Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2015 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
2nd Episode it's a good story because main character's show his magic >.<
Jan 19, 2015 1:10 AM
May 2012
Old_Raven said:
Ok I tried but that pink-haired girl is just way too annoying to handle. 4/10 and dropped.

Same

She's way too annoying
Jan 19, 2015 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
This show most certainly isn't a masterpiece or anything but I did enjoy this episode. The next episode is about Shizuno so I'm going to watch it for sure. I really want to know about her past life.

Now here's a list of interesting/funny/weird moments in this episode:

Moroha gets kissed by two girls and his reaction is... basically nothing. I'd expect a guy to be a bit more excited or embarrassed or something. Also, Shizuno claimed to have kissed Moroha by mistake in the previous episode but it's pretty obvious that this episode's kiss was anything but a mistake. Why is Moroha able to act like nothing happened?!

Way to go Shizuno! Normally we have to wait and wait before anybody actually kisses but Shizuno has managed to steal two kisses in two episodes. I laughed quite a bit at this.

The axe guy from the previous episode is the YOUNGER brother of the Striker's leader... Seriously?

Satsuki:Can you go out with me for a bit?
Shizuno:Sorry, there's already someone I like.
Satsuki:That's not what I meant!
Oh god, that part was hilarious.

Shizuno's dress was quite something. But do high school students really wear stuff like that? To a mall? That dress made it seem like she was on a date...

Metaphysical appears and crepes miraculously disappear. But then again, Satsuki's clothes magically reappeared in the last episode so...

Satsuki transforms! I actually thought she looked pretty cool. Got to give her credit for taking on that Metaphysical.

Shizuno saved Satsuki and almost got turned into stone in the process. How can I not like Shizuno?

The Strikers won't even try to save the two girls. Jeez. At least Moroha jumps in to save the day. He's pretty cool and for some reason, I just love his hair. But he's a bit TOO powerful.

Shizuno tells Moroha that he should have another power. Well that's fine but seriously, is Shizuno incapable of talking a little louder? I'm surprised Moroha actually managed to hear her. Satsuki always yells and Shizuno always talks way too softly. You'd expect Shizuno to at least yell when she's on the battlefield.

Moroha: I won't forgive anyone who takes from me!
I really like this cheesy line for some reason.

It's really weird to see Moroha spending so long writing a spell. Who has that much time during a battle? Oh, wait a minute. Even he doesn't have that much time cause he got swallowed by the Metaphysical. It's a good thing he's so powerful or else that wouldn't have ended well.

Satsuki joins the Strikers. It's good to see that she actually earned it.

Oh well, this show really makes me laugh. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jan 19, 2015 1:45 AM

Dec 2013
Oh wow...

Oniisama and Kirino all in the same show xD

Omg Kyousuke and Kirino xD

Although the MC isn't Kyousuke, its the Striker's captain.

I never feel bad about hearing Kirino's angelic tsundere voice. I LOVE IT. Addicted.

I love this girl Satsuki. SHES TRYING TO BE THE PERFECT TSUNDERE IMOUTO OMG <3

Other than that, the story, art and everything else is pretty bad/mediocre at best.

I only like the voice actor/actresses.

Sad they couldn't make a better anime with these talented voice seiyuus.

5/5 tho! I love Kirino *ahem* Satsuki.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 19, 2015 3:44 AM
Jan 2015
What the hell is up with those Strikers. Epic fail on their part. So called "Elite" who has taken down more metaphysicals in the Japanese Branch than the "pros". And yet tuck tail and run when a stronger enemy appears. Heck, they didn't even try and fight. Leaving it all to our hero and the episode didn't even give emphasis to the fact he took down single-handedly a metaphysical they didn't even dare fight. This episode is not satisfying.
Jan 19, 2015 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
woah_anime said:
I have to agree something about this makes it oddly interesting to watch.

Side note:

Just me or did anyone else burst out laughing when he got swallowed by the hydra while "writing"?
After I watched that whole scene, I paused the video and literally face-palmed for 5 seconds. That was the point I threw away everything I believed in as I laughed manically.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2015 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Still the same thing, too predictable, the animation is awful. Let's see one more last episode.
Jan 19, 2015 7:07 AM

Dec 2011
I think this episode was better than the first one... but it is still seems to have an average animation.

The OP song reminds me of Ali Project and Rozen Maiden.

