Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2008 2:35 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A wild beast behind the cute facade. Horo's wolf form is awesome.

The deal didn't turn out to be as great as expected but they made enough money to continue, I wonder how often Lawrence is going to have to buy new expensive clothes for Horo, xD.

I was surprised how quickly Chloe decided to let Lawrence get killed though.

But I'm glad they don't have to part just yet, great episode.
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:32 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 14, 2008 3:40 AM
May 2007
Kind of a meh episode for me, not a lot happened. =(

Still looking forward to the next episode though.
Feb 14, 2008 3:49 AM

Nov 2007
Ah, finally been subbed so we can discuss it (I watched the raw a while back, but I don't start discussion threads =p)

Horo, as always, was awesome. Love her full form. Beautiful. I love how she just appears again at the end after he thought she'd left him. I really want this to turn romantic, but I don't think it will. :(
Feb 14, 2008 3:58 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah Horo wolf form is pwn XD...she really is the best...episode was pretty good liked it enough only qualm is that the episode ended >_<
[center]
Feb 14, 2008 5:39 AM

May 2007
I liked this episode too. I was wondering when they were going to whip out the actual full wolf form. I was worried that she was going to leave him when she started walking away in the tunnel with her wheat pouch thing, so I was glad that she came back in the end for him.

Looking forward to the next one. ^.^
Feb 14, 2008 5:47 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, really nice episode..
So we got to know the meaning of "Wolf and Spice" xD
Im glad it wasn't a farewell for long.

Can't wait for more :D

Feb 14, 2008 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode.
Horo was awesome as always. Her wolf form pwns, and the way she cared for Lawrence when he was stabbed was lovely =P
I was also surprised by the fact Chloe decided to get rid of Lawrence so quickly.
Feb 14, 2008 7:34 AM

Jan 2007
oh man, that was intense. Great episode.
Feb 14, 2008 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, that one was great...

Horos wolf form... Overkill. I actually made my insane laugh at that moment >.>
I'd love to see them go romantic, but... damn, NO. They ARE going to have a happy end. I don't care how, or why but I request HAPPY ROMANTIC ENDING ONCE! And nothing else concerns me.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 14, 2008 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
That was a very good episode ^^

I too got suprised with Chloe's coldness... she didn't even give it a thought before telling the men to kill Lawrence. wtf? What happened to the build our own house, open up our own shop, the "I want to partner up with you because I admire you"?

And for the second time I felt cheated because Horo and Lawrence look like they are almost going to kiss but they don't. Wish she had kissed him, said something along the lines of "washi wa kimi wo mamoru" and only then bit him ._. I also really really hope for a romantic ending >_<

Well, whatever happens, this anime is going on the right track. Can't wait for the next episode.

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Feb 14, 2008 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
i LOVED this episode. this anime is turning out to be really good!

the Chloe thing was wtf. selfish bitch >_<

i really thought Horo and Lawrence were going to kiss too.. made me *squee* when she was leaning in. however, what ended up happening made the story even more interesting, esp. how Lawrence was frightened of her after she went into wolf form..

i'm almost wishing the anime would be longer. there better be an amazing ending ^^;
Feb 14, 2008 11:57 AM

Jun 2007
I liked this episode a lot, it was pretty fast paced and interesting. Horo's wolf form is awesome (I loved the fact that she transformed in 2-3 seconds, I was expecting a long, show from tail to head transformation, but it was better the way they made it.)
Somehow I'm not surprised by Chloe's actions. =D
Feb 14, 2008 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
I was a bit disappointed when Horo didn't kill Chloe, I'd been hoping for that.

And I second that about a romantic happy ending! This anime lacks fluffy romance.
Feb 14, 2008 2:32 PM

Sep 2007
Finally some "true form Horo" action! Frikkin badass!
And the profit they made probably went to buying new clothes lol :P

Also I feel sorry for Horo for being treated like a monster by Lawerence.. He was frightened to death and I think she took that really bad..

Feb 14, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
A wild beast behind the cute facade. Horo's wolf form is awesome.
But I'm glad they don't have to part just yet, great episode.

agree, Horo really is amazing, both as a beauty and a beast :P

albin said:
Also I feel sorry for Horo for being treated like a monster by Lawerence.. He was frightened to death and I think she took that really bad..

Same here... I would love to pet her, you got a lovely wolf-girl which turns into a protective wolf ... P.S. might leave a hikkie :P
Feb 14, 2008 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
wow, great episode! It's already half time for the series and I am already really impressed by the show, can't wait to see how everything ends up.
Feb 14, 2008 5:05 PM

Aug 2007
From what I hear, the actual episode 7 is supposed to be a DVD-only episode. This probably means that the next episode is actually 8 or something like that o_O

Pretty decent episode, this ends the 'x' arc right?
Feb 14, 2008 5:53 PM

Dec 2007
I have to add... Yeah, I found Lawr being afraid of her pretty dumb, after all she knew her for some time...

But then, remember he had some nasty accident with wolves, maybe that's the case?

And Toad... Chodan janeizo! (I hope I got the romaji right) WTH is this supposed to mean? O_o I want a pretty set of ALL of the epis.

