Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2015 5:33 PM

Apr 2011
Hilarious episode, Yuuki is really cute as well.
Jan 14, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
Ah yeah, a true family that share all their... troubles.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So she really came, freaking 9 times? Man, she must have been exhausted as fuck :O
Loli slowly becoming best wingbro(girl). She even reminded him to not forget protection! A true heroine in the hentai world...

Of course, the last member of the harem is THE DOOMED OSANANAJIMI, DUN DUN DUN!! I feel bad for her, she already lost the HeroBowl.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 14, 2015 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Kind of meh with all that fan service, it kind of ruins it to me :/ Yuuki is cute, though. I think she became my favorite already so hopefully we see a lot of her on the following episodes n_n
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Jan 14, 2015 6:12 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Loved it :) Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 14, 2015 6:14 PM

Jul 2014
They shouldnt have censored stuuf. Full blown ecchi is better than half ass ecchi. But im still liking this show. Still better than world break and fafnir.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 14, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2010
Ikinari harem +1. Sasuga
Jan 14, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
So excited that Yuki finally made appearance. I really like second episode because the pacing is nice and flows really well. I'm glad their not cramping everything in one episode. LOL! Wow seriously guys? You guys are complaining about the censored in this episode even though you guys knew this series was going censored? Come on these episodes are not AT-X. And trust me because if you guys think the censoring is annoying well you might as well get use to it because more ecchi scenes will be censored in future episodes.
Jan 14, 2015 6:33 PM

May 2012
I'm not too worried about the ecchi stuff going on but episode 2 was great. Now that the contract is made, it should get more interesting...
"Knowing more means having more shit to deal with, you know"
- Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 14, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2014
From the first two episodes I don't see anything that might set it apart, even remotely from other generic harem. A bit of a disappointment.
Jan 14, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
So excited that Yuki finally made appearance. I really like second episode because the pacing is nice and flows really well. I'm glad their not cramping everything in one episode. LOL! Wow seriously guys? You guys are complaining about the censored in this episode even though you guys knew this series was going censored? Come on these episodes are not AT-X. And trust me because if you guys think the censoring is annoying well you might as well get use to it because more ecchi scenes will be censored in future episodes.

AT-X is airing it and it's still censored.
Jan 14, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
My thoughts over the course of this episode

Not a huge fan of ecchi, but the first episode was interesting, this will decide

Well, I really would have been fine without that

Or that entire scene

Wait, who is this yuuki? She looks interesting

New friend-kun looks awesome too

Aww, now I'm going to force myself to continue this because the characters are just too interesting
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 14, 2015 7:17 PM

Apr 2013
I don't know about the rest of you but...

Jan 14, 2015 7:24 PM
Dec 2012
Hahaha. "Just as planned" is what Maria is thinking. But still, that curse... The best character so far would be Maria. Even before Yuuki hugged Basara I already knew something would happen between them based on the hair color that stands out so much from the rest of the class. Hoping to see what would this new character does in this story.
Jan 14, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
Everybody all wahh fucking boo-hoo about the censors.

It's a TV airing. What the fuck did you expect? Quit your goddamn whining.
Jan 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2014
Censors dont really bother me. Considering im not some pubescent teen. So im sure ill live with the heavy fog and random light. The rest of you freaks can squirm all you want till the BD's come around. Seriously, are people STILL attracted to breasts twice the size of someones head? Do you even know what that looks like in real life?

ANYWAY. Moving on from my constant befuddlement at fanservice, im not sure what to think of this show just yet. But its still early and i dont hate it, so lets see where it goes i guess!
So much for keeping a low profile there... ahahah
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Oct 2014
Jonesy974 said:

That was one major aspect of what sets it apart from a "generic harem series", but it was completely CUT OUT, aside from the aftermath and the little (light-beam-censored) flashback.

But calling Basara SPINELESS? What? I mean I know the anime exaggerates a bit and does indeed tone down Basara quite a lot with unnecessary blushing, but SPINELESS? Did we watch the same thing?

Rebelhero said:
Censors dont really bother me. Considering im not some pubescent teen. So im sure ill live with the heavy fog and random light. The rest of you freaks can squirm all you want till the BD's come around. Seriously, are people STILL attracted to breasts twice the size of someones head? Do you even know what that looks like in real life?

