Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 8, 2015 7:32 AM

Oct 2012
Dat narration
You guys heard that?
Yeah 4th wall broken sound xD

Katou, the shadow girl xD

Yeah nothing is gonna happen even when he's with a girl until tomorrow xD
"Signature removed"
May 26, 2015 5:16 AM
Oct 2012
this katou girl is so fun to be friend with

edit : just noticed the galgame's end screen that they played is so similiar to Clannad's lol
tornberryzMay 28, 2015 10:56 PM
Jun 15, 2015 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
Quite a few Easter eggs lol.

Mainly in MC's room but also the game's end screen was kinda like clannads

Also, the waitress in the restaurant reminded me or Popura-chan from Working!!
Jun 18, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
Disgusting. Women are not born for males to shape them into their ideal expectations. This show is extremely sexist and cringeworthy. Kato is so unlikeable too.
Sep 7, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
"I've decided"
2x "On who?!"

"Meaning that I'm going to suddenly drop dead at the end like in this game?"

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

btw isn't the title and the ending screen of VN they played similar to Tomoyo After of Clannad? and the ending screen of second part of this VN looks exactly the same as Clannad VN! this tree and meadow! It is clannad! and MC says it is tearjerker VN!

"Make a man of me!" damn this Mc is hopeless ;d
and the way he goes angry all the time trying to explain what anime is :D
These explanations... anime haters should watch this episode (or maybe whole season?) and look from this MC point of view LOL :P
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 11, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
kato best so far...

Jan 20, 2016 1:57 AM

Jun 2011
Lmaoo, I hope Kato stays. She's definitely my favorite female character so far. True, she is not as cute as the other 2, but she feels so "down to earth" that I can't help but relate and fall in love with. XD

Hazukashii said:
Idk why but this episode felt kinda Shaft-y.
Felt a bit of that too, but better. Definitely better than Shinbou's aimless directionless "artistic" directing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 22, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
Well this just confirmed it that this is really gonna have a lot of people talking about stuff. A whole lot of talking. I guess I just have to put up with that. I can say though that it's not that bad. At least for now
Feb 2, 2016 3:27 PM
Feb 2015
Katou is just too fucking cute, I love her voice and her constant plain mood
Feb 8, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
Dat feet fight in the cafe XD
Mar 8, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
That cat-fight.. erhemn leg-fight in the cafe hahhaha.
Megumi's so awesome to just come over a boy's house to chill.

Tomo's rape face is already on and ready, her guts are praiseworthy.
I'm even more surprised from the fact that Megumi actually stay the night.
The best part is still Tomo's interaction with her though, it was just hysterical.
Tomo's dialog is full with emotions while she speaks monotonously.

Oh my gosh, the things this girl says are just.. LOL.
Mar 30, 2016 7:18 PM

Aug 2012
CLBGM said:

Lol at the SAO and Clannad references XD

I just fell in love with Katou :3

Also Menma!! whose Seiyuu is also in the show.
Jun 6, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
Too much blah.. blalh.. blah..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2013
animefan8800 said:
Well that certainly was an episode. Maybe I'm just tired by it seemed a bit...on the boring side. Maybe that's the point what with Kato being the focus and her being unremarkable being a plot point. We effectively only had two long scenes this week, the first at a restaurant and the second at Aki's. It was fine, though the dialogue really felt unnatural/scripted, moreso than I usually notice in anime. Perhaps a bit of a mix between it being a fairly meta series in general and my overall lack of interest due to fatigue gave me that impression though, I dunno.

At least the one waitress reminded me of Poplar from Working! :D

The waitress reminded me of her too, just couldn't remember her name :D
Oct 4, 2016 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
"Make a man out of me!" LOOOOL
Oct 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Hm this feels very average tbh, but I like the personality of that Katou girl. Unfortunately girls like that don't exist in real life :3
Nov 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
Such an amazing set of girls with such an annoying (and frankly embarrassing) MC. This pains me.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
I really like Katou :D
Jan 25, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
A Really Good Episode
Apr 1, 2017 5:04 AM

Nov 2014
wow, it's pretty rare for me to warm up to a second episode of an anime when I didn't like the first one. very fun episode, hopefully the show keeps on this track.
May 22, 2017 9:51 PM

Nov 2013
This is getting better, finally. The first episode was "is this really worth watching?" but the characters are starting to settle in and somewhat of a story is emerging now.
Jun 1, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
An amusing episode.

I like Kato's personality. She's dead inside.

