Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2015 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
It feels like I've seen it before.
And dang, how did he escape and make distance at the end there?
Deus ex machina is as wonderful as always.
Jan 13, 2015 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
Another Ayana's Imouto Role

Jan 13, 2015 2:14 AM
Jan 2013
Oh crap....Incest. Hopefully they aren't blood siblings. Maybe step-brother/sister, or foster brother/sister, or maybe they're cousins.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jan 13, 2015 3:56 AM
May 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Incest route is a dangerous path, I hope they are progressing in it carefully... I salute you strong warriors who will go all the way in this one, I may give up during our journey.

I wonder, how would you call it that? They apparently were siblings in their past life.
Not in this one.

I didn't care much for the beginning, but the rest seemed somewhat watchable.
Time will tell.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 13, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
D3pthCharge said:
This episode was so bad it was good... I was actually enjoying it...

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way in MAL.

I lmao the whole time while watching it on Niconico with a punch of people typing the hell out the video, many say it's the second coming of Mahou Sensou, and it instantly becomes my favorite in this season, so far. Damn it just to think about it I giggle a little bit, I think they have to try really hard to be this hilariously bad. Definitely the best out of the four LN adaptations, at least that made me laugh. I'll stay on the other side of the globe for this one.
raveninthemuddleJan 13, 2015 4:45 AM
Jan 13, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2010
78% of MAL thought this was OK or better.

OK.
Jan 13, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2013
Horrible pacing and crappy art :P
The story was everywhere and the incest innuendos just adds more salt into the wound.
Seriously, the characters were completely two-dimensional and I don't see this anime going anywhere..
Jan 13, 2015 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
This was actually pretty decent.
Excited for episode 2 :)
Jan 13, 2015 4:11 PM

Jan 2014
I like the harem genre alot, but wtf was this shit? This is gonna end up being dropped if they don't get it together
Jan 13, 2015 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
I love this show, its like the troll of the season.
this guy gives the saying "Like hot knife through butter" a new meaning. XD

summoning your plana (Really plana that's the best they could come up with) is just begging for a hernia. I'm surpised they didn't summon something more "wasteful"
TheLastKing360Jan 13, 2015 5:35 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 13, 2015 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
richard360 said:
I love this show, its like the troll of the season.
this guy gives the saying "Like hot knife through butter" a new meaning. XD

summoning your plana (Really plana that's the best they could come up with) is just begging for a hernia. I'm surpised they didn't summon something more "wasteful"

Agree, funniest gag anime so far.
Jan 14, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
That was actually an enjoyable watch. Looking forward to the next episode :)
Jan 14, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
This TV series is another series that joins together to Absolute Duo and Shinmai Maou no Testament, to the more ugly views in this winter season 2015.
Already the beginning of the episode I did not like, to say nothing of the narrative that has proven very dull.
Not even the drawings are of good quality, is really another insignificant anime.

DarkDooM2 said:
Most generic anime of the season.

I agree.
Jan 14, 2015 7:23 AM

May 2013
That start was a little underwhelming in its standards. Even so, the characters didn't actually hit the danger zone.

The action is a little odd and the fanservice is low. As for the animation quality, it was very close to bad.
Jan 14, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
I thought the first episode was pretty enjoyable.
Honestly, I'm not particularly fond of the harem genre and I really don't like incest. But in this series, the MC had relationships with the girls in his previous lives so the love triangle isn't annoying to me. Actually it's pretty reasonable. And even though Satsuki was Moroha's sister in his past life, she's not his sister in this life. So it's not really incest. Because of this, I can't complain too much.
It would have been ideal if there was no fanservice but that's almost impossible so... no use complaining about it.
This show may not be great but it's enjoyable. I laughed a lot and I really want to know more about the character's past lives. Especially Shizuno's.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jan 14, 2015 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
This season is honestly turning out to be rather disappointing. This is another one of those series with a semi-promising premise but fell into...Shizuno's boobs, I guess. The biggest problem with this series is that it basically gave off the ending right at the outset. The whole class is going to grow stronger, become cooperative, and then Moroha is going to defeat the big bad dragon. If the ending itself isn't already incredibly predictable and generic, giving it away makes the series even less watchable. This is also slightly different from what Absolute Duo did. With Absolute Duo, we find out in ep. 1 that Tooru will fight Julie, but we 1) don't know why and 2) don't know when it will happen, though it's likely that it will come close to the end. With World Break, we know why they're fighting that dragon, and we know it won't be a mid-season thing because it's very clear that a lot of character development needs to come in before that fight.