ANYWAY. Moving on from my constant befuddlement at fanservice, im not sure what to think of this show just yet. But its still early and i dont hate it, so lets see where it goes i guess!
So much for keeping a low profile there... ahahah

As odd as it sounds, the cut borderline-H scenes are an important part of the character development. Expressing it through Ero scenes is a bit weird, but it's still a fact. So the TV format damages the overall package because removing the so-called "fapping material" causes collateral damage to the characterisation.

I hope they lecture the one who was responsible for the music... it was REALLY bad this episode.
Grey-ZoneJan 14, 2015 7:44 PM
Jan 14, 2015 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
Jonesy974 said:

You're watching a ecchi show. All the ecchi content is censored. You're pretty much losing a huge part of the show. It's like trying to watch a action show and all the fight scenes are blacked out.

And I'll take it you only started recently watching anime or something? There are plenty of shows that have aired completely uncensored on TV.
Jan 14, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
I don't trust the classmate that took Basara onto the roof
Jan 14, 2015 8:15 PM

May 2011
Man this is generic as hell. The characters all seem rehashed from other series. The premise is a mashup of a couple other shows.

"My Maou and Yuusha can't be this cute DxD."
Jan 14, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2014
I'll just say... I have new reason to dislike the number 9 now.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Jan 14, 2015 8:46 PM

Oct 2014
Paul said:
You're watching a ecchi show. All the ecchi content is censored. You're pretty much losing a huge part of the show. It's like trying to watch a action show and all the fight scenes are blacked out.
[...]

Tokyo Ghoul~~
Jan 14, 2015 8:50 PM

May 2013
Another womanizer spotted. Hahahaha! The fanservice was good. Waiting for the BD's uncensored ones. Didn't expect to see Mio being the servant though.
Yuki reunited with Basara after 5 years. I guess she's also from the Hero clan.
Jan 14, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
ErenxMikasa said:
I don't trust the classmate that took Basara onto the roof

At this point, if there is any reason for me to continue watching this mediocre anime is the fact that the-classmate-that-took-Basara-onto-the-roof is voiced by Sugita-san.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2013
I do believe this will be fanservice anime of the season.

It's generic, there's no denying that. It's mostly fanservice, there's no denying that. But, nothing wrong with these types of show when you're just after entertainment. So I'll keep watching for now and see where this goes.

I don't trust Yuuki or the male classmate guy Basara chilled with on the roof, both just seemed like bad news.

Overall, though, good episode.

I can deal with the censoring, it's not like we don't know what tits look like already.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 14, 2015 10:04 PM

Aug 2012
Well, never watch ecchi shows when your girlfriend is sleeping next to you....

Jan 14, 2015 10:09 PM

Aug 2013
Yuuki best girl
Jan 14, 2015 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
love to see Mio when jealous, she sweet. :)

Jan 14, 2015 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
so lewd but so meh
Jan 14, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh Yuki is here. I have been waiting for her appearance. Also like how Takigawa is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita... it is just like Kin-san and Gin-san from Gintama again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2013
Sweet lord have mercy on me o.o MIO HAS THE FULL PACKAGE....and 9 times of what?!?
Jan 15, 2015 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Well shucks, the contract was censored... D: Though I expected that to be the case. Haha well, just seeing this animated is fun enough and I look forward to seeing the story actually progress in regards to the Hero Clan.

I really love how Mio picked on Maria after the curse instead of beating up Basara like most gals in anime do in these type of situations.

Also, the opening theme is starting to warm up to me.
AceDvazzJan 15, 2015 1:26 AM
Jan 15, 2015 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
That first half, I laughed with what was happening, Maria is a sly one.
That second half was also good, "you used to take that chance and touch my butt" nice one.
Jan 15, 2015 2:02 AM

Sep 2014
Well

This show isn't moving in the direction I expected it to; I'm dropping it cause it's too sexual
Jan 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 2012
Yukki best girl confirmed...