They better not pull off something funny, or heads will roll!

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 14, 2008 6:19 PM

Aug 2007
Intense lol. Great episode.
Feb 14, 2008 6:54 PM

Jan 2008
You don't have to hope for romance, this is a romance. When she turned to him and said "Please don't look at me" before transforming proved she didn't want to lose him to fear.
Feb 14, 2008 6:55 PM

Aug 2007
ha ha Horo just stomped all those noobs out. I like how Lawrence jumped and ran out shirtless. It shows how much he cares for her.
Feb 14, 2008 7:05 PM
Oct 2007
Sakinho said:

And for the second time I felt cheated because Horo and Lawrence look like they are almost going to kiss but they don't. Wish she had kissed him, said something along the lines of "washi wa kimi wo mamoru" and only then bit him ._.

I was thinking the same thing! lol
moo
Feb 14, 2008 8:08 PM

Sep 2007
Seriously... Chloe is a bitch...
I mean what the hell...
Horo should've ignored Lawrence and murdered her.
Darn eh?
Feb 14, 2008 8:15 PM

Jul 2007
As usual love the new episode of this series, horo is going on my favs lol
Feb 14, 2008 8:55 PM
Jan 2008
divinecow said:
Seriously... Chloe is a bitch...
I mean what the hell...
Horo should've ignored Lawrence and murdered her.
Darn eh?

It's weird, though, how can she POSSIBLY redeem herself after ordering men to kill him right to his face? Hopefully she'll remain a villain and get killed in the end.

At least Horo could have bitten her arm off or something...

Fantastic episode, I'm really enjoying this show.
Feb 14, 2008 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
AikoD said:
I was a bit disappointed when Horo didn't kill Chloe, I'd been hoping for that.

My thoughts exactly, I was hoping that Horo would at least give her a nasty bite ;-)
Feb 14, 2008 9:14 PM
Dec 2007
This was one of the best episodes so far in this series. It was intense during the beginning with Lawrence getting stabbed and Horo changing into her wolf form. Then of course Horo just running through everyone was crazy.

Horo and Lawrence have one unique relationship and I have to agree that Chloe is a bitch. After everything Lawrence did to help her, it seems she truly doesn't care about him. The reunion in the end was nice.
Feb 15, 2008 1:09 AM

Sep 2007
Loved this episode, the chase scene kept up a good intensity, and it was good to see how the whole deal played out. I wish I had a cart full of apples...
Feb 15, 2008 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
Mm.. it was a good episode. Kind of sad how Horo bought her own stuff at the end though. I was kind of hoping for a date-ish scene between the two, since they were kind of talking about it back when could have potentially died and stuff, but I guess you can't be picky. Horo going giant wolf form was alright, but I would have thought Lawrence wouldn't be afraid of that form anymore. I'm thinking they're just going through a process with him so as to make "not being afraid of Horo's true form" something like character growth. Hah.

Well anyway, I liked the episode. Spice and Wolf is probably one of my favorite currently airing animes. Has alot of potential. =)
Feb 15, 2008 5:33 AM

Aug 2007
Literally character growth in Horo's case! xD That full wolf form was a bit creepy, but still very cool. At first with the ''almost-kiss'' scene, I first thought as well that she was going to kiss him, but it turned into a vampire-scene. So then I thought: Lawrence becomes a wolf, but no, I was wrong once again. It could be an idea so they have their happy ending, oh well.

Was an very interesting episode~! =D
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 15, 2008 7:46 AM
Dec 2007
albin said:

As said before, yes, he has had traumatic experiences dealing with wolves, or so he hinted at. Although, him telling Horo to stop was just his way of keeping her human in his heart. If he had seen Horo kill an unconcious person in cold-blood I don't think he could have ever looked at her in the same way. That said, Lawrence did look repentant in the end, so he did realize he made a disservice to her by getting scared like that.

Feb 15, 2008 8:13 AM

Sep 2007
this episode is good, horo's wolf form (huge) LoL i really did think that horo's going to travel alone but i think too much :P

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 15, 2008 9:31 AM

Jul 2007
Invisiblemoose said:

It's weird, though, how can she POSSIBLY redeem herself after ordering men to kill him right to his face? Hopefully she'll remain a villain and get killed in the end.

At least Horo could have bitten her arm off or something...

Fantastic episode, I'm really enjoying this show.

As far as we know, she hasnt actually killed anyone as of yet, i do not particurly like chloe but i believe she will be redeemed.

