Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 27, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Durarara! is hardly the type of anime that I would enjoy, I watched the prequel along with the first episode of this series and I could tell, do not watch Drrr! or whatever you want to call it. No offense, but I find this anime a bit too overrated.
Dec 7, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2015

After I finished the masterpiece Durarara!! is, I gave it a little rest (two weeks or so while I watched Toradora) and now I'm back and the nostalgia is real! =D
Durarara!! is back with me!! oh, and that "x2".
I can't say I loved the OP as I loved the original first OP but I'll give it time. The artstyle seems to have improved, mostly backgrounds, altho sprites look choppier. Maybe it's my imagination or the style of the OP.
  • Oh, and a lot of new characters!

• Oh.. the incestuous sisters... yeah... it was obvious they were going to appear.

• What? Did Celty overcome her fear of aliens? Because that thing looks like an UFO to me jaja.

• So many Baccano! art in the background! I want all of them!

• Oh, Erika and Walker never cease to amuse me with their lines jaja.

• WTF WTF WTF!! That blondie is Shingen's wife!? I mean, she's now Shinra's mom!? WTF!!! JAJAJAJAJA My expression of surprise was huge upon hearing that!

• Full circle moment with Mikado and the first scene of the very first episode of Durarara!!.

• Ohhh, the ED has the same style as the one of the first season! Cool! (Altho, it's not as great and the first ED)

Anyway, there's a bunch of new names to learn! Narita likes to make his stories have life, and damn, he introduces a lot of characters! Good characters!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jan 15, 2017 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
DAT OP! LMAO at Miyuki in the OP.

Of course theres a chase in the beginning. lol

THE TWINS! :)

Isaac and Miria are idols now? Oh, snap!

Holy shit at all the references to other series. Flamenco, AZ, Mahouka, Index, SAO, SnS, etc. lol

Idiot Mikado still ain't hitting it. smh

IZAYA!!! SHIZUO!!!

DAMN! DAT HEADLESS NAKED BODY!

Hello, Emilia. :) Shingen done good.

DAT CHASE!

DAT ED!

Feels great to watch DRRR!! again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 26, 2017 6:53 AM

Jun 2016
What a great way to start this season!

Poor Celty being chased by that horrendous traffic enforcer. So hidoi. Her being so nervous and scared, though. Hihi.

Nothing changed: I still despise Mikado and Sonohara. Lmfao. Can't stand them.

Nice seeing Izaya. WAAAAAAH! I missed you so much, you bastard!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 22, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Celty really screwed up showing her bike change into a horse like that!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 3, 2018 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
oh, now i get why they show the names of all the characters on the opening. with such a huge cast it makes it easier to remember them if we get to read them in the beginning of every episode (not that it's gonna work for me because too many kanjis and no subs).

the funny thing about durarara is that they can have tropes that i absolutely despise (like the incestuous sisters and the brocon) but it doesn't bother me that much. i love celty and her voice and enjoyed this ep a lot. it hasn't been that long i finished the first season but the nostalgic feeling already got me. i felt like the first season took a while to get good, but maybe because i already like the characters (or dislike in the case of mikado and anri) i don't feel the same here.
Mar 10, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of new characters judging from the opening. - I already know the sisters and Shizuo's brother from the specials of the first season though.

Celty being open to experiments again, wonder what they'll entail though.
Nov 11, 2018 7:56 AM
Mar 2018
Wow!!! Tons of new characters in the intro of S2!!!
Dec 13, 2018 4:44 AM
Dec 2018
new season but same old characters . in a good and bad way . celty getting decent character build up from episode 1 itself , which is a good thing . horrible characters like izaya and anri sonohara returning makes me cringe . i knw they are among the main leads , but i despise them to no end .

sad to see that a good character like Namie Yagiri seems to have been wasted completely . imagine if she was the original wielder of the cursed blade . shame
Nov 4, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2019
New OP and ED! It's sounds great. I kinda of enjoyed this episode
Nov 4, 2019 10:51 AM

Sep 2019
Sonofsparda90 said:
new season but same old characters . in a good and bad way . celty getting decent character build up from episode 1 itself , which is a good thing . horrible characters like izaya and anri sonohara returning makes me cringe . i knw they are among the main leads , but i despise them to no end .

sad to see that a good character like Namie Yagiri seems to have been wasted completely . imagine if she was the original wielder of the cursed blade . shame
I admit anri is a horrible character well maybe she's the most horrible character in this show but izaya ain't that bad of a character. If he gets more screen time I'm sure people would like him too.
May 18, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2013
Another good opening, nice. I hope this season focuses more on Celty, but it's probably just this one episode.
Nov 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Aug 2019
Izaya and ikebukro is back....well durarara is back for me though....rip normal life in ikebukro..
Jan 12, 2022 6:33 AM

May 2020
After a while this second season for me, not so much though but anyways good to have everyone back, and there were some new faces too. Celty sure is popular, even has a reward of 10 million yen on her head lol. And as usual so many references, also I wonder if we'll see Kida as much as we did in first season or not. So a decent start again with a banger OP and ED.
Aug 15, 2022 6:58 AM

May 2018
Miyuki truly is best waifu UwU
Nov 15, 2022 5:34 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode imo.
Feb 1, 2023 11:20 AM
Mar 2020
Ready to hop back into the huge mix of this chaotic city.
Mar 11, 2023 9:27 AM
May 2020
been a year but everything feels the same
Mar 27, 2023 1:05 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like we got some new characters right off the bat.
Shizuo's brother could be more involved with this one.
Looks like Celty has another problem to deal with.
Anri and Mikado seem just as close.
Jun 17, 2023 1:10 PM
Sep 2021
This anime creates such a unique type of story telling, the way they can narrate and display each different things happening elsewhere is captivating. All different types of things are happening but all of those things attribute to the climax
Dec 15, 2023 11:21 PM

Aug 2019
Was not expecting to see a AoButa LN here

Apr 20, 9:32 PM

May 2021
Thats a lot of money lost
Inhales oxygen
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

291 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 31, 2015

171 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

207 by Rithic »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

124 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

123 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.