Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 11, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
I thought the direction was worse than anything else. Noucome was great but this just felt badly directed. I'll probably watch for Satsuki because she is a guilty pleasure type of mine.
Jan 11, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
1. They showed too much of the ending scenes at the start… it's clearly obvious they will defeat the black dragon as a group. Why even watch now?

2. The ost sounds really good, but it's mixed with stupid harem cliches.

3. if the MC (moroha) were a girl (surrounded by other girls), i would definitely watch; I'll pass on this one
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 11, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2008
Good lord this is horrendous. Worst anime of the season by far.

I usually don't mind harem/ecchi anime, but this is just terrible.

Who thought this is okay? WHO APPROVED THIS? It's 2015.
Jan 11, 2015 6:04 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Some interesting stuff here, like the weapons, the sort of "transformation" they undergo, the memories from their past lives, but really not much happened. Looks like it's taking the Infinite Stratos route with showing the final battle first and then rewinding it a considerable time back. I think if this plays its cards right, it could turn into something pretty cool.
Jan 11, 2015 6:11 PM
Oct 2014
Am I the only one who felt sorry for the Axe guy, he was just sitting around talking about stupid shit, when the pink haired girl picked a fight with him and lost, then mc wants him to apologize?, and then also picks a fight wiht him.

Honestly i Felt this was entirely the pink haired girls fault, why is the axe guy taking all the shit for this?
Jan 11, 2015 6:30 PM

Sep 2013
Why is it the rating is so low? 5? Really? 5?
Jan 11, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
Br4nd0nHeat said:
Why is it the rating is so low? 5? Really? 5?

That's the score from only three users. I'm sure the score is higher, but the page is yet to update its statistics.
Jan 11, 2015 6:42 PM

Oct 2014
This episode was so bad it was good... I was actually enjoying it... Although I felt somewhat disgusted after the episode finished... maybe whiplash.
Jan 11, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm this one was pretty iffy for me.

Although the absolute worst ecchi/harem show this year is Absolute Duo, this was just marginally better.

There were some parts where the animation was really good, and other parts where I thought I got immediate eye cancer.

Of course we have Taketatsu Ayana playing another flat-chested, unlikeable tsundere.

That first sparring match was kind of painful. It was like, do I want the annoying tsundere girl I already hate to win? Or do I want the 1st year who looks like he's 45 years old that I REALLY hate to win?

Big boobed girl was more interesting.

MC being a pussy until the end credits was kind of lame.

The dragon fight in the beginning...can we please never have another scene with a 20 minute spell cast ever again? Sweet.

Definitely not as good as Testament or Fafnir, but better than Duo. So hopefully this improves a bit over the season.

Kerozinn said:
horrendous animation quality indeed. okay 6 minutes were enough to realize i cant possibly force myself to watch this a minute longer.

Seriously...seriously, PLEASE kill yourself. You watch every ecchi/harem show this season and say the exact same thing. And every single time I've called you out for being a faggot.

It's ironic. Since you knew exactly what the shows were going to be like before you watched them, yet every single time you feel the need to come the discussion thread and say "wahh this show is generic. wahh this show is crap. wahh I'm dropping this is so bad". But I know you're going to be THAT douchebag who still watches every episode religiously and comes back to complain about how bad it was.
Jan 11, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
Jonesy974 said:

Although the absolute worst ecchi/harem show this year is Absolute Duo, this was just marginally better.

Say what now?

Why did the show give away their whole end game in the beginning of the episode... like damn why should I bother watching this now...

imo

Duo=Testament>Fafnir>World Break... but w.e to each his own.
Jan 11, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
D3pthCharge said:
Jonesy974 said:

Say what now?

Why did the show give away their whole end game in the beginning of the episode... like damn why should I bother watching this now...

imo

Duo=Testament>Fafnir>World Break... but w.e to each his own.

Well we don't actually know if that'll be the "end" of the show or not.

Plus...Duo did something extremely similar, lol
Jan 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
This has just become onr of my favourites for this season. Looking forward to next episode.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 11, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
Tha plot is rl shitty. Magic too, I mean he fking wrote an essay to use that ultimate magic. And this is earth rite? why are ppl with holy swords their ancestors? Well the comedy is funny and im curious since they just throw a whole lot of characters at me ill continue watching. That boob-fest was funny. Bony~
Jan 11, 2015 9:27 PM
Jul 2012
Goddamn... I hate these kinds of characters. The pink haired one that is. Always the leading role and cliche as fack!