I wish Satsuki will be a bit more mellow since I think she is really annoying... maybe because I am a bit irritated on Ayana's voice. (Oh Oreimo)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2013
The animation was quite laughable. Though I wouldn't say it was painful on the eyes. There were some scenes where if seemed like the characters were cut-out cardboard pieces and were being dragged along on the screen (specially when they were chanting incantations). Some scenes had the twin-tails girl looking like a character from an old 80's Doraemon show. Still, it's not as if the characters faces were melting away or something, so I'll put up with it.

Oh well. I watch it because I read the manga synopsis and want to know how the story progresses. As cliche a story this is, I'd like to see how they actually use the "retaining memories of a past life" concept here.

Oh yeah, and that loli was sorta unnecessary. The MC just wakes up and she's kissing him, runs away and semi-stalks him, all the while the principal made no effort to even introduce her properly. "Congrats, you just got kissed by a random loli stalker, you may go on with your life as if nothing happened now, goodbye"
Seriously, what the heck?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 19, 2015 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
Now I get it, he was Kirito and Tatsuya in his past lives XD
Jan 19, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Whoa, Shizuno sleeps naked.

"We need a 100 man army to kill this thing"

WTF, Is that Sempai pulling Moroha's leg or what?
yeo
Jan 19, 2015 4:17 PM
Jul 2012
Silver4000 said:

Animation... animation... what's exactly wrong with it? It has the normal animation that a show like this usually has. Well, that part when he entered the snake and was doing the spell was a bit off, otherwise... it's good...

It's pretty much missing animations in a lot of areas, instead moving a still character image around. Like, if I showed you a running animation, but instead of the character running, the character is in a still pose and is just "floating" across the track.
Jan 19, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
So let me get this straight, he was a Knight in his past life, and the life before that he was a Dark Mage? So the reason he could use both power is because his past lives were different types?
Does this mean other saviors were only either mage or swordsman in the past life and they can ONLY remember 1 life down?
Even if this was the case, how come when he was in his past life as Flaga, he couldn't use both power? Why the hell does he decide to become a "Ancient Dragon" now?
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 19, 2015 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
I think the first episode was a lot better, but this was ok :) Also people need to stop being so harsch on this anime, i dont think anyone was expecting a masterpiece
Jan 19, 2015 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
Woohoo absolutely atrocious animation, might just be the worst of the season in terms of that. I regret not dropping this one for sure.

Wtf is up with the clothes Satsuki was wearing? It just looks freaking wrong

Nice Yui voice I guess

GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3pfPaoHteY
Jan 19, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
In the second installment of "random skips in Seiken Tsukai no World Break," Satsuki's ice cream cones disappear from her hands as the hydra shows up!

And of course Moroha shows up and saves the day. I don't have a problem with MCs being overpowered, but it actually makes no sense in this case. First, this episode shows us that during training sessions he's constantly beaten back by the senpai. When he fought the hydra he was still presumably within the first week of training, yet by that point he was handling the hydra just fine on his own, even before he started using magic, and even though the senpai said it's something that only a 100-person team can take on. There's no way to square this. Either he should've been wrecking the senpai or the hydra should've been wrecking him. Second, he's probably the only person who has access to both magic and sword skills. But nothing he did this episode was unique. Whether it'd be enchanting his sword or releasing a high-level magic, it doesn't look like it's not something that can be done with two people who can sword-wield and use magic respectively. So this hydra could've been take on by two very experienced and powerful mage and swordsman. Yet it was supposed to require a 100-man team? What? Like I said, it's okay for MCs to be OP. That's every anime series basically. But this was just nonsensical.

Also, this series has the same problem with Absolute Duo in that they both waste valuable time by repeating the same costume change (in AD it's Blaze equip) sequences. Jeez. Not that this hurts the series in any way because it's already as bad as could be.
Jan 20, 2015 2:21 AM
Jan 2012
Interesting clothing choices I must say... Also, he's been kissed both by Urushibara and Maya now... And unless I'm not remembering right, Satsuma is the only one that's yet to do it... She has some catching up to do.

So he was a warrior in one life, and a dark mage in another... Does this make him a kind of paladin in his current? No going to lie, his abilities interest me... Is he allowed to have a third life? If so, I'd like for him to be an archer as well.

Looking forward to next week, hoping to see several kinds of progress... Also hope that we get to see Maya some more.
Jan 20, 2015 6:53 AM

Oct 2014
In the end Satsuki gets to join them Strikers.

