Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2015 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Come on guys! This is the Tenchi Universe of El Hazard. Let's rate and talk about it!

So far, the ep pretty much gets the main cast together but the main changes are that their likes or interests are expanded upon.

Makoto: Science club. He's even making huge machines!
Fujisawa: He really likes mountain climbing.
Nanami: She's good at cooking so made a business out of it.

Jinnai is thankfully unchanged from the crazy man we know in the OVA though his presidency is expanded upon to include a festival.

The major changes of plot would be the removal of the capsule Ifurita was in and thus how the crew get to El Hazard. It's not bad honestly and in a twist, it puts the gang's travel problems firmly in Jinnai and Makoto's laps.

Finally the op and ed are changed. The new op isn't bad but the OVA was much more epic and in tune with Arabian Nights feel of the OVA/

I give it a 4/5. It's a retelling like Universe. Take it how you will but at least the english VAs are still around.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 25, 2021 2:17 PM

Jan 2010
Did this high school kid really build a dangerous-looking electrical generator-like device of unknown consequence just for kicks, which then turns out to be a transdimensional teleporter with just enough range to teleport the four people in the school building, who were in different rooms, and not teleport the school itself?

Okay, wow. I’ve seen a lot of poor excuses for getting isekai’d, but this is pretty bad.
Aug 29, 2021 11:57 PM
Nov 2018
That villain has a very sus laugh. Is this the first isekai lol :p. The main character was really not boring. Did the teacher live at the school? Why was he drinking with the kids? Some cool Lo-Fi feels. This was bussin no cap. 5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 26 Discussion

blessofcurse - May 7, 2015

3 by Edu2022 »»
Sep 27, 2022 11:46 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 20 Discussion

Shocked - Mar 26, 2021

1 by MichaelJackson »»
May 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 5 Discussion

Shocked - Mar 25, 2021

0 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 4 Discussion

greenmarty - Mar 20, 2013

1 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 3:22 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 3 Discussion

Maou_heika - Jul 21, 2020

1 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.