I believe that they could've made this episode better. A more anticlimactic revaltation that he has the powers other than the boring way the creators made it out to be.

Weren't they sibling!!?? Why did they...?? In their past life? Tf...
Jan 11, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
Wow... that was... really bad.

Looking forward to next week.
Jan 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
naki12 said:

Ga_Laxy said:
Boy was the animation horrible. The battles looked static and that fries eating scene...
Their hands were shaking 'cause they had a bit of a struggle to pull out the fries from under the girl's hand. She was holding them down so they couldn't take any. Of course, the fries had to have been extremely strong to not break from all the force...

Oh yeah, you're right. I somehow missed that. Animation as a whole still leaves much to be desired.
Jan 11, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2009
While I've enjoyed the manga of this series, I don't feel like the anime did the story justice. It was all over the place, like the entire team working on this series was high on caffeine and sugar and just throw together different scenes and called it an episode...

They didn't even show how the MC was related to Shizuno (my fav girl in this series) in their past life and how he is different from the rest of the "Saviors".
giggles1337Jan 11, 2015 9:42 PM
Jan 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
They really rushed it... and this is one of the light novels adaptation I been keeping an eye on.

The flashback should've had more dialogue to see what exactly is happening... and also more on the other girl side as well. They also just packed in the fight so there is just some action. They shouldn't have used a final episode like intro for the first episode.

And weak animation as well. Sigh. I will still give it a chance if the story arcs will get interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2015 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
not dissimilar to a lot of shows, but this was pretty awful.
Jan 11, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
Well at least it's better than Unlimited Fafnir... I think. They might be even actually.

I generally like genki girls but Satsuki was really annoying.

Lol, was that axe guy really a student? Dam he looks old.

Think this wold have been far better if it was just no magic and stuff and just school/harem/ecchi. I'm pretty disappointed all of them aside from maybe the demon lord one, the harems this season, are the generic magic/school setting.
Jan 11, 2015 10:11 PM

May 2010
animefan8800 said:
How did Satsuki's clothes come back? Why was Moroha suddenly not trapped under that one dude's foot when his power re-awoke?
Must have realised she didn't have the clothes so went back to get them. As for Moroha... pulling his tag magically teleports him so he can do his transformation sequence?
Jan 11, 2015 10:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The incest thing is killing me......Ughhhh

With that aside, the premise was okay at best, and the art was just awful with the animation being sub-par as well

Action was pretty awesome though and I really liked the girl with the dark blue hair

Shinmai Maou no Testament and Absolute Duo shits on this though
Jan 11, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
Satsuki was extremely annoying and it only episode one. I hope she calms down.

Great episode!!!
Jan 11, 2015 10:30 PM

Oct 2011
Now I want to know more about their past life.
Jan 11, 2015 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
YES. This SHOW is the best show for all those that love little sisters and Kirino Kousaka's voice.

I feel that the biased me will give this a 10/10. Its just frickin' awesome and hilarious.

God damn that lucky boy Moroha...

AHAHAHHAHASDFA;SDLFKJAS;FLKE; KIRINO'S VOICE!!!! LOVE IT!!!! AHHH!!!! OMGGGGGOMGGG

MORE WINCEST PLEASE. MORE INCEST - I MEAN WINCEST.

5/5 and 10/10, i feel this is going to be a fun ride. Lovin' it.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 11, 2015 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
Well if it isnt the super weak main character gets a sudden power boost awakening first episode, this time topped off with some bad animation wooo

At least they picked a good little sister voice
Jan 12, 2015 12:25 AM

Apr 2014
Main heroine is super generic and annoying.
Shut the fuck up plz.
The anime is trying too hard at the start then it just keeps getting lower as the time passes by.
Animation is meh.
Main Protagonist is also meh.The current girls are also meh.
(I'm probably coming off as a hater)
To be blunt nothing stood out in this anime except the Keep the memories thing but it lost its gimmick immediately.Reminds me off a Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero.
I'll give this a Five episode try out as always.
NeutralSideJan 12, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 12, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
LQ animation, rather like Seikoku no Dragonar... Will watch one or 2 more ep...
Jan 12, 2015 12:59 AM

Nov 2013
I was getting a little tired of generic magic school harem LN adaptations, but this one actually turned out pretty well. It was quite enjoyable and characters/premise somewhat more interesting than the others. Satsuki's character design is also kind of unique, I like it.
Jan 12, 2015 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is here, even the name is the same.
The animation was really bad, Moroha teleportes himself when he uses his power. Ranjou goes out without clothes and once she arrived in the battle field, her clothes are here.
I hope this show will be better than STnBD.
Jan 12, 2015 1:30 AM

Apr 2011
Decent and entertaining. Will watch more.