Jul 5, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, so I think this may be one of those shows where the best girl is actually the main one. Which is ironic, considering she's supposed to be boring. But her wit is actually really funny to me and I dig her voice and how the character is handled so far, so I'm pretty happy about this episode. The other two seem okay too, I like the little fight they had under the table. Going by the posts for the first few episodes, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Tomoya so much. He's so earnest and over the top that I find him amusing, I guess I can see how someone could find him annoying though.

I think it's kind of clever, though how Katou is handled. Like I alluded to above, more often than not the main heroine is overshadowed by the other heroines in harem anime and I like how this show is incorporating that in it's plot. How the camera in the diner scene focuses more on the surrounding people than Katou as she talks, how she's shown in the back ground in some scenes in the previous episode, and hell how she was so......unimportant in ep 0 that I thought she was a temporary character that would be replaced by the actual main heroine. I kind of like it tbh.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 5, 2017 8:21 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 29, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
Megumi looks, acts and sounds boring, but everything she says is very logical, which makes Tomoya's point of view look silly and exaggerated. Not bad, I guess.
Nov 19, 2017 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
I love how blunt Tomoya is lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
This one is coming off on-hold.

Well Katou is.... different. Actually she is a surprising breath of fresh air. Doesn't really fall into the stereotypes of general anime girls that the other two do. It is nice.
Dec 29, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2017
The first episode was alright but this one was...painful to watch lol.

All those stereotypical otaku jokes and the forceful 4th wall breaking just makes this cringeworthy instead of funny.

Oh and the MC is a pain in the ass can't stand that guy lmao
Jan 10, 2018 9:29 AM

May 2015
Katou best girl. She doesn't give a single fuck. ;D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 13, 2018 10:11 PM
Jan 2018
I liked the waiter being a reference to Working! the waiter being Popura Taneshima I think but correct me if im wrong
Feb 11, 2018 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
I like how nothing makes sense but IT'S AWESOME
These character interactions are gold
bonjour
Apr 11, 2018 2:34 AM
Feb 2018
This is probably the first time where I like the male MC protag in a harem anime.

Tomoya is just full of energy and passion and his remarks are funny at times. He reminds me of the madu scientist hououin kyouma.

Sato on the other hand is quiet but she makes a lot of good rebuttals. She reminds me a bit of Senjougahara.

Eriri and Utaha are also fun character and its always interesting to have them on screen.
Nov 15, 2018 12:56 PM
Jun 2016
Megumi is immediately my favorite character in the show. She's so chill and understanding.

I still don't really like the MC. He's pretty self-centered and likes to scream a lot apparently. Of course, that doesn't mean he's a bad character, I just don't like him. Also, him being thay way is a good thing because it contrasts with Megumi's personality and it helps to define their characters. Same goes with the other two girls, who are more outgoing. I hope they learn from each other as the show continues.

The animation quality of this episode drops in comparison to the first, but the art is still ok and the interactions between characters were fun. I'll continue watching this.
May 31, 2019 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
I love how this dude is so intense. It's like he slams the gas pedal every time he speaks.
Jun 18, 2019 5:45 PM

May 2017
Megumi so funny , the way she speak , this monotone and direct answer , like she dont give a shi* yet shes there playing eroge with an otaku all night, she then tried to escape , "make me a man" that he said , then she agree lol

Watched this anime twice, watching again for megumi dead voice xb
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 10, 2019 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
make me a man 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

chose ur words oha 😆

2bad the other 2wern't there to hear him 😆

Sugram22Jul 10, 2019 1:39 AM
Jul 12, 2019 1:58 AM

Aug 2018
Damn this ep got me laughed so hard xD
One of the funniest ep i ever watch

This mc have a lot of guts to speak to these pretty girls and ask a girl that interest him a lot to stay in his house even to stay overnight together like absolute madman

Kato like so chill in whole episode
I like her personality, i like also the other girls but shes my fav so far

Enjoying this series so far
Thank God i found this anime
SOP-IIJul 12, 2019 2:04 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 16, 2019 12:25 AM

Oct 2010
Kato is easily the best girl :) she’s boring, but she has funny remarks
Dec 2, 2019 9:59 PM

Feb 2019
A funny episode seeing Megumi and Tomoya's interactions.

I still find it interesting how they made the series also visually show Megumi's lack of presence. In a lot of the scenes, specifically the scenes at the restaurant, they just put her in unnatural spots on the camera that takes away out attention from her and focuses it on something else (like the waitress). I think they really did a nice job because I kept noticing this from episode 00 to episode 1 and now finally here too. They deliberately kept her out of the attention because that's how she is, despite being the main heroine. I love that.