On top of that, why is the animation so cheap? Why does Satsuki talk at 5 times the volume of everyone else? And how did Moroha teleport away when he pulled out his sword? If this series intends to be service-driven, it is also surely not doing that well (DxD and IS are at least shameless in going down that route). In short, it's kind of a head-scratcher as to why this first episode was so bad that I think this is all most people will go with this series. If second episode follows a similar trend I have no doubt that this will be my first dropped series of the season, if anyone else is still watching by that point.
Jan 15, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
D3pthCharge said:
This episode was so bad it was good... I was actually enjoying it...

Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way in MAL.

I lmao the whole time while watching it on Niconico with a punch of people typing the hell out the video, many say it's the second coming of Mahou Sensou, and it instantly becomes my favorite in this season, so far. Damn it just to think about it I giggle a little bit, I think they have to try really hard to be this hilariously bad. Definitely the best out of the four LN adaptations, at least that made me laugh. I'll stay on the other side of the globe for this one.

lol.. I agree this is better than Absolute Duo and Fafnir. How is this the 2nd coming of Mahou Sensou though? I'm pretty sure that was Trinity Seven from last season.

At least that Urushibara girl was amusing and Satsuki.. well... if you can stand Kirino then she's not that different, I mean it's typical Ayana and her tsundere acting but she actually sounds funny here.
Jan 15, 2015 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
MoeGod said:
How is this the 2nd coming of Mahou Sensou though? I'm pretty sure that was Trinity Seven from last season.

From what I hear is that Mahou Sensou and this show have lots of similarity in style: they feel like they are written by a teenager who only write whatever he thinks is cool, have a OP MC purely for self insertion, lots of girls fall for the MC for no reasons, over the top action scene, ridiculous story, villain that is one-dimension and existed only for MC to look cool etc. Basically people in my place just watch this to see how the show embarrasses itself, Mahou Sensou is just the most outstanding example of why these anime sucks since it also bombed in sales.
Jan 15, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
DarkDooM2 said:

It's a contender with Absolute Duo.
Jan 15, 2015 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
"Something else is going to come out."

"It came from his whole body."
Jan 16, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2013
That was so bad and i dont even know where to start -
shitty characters, generic story, rushed, Fanservice every second......
4/10 hoping it will get better, though i dont see it coming.

Funny/weird moments:

Lady parts fight :P

That guy stuck an axe on her back and nothing but the back of her shirt
went off, not even a scratch.

Satsuki runing naked to see the fight then she suddenly get her
clothes back on!?!

and i can go all day but im to lazy, so i will just highlight this moments but
it was pretty much the whole episode.
Jan 16, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Oddyeus said:
DarkDooM2 said:

It's a contender with Absolute Duo.

and Juuou Mujin no Fafnir :P .
Jan 16, 2015 5:58 PM

Sep 2007
Save for their bad decision on revealing "the future" in the first half of the episode I actually like this anime...

Though I was kinda surprised he'd just awaken then use the mage powers at the same time...thought for sure he's "awaken" to them one of the time (assuming they're two separate past lives) rather at the same time...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 17, 2015 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
I actually kind of liked this. Looking forward to the next episode.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 18, 2015 2:53 PM
Oct 2010
Not as bad as Mahou Sensou as some has said above, and much better than Fafnir (Mahou Sensou < Fafnir < this. But, definitely not good, so-so so far.
Still, lots of total to half crappy LN harem school adaptions this season...
Jan 18, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
The harem has potential; a sentence I'm not accustomed to writing. In past life #1, MC was siblings with the redhead and in a taboo relationship if those memory flashbacks are anything to go by. In past life #2, we don't know what's up yet but I'd bet it was not exactly platonic between his blackmage self and the busty netherworld witch. The loli is... a loli--they aren't going to go there except for laughs, I hope. I'd say there is room for one or two more in the harem (girls attracted to his "I am the Super MC, first of my kind" power) but it's possible that's the loli's role. I'm thinking an actual harem ending with the Witch, MC, and Redhead since they are all literally linked by fate from their past lives. That's at least uncommon, so it gives the harem a bit of potential.

The story is kind of simple; once you hear that there are basically Fighter-types and Mage-types, it seems like the easiest route to go is that the MC is actually a Fighter/Mage. The flash-forward sequence was overlong and I guess designed to give you a taste of what you are in for, but I'd really, really like it if it turned that they weren't showing us the end. It'd be pretty unexpected if that was actually the end of episode 6 or 7, and then they moved on to some other part of the story. I'm not getting my hopes up for that, though, since this whole thing feels like taking the easier route.