Urushibara sleeps naked, I wonder if she would get banged by Moroha in the Manga?

They say that there are two types of students, so we know one of it were Savious, so what the other one?
Jan 20, 2015 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
Satsuki is killing the mood. She gets saved then brags at the end.
Moroha, open your eyes and choose Urushibara.

And rofl @ those so call pros. Chicken out against snake-hydra.
Also a toast to the White Army something who doesn't even give a shit.
FlamingYuJan 20, 2015 7:49 AM
Jan 21, 2015 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
Urushibara is truly wasted in this anime. She's just too good!

ichii_1 said:
Now I get it, he was Kirito and Tatsuya in his past lives XD

LOL.. just as I was thinking "shit this is Mahouka all over again"
Jan 22, 2015 5:21 AM

Mar 2014
I hope they can fix that bad lazy animation but I guess other than that I enjoy the show
Jan 22, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2010
as crapy as the graphics are, for some reason I'm kind of interested in the next episode.

Maybe its because I'll get to know how he's related to that titty chic.

Oh fanservice you are my Achilles Heel.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 22, 2015 6:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was quite the solid episode follow up on the meh first episode. Good plot development. My only issue was the end, I was hoping for an attack from the whole group, and not just him. It made him feel too overpowered.

This show has a certain charm that sucks me in, I'm not sure what it is though. It has a nice aesthetic with interesting character designs, and the quality of music is a nice surprise.

The first episode didn't catch me, but this one certainly did. I'll be looking forward to the next episode. 4/5

Also, holy Lord that principle is a babe.
Jan 23, 2015 10:30 AM

Mar 2013
I dont even know were to start this time as this anime is literally trash,
Characters voice was a bit out of sync or its just me.
Jan 23, 2015 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
Hahaha I love this episode, I could swear this anime was a Comedy. That scene where he starts writing in the air and his animation pretty much becomes non-existent then he gets eaten by the snake and continues writing xD

Oh and the strikers are like NOPE , That snake thing would need 100 people to kill it and the MC is all like screw you guys I'll do it myself and then he does and absolutely no one is surprised they didn't even increase his rank from C to bloody B for crying out loud xD What do you have to do to get to rank A? Save the world?

Satuski's Shorts when they were shopping xD Like wtf want to make them any smaller guys?
Jan 24, 2015 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
The animation feels worse than the first episode and Satsuki is so annoying. I'm not really interested in watching another Mahou Sensou so I wont.
Jan 24, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2014
zannet_t said:
I don't have a problem with MCs being overpowered, but it actually makes no sense in this case. First, this episode shows us that during training sessions he's constantly beaten back by the senpai.

I finished reading the first volume of the light novel and it's funny cause they actually altered some stuff in the first ep but then the second ep went back on track so that's probably why it feels nonsensical/inconsistent.

some changes that I can remember off the top of my head:

So in the Light novel he was actually portrayed as being OP from the beginning.
Jan 24, 2015 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty generic again. This anime is failing to do any amount of basic suspense buildup for these battles... makes it kind of boring.
Jan 26, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
It may not be as good as other action/harem/fantasy anime, but it win over some of the harem anime this season in my opinion.
Jan 26, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2010
You know, for a group that calls themselves "Saviors," they sure are willing to let a giant monster rampage through the city instead of laying down their lives to protect their fellow students and civilians, basically because it's too hard and the monster's super scary.

What saviors, am I right?
Feb 3, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, that show is hilariously bad, that I'm having a good time! The animation, the plot, the everything... It's just great.

So our MC is a double hero who can manage to easily beat a monster equally powerful to that one they couldn't beat in the bay? Our MC is a siscon, lolicon and loves big breasted kuudere? That dude is based.
I know, I know. You'll tell me : ''But they aren't blood-related''. That's true, but from what I understand, they were indeed related in the past. So he's a siscon, even in reincarnation! That's some strong determination. The dude like to keep his waifus.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 15, 2015 4:51 AM

Oct 2008
FFFast?...FFFriggin LATE!

on scene 14:18 wherein two kids are eating crepes, on their left side was a sexy babe more sexier than Urushibara & principal Mari Shimon.

