Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2015 6:49 PM

Aug 2014
Oh, they butchered the most fanservicey part of the story for that part there. Not sure if I', relieved or disappointed (probably both) since a large part of the franchise's ecchi appeal comes from there, yet the later parts are so very close to 18+ material.

I love the troll Maria, though I thought it would have been perfect with just a little more exaggerated emotion from her. There's more to come from her though, and I'm looking forward to that.

Pretty nice to see an MC not unintentionally stumbling into a girl in the bathroom all the time. Basara looks to be one of the better harem MCs this season and I'm glad for that. Yuuki's appearance, of course, was another highlight and I liked how they threw in the Takigawa scene with the subtle dialogue then ended off right at a mini-cliffhanger to pique the viewers' interest.

Keep it up, Shinmai. Looking good so far.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 15, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
;_; That ecchi. Needs more tits.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jan 15, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2010
katsu044 said:
so lewd but so meh

This.
Jan 15, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2010
God may bless you Sugita.
Anyway, solid episode I guess .. I hope that the Sugita guy is evil because I kinda want to see him on evil characters.
Jan 15, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Well I'm disappointed they didn't show much but hopefully the BD version will fix that and that window shot is replaced by actual fondling.

Then again I understand why they can't show it. That was pretty much To Love-Ru OVA level of ecchi-ness (ala Kotegawa's literal orgasm from Rito's voice).

That being said Maria is god damn awesome!! She's the literal opposite of Maria from Haganai in nature but just as devious and as lolicious XD

Paul said:

You're watching a ecchi show. All the ecchi content is censored. You're pretty much losing a huge part of the show. It's like trying to watch a action show and all the fight scenes are blacked out.

And I'll take it you only started recently watching anime or something? There are plenty of shows that have aired completely uncensored on TV.

*cough* Tokyo Ghoul *cough*

There are also plenty of shows that aired censored though so... I think when watching an ecchi show it's almost a given that it's censored. Not all of them are lucky enough to survive censoring as it airs, even To Love Ru Darkness was almost unwatchable with all the beam of lights at first
MoeGodJan 15, 2015 9:57 PM
Jan 15, 2015 10:47 PM

May 2010
They could handle the ecchi a little better imo. So Maria is an adult? Loli huh.

MCs in anime can sure forget such bright hair. Yuuki is okay.

And I am still not very fond of Mio. Okay episode.
Jan 16, 2015 8:23 AM
May 2011
The fanservice and oversexualization are plain disgusting. Dropped.
Jan 16, 2015 12:37 PM
Jun 2013
Okay...I see where this is going...

I'm disappointed by this second episode. They didn't maintain the momentum of the first episode at all. Yuuki seems cool though.
Jan 16, 2015 9:06 PM
Jun 2010
my reaction so far in the series: DAMMIT! YET ANOTHER WHITE-HAIRED LOLI THAT GIVES ME REASONS TO GET A BONER! that makes.....4.5 of them.....
Jan 16, 2015 9:12 PM

Sep 2013
That green haired guy is obviously an enemy :(
Maria is in the corner hearing the basara x yuuki convo :O drama incoming

Why is Mio is so damn perfect? :'( I'll cry myself to sleep now.
Jan 16, 2015 11:28 PM

Sep 2010
Takigawa is too blatantly suspicious... "unseen power". >.>

L-Ryoshi said:
Yuuki just brought out the jealousy in Mio, the one who sets the rule about keeping their relationship secret was the first to break it.

Silly Mio, abandoning the original plan just minutes later. >.>

Characters are still mostly likeable.

Also, why are stars visible through the eclipsed moon in the end credits? Does the video editor know anything about astronomy? Or light?
TakataJan 16, 2015 11:44 PM
Jan 17, 2015 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
So far i like it, remind me of "Date a Live" for some reason but little more aggressive,
ecchi parts could have been better without the censor and its a little bit rush but nothing to complain about.
it still enjoyable to watch.....Cant wait to next week episode :)
NisxJan 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Jan 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode, so far it's entertaining.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 17, 2015 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
Censorship everywhere ! Let see one more episode before judge it. (I'll probably wait for the Bluray).
SakaitsuJan 17, 2015 7:50 PM
Jan 17, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2013
Orgasmic.

^ just, wow... hilarious. I kind of wonder what Mio did to Maria after dragging her out by the head.
Jan 17, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2014
Mio's jealous of Yuuki! But then again, it sounds like Yuuki doesn't want Basara around Mio either LOL

And the only way to remove the curse is to touch her inappropriately omg lol of course.~

Poor Basara already being hated on by every guy in the school because his connections with the princesses of the school xD Well at least that one guy seems okay (so far)...
Jan 18, 2015 2:24 AM

May 2013
Still amazed that the OP shows a naked Basara. Dat smoke censor tho. And so the censoring starts to grow.

