Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, I'm surprised with the tone of this episode compared to the first. This one was a lot more relaxing and ended on a happy yet bittersweet note. Really surprised that Death Parade can have these sorts of episodes too. I almost got teary-eyed by the end of the episode, probably my favourite one so far.
5/5
Jan 23, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
I was actually expecting something "dark" like the "first case".
Sure was good to see that wasn't the case.

And the twist was good :3
Jan 23, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Oh thank God Mai didn't go to the void, I thought she was for a second there--I thought she was going to the void because she had to create a new lie of herself in order to get a boy's attention and thus was pretending to be the other pretty girl they were friends with. I forgot that the masks above the elevators do change depending on the person's destination.

That makes me feel better now, but that's still like the second time this anime brought me to tears. Dammit, Death Parade, why are you so full of feels? I can only handle it so much at a time.
Jan 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Apr 2011
Wait both of them got reincarnated? Where did that got mentioned?

nvm..saw the mask both are white and no demon..
Jan 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
That twist right near the end there I did not expect that. They both definitely deserve to get reincarnated.
Jan 23, 2015 4:38 PM

Nov 2007
I am glad none of them went to hell or whatever.........But it was still sad. People should not die young.
Jan 23, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
i liked this outcome i knew there was a 3rd person but wasn't expecting that ending...just glad it was a somewhat "happier" ending and overall sad but oddly relaxing episode
Jan 23, 2015 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
It could have been more epic if she was a dude, so the surgery thing did make sense. Good episode nonetheless. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 23, 2015 4:57 PM

Jun 2014
Harlequina said:
Mirorin said:
But I expected Mai to actually be a guy

Haha, I had that thought for a short moment as well while watching. That maybe she was a guy before in life and had a sex change.
Same, it was an instant "It's a trap!" feeling for me.

It's nice to see that Death Parade has a calming factor to it. Too much drama is way too much stuff to put in someone's head imo.

I have a feeling from the preview that it'll be somewhat the opposite feeling next episode.
Jan 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2010
Damn...that was heartwarming and beautiful.
While watching, I expected some horrible realization to come out - some sin that would send one of them to hell.

But wow, was I surprised. In an awesome way.
This has just made me so happy.

Death Parade has yet to disappoint. I'm loving the momentum, the shifts, and I hope this will keep up...<3
Ahh, now I can't wait till next week.
Haven't been this excited about an anime in a looong time. The story knows how to pace, how to both rile up and appease its viewers.
This is just great writing. Best show this season, hands down.

I pray they find each other in reincarnation as well.
They still haven't shown how Decim actually chooses where to send each person. Like is it all from his mind, or does he have a button to press? Hope we'll see more of that. See? When I actually like an anime, I care enough to want to know more about it, lol. I'm totally stuck in the Death Parade universe!
fishergirl16Jan 23, 2015 5:09 PM
Jan 23, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
P0K3Gaming said:
Harlequina said:

Haha, I had that thought for a short moment as well while watching. That maybe she was a guy before in life and had a sex change.
Same, it was an instant "It's a trap!" feeling for me.

WHEW, feels good not to be the only mentally ill person who thought that.
Jan 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Jun 2009
cute and easy .
thank the lord it wasn't some intense mind game again~
so they both moved on . yay
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jan 23, 2015 5:05 PM
Mar 2014
Very, very sweet episode, and really pleasantly surprised me. The series so far is top-notch (when it comes to anime - of course there are minor errors but nothing really breaking yet), but I didn't know whether it was going to be dark all the time. Glad it can be more bittersweet like this instead of bitter and dark only.
5/5
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jan 23, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 2014
This episode was bellow my expectations, It's hard to swallow that both of them accepted to play a death game without thinking twice. Plus the idea of the plastic surgery... Ì think MH slipped in this ep.
Jan 23, 2015 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
If every episode is amazing as this one, easy AOTS
Jan 23, 2015 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
Landos said:
Samboni said:

I feel like this is something that'll probably have at least a slight explanation. Not sure, but it just seems to me like they will explain why they pick a specific pair that dies at the same time and not just a random couple. My idea is that maybe it just picks those people with the most significant connections to each other? In this instance it would be because they were childhood friends, the last couple would be because they were newlyweds.

