Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 27, 2009 3:23 AM
Jan 2009
I seriusly hope they keep Goat-Kun in ;)
Nov 27, 2009 3:39 AM

Nov 2007
Dark_Kain said:
I seriusly hope they keep Goat-Kun in ;)

Love how chaotic this episode is, after all the flashback and flashforwards. This first twilight certainly is the least magical if you think about it really. Sure, their faces are identifiable now, but the method of killing could easily be interpreted as gunshots. Maria's killing spree seems to be implied to be a dream shes having but the anime also made it such that you could assume it happened shortly after Rosa murdered Shota-tarou. Having that in mind the chance that those may not necessarily be Rosa's true thoughts but just Maria's negative thinking and anger is higher but doesn't change the fact Rosa still sucks as a mother. Next week looks like it'll be really exciting. George finally has the spotlight.
Nov 27, 2009 5:06 AM
Aug 2009
Now Rosa showed her real nature. God damn it I hate her even more and I can understand Maria for taking revange.
And finally more Siesta's action :D (damn want my own <.<)
Nov 27, 2009 5:56 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty sick episode. Watching six of the sacrifices getting shot and Rosa getting tortured by Maria was sick.

Nov 27, 2009 6:42 AM

Aug 2009
"KOTAE WA NO DE ARU!"

00 Siesta Gundam...eliminating the targets! >.<

Well, it's about time Maria channeled her inner Rena. Her torturing of Rosa was both satisfying and creepy
Nov 27, 2009 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
I loved the music which was played during Rosa x Maria scene *w*

Nov 27, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2008
GarLogan78 said:
I loved Maria's faces.

Good to feel somebody else feels that way about Maria's animu version.
Ever since the beginning, I have been pleased with the Higurashi style facial expression and her voicing.

Unfortunately, not too many others agree.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 27, 2009 12:02 PM

Jan 2008
Dark_Requiem said:

3.When someone is describing a murder events involving "cute bunny girls poping out of no where and suddenly starting to kill people using some weird bow-like-weapon", could anyone possibly fail to mention the bunnies and only said old kinzo is going crazy? :D no, therefore Krauss didnt see cute bunnies :-(

omg you're a genius D: never noticed this but it makes a lot of sense now ^^
Nov 27, 2009 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
Boring episode. The only things I took from this was Kinzo being called Goldsmith and him singling out Dr. Nanjo. Again, I feel like he is being manipulated into seeing that the murders happen. I feel like the first twilight could have been some kind of mexican stand off, but since I can't really explain how that would have gone off, it doesn't really matter.
Nov 27, 2009 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
Re: Preview: Umineko becomes a power level Shonen? Was that really Son Goku? xD
Nov 27, 2009 1:13 PM

May 2008
I just can't take this show seriously when there are bunny girls killing people, dropped the score to six, I still hope it redeems itself.

Cool Maria's faces though
Nov 27, 2009 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
You aren't supposed to take the bunny girls seriously :P
Nov 27, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
for people that have no idea as to what "Mirage Coordinator" is, it is the epic background music played during this episode around 12:30 minutes into the episode (since i'm not a vn player i had no clue what these guys were talking about). if you haven't heard the greatness of this song due to it being too quiet during Maria's killing spree...
Nov 27, 2009 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
xmysticchanx said:
omg you're a genius D: never noticed this but it makes a lot of sense now ^^
thnaks for quoting me even when you misspelled my name ;-) Im glad its able to help at least someone, but thats sadly nothing genius. you still have a long way to go before figuring out this show....
OmegaDenmad said:
Re: Preview: Umineko becomes a power level Shonen? Was that really Son Goku? xD
yeah, kakaroto is son goku. I really love the previews
Nov 27, 2009 2:25 PM

Sep 2008
A spectacular onslaught. Other than that, the episode didn't appeal. Censors :S
Nov 27, 2009 2:29 PM

Apr 2009
LOL I'm sorry but did anyone laugh when Gohda and Kumasawa ran out of the conference room or was it just me? XD Their scream was just so...cartoonish. Oh my.

I think Umineko is a pretty cool guy. eh kills his fmaily to get laid wiht a witch and doesn't afraid of anything.

Scary Maria is scary o.O DEEN sure unleashed all their killer loli face drawing potential xP Can't really blame her for hating a mother like that, but this...
CenedessNov 27, 2009 2:33 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 27, 2009 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
Kumasawa and Gohda's reactions are always hilarious.
Nov 27, 2009 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
Enjoyed the episode as always. ^-^ The torture scenes seemed most intense in this one.
Nov 27, 2009 3:52 PM

Oct 2009
ukonkivi said:
GarLogan78 said:
I loved Maria's faces.

