Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 14, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
the reverse accidental crotch fall was funny.

otherwise pretty meh.
Jan 14, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
Episode not really bad, has its flaws, but considering that this season I have seen even worse, I think it's less bad than I imagined last time.
Storytelling with ups and downs, the same with the animations, the firm has done work 8bit excelled during the fighting, but it was more than acceptable their work during the rest of the episode.
The drawings were not bad. Not bad even the opening and the ending.
Jan 14, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2013
Hilarious and somehow deep (at some points),
loving it more and more......
at least its not bad as i thought i it will be,
up it to 6/10 for now.
Jan 14, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
They had some lame fanservice in the start of the episode, but at least they got past it quickly.

Is the Bunny-Sensei evil!?
Jan 14, 2015 9:48 AM

Sep 2014
Ok episode I guess but what was up with that creepy laugh at the end?
Jan 15, 2015 5:32 PM
Apr 2014
First part was so incredibly cliche it was almost painful to watch, except for the 'daddy' part. Dem bad boob jiggles, dem ugly uniforms, dem awkward and unrealistic ways of falling, dem completely omitted combat scenes, dem nonexistent moments of actually forming a proper relationship with Tomoe and Julie.

Second part was good though, gave me the same vibe as the original but they cut all the good parts and I do not like that. Tora confirmed for best character, no one compares. Long live the daddy zone.

That "Ya" would be really annoying if 'ja' (pronounced 'ya') didn't mean 'yes' in my language, now it's (unintentionally) really funny.
UnleashTheGoatJan 15, 2015 5:44 PM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jan 16, 2015 2:51 PM

Dec 2010
Julie is so moe. ^_^

I will be looking forward to the next episode.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 17, 2015 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
I thought I would hate this anime, since I hated everything like this before it, (like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) but somehow this anime is borderline more tasteful, the characters have actual chemistry, and the humor is actually funny. And both the OP and ED songs are amazing.

Also a Scandinavian character, no matter how generically and un-pinpointable Scandinavian, is okay in my book.
Jan 17, 2015 2:07 AM

Feb 2010
Wrong show Yuuki Rito
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 17, 2015 4:07 AM

Nov 2014
Kinda boring

Poor Tora... what a dick move by Thor. Bros before hoes you dumb shit

Barbarian > *
Jan 17, 2015 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
DeusJuvenaldo said:
Kinda boring

Poor Tora... what a dick move by Thor. Bros before hoes you dumb shit

Barbarian > *

I kind of get the impression that Tora knew exactly what would happen, and that he wasn't counting on Tooru to be his Duo. Inb4 Glasses X Barbarian.

Man, those Lucky Sukebei physics... I get how Tachibana's face could end up in Tooru's crotch from where they both started, but I had to go back and watch that improbable backflip a few times to fully appreciate it's ridiculousness.

Was it just me, or did anyone else really dig that "virtual chalkboard" they have in class? And also how it auto-downloads the board notes, so it's not a huge problem if the teacher flips to the next board too fast?
Jan 17, 2015 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
Not that the show isn't cute... but it isn't going anywhere fast. The first episode could have easily advanced the story this far without the need for an episode dedicated to bloomers.
Jan 17, 2015 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
that was cute, and the last scene's OST was pretty decent
Jan 17, 2015 10:05 PM

Nov 2012
That fanservice with Tachibana, flips for dayz, literally, lol.

Tragic backstories are so 'bad' and so common now that I've somewhat lost my feelings for them. They're still there, just not as much as they were before.

The last scene where Tooru figured out where Julie was just amazing, hearing the bell from half a mile away, logic. I also thought that they had to say the oath under a witness (like the sensei earlier) so that it could register in the school system, and since they didn't, I kind of hope that making this "Unofficial-official" Duo Oath will have some complications, because it would just add that extra 'flare' between the two. People also said that this scene was a bit rushed for the series and I agree. You usually see scenes like that about midway of the series, where you can actually 'feel' the characters. I actually might get into the manga and check out he pacing.

Much cheese in lines, fine by me, they weren't too cheesy for the moment, lol

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it got registered onto their cards. I also just realized when Julie says 'Ja', it sounds like she's saying "iya", or "iya-da", and when she said it in bed, ahhh....
UsaraDarkJan 17, 2015 10:11 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 18, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
oh farg! never ending Rito syndrome again!

Jan 18, 2015 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
So far, the story and overall progression of this one are superior to Fafnir and World Break. That, and quiet white-haired girls like Julie are my vice. Don't care how overdone they are, lol.

I think I'll stick with this one.

