Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 3, 2019 4:29 AM

May 2010
The only thing they didn't explained to me was how they got the authorities to side with them on this? They weren't supported by the government this time.

Also i really wanted more moments with Nao and Akiyama at the end. That ending was a bit abrupt. At least give us more closure with the two main characters
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 7, 2019 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
I have mixed feelings about this ending. Even if it was supposed to be rushed, it felt like it. The whole last game just wasn't as intense as the other rounds. I liked the back and forth between Yokoya and Akiyama and there wasn't much of that this round. The whole thing about this being based on a book and people wanting to try and find out how it ends is an interesting plot twists but it doesn't feel....realistic. Is this really someone someone would actually do?

This is a story and as a conclusion to a story it's not really that great. Proper endings should show how the characters have changed by the events they experience over the course of the story. I liked the main characters and want to know more about where they are after the Liar Game has ended. I would have been fine with the entire last scene if it was a little longer with Fukunaga and Nao talking a bit about what they are doing now. And then they go on about the video and then it cuts off.

I'm still giving it a 9/10 as pretty much everything up to the Four Kingdoms game was great. Even the Human Auction was better and it was shorter. Bid Poker went on a little too long. Pretty much everything before that was 10/10 though.
Apr 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
Kinda disappointed with this series overall. Started really nice and I was hooked, but gradually I lost interest due to the repetive nature. The author has certainly a good imagination to come up with so many and admittedly well thought out scenarios, but at they at the end of the day they simply lacked intensity, mainly because the story pretty much followed the same pattern throughout the entire course. Especially the last game was underwhelming and I couldn't care less about many reveals.

Despite my harsh words, I still more or less enjoyed this manga and the pros outhweighted the cons, it could've been much better, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2019 3:06 AM

Jun 2017
government bad!!!

Oct 23, 2019 7:40 AM
Jun 2016
Really love the ending, i read it in two days and completely hooked! The conclusion in satisfying, too.. However, i just don't like how the last panel ended. Giving unnecessary cliffhanger and all.

The reason being, it just won't happen IRL. With internet, people in power don't have power anymore 😅😆 Too bad everything until that point was executed beautifully
Nov 4, 2019 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
I will have to disagree with some people but I think the end was just perfect. The Darkness portrayed the threat that looms in the real world pretty good, also we all know to which country this was refering to.

All in all I have never enjoyed a Manga as much as this one, so here's my new favourite Manga.
Needless to say, the whole series is a 10/10 for me and defenitely will reread it in a few years.
I just wish that someday we would get an Anime adaption, but given the Mangas end it's unlikely and we can be happy that we could enjoy this Manga uncensored.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Dec 24, 2019 3:03 AM

Jan 2017
The ending was bloody perfect, I do not understand the views of the people who said it was unsatisfactory. I was taken aback by the revelations in the last chapter and all the new discoveries painted a new, entirely different picture. The ending really solidified my enjoyment and appreciation of the series. I also want to see an anime adaptation, but given that ending, we may not get one.
Jan 21, 2020 3:55 AM
Oct 2015
Compared to the other arcs, the final arc was bit of a lackluster. The game wasn't that much entertaining, Kanzaki was praised for literally nothing, Fukunaga was saved out of nowhere, Yokoya turned good(WTF?!), lame history for Lair Game and all.

The manga was great for some moments, until it shit on itself. Characters weren't much developed at all, unless being cunning out of nothing. Art was fine and the spoonfeeding was a little bit more.
Definitely, a one-time-read.

Good:7/10
Jul 28, 2020 7:04 AM

Aug 2019
I loved this manga so much before the last game. The last game was pretty underwhelming compared to the previous ones, even it's bidding round was much better than the main game which turned out to be quite a disappointment for me. That is why, even though I liked the ending chapter and got the message the mangaka was trying to give, it just wasn't particularly satisfactory. Still, I really loved it as a whole, the Contraband game and Musical Chairs were the best.