Mar 12, 2015 5:53 AM
Dec 2012
Wow, this anime should be named as Seiken Tsukai no RPG...
This anime is made with a mix of all cliche... Tada you have a new anime!
The shounen level of this series is damn high! PAWAR UP-PU!
Kisses fly to the MC for nothing, how about just make an anime which the MC gets kisses every minute?
MC just soloed a "supar powerful" creature that supposedly cannot be beaten unless you have a troop of hundreds? WHAAT? And no one question him about that matter... and he's still a Rank C... I really hope the episodes after this gets better.
Mar 13, 2015 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
The artstyle looks a bit odd, the animation is a cheap and bad, you know it's back. But when you watch it, it's really good. I don't know why it's good, but it's good.

Usually one shot fight scenes aren't good at all, but there's something about it that makes it really good.

I guess at this point the animation is, just different. The only thing I don't really get is why the swords are so small. I'm not sure how the battle systems work but it seems that the Saviors don't have superhuman strength, except those who have the powers that accel in strength. They can, however, use the Light and Dark Arts, expanding on their powers.

Another thing I really liked about this anime is that the fighting scenes aren't easy for the main characters. Sure Moroha is a, white knight or something, but the metaphysicals are big ass durable creatures so you have to chip them down bit by bit and hit whatever weak points they have.

Loving this anime. It's like an RPG, lol
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 30, 2015 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
I'm a bit interested in their past life story.
Not bad for the fighting and stuff I guess..
Apr 5, 2015 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
damn that satsuki annoying as fuck. I hate that side of her from the very first episode.
Apr 19, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2012
AaaaaaKun said:
woah_anime said:
Just me or did anyone else burst out laughing when he got swallowed by the hydra while "writing"?

This show is golden.

That was hilarious. Top tier fight scene right there.
Jul 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was a lot better than the first episode. Learning that it's rare for a Savior to have two past lives really surprised.
The opening theme is an alright song though the ending seems pretty forgettable...
Aug 6, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2014
Satsuki has two types of personalities when she talks. One where she is fucking annoying whining the whole god damn time, and one where she is fucking annoying and bragging the whole time.

The art style and animation isn't the best :/
Sep 19, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
animefan8800 said:
Well if the intent of this episode was to make me feel bad for Satsuki and then happy when she is asked to be in the reserves at the end, it succeeded. Unfortunately it accomplished this at the expense of Urushibara who comes across as an unlikable bitch. And considering next episode is all about her I'm not exactly enthusiastic. It's the standard harem trope where the two female leads fight over the guy again, just like in Saekano. And once again I seem to be siding with the more emotional girl instead of the coldly logical one. As far as Moroha himself goes he has yet to make much of an impression on me.

I'm not sure on this show. I definitely think it's the weakest/least enjoyable to watch of the 4 shows like it I'm watching this season, 5 if you wanna count Saekano. I'll probably stick with it just because, but...it needs to stop annoying me and that would require not making Satsuki the butt of every joke...oh and I couldn't stop staring at the principal's boobs whenever she was on screen...for whatever that's worth. :D
You pretty much summed up my feelings about the episode. Also the battle was full of bullocks in every way possible. How the hell did he dodge all the snake heads while doing a spell that's as long as the First Harry Potter Book!?!?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Them shorts.

This show seems better than the majority of harem/ecchi crap I've been watching recently.
Jan 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
One heroine has an extremely annoying voice. She won't shut up and always full of energy. The other one has a voice like she's so tired of living and speaking seems to suck the last bit of energy remaining in her. She's so lifeless and dull. They're the exact opposite of each other. But both of them suck. atleast the other one has boobs though. Blonde kid was right. Moroha has bad luck with chicks.

Anyway this show is really bad man. I'm feeling really generous that's why the score is still at 5. I wish I just didn't watch this. Now I have to force myself to finish this because I can't drop shows. I knew I should've just stayed away form shows with less that 7 average score.
Sep 18, 2017 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty cool action scenes.
Apr 19, 2018 9:18 PM

Jan 2012
"She was using her mouth to send magical power to you"?

Should be the title of the episode.
Sep 15, 2018 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
The protagonist went from "I can't even defeat the class bully" to "I'm as strong as an army of warriors" in two episodes. That's probably the worst powerup I've ever seen in an anime show. This episode didn't even have good fanservice either.
Jul 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
shizu kissed mc just to mess with her, well thats half reason, its clear she likes to mess with her 😄
Sep 1, 2020 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
Barely starting episode two and kissed all the girls already, nice.
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM
Mar 2023
fine but not worth it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by LemonSvk »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:36 AM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

76 by orbone »»
Mar 2, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.