Ever since the beginning, I have been pleased with the Higurashi style facial expression and her voicing.

Count me in! THe face was done perfectly with the crazy/insane and evil torture look and I also liked ones of Reina from Higurashi.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 27, 2009 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Rosa got what she deserved..but hmm...Kinzo's crazy now.
Nov 27, 2009 6:27 PM

Nov 2007
They just keep dying, like in an endless recursion of time.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 27, 2009 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
cool~ pretty interesting episode =D

wonder wat kind of game they're gonna play this time o-o

Nov 27, 2009 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
as usual, rough pacing. looks like they're goin' all out for EP4 tea party.

Flat GOLDSMITH scene but good Rosa torture scene, she deserve that.

gonna wait for big battle in the next ep !!
Nov 27, 2009 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
ukonkivi said:
GarLogan78 said:
I loved Maria's faces.

Count me in! THe face was done perfectly with the crazy/insane and evil torture look and I also liked ones of Reina from Higurashi.

In this episode I felt like she really looked upset and like driven to madness. Not like in some of the earlier episodes where she looked almost cartoonish.
Nov 27, 2009 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
Grimmm said:
Rosa got what she deserved..but hmm...Kinzo's crazy now.

He always has been. Kihihihihi.
Nov 27, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
I wonder if beato got fead up watching maria kill like 100 times, anyway maria bah i dont really like her personality, so noisy.
anyway the killing was quick 6 already, wonder what test it will be for them
Nov 28, 2009 12:00 AM

Oct 2009
Subs just made me hate Rosa even more.....what kind of mother says that it would have been better that you did not get born.....after the kid is 9/10 years old? Or that you are in the way of happiness when most of my family was happy when people got born like my brothers before and sisters? O_o where is the Kuwadorian....is it where Beatrice was when she was alive? Why there is even a prison there when no one else lives on the Island itself?

Nov 28, 2009 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
lovedlovedloved the gore in this episode. i liked how natsuhi was the first one to get killed off, ahahaha.

just so you guys know, i kept repeating the part where daisuke ono goes AAAUU AAUU for about 10 times. 8)
Nov 28, 2009 3:08 AM
Mar 2009
francismeunier said:
where is the Kuwadorian....is it where Beatrice was when she was alive?

Yes.

francismeunier said:
Why there is even a prison there when no one else lives on the Island itself?

Who knows what goes through Kinzo's head, that's why in the VN, many of his children say things like "I wouldn't put it past Kinzo" to do such and such.
Nov 28, 2009 5:23 AM

Mar 2009
First thing that made me smile in this episode was Mirage Coordinator. :)
And then the Rosa thing during Mirage Coordinator. XD

I was getting a little restless with no murders happening. I couldn't put my puny brain to work to think up ways people could have died, but at least the next game started already. Time to try to think!
Nov 28, 2009 5:56 AM

May 2008
So, what do people here think about the Gaap design difference in the anime versus the VN?
I don't know whether to say she's skinnier or what, but she certain looks a bit different. Heck in the VN her body took up most of the screen in way higher proportion to the rest of the characters. And she just looked kinda different.

Thoughts?

Nov 28, 2009 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:

Remember the Beatrice that Rosa killed? Well, there was some talk about Kinzo taking measures so that wouldn't happen again (well, trying at least; Beatrice said she was already out of his grasp in that form). Of course, that speculation would lead to another conclusion...
Nov 28, 2009 10:09 AM

Aug 2008
So, then it's generally accepted that what goes on before each of the games go together even though the games themselves are almost completely separate from each other.
Nov 28, 2009 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
^ yeah, it's sorta like that. Because the game only officially starts on that day of 1986 in Rokkenjima. The next two days during which the massacres happen are completely cut off from the world before and after, so the events preceding the meeting in all 4 games are ones and the same.
Nov 28, 2009 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
The insanity in Rosa's voice during her scenes with Maria were perfect. Her anger and hatred was really well done.

00's voice was dead on! Just what I would have placed on her character. Not so much with Gaap, but I can't complain about her sultry voice <3
Nov 28, 2009 3:24 PM

Apr 2009
Nichalos said:
I'm glad we're done with most of the Ange stuff for now, I never found it particularly interesting. Though it made the episode this week seem even better than usual.