It was also great having the kind of protagonist like Nao and seeing her development, though she was pretty hard to tolerate in the beginning. Akiyama is, of course, amazing and I loved his ingenious plans and the moments together with Nao. Fukunaga really grew on me and I wish she would've had more screentime, and Yokoya was great as a rival. I would've liked to have the ending a bit more fleshed out though and wish I'd enjoyed the last game as much as the rest. The whole part of game's end after reaching the stalemate and the debts being removed certainly felt rushed and kind of anti-climatic. And it felt as if Nao had been completely pushed back in this last arc.
But it was a very enjoyable read and I would miss reading this after binging it all.
Mayo-13Jul 28, 2020 7:19 AM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 19, 2020 12:25 AM
May 2020
yoshi9871 said:
Ok time to clear up why this ending was amazing and a work of genius instead of incredibly disappointing or rushed like I've been reading. Rushed? It depends what you all mean by rushed. Was he hurried to finish the manga, maybe, but was the manga ended sooner than it was possible to wrap everything up satisfyingly? Not at all, if there's anything you feel hasn't been explained well enough tell me what it is and I'll try to help considering I've read every single chapter multiple times at this point(what else is there to do with all the hiatuses). I've found almost every instance of someone complaining about the happenings in the last chapter or recent ones, was due to their lack of comprehension of the manga or its themes, or they've forgotten a whole load of info due to its chapters being released so irregularly. Or maybe due to finding out that LG was ending soon, catching up very recently. Every complaint I've read thus far can be invalidated by completing the simple task of reading the manga and paying attention.

All of the things I listed cause you to forget vital information, this is a manga mainly led by text and huge arrays of information which could be even more suited to being a novel, if you're not paying attention or actually reading the words instead of looking at the pretty pictures you're going to miss or forget something. Plus the symbolism in this chapter and the way everything was wrapped up yet still left open in the end was masterfully done especially if going by the logic that he was forced to rush its end. Portrayed so many good messages and stayed true to what's been emphasized since the very beginning of the manga.

Well if people reply to this I'll clear up things for them, but only if it's a rational discussion and not "bawww the ending is bad writing because I expected something different than what happened and there wasn't 300 chapters of foreshadowing in advance" etc.
AliceInOtakuland said:

Yokoya's change of heart is something I cannot understand, nor is it something I accept. One of the dealers being Yokoya'a daddy...just what... Why? That wasn't necessary at all!

Overall, great manga. Not a very satisfying ending, but it was somewhat decent. Looking forward reading more of this amazing author's work. 8/10.

I wanted to give this a 10/10. I really did.

You need to re-read the chapter and pay attention to what the characters were saying about Yokoya and his "change of heart" if you could even call it that. The characters literally answer your question on the page it's so easy it's not a hard concept to grasp. Yokoya grew as a man and accepted his defeat, but he was never an "evil villain" that would be absolved from ever "changing sides" he was just another participant with a more extreme view of how to gain victory. He chose in the end to rise against and fight the power which proved his triumph over his inferiority complex about his father by humbly accepting defeat. Seriously the characters LITERALLY explain this in the chapter better than I can, I don't have to read between the lines to spell it out or anything.

Yokoya's father has been relevant for awhile now, if you didn't pick up on all the hints like how he acquired such vast wealth so fast that's your own fault, but again it's probably because of the irregular releases which caused people to forget about these things, hardly anyone retained most of the info about LG with the rate that it was released over time I'm sure. People were theorizing that his dad was Artier himself too which was one thing but it was obvious he was a participant in a previous LG for the longest time.
Danno said:
Seemed a little too rushed and perhaps a little inconsistent. Yokoya suddenly deciding to act like he's leading the fight against LGT was a little dumb. What I don't get is the phoned in complaints they were getting when Yokoya declared his rebellion. Who was complaining about this outcome? Miyagi claimed that he was behind the whole thing and that he funded the whole Liar Game. He was satisfied with this ending and he had the authority to completely cancel the Liar Game, so how can there be anyone "higher up"? He couldn't have been selling a livestream to the rich elite without first editing the footage to hide the identities of the players and I doubt they could've edited in detailed CG masks on all the players fast enough that it could be nearly live.
This cliffhanger thing is a load of bull. They were so close to giving us an actual ending, then they change their minds at the last second and give us the complete opposite.

In the end, it seems a little absurd to say that if peasants work together and refuse to dance in the palms of the rich elite, the rich elite will panic and crumble if they can't break the stalemate. A vague message about rebelling against those in power doesn't exactly seem like a revolutionary stroke of genius that could change the world forever. Especially when the players were promised enough food to last through the game. In real life, they'd just be mowed down with a machine gun or something. How can this be their solution against the evil government overlords?
I already answered most about Yokoya, for the rest about him, his influence was pretty much unparalleled through the entire LG and it emphasized his victory over his complex even more that he commanded the group of people in that way instead of someone like Akiyama doing it instead. It's been his entire shtick since his introduction again not a hard concept, but he was introduced as a char many many real life years ago so people might've forgotten his style.

