Regular Jobs[/u]
- Managing the Question of the Day Thread
You will be in charge of updating the thread with a new question every day or two. It will be up to you to come up with the questions and list what questions have already been asked in the front of the thread.

- Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime Thread
This job takes a bit of effort. For this job, you have to pay attention to the MAL news forums, neregate charts, anichart and animenewsnetwork for news about upcoming anime. If you think a title may be a Slice of Life anime, you have to check MAL, animenewsnetwork, Hummingbird and/or anime-planet to see if it has the "Slice of Life" tag on any of those websites before it can be added. The anime shows should be divided into sections on when they will come out (example: Spring 2015, Summer 2015, Fall 2015, TBA (no set air date yet). The TBA anime will have to be checked on regularly so that it can be moved once the air date is announced.

- Handling mafia related business
This job requires managing a main mafia game thread and trying to encourage members to keep mafia games going. For the mafia thread, you'll be in charge of updating the queue for upcoming games as members request to host games, updating which games have been completed and updating which games are currently going on. If the queue is becoming empty, it is up to the mafia mod to try to encourage the club members to signup to host more games.

- In charge of the Slice of Life Club simul watches
The Slice of Life Club is going to start doing simul watches of Slice of Life anime. We have done eight or nine movie simul watches in the past, but now I would like to take the next step and have us start watching an anime series together. It will be up to the simul mod to open the nominations thread to see what the members would like to watch, make a poll with the most recommended titles to pick which show and make the simul watch thread for the anime. Everyone is responsible for finding their own stream or download, so you don't have to worry about that.

[u]Occasional Jobs[/u]
- Updating the anime relations
As new Slice of Life shows are announced to come out, it is your job to add the upcoming shows to the anime relations list.

- Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season
You just have to list what Slice of Life anime are airing during the current anime season under the spoiler on the club's main page. The anime should be listed as links that lead to their MAL pages.

- Handling club affiliation requests
Members who want to affiliate their club with the Slice of Life Club will be sent to your profile with their request. You'll be in charge of adding their club up under the affiliation spoiler on the club's main page and getting the club to add us back. I also ask that you occasionally offer affiliation requests to other active clubs that seem to fit with the Slice of Life genre.

- Managing the Ask Thread nominations
The Slice of Life Club is going to start having ask threads. Each month members can nominate which member they would like to have the ask thread for the next month. It will be your job to host the nominations thread and then message the selected member about creating their ask thread. Each member can only have an ask thread once, so you will also be responsible for keeping track of who already had one.

Please post which jobs you would like here asap.

@Newsletter Delivery - I'll have a job for you in a week or two, since the signup thread is brand new and doesn't have been newsletter requesters yet. For now, just sit back and have a nice cup of tea.
Jan 31, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
@Card Makers - I am going to open the edition signups for February tomorrow.
I'm thinking that a Valentine's SE and an iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls LE are necessary, but does anyone have any other theme they would like to do?
Jan 31, 2015 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
Alright, since I'm here to do some SoL anime related stuff, I would like to be responsible for Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime Thread and for Updating the anime relations (I can do the Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season as well since this shouldn't be too much work, and also the "Question of the Day" member has enough work with this particular job already, thus he probably doesn't have to be bothered with occasional jobs too)
Jan 31, 2015 9:44 AM
Feb 2014
I'd like to in charge of the Slice of Life Club simul watches and Managing the Ask Thread nominations.

Just let me know when it is time to make the threads and I'll take care of it.
RyozaJan 31, 2015 9:47 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:07 AM

May 2014
toridoshi said:
I'm thinking that a Valentine's SE and an iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls LE are necessary, but does anyone have any other theme they would like to do?

I think that's a wonderful Idea.
belxfran-tsuFeb 1, 2015 11:44 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
toridoshi said:

I think that's all good atm :)
Jan 31, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
I will list the following jobs in the order I'd prefer.

Main Duty jobs
1. Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime Thread
2. In charge of the Slice of Life Club simul watches
3. Managing the Question of the Day Thread
4. Handling mafia related business (I don't know anything about Mafia. It would not be a good fit)

The Occasional jobs

1. Updating the anime relations
2. Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season
3. Managing the Ask Thread nominations
4. Handling club affiliation requests

Honestly, I think it would be beneficial if all admins learn all aspect of the job and do a rotation system. For example, when we are assigned, we'd do the task now until the end of Spring anime season. Then we do two new tasks for summer and so forth.

