Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 17, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
sunny-j said:
This is what pisses me off with Tokyo Ghoul. Kaneki is not interesting, he is an emo kid and this was the worst choice for a hero. I'm not even surprised when you tell me he didn't appear for 5 chapters. For the second part, no. But I know most of the things aren't going to be answered at the end of season 2 once again, so why.

Kaneki uninteresting? I wonder how did you even enjoy AoT where Eren is such an annoying mc.

KoSparrows said:
maybe in this route, Kaneki kun is not even our main concern anymore. we have a buncha other things to worry about.

Kaneki is still the main concern here but he's not the only one who has an important role here. As you can see this isn't Kiseijuu where only shinichi and the parasytes get most of the screen time because here you'll get to see both sides of the story, Human and Ghouls. That's one of the things the first season failed to portray properly.
Jan 17, 2015 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
Instant 5/5
Nothing much happened but wow things are progressed very well enough and not really rushed.
I like the Insert song before the ED and dat Eto-chan scene where she is removing her bandage is just wow. She has sexy lips <3 <3 <3

Jan 17, 2015 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:

Kaneki uninteresting? I wonder how did you even enjoy AoT where Eren is such an annoying mc.

Eren does things. Eren goes berserk and beats people. What did Kaneki do in S1 beside drinking coffee, trying to tell himself he's not a ghoul and rebelling at the very very last second? I didn't read the manga and I probably won't so I'm expecting a lot for this second season, Kaneki-wise.
Jan 17, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
I hope season 2 will be better than season 1! This ep was kinda slow but good anyway
Jan 17, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
Looking interesting so far. Slow ep and the cutting towards the end was strange. Can't say I liked that part. I'm still looking forward to seeing how they're interpreting the manga.
Jan 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
nice episode yeah i want action but hey i enjoyed it
Jan 17, 2015 11:35 AM

Jan 2015
hopefully we'll find out more about eto
and it was a good episode but yeah not enough kaneki
natsu-sunshineJan 17, 2015 11:41 AM
Jan 17, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
Well that was surprisingly a very good episode...but not enough Kaneki.

Still loving how they're weaving in the old content with the new content.
Specially the Akira and Amon scenes, glad we got to see those.

The OST is just glorious and the ED art!
Jan 17, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
sunny-j said:
Z4k said:

Eren does things. Eren goes berserk and beats people.

Did Eren do that right in the first two episodes?

sunny-j said:
What did Kaneki do in S1 beside drinking coffee, trying to tell himself he's not a ghoul and rebelling at the very very last second?

-Saved Hide from getting killed in episode 2
-Saved Nishio from getting cannibalized by a bunch of ghouls in episode 4
-Helped Nisho to save his girlfriend in episode 5
-Defeated Amon and stopped him from reaching Touka in episode 8
-Defeated Jason in the last episode.

What did Eren do besides screaming and shouting during the first half of SnK?
Jan 17, 2015 12:37 PM
Apr 2014
Z4k said:
sunny-j said:

Eren does things. Eren goes berserk and beats people.

Did Eren do that right in the first two episodes?

sunny-j said:
What did Kaneki do in S1 beside drinking coffee, trying to tell himself he's not a ghoul and rebelling at the very very last second?

-Saved Hide from getting killed in episode 2
-Saved Nishio from getting cannibalized by a bunch of ghouls in episode 4
-Helped Nisho to save his girlfriend in episode 5
-Defeated Amon and stopped him from reaching Touka in episode 8
-Defeated Jason in the last episode.

What did Eren do besides screaming and shouting during the first half of SnK?

I mean even in the manga that's all Eren does, just screams and has nothing to back it up. So yeah comparing his character to Kaneki is pretty hilarious, considering that Eren's character is one dimensional.

Anyways we should get back on topic.
AquaWateriaJan 17, 2015 12:40 PM
Jan 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
Wow that was nice!
Jan 17, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
I felt this episode was a little slower paced. Let's just just see where it all goes.

Also

awkwardsatin said:
amon got rekt
Jan 17, 2015 5:27 PM
Sep 2014
RedTie47 said:
I felt this episode was a little slower paced. Let's just just see where it all goes.