You know there were other masked individuals in that game who weren't ok with how things were developing because they maintained power the entire time until the group decided to suddenly rebel, those were the ones complaining about that, not some random unnamed higher ups, pretty self explanatory.

I'm sure that you know enough about Kaitani as an author to know his exact mindset behind writing the last pages, definitely was planning on something different but changed it to the real ending at the last second I believe you man. It was perfectly fine as a standalone ending, I'm not even expecting a sequel and I despise when things aren't cleared up perfectly and explained in a satisfactory manner. It wasn't even much of a cliffhanger, but now at least the possibility of a sequel(or prequel) is there, the way it did end was fine.

It's been a song sung for generations how the government should be afraid of its people, in a fear-ruled country like the one described in the manga, China or not, the last thing the government would want was something powerful or inspiring enough to cause its people to rebel. The things you describe are exactly what would happen though, you say "it seems absurb" but meanwhile it's been evidenced by actual real life occurrences, governments do not deal well with riots or rebellions and the way it was set up in the manga was about as realistic as it comes.

You made it seem like the people who partook in the LG would be placed in front of a squad of armed SWAT members, but there's a difference between the LG revolution and an actual stirred revolution from the books. The population of a county far exceeds the population of a government using fear to rule and if it got worse they'd get their own machine guns and fight back. It's so symbolic, hell, from the very first chapter of the LG had everyone playing decided "fuck this let's rebel" the LGT would have been powerless to stop and it would have ended just as described. It's common sense it's how things work hence what thoe governments censored and tried to stop for that reason.

The thing is no one is influential enough to do such a thing, it's obvious all the people are oppressed and do not enjoy their time in x country, they needed a good push to actually do something. Something like that novel, something like Yokoya's influence, etc. was enough, it's all about the crowd mentality, no single person would speak up in that situation but once given enough incentive it's over. Source: real life

As for the food they didn't have enough food to last forever, they would undoubtedly lose the war, everyone had decided to cooperate and could chill indefinitely as the LGT were bound by their words and would have to constantly provide more food for them and so on also pretty self explanatory. If it was a stamina battle from that point it was sure to be the group's victory, so no point in them wasting time when they recognized their loss.

In summary: How would you rather have things gone? Do you feel that it's bad writing just because it didn't end how you wanted it to? Can you give some examples of what would be a better ending given the time constraints of wrapping it all up in the last few chapters?

Calisi said:
I was SO close to giving this series a 10....and then I read this chapter. It didn't seem like an ending at all and nothing irritates me more than a series that doesn't seem like it has a proper ending. So I have to give it a 9/10. Still great, but could've easily gotten a 10 from me if the ending had been on par with the rest of the series.
This was one of the best chapters in the manga imo, you should re-read the whole manga some time so you aren't behind on things or haven't forgotten too much. I hate that too, the ending is probably one of hte most important parts of a series to me and I can't stand when it's not wrapped together nicely. This one was done excellent though. Before I read it I could have sworn I'd be disappointed, I was preparing for the absolute worst. On top of that it had that kind of "open ending" that I loathed, but in the end it delivered spectacularly.

What about it didn't seem like an ending? All the loose ends were tied up, maybe you wanted something else to happen instead which I'll ask you the same questions as I gave the above poster, other than that there isn't really much else and it was still an ending. You might think it was wrapped up too abruptly but it didn't stop its quality reveals and explanations, only the speed at which they were actually revealed was changed not cut content or making the chapter shittier because of it. To be able to put everything so concisely in the past few chapters and wrap things up without leaving any questions in such a short time is even more testament to how well handled it was.

Also even if the chapter was 1/10 the manga as a whole would still be an easy 10 imo, the journey this past 6+ years has had for LG was a good one, truly a good manga it will be missed. But it wasn't, the ending was still god tier just like the rest of the series for that I am proud.

Didn't mean to make this post very long... but wanted to clear up as many misconceptions as possible so that maybe people can appreciate the chapter more, since some things are just wrong and can be easily remedied by again, (re)reading the manga.

u are the best user here. absolutely explained what I wanted to, to these airheads. I'm not insulting others, just that their claims really don't belong to people who would read this kind of masterpiece.
loved the manga sooo sooo much!!!
Sep 6, 2020 5:08 AM
Nov 2018
RioOba said:
I have a theory. I think the last 2 chapters was rushed because the author wanted to portray that the manga itself was being axed.