Please feel free to message me if you'd like to get further information or have any questions.
ReynTimeJan 31, 2015 10:52 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm, a rotation system? I wouldn't be against it, since I could do all of the jobs listed, but it's probably better if we specialize right off the bet.

ReynTime, if you want to do the SoL anime related jobs and know how to do it, I personally wouldn't mind you doing this.
Actually, I'm also quite interested in seeing how Managing the Question of the Day Thread feels like, and I would definitely come up with interesting questions ^_^
Jan 31, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
toridoshi said:
Cool idea:3
I'm particularly interested in the second one~
(And also great layout that is<3)

BU / / / / / dev
Feb 1, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2010
@Ryoza, ReynTime, mashiro-chann and Xiaraith - I'll leave it for you four to discuss together which jobs you would like to do so that everyone can be on the same page. I ask that you guys try to have your jobs firmly picked out within the next couple days or so. :)
Feb 1, 2015 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
[u]February Card Edition Signups[/u]

Introduction SE
Since we have a bunch of new card makers, I think that we should do a general Introduction SE where card makers can make cards of their favorite Slice of Life anime/characters. The new card makers can almost make a little introduction paragraph about themselves for members to read (this is optional).

The SE will open on February 7th. Please have your cards, name and request limits edited under the spoiler below by the 6th:

Valentine's Day SE
[i]Cards of couples or Slice of Life girls/boys holding chocolates or roses would be the most suitable themes to work with.

The SE will open on February 14th. Please have your cards, name and request limits edited under the spoiler below by the 13th:
[spoiler]belxfran-tsu's Cards
Request Limits: 3
Cards:

PandaCake's Cards
Request Limits: Yes :D
Cards:

DarkVocaloid's Cards
Members/Staff: Just Say Yes.
Please shorten name if longer than 14.
Cards:

VanityStar's Cards
Just say le love, kyaaa.
Shorten your name down to 12 letters (without symbols/numbers).
Card:

iDOLM@STER LE
Since the iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls is currently airing, we should probably do an iDOLM@STER edition. Whether you want to make cards of the first generation of girls, the new gen or a combination of both is up to you.

The SE will open on February 21st. Please have your cards, name and request limits edited under the spoiler below by the 20th:
VanityStarFeb 21, 2015 8:14 AM
Feb 1, 2015 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
@Ryoza, mashiro-chann and Xiaraith

Alrighty everyone. We have a few days to figure out how we want to divvy up the responsibilities. Does everyone want to just permanently stick to the role or do my suggestion of a rotation system?

Xiaraith and I have posted what we think we would like to do, but I don't want this to be a first come first serve sort of deal. Let's get input from everyone before we make any decisions.
Feb 1, 2015 2:06 PM
Feb 2014
I honestly would like to stick to the jobs I picked out. Reasons are, I don't know a single thing about the mafia related stuff, and I don't watch airing Anime until they're finished so I don't really keep an eye out for the new Anime coming out and stuff. I don't think Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime Thread, Handling mafia related business, Updating the anime relations and Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season are really good fits for me.
Feb 1, 2015 2:34 PM

Sep 2013
I could handle mafia related stuff in cases of emergency, but as my next few months are going to look like, I won't have a lot of time to invest in mafia games, and a possible staff member handling this business, he'd probably like to participate as well in most games.

So to mashiro-chann/Pinapple-Apple who hasn't said his opinion yet: are you able to Handle mafia related business, also considering you are learning the ropes in Soren's game right now? I might be ready to host a first little game of our new SoLC season, but as I said, I don't want to be responsible for handling the overall mafia business.

So how about the following:
Ryoza: Slice of Life Club simul watches, Managing the Ask Thread nominations
ReynTime: Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime, Updating the anime relations
mashiro-chann/Pinapple-Apple: Handling mafia related business,
Xiaraith: Managing the Question of the Day Thread
and mashiro + me still decide who does "Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season" and "Handling club affiliation requests"
Feb 1, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
I've never been an admin before. I'm not really sure about the formalities of everything. I personally feel like we all should be able to do all the duties of the job in case someone is unable to fulfill them. I thought of the rotation program, but I'm thinking even then that could just be a rotation of responsibilities and the other admins can still hop in and fill in when necessary.

That brings up the topic of if someone has ideas, we could simply PM the admin in charge. If that admin agrees the other admin can update/participate for them.