Edit: Effin' usagi sensei
-Trippwire-Jan 18, 2015 9:01 PM
Jan 19, 2015 1:50 AM

Dec 2013
lolis are love. lolis are life.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 19, 2015 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
Wow... I thought ecchi humour can't sink lower than DxD or TLR... I stand corrected.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 19, 2015 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
Julie is not as annoying as I thought
A pretty decent improvement from the first ep and that lines are embarassing, just like wedding...
Jan 19, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
Another good episode :). The relationship between Julie and Tooru is nice, I want to see more of that.
Jan 24, 2015 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
I liked Rito smile at the end :D finally some plot comes to the scene I hope it ill be good.
It's strange that Tor at first didn't know about oath and few hours later he had it memorized without any time to read it as he was running around school grounds to find Julia. And it is stupid how he heard her small bells from ground level when she was on top of this tower... :/

Antanaru said:
Wow... I thought ecchi humour can't sink lower than DxD or TLR... I stand corrected.

Where do you see ecchi humour in this episode or anime? How can you compare DxD to Absolute Duo by comedy value and say that DxD is inferior if Duo got no ecchi humour at all? The only funny moment for me was in class when Tatu express himself without saying a word just posing as for a photo session (that is not ecchi) and maybe when julia said that they cuddled together...
or maybe a little more spicy comedy is too much for you and you like loli mild and boring anime?

PaleBlue said:

Man, those Lucky Sukebei physics... I get how Tachibana's face could end up in Tooru's crotch from where they both started, but I had to go back and watch that improbable backflip a few times to fully appreciate it's ridiculousness.

haha yeah me too, but it seems there will be much more ridiculous (or should I say absurd?) moments in this anime
Thyriad-oPPailovJan 24, 2015 7:12 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 26, 2015 10:29 AM

Feb 2010
Baka-Jin said:
Quite a boring episode. Bunny girl at the ending though. I wonder what is up her sleeve.
death
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 27, 2015 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
I gave a show another shot and so I hate all the characters besides Julie and the MC
Jan 28, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2011
Loli > Best friend. Who can resist Julie?

Dat flip... an epic act of god. And the girl was the one who did it surprisingly.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Feb 7, 2015 11:45 AM
Dec 2014
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I liked Rito smile at the end :D finally some plot comes to the scene I hope it ill be good.
It's strange that Tor at first didn't know about oath and few hours later he had it memorized without any time to read it as he was running around school grounds to find Julia. And it is stupid how he heard her small bells from ground level when she was on top of this tower... :/

Antanaru said:

Where do you see ecchi humour in this episode or anime? How can you compare DxD to Absolute Duo by comedy value and say that DxD is inferior if Duo got no ecchi humour at all? The only funny moment for me was in class when Tatu express himself without saying a word just posing as for a photo session (that is not ecchi) and maybe when julia said that they cuddled together...
or maybe a little more spicy comedy is too much for you and you like loli mild and boring anime?

PaleBlue said:

haha yeah me too, but it seems there will be much more ridiculous (or should I say absurd?) moments in this anime

No one said anything about anything being inferior to something else. What they were implying is how they get to the ecchi humor. And you've [i]clearly[i] seen what he/she was referring to considering you were talking about the psychics defying backflip XD. Although I will say this compared to DxD's first five episodes this is definitely loads better imo. Especially on the comedy scale.
Feb 9, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2014
Lel, he just got fatherzoned.

and they should just rename this show as Absolute Harem instead.
How do I signature?
Feb 10, 2015 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
Was hoping for Tora and Thor to team up even though I knew they obviously weren't.
That was a slow episode. The training session was pretty cool. Looking at these first 2 episodes, I wish it was a more serious anime, but I guess judging from the cover, it's obviously going to be mixed with ecchi.
Feb 24, 2015 3:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That gym scene lol
Fan service at full power xD

Julie is darn cute. If there's one thing I like about Julie it's her innocence. I'm glad the fan service has only been with the fat chested girls and not Julie.

The ending...
When evil bunnies strike.

Feb 26, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2014
The lolicon fantasy shots of Julie are awkward. Fanservice doesn't bother me as long as the story is decent, but this thing is becoming inane, and the comedy isn't funny. I liked the last scene though despite being a little rushed, and the cherry blossoms looked really nice.

3/5
Mar 10, 2015 4:16 PM
Jan 2015
its so cliche & predictable, but its still sweet so its forgivable.
Mar 16, 2015 8:00 PM

May 2013
Mr. Barbarian is pretty cool. So Bunny-sensei gives us an info dump. Dat smile at the end tho.

So what have we learned from this episode?
Tomoe is clumsy, Tora is tsundere, Julie's bells are freakin' loud, and Tooru knows how to pick up girls.
"Mind? I want to." This is how you do it, Tooru, this is how you do it. But in the end, you still got papa-zoned.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 19, 2015 10:13 AM
Mar 2014
The typical 'why is that girl sleeping in my bed morning'

I'll admit that 'ja' is pretty cute when she says it.

