Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
1) It being an absolute rule would be completely irrational, or just short-sided. Even if it was an absolute, how could you choose between these two people who goes to the void? Neither did anything even remotely close to deserve that fate.

2) Onna is there to help Decim better understand what it means to be human, and based off Decim's mannerisms in this new ep, in comparison to the the last two, she seems to be having an effect on him. Whether it's a good, or bad, effect? We'll just have to wait and see.
Okay... so one more question: At what point was it established her name is Onna? I only remember it was being stated that she had no name at all.
Jan 23, 2015 8:28 PM

Sep 2013
such a heartbreaking episode

Jan 23, 2015 8:33 PM

Jan 2015
FateHero said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
1) It being an absolute rule would be completely irrational, or just short-sided. Even if it was an absolute, how could you choose between these two people who goes to the void? Neither did anything even remotely close to deserve that fate.

2) Onna is there to help Decim better understand what it means to be human, and based off Decim's mannerisms in this new ep, in comparison to the the last two, she seems to be having an effect on him. Whether it's a good, or bad, effect? We'll just have to wait and see.
Okay... so one more question: At what point was it established her name is Onna? I only remember it was being stated that she had no name at all.

Lol, yeah. I found out by googling "Death Parade characters" XD.
Jan 23, 2015 8:37 PM
Dec 2014
FateHero said:

Onna means woman...she doesn't have a name so we just call her woman XD

Great episode! It really changed the pace, which I liked. I am a little disappointed that they were so willing to play the game though... I think that instance could have been executed better
Jan 23, 2015 8:42 PM

Apr 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Even if it was an absolute, how could you choose between these two people who goes to the void? Neither did anything even remotely close to deserve that fate.
I asked myself the same question while watching. Although technically, Mai did get plastic surgery so she could get Miura's attention. Not saying it's THAT bad, but still, that could have been a quote unquote "deciding factor"

I still just feel like the purpose of Quindecim was stepped on a bit in this episode.
Jan 23, 2015 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Bowling you say?
Jan 23, 2015 8:58 PM
Dec 2010
FateHero said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Even if it was an absolute, how could you choose between these two people who goes to the void? Neither did anything even remotely close to deserve that fate.
I asked myself the same question while watching. Although technically, Mai did get plastic surgery so she could get Miura's attention. Not saying it's THAT bad, but still, that could have been a quote unquote "deciding factor"

I still just feel like the purpose of Quindecim was stepped on a bit in this episode.

'Would you really continue watching this anime if getting plastic surgery was a deciding factor to being sent to the void? I mean the logic in that would be so flawed and ridiculous it would be hard to continue watching. That being said the show has presented that the arbiters know from the very beginning what kind of lives they lived (which is the real deciding factor of their destination and not the memories we get to see in the episode which even the arbiters don't know). Remember the woman in the first episode who was sent to the void? We still don't know the truth as to why because we aren't presented with how they lived their lives unlike the arbiters who do. All we know is she had a one time thing with some dude before the marriage and impregnation. And if you watch the OVA (the first episode of the story basically) the young male was killed by his girlfriend for cheating and still was reincarnated (with literally no memories signalling he was good dude so we had to assume he was and that the memories we saw were only to make the episode interesting and learn a little about their overall character) and the old male was sent to the void with literally no sign as to why he was sentenced there. Most of his memories were him with his old wife living peacefully and little flashbacks within the memory of him being a possible victim of world war 2 and possibly partaking in it but I'm not sure, still nothing worth sentencing to the void based on what WE saw in the episode).

TLDR: The memories we see don't mean shit as to why they will go to void or reincarnation rather that is all ready decided by the arbiters who know how they lived their life and if they did "good" or "bad" or "neutral" which would probably send them to reincarnation.
koolvidJan 23, 2015 9:01 PM
blaze it
Jan 23, 2015 9:06 PM

Feb 2010
Rather tame episode, I expected it to go crazy but it didn't. It wasn't too interesting but I guess it's good that not every case is the same.
Jan 23, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
Jimbe said:
kostas66 said:

It seems that there is no need of a strong connection.. Just a connection between the two people...

Yes, there's no need for a connection. In the OVA (Death Billiards) the 2 people were unrelated

That's not completely right. Yes the two men had seemingly never met but they both had a connection to billiards. The old man played it for glory and the young man was playing for fun.

Which is something the first episode of the anime lacked. And where the third episode had a small connection with them seeing each other again at her job at the ally.
[center][/center]
Jan 23, 2015 9:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
baseddookie said:
Do you guys think we will find out anything about Decims or the others past?
Yes, we will sometime down the road because there are 4 more characters that have yet to be introduced, all with roles very pivotal to the story behind QuinDecim amongst some other things
TokoyaJan 23, 2015 9:20 PM
Jan 23, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
A tear jerker episode... Ugh, anime, why u do dis.
Jan 23, 2015 9:33 PM
Jul 2014
What a heartwarming episode! They both deserved a happy ending imo.
Jan 23, 2015 9:40 PM

Dec 2013
I cried.

This episode, the feels were so real...

I can't believe how nice it can be sometimes.