First episode had newlyweds.

This episode had vague friends as children.

The problem I have is the relationship in the first one is a lot stronger than the relationship in the second. Sure they reconnected during the episode but they weren't that close growing up, hence why the girl got the surgery.

Really wish the girl with the black hair would ask questions, to fill the audience in. Three episodes in and are we still clueless on how things operate in the world of Death Parade.

Well, they at least died at the same time and location. I assume it also has something to do with that.

What I forgot: It seems like there have been quite a few cases considering Onna's reaction for this couple.
Jan 23, 2015 5:13 PM
Jul 2012
Would've been 10 times better is she were transgender

Just saying...
Jan 23, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode, it's nice to know that there is an option for both to have a good end.
Jan 23, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2014
That was so cute :) and onna cracks me up, I love her xD
Jan 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
Oooh totally didn't expect it to turn out nicely. I was expecting them to go crazy like the last couple but this is much better.
Jan 23, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty nice episode. They went both to heaven right? I'm not totally sure but I think so since both "elevator masks" were smiling.
Jan 23, 2015 5:24 PM

Jan 2014
Completely surprised me. Provided a good warm balance to everything and I loved it.
Jan 23, 2015 5:31 PM
Aug 2010
Add me to the list of people that thought the "big" secret was that she was formerly a he. It indeed would have had much more impact than simply, "oh, that wasn't actually me. I was the other friend." When the actual twist was revealed, I was literally saying to mysef, "What, seriously? That's it...?".

I guess on that tangent, is plastic surgery that big a deal/looked down upon/judged in Japan? I know in South Korea it's almost getting to the point where you're strange if you don't get touched up here and there. When the guy's friends at the bowling alley whisper him the big bad secret, my #1 guess was that she was viewed as a "slut" (pardon the term) and/or prostituted herself out, which would fit much more in line with the broad strokes about peoples' judgement of others that we see so often in anime nowadays.

Nice, warm feeling episode after all is said and done, but I can't help but feel the seemingly big plot twist was a big let down.
Jan 23, 2015 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Loved that little twist.
Good to see that there was a happy ending I guess for both Miura and Mai.
LOL at Decim and his joke about allowing them a 5min date.
Both got reincarnated which was great and well deserved.
Loving that OP song. One of the best this season.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 23, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2010
10/10 episode. It was so depressing kinda heartwarming at the same time, and I like the fact that there is no reverse episode this time, no need to be spoon fed anymore right?

Next episode looks even more interesting, good job Madhouse.
Jan 23, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
God, what a sweet episode..
Love it..
Jan 23, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Glad they both went to heaven.
Jan 23, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Miragee said:
Landos said:

First episode had newlyweds.

This episode had vague friends as children.

The problem I have is the relationship in the first one is a lot stronger than the relationship in the second. Sure they reconnected during the episode but they weren't that close growing up, hence why the girl got the surgery.

Really wish the girl with the black hair would ask questions, to fill the audience in. Three episodes in and are we still clueless on how things operate in the world of Death Parade.

Well, they at least died at the same time and location. I assume it also has something to do with that.

What I forgot: It seems like there have been quite a few cases considering Onna's reaction for this couple.

As far I noticed until now only couples (don't need to be married) which died at the same time will meet in Quindecim and play the 'death game'.

I just don't think it's the case of Onna because it looks like she was choosen to be one arbitrator in the future.