Lol that gym time tho.
Mar 23, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
Liked this episode a lot. Still in love With Julie and her kawaii as fuck Ja and Nej.

Already ship this 10x over
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Milky_way1886 said:
Liked this episode a lot. Still in love With Julie and her kawaii as fuck Ja and Nej.

Already ship this 10x over

Packaged and shipped with sails hoisted.
Apr 7, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2014
And the Duo is formed. How is that any different than marriage I don't know but whatever.

Where is the S&M joke? Wasn't it at the 1st training?
Apr 21, 2015 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
lol.fvcking stupid

"I want to protect you" lmao. typical kirito clone
No girls is interesting so far. Julie is boring loli kuudere shit.
May 10, 2015 7:57 AM

May 2012
Not too bad actually, quite like where this is going! Let's see what's next!
Aug 19, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
Let's see, it's got ecchi and harem in the descriptors...I guess people didn't read the descriptors if they're getting upset about the fact there was mild ecchi in this episode. With only mild ecchi this is actually pretty generic, plus I haven't seen much in the way of character development or even much of a personality. Ideally you should care about each of the female characters in a harem, but if we don't know more about them how can we care?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 26, 2015 7:51 AM
Nov 2014
xD, dat fanservices lmao.
Nov 8, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
Ja~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2016 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Miyabi is so fine.

I knew Tooru would end up in the 69 position.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 16, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2015
Julie having no partner was really sad to see ='(. Luckily MC teamed up with her
Jul 8, 2016 5:26 AM

Jul 2016
omg, haha already sleeping with girls. and julie when she says she slept with tooru haha. this guy pulling all the girls. tomoe apologizing and tripping was great Xd. beautiful ending with tooru and julie :')

great episode, after watching the whole thing i read the tags and found harem there, i see why there was so much now Xd
fam_famJul 8, 2016 7:41 PM
fam fam was here. aria and shana are great. make more anime or video games for them, amarite??
^_^
Jan 14, 2017 11:56 PM

Dec 2016
I am very happy that they became a duo.

Now what is that rabbit girl up to.
Jan 25, 2017 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
Well I have to say that was quite the boring episode.
Mar 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
did they...just recite a wedding vow of sorts? no wonder the two girls felt embarrassed after they pledged their allegiance as a duo to each other. And what's up with Professor Bun Bun? is she evil or just up to no good but still an ally??
Jul 8, 2019 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
ok this parterahip vow is bit 2much 😂😂😂😂

after reading this vow from the paper (not out loud) if i planned on partering with a friend who is male i would be like hell no i will say somthing like this to a guy, we need to change and find partners who are girls 😁
Sugram22Jul 8, 2019 12:11 PM
Dec 22, 2019 6:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
As expected they're now a duo with Julie, that's cool
Apr 25, 2020 12:28 AM

Aug 2018
So Julie is wearing panties under this pajama shirt.. Pink panties.. ;P Well, suits her cuteness.. ;p
What?.. Were they the only pair of boy and girl who sit next to each other during first lesson?.. These boys and girls might be a bit conservative and shy, really, if noone other sit with opposite gender nearby really.. That's a bit strange, but alright..
Teacher's cuteness is a bit distracting.. Hard really to both follow her words and her being all playful bunny..
So everyone was injected with Luciful, right?.. And gained their power - Blaze.. And person with such power is called Exceed..
What was the point of them getting one week partner anyway?.. It doesn't look like they worked on pair fighting or something this week anyway.. Just your usual theory classes, and running laps.. Well, there can be reasons, I guess, like to give chance someone who didn't have pair already to see a week other persons and find one for himself, for example..
Well, nice episode.. Julie and Tooru really got close together over the week.. I like, how Tooru helps Julie to learn Japanese writing, as well as they share apple tea, and bed together.. ;p Also it seems Julie for some reason is rejected by others, except for maybe Tachibana - maybe others are afraid of her or something?.. Either way, she's together with Tooru anyway..
It's also nice to see that Tachibana and F-Cup Hotaka also got close together, it seems.. Tachibana could seek for better mastery with Julie or something like that, but in the end chose Hotaka, as well as Hotaka chose her.. Well, it seems that these 2 pairs are happy with their choices, so glad for them.. ;P
Jul 15, 2020 8:09 AM

May 2018
Ja, that bunny girl teacher at the end looked menacing
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

120 by Zwavel »»
Mar 18, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

114 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 2, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

219 by Rudyanto13 »»
Feb 27, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

154 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

89 by collins_nwuda »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.