Also

awkwardsatin said:
amon got rekt

it's really funny
i didn't feel the long seconds spend between akira and amon as wasted
Jan 17, 2015 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, someone finally figured out Rize is dead.
Jan 17, 2015 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Akira was being sarcastic and still mocked him in the end so no she wasn't polite.

And since when did showing a lower part of someone's face became a fanservice ?

1. Sarcasm is a waste of time. I.e. character inconsistencies. Boring.

2. The world must have changed a lot since I went to sleep last night. Girls stripping isn't fanservice anymore apparently.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 17, 2015 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
I love Tokyo Ghoul! I can't wait for Touka and Kaneki to reconnect...Do they? I hope so.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Jan 17, 2015 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
NoongaJuice said:

2. The world must have changed a lot since I went to sleep last night. Girls stripping isn't fanservice anymore apparently.

It's just insinuated that she removed her binding, we don't actually get to see any part of her, except her face after she does. How is that fan service?

Unless you're suggesting people actually get excited over a few bandages being dropped to the floor...
Jan 17, 2015 10:40 PM

Dec 2013
Ragna92 said:
That Eto at the end... feels like fan service for us manga readers

Really liked the last few minutes. The whole Anteiku together happy, while Kaneki is going on missions

Touka's friend ships her with Kaneki xD

Er.... what? Touka's friend was obviously shipping Touka with Nishiki. Nishiki's the one Ghoul who managed to get into Kamii U, and Touka was asking him to help tutor her to get in. Plus, Kaneki was attending College, not Uni, at the point where he met her.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 17, 2015 11:03 PM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Ragna92 said:
That Eto at the end... feels like fan service for us manga readers

Really liked the last few minutes. The whole Anteiku together happy, while Kaneki is going on missions

Touka's friend ships her with Kaneki xD

Er.... what? Touka's friend was obviously shipping Touka with Nishiki. Nishiki's the one Ghoul who managed to get into Kamii U, and Touka was asking him to help tutor her to get in. Plus, Kaneki was attending College, not Uni, at the point where he met her.

No actually Kaneki attended Kamii University, which is one of the reasons why she wants to attend the University even though it's hard to get in. Also if you remember from season 1 Yoriko saw Touka and Kaneki together in Touka's home. That's why Yoriko ships Touka and Kaneki.
Jan 17, 2015 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
Z4k said:

Kaneki is still the main concern here but he's not the only one who has an important role here. As you can see this isn't Kiseijuu where only shinichi and the parasytes get most of the screen time because here you'll get to see both sides of the story, Human and Ghouls. That's one of the things the first season failed to portray properly.

thank you for reminding us what our main concern is, I was sidetracked there for a minute.
and I m not really into comparing anime, since, well, it's kinda pointless.
Jan 18, 2015 12:36 AM

Nov 2007
Damn I loved that song at the end.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 18, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
Okay I gotta admit that I'm feeling kind of uneasy because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

Kaneki Ken-kun being with Aogiri makes me uneasy. Not seeing Tsukiyama makes me sad. Also I need to see more of Kaneki Ken-kun being a badass, yet all we see is him walking around and staring into nothingness. I'm angry.

I'm excited but I'm also anxious. Usually at this point I go reread the manga but hah that's not really gonna help me.
Jan 18, 2015 5:01 AM

Sep 2009
You know. I really like that English insert-songs they use this season. Hope they'll be in the OSTs
Jan 18, 2015 5:38 AM
Jun 2011
sunny-j said:
Z4k said:

Eren does things. Eren goes berserk and beats people. What did Kaneki do in S1 beside drinking coffee, trying to tell himself he's not a ghoul and rebelling at the very very last second? I didn't read the manga and I probably won't so I'm expecting a lot for this second season, Kaneki-wise.

Ew please dont compare eren to kaneki...... Kaneki went through more shit than eren. But eren is useless and always getting captured kaneki starts out a pussy then becomes a badass. I like AOT but those character are far from deep.
Jan 18, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
BurntJelly said:
Wow, someone finally figured out Rize is dead.

Jan 18, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2014
WAD1992 said:
off topic but have people seen this??

it's freaking amazing, god i love this band!!!

also no one download this from youtube because of copy right shit , go to the actual channel for more details on this matter.
Jan 18, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2010
AquaWateria said:
L-Ryoshi said:

No actually Kaneki attended Kamii University, which is one of the reasons why she wants to attend the University even though it's hard to get in. Also if you remember from season 1 Yoriko saw Touka and Kaneki together in Touka's home. That's why Yoriko ships Touka and Kaneki.