I don't know a thing about Mafia, but it's a popular forum game. I don't want to be held responsible for something I don't know a thing about, but I'd be interested in observing it to see if this is something I could do in the future.

@mashiro-chann/Pinapple-Apple. What is your opinion?
Feb 1, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2013
That's why I would probably like to host a simple mafia game soon where all of our staff members participate to get to know each other and also learn the game's mechanics a bit better.

We need mashiro-chann/Pinapple-Apple's opinion for the moment.
Feb 1, 2015 4:15 PM
Feb 2014
Xiaraith said:

So how about the following:
ReynTime: Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime, Updating the anime relations
mashiro-chann/Pinapple-Apple: Handling mafia related business,
Xiaraith: Managing the Question of the Day Thread
and mashiro + me still decide who does "Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season" and "Handling club affiliation requests"

This has the jobs I picked out to do so I'm up for this.
Of course, in the future if i learn the ropes of the Mafia game, I wouldn't mind doing it at all. It's just not something I'm really interested in as of now and I too will be tight on time soon.

Has someone PM Pinapple-Apple already?
Feb 1, 2015 6:46 PM

May 2014
I still have a few more cards to make.
I might make more than I plan. uvu
Feb 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2014
belxfran-tsu said:
I still have a few more cards to make.
I might make more than I plan. uvu

Very quickly done~ Your cards looks great :3 I'll try to get mines done soon as well.
Feb 1, 2015 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
I edited the airing anime on the front page since I still had this exact list in stock after making it mid December, and we want it up sooner rather than later. Feel free to edit it for a better appearance.
Feb 2, 2015 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
i am in a mafia game, but im just a beginner and idk much about it.
maybe i can handle the affiliation requests or update the SOL animes.
Feb 2, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm, tori opened sign-ups for the next mafia game, and I'm sure that we as a staff team will always be able to find someone to host additional games or people who participate. I might supervise this, but as I said, I can't exactly say how often I'll be able to come online each day during the next months. I would at least be able to come online each evening to update the Question of the Day thread.
Feb 2, 2015 4:44 PM

Dec 2012
Tell you what Xiaraith, why don't you temporarily supervise the Mafia game and slowly teach Pinapple-Apple and myself the job?
Feb 2, 2015 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
I don't think that there's overly much to this job, next to finding hosts and doing advertisement for the games. I'm sure that people are usually acting according to the rules, and the respective host is responsible for the actual game mechanics and the game flow.
You'll see how it works in the magical girl game. Ask away if you've got any other questions ~
Feb 3, 2015 10:51 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like we didn't make much progress. Let's finalize somethings so we can get things rolling.

If you don't like this, please let everyone know. Since I made this up, this has my approval.

ReynTime: Managing the Upcoming Slice of Life Anime,
Pinapple-Apple & ReynTime : Handling mafia related business + Updating the anime relations
Xiaraith: Managing the Question of the Day Thread + "Editing the "airing" portion of the layout each season"
Pinapple-Apple - "Handling club affiliation requests"

If we want to tackle into another area, we can post here to notify the responsible mod. We can come back to switching up roles in 2-3 months to see if everyone's happy.
Feb 4, 2015 7:16 AM
Feb 2014
Sounds good to me.
Feb 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
Sure, I'm fine with that.
Feb 5, 2015 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
yeah thats perfectly fine.
Feb 5, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
I agree.
Feb 5, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2014
DarkVocaloid said:

Very quickly done~ Your cards looks great :3 I'll try to get mines done soon as well.

Good to be finished uvu your cards look wonderful as well!
Feb 6, 2015 1:21 AM

Sep 2013
I can start the Question of the Day thread this evening. Tori, if there are any specifics to it, tell me now rather than later...
Feb 6, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2014
I'm adding my Intro cards soon;
Just wondering but is there any of you; @belxfran-tsu @Em-neechan who'll add an intro to it?
Because if neither of you does then I won't either:x

BU / / / / / dev
Feb 6, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
VanityStar said:
I'm adding my Intro cards soon;
Just wondering but is there any of you; @belxfran-tsu @Em-neechan who'll add an intro to it?
Because if neither of you does then I won't either:x

You can clearly tell that we didn't add an intro lul... you don't have to be like us and not add an intro. Honestly, it's all up to you. btw I love your cards *-* Aish I forgot to put how many people can request -edits it-
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 11:14 AM

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.