I have a feeling that the main antagonist hasnt been revealed if there is one..
Feb 15, 2008 10:01 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Great ep :) Most people said things I was thinking already. I'm beginning to love the ending ^^

I thought the Company guy's story about the demon eating people was so random and stupid it was funny ^^ And Lawrence is kind of like, wth? afterwards, lol.
Feb 15, 2008 8:09 PM

Oct 2007
I'm glad the farewell wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. While I was really anxious to see her soon after he thought she had gone, I hadn't expected it to be that quick or to be that well... happy. Horo's wolf form is pretty sweet, I'm not sure if I want to see it again though. I don't want to see another cute set of clothing get torn apart. What she's wearing right now (or at least what we can see) looks nice. Chloe can rot in hell for all I care...
Feb 15, 2008 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
Completely awesome episode, and my favorite thus far. I laughed so hard when Lawrence ran out of the room shirtless. :P
Feb 15, 2008 9:01 PM

Jul 2007
some points about the episode and the show in general(just bulleted since im lazy to organize my thoughts)

*i finally realized what makes me watch this show: the literal ups and downs of it. there are parts which really bore me a lot(like i'd rate it a zero - a.k.a. some explanations about the trading system etc) and parts which keep me to the edge of my seat("action scenes" involving the chase) - these elements make for a show that rapidly changes paces from slow to fast, which is a good thing for me because you'll never know what to expect

*the semi-kiss scene reminded me of rosario+vampire XD "moka-san!" "tsukune!" "moka-..." "KAPUCHUUUU!" LOL

*(not sure if somebody said this already) i think horo's form NATURALLY induces fear, that's why lawrence was still scared in seeing her that way. seeing her wolf form maybe somethign that triggers fear in a human so no matter what that human thinks, the human will always feel fear.

crap my post is still too long T_T
Feb 15, 2008 9:06 PM

Jan 2008
corroded said:

*(not sure if somebody said this already) i think horo's form NATURALLY induces fear, that's why lawrence was still scared in seeing her that way. seeing her wolf form maybe somethign that triggers fear in a human so no matter what that human thinks, the human will always feel fear.

Didn't she say that there was someone who wasn't afraid of her true form, though? Well, I'd be scared if I saw a huge wolf right in front of me too, but I would think I'd be used to it after seeing her twice and knowing she isn't going to hurt me. >_>
Feb 15, 2008 10:20 PM

Jul 2007
This is turning out to be one of the top anime this season. I'm, however, a little concerned about the fact it only has so few total episodes.. they better somehow stuff some good conclusion (and a kiss >_<) into those few remaining weeks.
Feb 15, 2008 10:32 PM

Jan 2008
Meh- I'm content with the amount of total episodes. I wouldn't want to watch their travels to the north for as long as I've been watching Naruto, that's for sure. >_>
Feb 16, 2008 2:02 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome episode. Horo owned ^.w.^ . I woulda liked some more realistic violence thou, ah well. Looking forward to the next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2008 2:03 AM

Oct 2007
She's pretty big and badass.

Feb 16, 2008 2:09 AM

Jan 2008
Horo has all the qualities I look for in a woman. She has good taste, a strong personality, intelligent, street smart, she can be independent and strong and somehow still remain femininely vulnerable at times, she has the ability to transform into a giant wolf god and smite thy enemies... well maybe thats a bit weird, but those ears and tail make her even more adorable.

Feb 16, 2008 8:16 AM

Nov 2007
I wanted him to fight for a bit, but this is okay too. I hope Chloe/ Church doesn't butt in anymore.
SeanpieFeb 18, 2008 1:42 PM
Feb 16, 2008 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
I was diapointed with this episode, while it was still great, it was my least favoite episode so far.
MettyFeb 17, 2008 3:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2008 3:00 PM
Dec 2007
MistaCloudStrife said:
corroded said:

Didn't she say that there was someone who wasn't afraid of her true form, though? Well, I'd be scared if I saw a huge wolf right in front of me too, but I would think I'd be used to it after seeing her twice and knowing she isn't going to hurt me. >_>
The one she made a contract with I believe (the whole making the land fertile to increase wheat production which also turned her into a local deity).

Well, part of it was also the fact she, seconds before, sucked his blood then all of a sudden began the transformation. Like I said, you can see he tried to fight his fearfull instinct at the very end and looks to be sorry about getting scared of her.

As for the main antagonist, There's a huge arrow over the Church to begin with, and the Duke who suggest Chloe and the village to sell off Horo are also big suspects. It could even be someone else with connections to both of those people, after all this is all about trading and the power and influence of money.

Feb 17, 2008 1:29 AM

Feb 2008
THANK GOD, he lives!!
During the episode I was totally sure we lose Lawrence. With this the author could have shown the audience how Horo met and lost precious people throughout the hundreds of years of her life. But well.....false alarm!

From my point of view, there will be definitely a kiss in this show! No storywriter should be teasing his audience like that without giving them what they want at the end! *keep my fingers crossed*

Oh man.....Horo *sigh*.....I want to gnaw on her tail so much now! ^^
Feb 17, 2008 5:57 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode!Awesome wolf form!We want moar!
Feb 17, 2008 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
Trineas said:
Wow, really nice episode..
So we got to know the meaning of "Wolf and Spice" xD
Im glad it wasn't a farewell for long.

Can't wait for more :D

Finally! They finally explained the title! The explaination fits in so perfectly with the olde-timey feel of the series.

I was also waiting for Horo's transformation all series and wasn't disappointed! Glad it wasn't a long farewell also :)
Feb 17, 2008 9:54 PM

Oct 2007
omg whoever will thought that horo's true form will actually be a giant wolf? great apisode though...better than previous episodes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.