I REALLY want to see that! That made me LOL in the VN. XD
Nov 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Oct 2009
kinzo is the man
Nov 28, 2009 7:41 PM

May 2008
Okay episode. Glad they've gone back to the island and began the Twilights. I can't like the Rosa torture scene near as much as many of the people here seem to have. I found it disgusting, and longer than necessary, though it had to be disgusting to have the desired affect, though half that time it lasted would've done in my opinion.

Currently watching the VN on youtube from when the meeting started (wanted to see the grandchildren value scene) and currently where Gaap appears in front of Battler after the first Twilight in the Meta world. Must say, the VN is much better, though when you consider the time limit of an anime it's uninvitable. But I'm wishing that less time was spent on Maria and Rosa and more on the conference.
Also, the VN is making it clear that each game board the game has more magical power due to the Meta world's influence on the island.

And it also is interesting that in spite of being "pawns" Sharron, Kanon, and I'm assuming also Genji remember each game board based on the conversation between Shannon and Kanon in the anime. I had already figured each demon knew what was going on while in the game board, but for some reason I hadn't thought of those three in spite of them apparently also being demons.

And now I'm curious as to Genji's ranking among demons. He seems to be higher than Shannon and Kanon, but other than when he put them to " permanent sleep" in the previous game, he hasn't really shown any magical abilities. But after Ronove's reaction in the VN to Genji being one of the first sacrifices, I'm thinking that perhaps that maybe he's similar to Beatrice when she was trapped in a human body, except with memories.

EDIT: Just started the scene where Battler is thinking about the corrosion after Gaap appears, and lol at the part where he was thinking, 'Yeah, I'm sure that's true. And not only is the number of people corroded, her fashion sense apparently is as well.
If the corrosion advances any further and even more weird people appear, just what in the world will they be wearing? .........It's so scary I can't even imagine...'
lol
mangastarNov 28, 2009 7:48 PM
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nov 28, 2009 9:45 PM

Oct 2009
mangastar said:
Okay episode. Glad they've gone back to the island and began the Twilights. I can't like the Rosa torture scene near as much as many of the people here seem to have. I found it disgusting, and longer than necessary, though it had to be disgusting to have the desired affect, though half that time it lasted would've done in my opinion.
Then I hated and found disgusting the Sakutaro scenes of last episode and find the Rosa torture scene was to pay back for that.
OmegaDenmad said:
francismeunier said:

PsychFreak said:

francismeunier said:

Who knows what goes through Kinzo's head, that's why in the VN, many of his children say things like "I wouldn't put it past Kinzo" to do such and such.

I will assume Kinzo was sadastic so he liked torture but also think he could have used that prison for magic experiments more.....

Remember the Beatrice that Rosa killed? Well, there was some talk about Kinzo taking measures so that wouldn't happen again (well, trying at least; Beatrice said she was already out of his grasp in that form). Of course, that speculation would lead to another conclusion...
I see, don't think keeping the alive Beatrice in a prison would be nice in the state it was in....
francismeunierNov 28, 2009 9:55 PM

Nov 28, 2009 11:49 PM

Feb 2009
Random people appearing randomly. Oh look, it's seacats the anime.

Quality mom is still quality.
Nov 29, 2009 3:39 AM

Mar 2008
I've got to admit, this was satisfying. Maybe the story could show all of the characters getting tortured like Rosa, and then, maybe it's rating would go up to a 2.

And that was somemighty fine music during the killings.
Nov 29, 2009 5:31 AM

May 2008

Nov 29, 2009 6:48 AM

Feb 2009
lol...that was some awesome slaughter :O

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 29, 2009 8:09 AM

Jun 2008
ukonkivi said:

why?
Nov 29, 2009 8:31 AM
Mar 2009
^
Nov 29, 2009 8:46 AM

Nov 2008
Kinzo has a nice way to test his grandchildren, lol
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 29, 2009 5:09 PM

Apr 2008
Weee, 'bout time they put miragecoordinator in.

Looking forward to the
Nov 29, 2009 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
TwilightRhapsody said:
Weee, 'bout time they put miragecoordinator in.

Looking forward to the

They'll probably be cut
Nov 29, 2009 11:24 PM

Jan 2009
YES!!! GO MARIA!!! KILL THE BITCH!!!
Nov 30, 2009 7:28 PM
Jun 2009
This episode was insane, best one so far IMHO.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 7, 2009

237 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.