The Master-Servant pact is way better than your average GPS. Lol, Basara is the master in this case.
Lol, there's a succubus curse. And Mio must submit. Lol, nine times, if you know what I mean.

Yuuki the childhood friend appears! And Mio is jealous. Oh snap, she told everyone about living with Basara.
Despite everything, Basara still made friends with Takigawa.
"You have to use protection." Lol Maria.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 18, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2008
why censored!? why!!?

Jan 18, 2015 8:38 PM

Jan 2015
This anime is horrible.

I basically just saw someone get raped.

Dropped.
Jan 20, 2015 2:33 AM
Jan 2012
So far, I can't decide whether or not I like Yuuki or Maria more... They are both awesome... Mio is okay but... You know...

Odds are, Mio is going to screw herself over due to that contract, but I suppose as long as she doesn't hold genuine hostility towards him it will be fine...

I like Basara's new friend, though something tells me he's going to end up as the enemy... Potentially after Mio. Though I suppose if that were the case, he could have already attacked her...

No matter, I'm looking forward to the next episode regardless.
Jan 20, 2015 2:53 AM
Aug 2012
FairyTechnology said:
This anime is horrible.

I basically just saw someone get raped.

Dropped.

Nope you didn't and she wasn't raped.

Jan 20, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You apparently don't know rape when you see and hear it.

No means no!
Jan 20, 2015 8:19 AM
Aug 2012
FairyTechnology said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You apparently don't know rape when you see and hear it.

No means no!

Apparently you are an expert.....

You didn't see anything because of the lightbeams and there is no rape here in the source material.

Jan 20, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2015
Along with the fact that she was given aphrodisiacs to force her into a sexual situation without her consent.

When the main protagonist starts assaulting her, she very clearly says "no". And he keeps going without her consent.

That's rape.
Jan 20, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
Basara didn't put his c*ck into Mio's p*ssy so it's not rape, pretty simple.
Jan 20, 2015 9:52 AM
Aug 2012
FairyTechnology said:
Along with the fact that she was given aphrodisiacs to force her into a sexual situation without her consent.

When the main protagonist starts assaulting her, she very clearly says "no". And he keeps going without her consent.

That's rape.

This is stupid.........with all due respect to the women, this is just plain stupid.

So was it the MC's fault or did he know anything here beforehand? Aren't they both the victims here? Or wait the alternative aka suffering continuously from the curse or in worst case dying was better right?

Sigh SJWs.......anything will look like a rape according to some dumb logic to them. Well keep thinking that way......not my business.

Jan 20, 2015 9:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This show has a certain charm that I like about it. Well, hopefully more happens next episode.

I'm glad the new friend character isn't high pitched and hyper, he's cool and down to earth. That's a breath of fresh air to me.
Jan 21, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So was it the MC's fault or did he know anything here beforehand? Aren't they both the victims here?

It is the main character's fault for having sex with someone after they said no.

Him being a victim of some things, in this series, don't lessen the fact he is a victimizer. He is a rapist.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Or wait the alternative aka suffering continuously from the curse or in worst case dying was better right?

First of all, an aphrodisiac curse doesn't exist in real life. All it was, was an excuse for the creators to depict rape.

And secondly, no means no.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sigh SJWs

You're using social justice, which is a good thing, as an insult, against people who actually know what rape is.

Sigh... rape apologists. Nothing will look like rape according to some dumb logic to them.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
.......anything will look like a rape according to some dumb logic to them.

Apparently, almost nothing looks like "rape" to some people. And only a small percentage of rape to you is "legitimate rape".

No means no. And if you think that no means anything other than no, you clearly don't understand consent. And that makes you horrifying. If this doesn't qualify as rape for you, I fear for the women in your life.
Jan 21, 2015 8:44 AM
Aug 2012
FairyTechnology said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So was it the MC's fault or did he know anything here beforehand? Aren't they both the victims here?

It is the main character's fault for having sex with someone after they said no.

For God's sake they didn't have sex..............i don't care about the rest of your BS. Think want you want......like i said before not my business. I have respect for women not for delusional SJWs.

Preach your SEX/RAPE expertise somewhere else.
Dragon_Slayer_XJan 21, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 21, 2015 8:54 AM

May 2009
SJWs pls go
Jan 21, 2015 8:56 AM
Oct 2014
Generic garbage as alway.
Filled with every cliche that crosses your mind.
Jan 21, 2015 4:24 PM

Jan 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
For God's sake they didn't have sex

Perhaps there wasn't any traditional intercourse, but he still pushed himself on her sexually. And that's rape to me. To many people, there's a differences between "sexual assault" and "rape". But I don't think there's any point in that distinction.