This
Jan 18, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
They wasted the first ten minutes on nothing. The later half had a lot more substance.
Jan 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
WAD1992 said:
WAD1992 said:
off topic but have people seen this??

it's freaking amazing, god i love this band!!!

also no one download this from youtube because of copy right shit , go to the actual channel for more details on this matter.

Was this song in anime?
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 18, 2015 4:32 PM
Jan 2015
Since the anime version of tokyo ghoul didn't follow the original storyline, you should start reading the original sequel of the story http://goo.gl/A5OExY

He is alive, thats all you need to know
Jan 18, 2015 5:57 PM
Apr 2014
readmanganet said:
Since the anime version of tokyo ghoul didn't follow the original storyline, you should start reading the original sequel of the story http://goo.gl/A5OExY

Spoiler that dude.
Jan 18, 2015 6:44 PM

Sep 2014
AquaWateria said:
readmanganet said:

Spoiler that dude.

And why would you tell people to skip TG? The fact that the anime isn't following the manga is even more reason to go and read the original story, not skip ahead to :re.
Jan 18, 2015 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
I like Akira's character. The new guy is annoying as hell though. I'm curious to the identity of the girl in the bandages and why she's so interested in Keneki.
Jan 18, 2015 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
Great ! This season will be better than the first. A good transition episode, I hope this season will continue like that (without rush everything, like the first).
Jan 19, 2015 11:51 AM
Feb 2014
I thought I was going to hate this series being an alternative story but I;m liking it so far.
I just hope that it will lead to Tokyo Ghoul:re just like the original story
Jan 19, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
Why does Touka want to go to the same university as kaneki? Does she like him or what's the reason?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 19, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
i hope they keep kaneki's personality the same as the manga and dont make him seem too cold
Jan 19, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
natsu-sunshine said:
i hope they keep kaneki's personality the same as the manga and dont make him seem too cold
too late, he is already too emo
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 19, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode. Really like the opening and ending
Jan 19, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Jose07 said:
Why does Touka want to go to the same university as kaneki? Does she like him or what's the reason?

Damn you're slow...
Jan 19, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
√A não vai ser de a acordo com o manga mesmo? nem assisti todo por isso.
Jan 21, 2015 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
The pacing actually remains excellent. I am amazed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 21, 2015 8:39 AM

Oct 2014
Loved the Ayato/Kaneki interaction
Jan 21, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
good to see Mado's daughter...

Jan 21, 2015 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
The anime has been good, so far but i have so many questions... doesn't the show leave a lot of questions unanswered or is it just me?

P.s have nit read the manga.
Jan 21, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2011
Slow, slow, too slow. For only twelve episodes this anime is too damn slow.
Jan 21, 2015 3:29 PM
Apr 2014
Earame said:

You know it's pretty funny how people were complaining how rushed and fast paced season 1 was. Now I see people complaining how slow Season 2 is, I guess no one can win can they.

Just a funny observation.
Jan 21, 2015 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
It doesn't seem like it will be following the manga at all, so I'm really interested to see where the anime will go from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2015 2:21 AM

Apr 2014
AquaWateria said:
Earame said:

You know it's pretty funny how people were complaining how rushed and fast paced season 1 was. Now I see people complaining how slow Season 2 is, I guess no one can win can they.

Just a funny observation.

I fucking lold. I swear I remember manga readers like him complaining about the first season being fast paced and now they're complaining about the pacing being slow.

Bunch of hypocrites.

KageNoAbisu said:
It doesn't seem like it will be following the manga at all, so I'm really interested to see where the anime will go from here.

Actually 2/3 of this episode was adapted from the manga.
Jan 22, 2015 6:53 AM

Jun 2014
I loved season 1 and I'm also really enjoying season 2, specially for the art that it's more appealing to me than season 1, but so far I think they're putting to much on the endings to make you crawl the next episode (so you can go around saying how you can't wait to watch it) and being slightly weak on the actual content of the episode. They could give us a little more, in my opinion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.