@Decim's joke made me laugh loud here, this episode was very refreshing and interesting.
Jan 23, 2015 6:12 PM
Apr 2013
A really cute, heartwarming episode.
It was really interesting to see them kinda ignoring the fact that their lifes were at stake and start to plan a date when they were done.
Also kinda saw it coming when Mai said she'd never go anywhere, but she didn't apperar on screen.
I agree with some people here though, it might have been more interesting if she were transgender. It would be a huge slap on society's face.
Jan 23, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
Loved this episode! So glad they aren't going to have horrible breakdowns and fights every episode. This one worked just fine without them. It was sweet, but sorrowful, and in the end it was ultimately optimistic.
I'm so glad we know both people can be reincarnated now. If one necessarily had to go to hell and another to heaven, it would feel a bit like forced drama. I hope we'll see a duo get both sent to void later on.
Also, next episode is going to a fighting game. ever since I saw the controller in the OP, I've been hoping for an episode about it. I'm hype. :D
Jan 23, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2012
Great ep, thought they gonna go same pattern like ep 1..
its so positively depressing, but happy they both can be reincarnated,..

Jan 23, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
R-OrioN said:
That bowling environment is awesome , like the episode :) Happy for both players

yeah ay would be sick to go bowling there
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Jul 2014
A beautiful episode, probably end up being my favourite of the season
Jan 23, 2015 6:40 PM
Dec 2014
I just love every single episode of this anime thus far. It just does so many things right!
This may well be the anime of the season.
Jan 23, 2015 6:45 PM

Nov 2014
I was expecting a transgender twist too, actually, but they still shocked me with what ended up happening anyways.

I'm really happy with how this episode played out. As it got closer to the end, I kept hoping that everything would turn out alright because they deserve to be happy, so I'm extremely relieved that's how it finished.

...Needs more Nona, though.
Jan 23, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2014
The tone of the episode had me really scared that something crazy was going to happen up until the very end. Sweet episode though.
Jan 23, 2015 6:57 PM

Aug 2014
That bus accident... Right in the fucking head too damn.
Jan 23, 2015 7:00 PM
Feb 2014
Do you guys think we will find out anything about Decims or the others past?
A sneakerhead at heart. Shoes, booty, and basedgod is life.
Jan 23, 2015 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
baseddookie said:
Do you guys think we will find out anything about Decims or the others past?

Last couple of episodes. My theory is that they're dead...? But at the same time alive... (?)

I don't even know lol
Jan 23, 2015 7:06 PM

Oct 2013
That's 3 eps and guess I'm in for the full ride. Death Billiard's basically look's like a lighter version of Jigoku Shoujo to me, which can be fun of course.
Jan 23, 2015 7:37 PM
Dec 2013
Perfect time for this meme

Now I am expecting at least one episode with 2 go to void.

Also this place is just a judgement day for the dead. Being judged parties don't have to be related/connected. But have a connection may be easier to be judged.

And for this episode, just like other said. They may be the only 2 are died. But even if more died, other may be judged at different place/room/floor. It may be the "boss" (God) decision to put these two to be judged together. (for good or for testing them) So I don't think the anime have to explain this to the viewer.
Jan 23, 2015 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
This episode. I did not expect this outcome, it was great. When the bartender said the ball wont do any pain to them, and they kept on playing like normal I was waiting for the whole shit to turn into hell. Their stories were little bit sad, she changed herself for the boy. At least, they both went to heaven.

Best line " Will five minutes be ok?"
Jan 23, 2015 7:54 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. More heartwarming than the last two, but at the same time the game comes across as a bit stagnant. There really was no mention of an outcome for the game. You would have thought that they would scare the two players to drag out the nitty-gritty nature lurking inside them for judgement, but it didn't happen at all.

Well, at least they answered my question from the previous episode about both players being sent in the same direction.

Childhood friends who grew apart because the girl was looking at the boy but the boy was looking elsewhere. Girl attempts to replicate the other girls face, succeeds in getting boys attention, but before anything further could develop, traffic accident and off to Decim's bar we go.....