Pushing yourself on a woman, when she says no, is not okay.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I have respect for women not for delusional SJWs.

bastek66 said:
SJWs pls go

There's nothing wrong with being a "social justice warrior". And calling someone a "social justice warrior" as an insult when you disagree with them, isn't particularly respectable.

The only thing delusional here, is your rape apologetics.
Jan 22, 2015 4:45 AM

May 2009
FairyTechnology said:
There's nothing wrong with being a "social justice warrior".

Except SJWs are one of worst cancers of the internet.
Jan 23, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
WELP, FOUND MY GUILTY PLEASURE FOR THIS SEASON
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 23, 2015 11:22 PM

Dec 2013
Wow. Rape? Really?

Have you ever watched ecchi/harem anime before? What about hentai?

I mean, obviously if you have you're conveniently blocked it out just so you can make your stupid point here. Your "no means no" line does not apply, and there are multiple reasons for this...

First, he did not "assault" her. Both of them were forced into the situation by Maria, and they completely accepted what he had to do because of the curse.

Second, if we judged solely on your "no means no" logic then every ecchi anime and every hentai ever made would be nothing but rape stories. They use the word "no" a lot during those types of interactions, and most of these times they aren't actually telling the person no. I don't know if it's something to do with translations, or traditions in Japan, or something else entirely but that's just the way it is.

Third, she's actually crushing on Basara pretty damn hard. She kind of has a tsundere thing going on.

If you watched this episode and saw rape then you should probably dance your happy ass back down to Sesame Street and watch your My Little Ponies, or whatever it is you children do today.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 25, 2015 8:03 PM

Jul 2011
Strange, reminds me of another anime I watched before, but still interesting :)
Jan 28, 2015 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
Wait... after the "touch her to release the curse" scene... was that... Mio's... fluids? On the floor?
Feb 21, 2015 8:21 AM
Mar 2014
Daamn that lewd Master-servant pact scene.

The original plan was that Mio became the master and Basara the servant, funny how it turned out.

Maria is like 'thehe my bad'.
Mar 30, 2015 8:03 AM

May 2014
Yuki is here! And also Yahiro. hoho, that guy.. >:D

Fucking censorship!! I have the same feeling I got while watching Tokyo Ghoul. So frustrating!
May 1, 2015 10:13 AM
Jan 2015
Man, I love the opening of this anime :). . .

Notice, by the end of intro song when Mio wings resist to be hugged by Basara.
Then, it relaxed and all laid down when she finally accept him.
I don't know I feel touched by that somehow :D, just like birds, right?

And wtf with some girl opening her mouth widely in the middle of the song, weird huh?

Anyway, nice intro :). . .
I'm a philosopher. A thinker.

A devouted and loyal Opportunist and yet a simple-minded Pragmatist.
May 29, 2015 6:29 AM

Jan 2012
tsundere (nani yo) + cute moans, this is so my type of anime.
Jun 28, 2015 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
Literally had to check the genres to make sure I didn't accidentally start watching a hentai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2015 3:24 PM
May 2015
timbob90210 said:
Literally had to check the genres to make sure I didn't accidentally start watching a hentai.
Hentai shows the actual sexual act. Ecchi doesn't.
Sep 21, 2015 2:41 AM

Jul 2014
The look on the Loli succubus's face as Mio is getting felt up was priceless!!!! *MC made me facepalm hard asking a stupid ass question* "Is it ok to feel her up?" When he did it without asking!!!!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Sep 25, 2015 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
This hentai anime has a pretty high budget, near kuroinu levels.
Oct 30, 2015 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
Wow this episode... I like a bit of fanservice but this is too much even for me, too fast aswell, and the cliche, new transfer student, hooks up with 2 school idols that are in the same class apparently...

I liked the female jelousy tho, probably the only one of the only cliches that I still like...
Jan 12, 2016 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
Hooray for boobies! Hooray for the unscensored version! Damn bruh that boob massage scene was hot af.

A new chick has arrived! She seems interesting. And that kid with Gin-san's voice. He's suspicious
Feb 5, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2012
Maria confirmed for best girl. B-E-S-T. Yeah I can't even imagine watching this censored, that was glorious. Part of me wonders how awkward it would have been if the tables were turned and Mio had to fondle Basara though.

I know ecchi shows tend to share tropes/similarities, but the situation with Yuuki, Basara, and Mio reminds me of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (and they have like nearly the same exact hairstyles to boot).
Apr 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
My d*ck enjoyed this episode a lot. Unfortunately the main girl is an annoying bitch, maybe that new girl will improve this series though.
May 27, 2016 12:05 AM

Dec 2012
DAT ASS! DEM OPPAI!

DAT HUG!

They showed the characters on the book cover.
RobMay 27, 2016 12:20 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

74 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

71 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.