The plot twists. I love the romance in this episode. It was amazing.

So beautiful life can be.

lol Decim u are so bad at making jokes~

5/5 i love this show.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 23, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was so beautiful! Its really sad that she had to change herself to look like the other girl to get his attention though :(
Jan 23, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
decim's joke was just...great, totally funny
and this episode really explained what each face means i suppose
Jan 23, 2015 10:43 PM

Aug 2009
Was on the edge of my seat dreading the bad things to start happening... pleasantly surprised by this ;_;
Jan 23, 2015 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
FateHero said:
I'm a little confused, both of them got reincarnated? I realize they were both good people, but I thought the point of Quindecim was that one of the two people that came in HAD to go to the void.

To be honest, I kind of feel like having the ability to be reincarnate both people kind of defeats the point of having arbiters in the first place. Quindecim is a place specially used for deciding the fate of two people that died in the same instant, but unless there are arbiters for different cases, I don't see why it isn't an absolute rule that one gets reincarnated and one goes to the void.
I guess there might be, there are other arbiters that don't seem to be involved in Quindecim at all, and at least 14 other floors we don't know what are for yet, but still, I feel like it defeats the purpose.

anyway, with that out of the way: what exactly is the new girl's role here, she's supposed to be an arbiter too right? So how come she didn't get the people's memories when they came in? Is it just because she's "in training" or is it something else?

On the contrary, if there is always one person out of two that get sent to void, that will be what defeat the purpose of Quindecim.

They pit 2 person against each other because that is the bare minimum needed for Quindecim's style of judging human. With only one person, arbiters at Quindecim can't really observe how individuals will interact with others(behavior)
So Quindecim is there to judge individuals, not compare two individuals and get rid of the greater evil.

On another note, anyone else feel that Onna scoring a strike is a hint that she is actually chisato?
ChiyousagiJan 23, 2015 10:59 PM
Jan 23, 2015 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode, great couple. Not many misteries but really well done and heart-touching.
I hope they could meet in their next life again.
Miura-kun is a true man, respects for him.
Jan 23, 2015 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
This episode shows that Death Parade can come up with various scenarios that are unusual enough to maintain optimal interest. I'm glad I stuck to this anime.
Jan 23, 2015 11:37 PM

Oct 2012
I was so sure it would end badly so that was very unexpected but great episode nonetheless.
Hope those masks above the elevators actually indicate where they go.
Jan 23, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2012
Hikarusuke said:
Very good episode. Both of them deserved a reincarnation they were both honest about everything.

One thing I'm confused about though is that girl was Mia right and not the other girl right?

Yeah, that was Mai, not Chisato. She had plastic surgery to look like Chisato (but no one knows whether she looked like the real Chisato or not)
Jan 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Apr 2010
VanishingKira said:
At first I thought the girl was transgender,but since that seemed unlikely also had a feeling that the girl wasn't who she said she was.

Duuuuudeee
Jan 24, 2015 12:06 AM

Feb 2014
That was a beautiful episode! So much feeling and touching moments.
Jan 24, 2015 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
Wait wat? This show is allowed to have happy feels endings?

Well damn that felt good. Episode was easy to understand, and I assume it'll stay that way from now on since ep.2 was the info dump.

The only other real question I had about the show after the info dump, was whether or not both participants had the chance to get sent to the same destination. Didn't expect them to answer it the week after, lol.

I like that the ED always has like filler stuff to add into the show. Episode 1 had the memories of the wedding and stuff, and this episode had their little date.

Thinking back at the beginning of this game, when the memories first appeared; it actually could've been possible to deduce that the girl wasn't Chisato when both of their memories were from the same perspective (both looking at the childhood friend leaving with her mom). Had it actually been Chisato, I would assume her flashbacks would be from her perspective, looking at the guy and the other girl.

But...I wasn't smart enough to think about that until it was over...

I still always do a double take when I watch the OP. It's like:

"yea y'know, when we aren't being arbiters for the souls of the damned in a usually dark, mind break filled scenario, we actually have a kickass time down here. Pretty much on our days off we all dance like crazy, get fucking piss drunk, set up amusement park rides, dance and get turnt some more, then back to work the next day".
Jan 24, 2015 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
rsc-pl said:
5/5, I almost CRIED!

Ps. I want this sondtrack NOW. It is perfect.

Ps 2. And this is AOTS for me, great job. One of the only few really good shows produced by Madhouse.

Fucking wat? Madhouse makes plenty of really good shows.
Jan 24, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
That was an awesome episode! I was waiting like here we go, one of them is a complete asshole but nope none of them were! :D
Seriously though, when they were saying that there was something wrong about her I thought she was going to reveal that she was actually a guy! XD
Jan 24, 2015 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
Damn!!! When the guy asked her to go on a date with him right now, I droped a tear or two =D And my Heart couldnt stop beating so fast =D That was a very nice episode!

Next one ARCADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interesting!!!