It's not really being axed (in real life), but it wanted to let the readers think that in a pseudo 4th wall-breaking chapter (which is chapter 201), he wanted to tell us that the whole manga itself was the 3rd volume of the novel which was never released to the public.

The fact that the manga never had a proper ending was because the elitist government (in that world) does not want the readers (you) to know the true secret behind what the liar game is. They successfully did so which is why this forum thread is even created in the first place and why were are having discussions about it.

By taking down the video in youtube (in the manga), that means the people of THAT world was not able to see the entirety of the Liar Game, and, therefore, continue to be mindless sheep. The taking down of the video on youtube translates to us (in the real world) as having the ending cut short and incomplete. In essence, we, as the true Liar Game players have also been deceived by the government, and therefore, continue to be mindless sheep.

tl;dr We (the common-folk in real life) did not get to understand the full meaning of the Liar Game, and therefore the Elitist Government won. We cannot beat the system after all.

Btw, Yokoya taking a 180 doesn't seem to be that surprising. After being outsmarted by Akiyama in the final game, Yokoya finally admits defeat, claiming that unlike Hitler whom he admired, he must know when to quit. It was said earlier that Yokoya despised Hitler later on because Hitler did not know when to quit.

This theory makes a lot of sense
Mar 20, 2021 10:33 PM
Nov 2015
i like the ending :) it’s actually make sense
it just ends so abruptly that everyone (re: me) is so surprised. it’s just i don’t feel the anti climax after going such a long way
would be better if there r 1-2 chapters before it ended like that :)
Jul 20, 2021 12:03 AM
Feb 2018
Great manga.the ending was rushed. Want more but probably not gonna happen, round 3 was the best..
Aug 6, 2021 11:53 PM

May 2020
Well, that was quite the ending. And honestly, a secret "dark" elite pulling strings from the shadows and the entire Liar Game being a secret documentary is pretty much in line with what this series has offered us so far.

Personally, I think the ending is fine. Its consistent with what the author has been trying to say for 200 chapters, about needing people needing to come together and take down the threats they face instead of trying fight each other. I don't think it's very well written but you can't have everything. I like to think that Akiyama will probably try and take them down too, with Nao tagging along of course, accidentally or otherwise.

The characters served their purpose and weren't particularly interesting but overall, this as an incredibly entertaining manga. The games and how they were played were the clear highlights of this manga.
Nov 29, 2021 12:44 AM

Jan 2017
Not an idealistic ending but one that shows how terrifying the dark side of society is and how one can repel it, this is great

Mar 19, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2020
Never would've expected for the ending to turn like that kinda anticlimactic oh well it was a great read tho
Sep 6, 2022 4:58 PM
Aug 2018
Kaitani is just a genius. 10/10
Sep 13, 2022 3:26 PM
Jun 2020
interesting, slightly rushed but interesting
Nissan 350Z
Jun 6, 2023 9:34 AM

Jun 2020
9/10. A fantastic read.

My favorite arc was probably the Musical Chairs round. The final round was a bit underwhelming in my opinion even the prelims for it were better. The ending was satisfactory and I personally liked it.
Jun 23, 2023 7:49 AM
Mar 2015
It's a proper conclusion if a little rushed
Overall the manga has its ups and downs like any other but the mind games in Musical Chairs (an apparent favourite for many) and Minority Rule r dope af
Also I felt very satisfied with the Daddy twist and it was properly foreshadowed as well... except that I thought Daddy wd be the mastermind behind the Game, which would be overdramatic
Akiyama's prof was one of the masks who fessed he knew the former very well; that one was obvious

Geez how I wish there were more manga like this!
GavrocheN7Jun 23, 2023 7:59 AM
Jun 23, 2023 8:01 AM
Mar 2015
Funny how the totalitarian country where the novels came from is China and YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc. today actively censor their content to remain on the good side of China cuz... who doesn't love some RMB?
Dunno how it was back in 2014 when the final chapters came out... perhaps the mangaka was even prophetic
Dec 6, 2023 11:58 PM

Apr 2015
Wow this was an extremely thought provoking ending with a liberating message that the Elite will always try to snuff out the Commoners.
And also that Trust is what bonds people to break free of any predicaments in life.
Really enjoyed this manga and it had so many twists and even the ending was a plot twist lol.
Overall this was a great read! Thank you Kaitani Sensei!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.