Satsuki Suguha from SAO share the same voice.
MagitoJan 12, 2015 1:44 AM
Jan 12, 2015 2:07 AM

Aug 2013
well, it's not bad yet not so good..
but the OST is awesome
Jan 12, 2015 2:37 AM

Dec 2013
The main girl sure has an interesting voice
Jan 12, 2015 3:49 AM

Feb 2012
He literally killed that dragon with a wall of text in the beginning. Dragon should've countered with a tl;dr. da fuq was that shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
Sakaitsu said:
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is here, even the name is the same.
The animation was really bad, Moroha teleportes himself when he uses his power. Ranjou goes out without clothes and once she arrived in the battle field, her clothes are here.
I hope this show will be better than STnBD.

Looks worst, perhaps much worst. At least in Blade Dance we had a somewhat MC that had an identity with his own personal goals & wasn't just a generic self-insert goody-two-shoes like here.

I dare say this was worst than Mahou Sensou's 1st episode, which is saying something.
Jan 12, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
What's wrong with this anime? Ecchi all over the place and boob cuddling everywhere. That's ridiculous.

Jan 12, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
I personally don't see why a lot of people seem to hate it. I can tell this will be a very intence anime with some Ecchi here and there but I personally like it. I plan to keep watching!
アニメが大好き!ツ
Jan 12, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Very predictable shonen-like power up to save the day, but I'm a sucker for that stuff anyways.

And I lol'd at the facestuffing scene. Man did he get a load of that
Jan 12, 2015 2:26 PM

Jan 2015
Kerozinn said:
horrendous animation quality indeed. okay 6 minutes were enough to realize i cant possibly force myself to watch this a minute longer.

I dont get people like you at all.

Jan 12, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
Honestly speaking.
I was watching this seeing if it had anything in particular that stood out and the answer i reached it "no".
Really this is the season of copy paste it offers nothing new.

First 5 minutes where just some annoying show of of powers and after that it was all about a girl looking for attention.
And a quarrel between girls and and latter with some show off bad guy.
Jan 12, 2015 5:54 PM
Jun 2010
lolol
Jan 12, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
It was average but it's still somehow enjoyable. I'm going to watch this.
Jan 12, 2015 6:06 PM

Nov 2014
I liked it! Satsuki is adorable, I already really like her a lot. Made me so mad when she lost that fight to that random axe bully guy, but I was glad he got what he deserved at the end!

That whole boob scene part in the restaurant was hilarious lmao.
Jan 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
It's going to be a typical harem style series, also it started with a fight scene spoiler from the future the same as Absolute Due which neither show got right which is rather disappointing.
Jan 12, 2015 6:39 PM

Aug 2014
This feels totally old school. I wonder where the author took his inspiration from

Not that its a you can still enjoy it in some way. That said, I wouldnt ever think of this to be awesome. Lets see how it goes.bad thing, it just feels a little cliche, though I do like Urushibara.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 12, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
Here we go again ..
The char.design is kinda horrible btw, I need to get used to it I guess.
Also Satsuki's VA is what I think it is ... no please spare us.
Jan 12, 2015 8:40 PM
Oct 2007
And the award for most annoying character of the Winter 2015 season goes to... Satsuki Ranjou. Someone please stuff a sock in her mouth and tape it shut
Jan 12, 2015 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
I got really excited once I saw that Ayana Taketatsu, Maaya Uchida, Yui Ogura and Aoi Yuuki were all main characters in a single show. It's just too bad that it had to be this show. Bummer.
Jan 12, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
swear there's like a random generated machine pumping out these copy and paste LN adaptation every season lol.
Jan 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Aug 2014
my god main characters it's idiot's , because he use power in last minute's -_- and satsuki chan si beauty :D
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

76 by orbone »»
Mar 2, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.