Who knew even after dying, you can still find Happiness =D

Edit: I think this anime just let me scream YOLO!!!!! LOL
MachinationJan 24, 2015 12:52 AM
Jan 24, 2015 12:58 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, what a great episode. While it had the dark mysterious atmosphere throughout, there was a tender and touching feeling to it all. Not sure how I feel about the two characters, nor do I know how they truly felt about each other deep inside the heart, but I believe both deserve to go to heaven - reincarnation, nobody did any evil sins. Happiness after death, what a touching feeling this episode gave me.
Jan 24, 2015 1:28 AM

Jan 2015
This episode really took a turn from what we've seen until now, especially in Death Billiards. But it was a good move to variate the pace - we were all expecting something tragic to happen.

I really want to know what would have happened if they were shown the puppets and thought they play for survival. Without the life threat the game progressed towards a happy ending, but if it was otherwise, would Shigeru lose on purpose?

Landos said:
Why does this show only do two people? Why not everyone who died in the bus?

Things are too convenient for my liking and the choosing of the individuals doesn't make any sense.

7/10. Decent episode but we need more information on how the world works.

On the official website they mention more about how souls are paired and sent to the different bars - translation here: http://goo.gl/Cw51aI
Jan 24, 2015 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
-Meh, this story wasn't even at the level of the 1st story. If it's not vague enough, it's boring? everything got revealed & ended happily ever after...

-well, can't wait for the case where both people go to hell.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 24, 2015 1:52 AM

Aug 2008
The date they never had when they were alive. Quite touching, really.
Jan 24, 2015 2:53 AM
Mar 2013
Ok, so I don't know if this is just going completely over my head here or what, but how do you know where they went? Is there a clear sign saying "Hey! This person's going to the void and this one is going to be reincarnated!"?
Jan 24, 2015 2:54 AM

Aug 2014
Can't wait for next week, i'm really enjoying the anime so far! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 3:06 AM

Nov 2012
wow, this was a great episode, and i liked that it didn't feel as overly dramatic as the other games. i wonder which one is going to the void and which one to reincarnation though, i really can't tell..
Jan 24, 2015 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
RIGHT IN DA FEELS
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 24, 2015 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
Best episode yet for me, proves how we don't need characters going crazy every episode. Felt really fresh, and delivered some feels. 5/5
Jan 24, 2015 3:42 AM
Nov 2010
Awesome episode. I was actually expecting this to be similar to episode 1, but it turns out that this story is bittersweet as opposed to the 1st story. I'm also glad that they both went to heaven. Everything turned out good in the end! They'll probably reunite in their next lives :)
Jan 24, 2015 3:54 AM
Mar 2013
This is actually a very interesting series. Winning or losing the game itself is irrelevant, they recover their memories throughout the game, and the bartender judges them according to their reactions. Here's a question though, when does pain become involved in a game? Is it according to their situation? Coz the 1st one was dark and shit, involving cheating and deception. But this episode, pain was not involved.
Jan 24, 2015 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
It was a sweet episode, I'm glad they both were reincarnated.
Jan 24, 2015 4:14 AM
Sep 2014
I loved this.
Jan 24, 2015 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
Judging from this atmosphere of this ep....maybe next ep will have opposite atmosphere....and both of them are going to send into Void....
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jan 24, 2015 4:38 AM

Feb 2014
Decim saying a joke with his poker face really caught me off guard. XD

This was one brilliant episode. I'm glad that both Mai and Shigeru were reincarnated in the end. I was expecting something dark to butt its way into this episode, but thankfully that didn't happen. A definite feels episode indeed. =D
Jan 24, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Kilgore301 said:
Ok, so I don't know if this is just going completely over my head here or what, but how do you know where they went? Is there a clear sign saying "Hey! This person's going to the void and this one is going to be reincarnated!"?

Well I could tell from the lights when the door closed they both went up but maybe it was something to do with the design of the elevator.
Jan 24, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
Look such a nice episode ^_^

exLightning said:
Kilgore301 said:

Well I could tell from the lights when the door closed they both went up but maybe it was something to do with the design of the elevator.

Look at the masks on top of the elevator from the end of episode one and the end of this episode
ObjurgoJan 24, 2015 4:59 AM
Jan 24, 2015 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
1st story still the best, closure wasn't nearly as good.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 24, 2015 5:09 AM

Aug 2008
Brilliant episode. Love the story here. Better than the previous two. Both of them got reincarnated right? Hopefully they both got to see each other again in next life.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 24, 2015 5:32 AM

Jan 2012
Really nice ep :) It was quite cute although sad... I'm really glad that both can go to reincarnation :D
Jan 24, 2015 5:38 AM

Oct 2014
A happy ending?!

So I guess it does happen sometimes.
Jan 24, 2015 5:42 AM

Sep 2014
I really wonder why do people think void is the worse option :D?
Jan 24, 2015 5:43 AM

Jan 2008
Before the mention of plastic surgery I first thought the guys were whispering about her getting pregnant and having an abortion in high school or something.. It would have been interesting to see if something like that would have affected the judgment in any way. o.o Plastic surgery didn't feel like much of a "reveal" in comparison, especially considering that she was a cute girl to begin with as opposed to being very unusual looking to the point of being bullied at school. Or her being a dude.

... I don't know, a cute episode but I do think it could have been more interesting.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.