It was also funny seeing Tomoya's reaction to being told that he is one of the school's top celebrities lol. Megumi's definitely the only normal one in that circle, unremarkable, but still best girl for me! She's just way too cute and her underwhelming reactions are so funny.

Was the ending to that game a parody of Clannad's ending? That tree really reminds me of Clannad.

Loving this series.
May 31, 2020 1:55 PM
Jan 2011
Just finished this episode, surprised no one wrote anything for 5 years hear. Anyways. I'm curious how it will continue as for me, Kato is already perfect. That is the most perfect girls every, not being grossed out of any Otaku subject, including to try and approachable, not irritated even if annoyed. An absolute perfect modern normal girl.
Sep 25, 2020 11:46 PM

Aug 2017
After that cliche boring first episode, this one really made me laugh.

I really like Katou's character and would love to see more of her. Her carefree attitude is really amazing and it made me want to watch her more!!!

Jan 14, 2021 10:11 PM

Jul 2017
The directing and camera shots in this episode was poor but it was a fairly good episode I have to say, much better than the first one. Ironically with the show intending the main heroine to be boring and docile, I found her boring and indifferent the first time I saw this show. But despite not changing much from then, I find her right now to be a lot more entertaining to watch as she plays off Tomoya well with their interactions. The whole cafe scene was a visual mess, the opposite of Monogatari when it comes to handling lengthy exposition and conversation, as it feels so dull to watch and the background events happening isn't funny at all too.

But when they were communicating at Tomoya's place as Tomoya tries to show her the appeal of 2D romance games, they played off each other nicely and the sarcastic/tsukkomi-level responses from Megumi worked really well with said docile personality. Good pacing too overall for the slow-burn progress of these two characters' relationship together as... acquaintances? Hard to describe what they exactly are.
May 2, 2021 11:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This feels witty and bland at the same time. I’ll give it one more episode to see how I really feel about this. Also did the PS3 really open up like that when you had to insert the disc lol??

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 12, 2021 12:15 AM

Jun 2020
Is this a date with Megumi kind of unbelievable but it's just a small talk coming from Tomoya

Tomoya really needs to work on this idea of his and has to make Kasumigaoka and Sawamura approve his idea

They really did an all-nighter for that sim game and still, I think Megumi at least learned a little bit from that right.
Jul 18, 2021 4:18 AM

Jul 2015
I feel bad for Katou being so plain that she is forgettable and the way Tomoya criticizes everything she does being to boring or too carefree. Gotta say she is quite the unique heroine.

Jun 6, 2022 7:24 PM
Feb 2020
Tokimeki Memorial 1 and Clannad reference
I didn't like Tomoya in this episode. Not a single bit. Yes, he has burning passion and a great dream, but he keeps dragging people around without their consent (he just unilaterally declared the girls to be part of his doujin circle without their approval). And he keeps treating Megumi badly. It's like how Sorata from Sakura-sou keeps treating Mashiro badly. I'm an otaku as well but Tomoya is the reason why people have a negative impression on otaku.
Eriri is still annoying in my books but she has a point: Tomoya is too haphazard.
Katou's dry humor and deadpan retorts saved this episode for me. If anything, she's too forgiving...
Jan 19, 2023 1:25 PM

Aug 2020
Nice episode, lots of funny moments and the "fated encounter" turned out different, lol
Jan 27, 2023 1:10 PM

May 2020
Now I don't want to spoil the fun for me but it's as clear as day which "one" of these three girls will win in the end. I mean they're calling Megumi as main heroine for a reason, putting aside the obvious one.

But again for a nerdy otaku dude's communication skills with girls are unexpectedly top notch.
Apr 3, 2023 10:50 PM

Oct 2021
Heard a lot of good things about this anime but so far it's pretty boring (in fact, shows that seem to focus on making a game, like Remake Our Life, I often find boring). Hoping this one will get better as it progresses though. MC is kind of annoying. Megumi is the highlight so far. 
Apr 13, 2023 6:37 PM
Feb 2020
removed-user said:

Lol at the SAO and Clannad references XD

I just fell in love with Katou :3
And the Manga is Amagi Brilliant Park! That's the first anime I recommend to normies. "Egotistic High Schooler gets threatened at gun point to save [NOT] Disney Land by bringing in 500,000 guests." Fun fact: The main cast is named after Black Celebrities Kanye West, 50 Cent, Queen Latifah & Chris Tucker.
Jun 18, 2023 3:24 AM

Sep 2018
What a brilliant episode that was, from the directing (especially in terms of Kato's lack of presence or appearance) to the hilarious script.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

316 by Kcisdumb »»
May 4, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.