I have nothing against plastic surgery. It's a personal choice for the person undergoing it, and it really doesn't affect other people, outside of their close friends and family, much. I do tend to see a lot of jokes and discriminatory remarks fly around regarding those who have done it though. Makes no sense to me. It's a good thing the boy had the heart to see past it and understand the girl's feelings.

Decim's joke was totally off, but I loved how Onna played her role as the assistant and the "straight man" so well. The way she was dragging out her "Hitotsu!" and "Futatsu!" reminded me of those old samurai movies where officials were giving out decrees from their Samurai warlords and such, plenty amusing to watch. Then to completely go bonkers at Decim's last joke, heh.

I do have a question with how everyone appears though. So you don't have to get off the elevator to reach the bar? The guy was just sleeping on a couch and the girl was already drinking at the bar.

Also, I kinda wonder if the games they play aren't all that random, but perhaps dependent on the situation. I mean, can you imagine what would happen if these two actually got the darts game? That would have been pretty crazy.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 23, 2015 7:57 PM
Apr 2014
This episode was so sweet. Instead of showing us the usual panic of surviving for yourself and the horrors of death, it gives us people who care for each other even if they're not alive. To me, that's very important.
Jan 23, 2015 8:00 PM

May 2014
Really good heartwarming episode. I was really sad that one of them had to go to the void, but it's good to see them both getting reincarnated.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jan 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2008
Loved the concept for this game, with the beating hearts, but that ending ;_;

Barion-Zara said:
...And Decim can actually make a joke :O He took me by surprise with the 5 minute date thing lol XD...

I literally burst out laughing at that part, nice combi with Onna :)
Jan 23, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
I'm a little confused, both of them got reincarnated? I realize they were both good people, but I thought the point of Quindecim was that one of the two people that came in HAD to go to the void.

To be honest, I kind of feel like having the ability to be reincarnate both people kind of defeats the point of having arbiters in the first place. Quindecim is a place specially used for deciding the fate of two people that died in the same instant, but unless there are arbiters for different cases, I don't see why it isn't an absolute rule that one gets reincarnated and one goes to the void.
I guess there might be, there are other arbiters that don't seem to be involved in Quindecim at all, and at least 14 other floors we don't know what are for yet, but still, I feel like it defeats the purpose.

anyway, with that out of the way: what exactly is the new girl's role here, she's supposed to be an arbiter too right? So how come she didn't get the people's memories when they came in? Is it just because she's "in training" or is it something else?
Jan 23, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2015
Not gonna lie, the last elevator scenes got me to shed at least one tear.

That's what you call true friendship right there.
Jan 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Jun 2012
Told a better love story than a lot of books I've read, so applause for that one. The episode made me sad and happy all in such a short amount of time, and the OST was used so well to bring out moods.
Jan 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Jan 2015
FateHero said:
I'm a little confused, both of them got reincarnated? I realize they were both good people, but I thought the point of Quindecim was that one of the two people that came in HAD to go to the void.

To be honest, I kind of feel like having the ability to be reincarnate both people kind of defeats the point of having arbiters in the first place. Quindecim is a place specially used for deciding the fate of two people that died in the same instant, but unless there are arbiters for different cases, I don't see why it isn't an absolute rule that one gets reincarnated and one goes to the void.
I guess there might be, there are other arbiters that don't seem to be involved in Quindecim at all, and at least 14 other floors we don't know what are for yet, but still, I feel like it defeats the purpose.

anyway, with that out of the way: what exactly is the new girl's role here, she's supposed to be an arbiter too right? So how come she didn't get the people's memories when they came in? Is it just because she's "in training" or is it something else?

1) It being an absolute rule would be completely irrational, or just short-sided. Even if it was an absolute, how could you choose between these two people who goes to the void? Neither did anything even remotely close to deserve that fate.

2) Onna is there to help Decim better understand what it means to be human, and based off Decim's mannerisms in this new ep, in comparison to the the last two, she seems to be having an effect on him. Whether it's a good, or bad, effect? We'll just have to wait and see.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

597 by Seraschi »»
May 1, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.