Great episode!!!
Jan 15, 2015 5:34 AM

Mar 2012
I thought this was going to be something serious.
Jan 15, 2015 5:34 AM

May 2014
Did they just do "it"
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 15, 2015 7:22 AM
Jul 2014
Anyone else see Maria on the side at the end of episode 2? Gosh is she stalking on Yuuki and Basara? That gives me more of a anticipation moment for the 3rd episode qq
Jan 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Apr 2011
Yuuki reminds me of Origami from DAL.

I was surprise (and laugh) that Basara likes to grab Yuuki's ass when they were kids.
Jan 15, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2014
The_Bif said:
I do believe this will be fanservice anime of the season.

It's generic, there's no denying that. It's mostly fanservice, there's no denying that.

[...]

I can deal with the censoring, it's not like we don't know what tits look like already.

Fanservice? Censoring?

Sorry, but anything that one would consider to be "fanservice" was completely CUT OUT. The best thing about the LN and its manga adaption was that it contained a whole package of Ecchi, above-average characters (Basara did NOT blush in LN and manga) and antagonists that are more than just doing everything because they are "evil". The "Ecchi" part is not part of the TV version of the anime. Calling this show to be a "fanservice show" without the actual fanservice is an insult to the LN author.

Shiba- said:
Sweet lord have mercy on me o.o MIO HAS THE FULL PACKAGE....and 9 times of what?!?

Buy our Blu-Rays to get the answer to the question, muahahaha!
-Shinmai Maou anime marketing section

... or just go with the LN or manga.
Grey-ZoneJan 15, 2015 9:17 AM
Jan 15, 2015 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
So dissapoint about the censorship.....and a very slow ep......
Jan 15, 2015 9:40 AM
Jan 2015
its ok, I love it. Dont want to read its manga cuz' it will be a spoiler....
Jan 15, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2013
wtf please... just make this into a hentai and get over it...

I mean... this is so ecchi and over the top sexual innuendos every 2 seconds. Not to mention a harem.

How are you supposed to enjoy this if it makes u want to fap to it yet its not fully hentai...

I just find it annoying... although i do find character and art to be awesome. The little sister thing is pretty fantastic and i like dandere. but the ecchi is too much, belongs in an hentai.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 15, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
The fanserivce does ruin it a bit for me but that is not even the biggest problem. Right now it is the pace, it felt slow.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 15, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
bjorno said:
The fanserivce does ruin it a bit for me but that is not even the biggest problem. Right now it is the pace, it felt slow.

What fanservice? Anything "fanservice-y" was cut out.
Jan 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Mar 2013
XPwnDEnd said:
Well shucks, the contract was censored... D: Though I expected that to be the case. Haha well, just seeing this animated is fun enough and I look forward to seeing the story actually progress in regards to the Hero Clan.

I really love how Mio picked on Maria after the curse instead of beating up Basara like most gals in anime do in these type of situations.

Also, the opening theme is starting to warm up to me.

Well if Mio beat up Basara the curse would hit her again
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 15, 2015 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
Dropped this garbage adaptation like a hot potato. That censorship was horrendous, I'm just gonna wait for the novel to be translated. This is insurmountably abysmal.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jan 15, 2015 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
So Yuki-chan should be of hero guild... Her blue hair and those precious yellow eyes, omg she's so kawaii!!! :D
The day before the school I thought funny their ritual of master and servant... xD
Maria-chan is such a pretty young demon which likes doing pervert things with Basara-kun and Miyo-chan! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 15, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
Now this is the kind of episode I was looking... (not episode 1). Actual good scenes this time, and Mio getting jealous of Yuuki.
Jan 15, 2015 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
Maria is the ultimate wing-man. I bet every single move to help Basara get his hands on Mio were intentional (obviously Mio would rather die than touch Basara, so it just HAD to be the other way around).

Yuuki just brought out the jealousy in Mio, the one who sets the rule about keeping their relationship secret was the first to break it.

Overall it was a decent episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 15, 2015 6:45 PM

Apr 2014
Classic tsunderes being tsunderes. As I'm more to be a tsundere fan, I'm enjoying Yuki's character a little bit more than Mio's though. Can't wait to hear more about her backstory as well as Mios. Some intro to a villain would be nice as well.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

74 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

71 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.