Sidenote: man, that was a long incantation in the beginning. I can imagine cutting away to an image of the sunrise, people crossing a crosswalk, shots of daily life, a sun setting--all the while his incantation novel rambling along at the top of the screen. Then cut back to his whole "thanks for buying me time" and dragon-nuke.
Jan 18, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Reminded me of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica... typical ecchi hero harem. Not much reason to continue watching, pretty generic.
Jan 19, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2012
The animation look normal to me. I don't see the difference between it and most anime out their.

The anime is so entertaining, and I'm glad that there is many action echii/harem this season.
thepathJan 20, 2015 3:42 AM
Jan 19, 2015 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
If the animation quality wasn't soooooo bad i'd be way more happy with it. The best way to compare this animation quality is with one of those cheap chinese anime knockoffs.
Jan 24, 2015 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
The animation is really bad and the plot isnt that great either. I thought they'll be heroes from real history not just made which was the reason I watched this. I'm going to give it 1 more episode.
Jan 26, 2015 10:51 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
While I like the theme of past lives, I felt the execution was lacking too much. Pretty much it's your typical school setting with shounen battles and I wouldn't be surprised if the direction will be too open like in other similar LNs.

And Satsuki is really annoying.
Jan 27, 2015 10:12 PM
Apr 2013
despite many complain n all , the result poll indicating people still enjoying to see it.
Jan 31, 2015 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
For some odd reason, it reminds me of the way Monogatari does their animations, especially the part where the chairs flew up into the air.

Interesting concept, our main character get a pretty bland looking weapon though.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Feb 1, 2015 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
FFF is delayed and not sure if they'll complete this...anywayz...it was meh...

Feb 1, 2015 4:16 PM
Feb 2015
My reaction to this was mixed. On one hand, the animation looked terrible and the the main character Moroha was bland as hell. Also Satsuki was a little much at times.

However, that scene in the diner was pretty freakin hilarious. I also couldn't help laughing at some of the subtitles. It wasn't very good, but I think I'll keep watching to see how it turns out.
Feb 2, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
Very Awesome! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 5, 2015 2:35 AM

Jan 2012
This is just horrible.
Feb 6, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Meh. It's nothing special.
Feb 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
After watching both subbed and dubbed, I found the dubbed to be more superior. The girl's voices don't sound annoying like they do in the jap dub. Should give the english dub a chance, the voices match pretty well.
Mar 30, 2015 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm.. quite normal and simple.
Nothing special but no complains.. yet.
Apr 1, 2015 8:06 PM
Feb 2011
OP lead character means extremely boring anime.
Apr 7, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2009
Meh, dropped...but, more so because there are plenty of better shows out there rather than this one rating "just that awful."
Apr 19, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
That was pretty bad; but I laughed more at this episode than I have at some scripted comedies so that should count for something I guess. Between the stupidity, fanservice, and ridiculous magical air writing there should be some entertainment value that can be wrung out of this generic premise. At least, I hope that's the case.
Apr 23, 2015 11:12 AM

Oct 2014
Started of okay I guess. Seems like your typical diomedea show tbh.
Just hoping this is better than unlimited fafnir
Milky_way1886Apr 23, 2015 11:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
Lol OniAi vibes.
Generic start but thank god the main girl is not tsundere
May 1, 2015 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
wincest + bony chest /10

hellyeamotherfuckers.jpg

might need a new set of eardrums after this is all over though...
Jul 13, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2015
This is an okay start to the series. The main lead is okay though Satsuki is actually a little annoying...

The art is alright and the music is just decent.
Jan 16, 2016 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
The character artsyle look like something from the 90s. It's old man, not something you'd expect to see these days. And that animation..

and a clingy, flat-chested younger sister trope who never shuts the fuck up with her annoying voice? really?

that one dude does not look like a first year.. he looks like the father of a first year. ..

wow.. they purposely made Moroha(ugly af name btw) look like the most pathetic scrub at first only to make him OP in the end. Yeah I know this formula. It may have worked the first or the second time I've seen it but not anymore

I wonder if the director of this was high at that time and thought this was the second season of the show because I have no idea what the fuck is going on. The hell is plana? The hell is a savior? The hell is this past memory bullshit? And I don't see them explaining anything any time soon. I bet this'd be one of those "figure-it-out-yourself-because-we-don't-have-enough-time-to-explain-because-this is-one-cour-and-we-only-did-this-shit-to-promote-the-source-material-so-fuck-you" shows.

seriously fuck that bitch's voice.
Feb 15, 2016 4:35 AM
Dec 2011
It looks like as if the episode was drawn by middle school kids with a high school student as a director!!
No way a professional studio with a professional staffs would make crap like this!!
Sep 9, 2016 6:18 PM

Feb 2010
Even with the bad animation, this could have been an okay show. But characters are so loud, annoying, and overly dramatic. Kind of hard to watch.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

76 by orbone »»
Mar 2, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.