Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2014
haven't watch it please tell me the details why it's horrible, the graphics looks good though.
?
Jan 8, 2015 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
You could just read the negative reviews.
Jan 8, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2014
Rivalrun said:
You could just read the negative reviews.
yeah but i might watch it trying to avoid major spoilers
?
Jan 12, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2013
lawrence1211 said:
the graphics looks good though.

the rest is awful though.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 14, 2015 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Lazy animation tactics, pointless fillers, relationships that go nowhere, forced drama, empty ending, refusal to stay on point with the story, etc

Art style is good, Jonothan is also best character(Which is both good and bad).
Hi Friends
Jan 16, 2015 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
The problem isn't the anime but the audience. Watching this expecting to see a fairy tale will only bring in frustration and equivocated judgments. Its not that all of the negative critics isn't accurate, but people are only looking at one part of the show and refusing to look at other angles. I don't see Glasslip as a masterpiece or anything similar, but its far from a bad anime.
Feb 4, 2015 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
lawrence1211 said:
haven't watch it please tell me the details why it's horrible, the graphics looks good though.

cuzpeople cant think outside the box :(
Feb 25, 2015 1:46 AM
Aug 2014
I think it really all depends on how you interpret the show. Most of the audience on MAL didn't realize most of the show is encased in symbolism. So if you're aware of it, look for symbolic representations and it should be pretty well worked if you can understand it. I'm just going to say there isnt much of a "plot", but more of a topic as it deals with life issues in a more realistic manner.
A show isn't determined whether it's good or bad based on its qualities, but rather on how the audience receives them. So don't really let the mainstream sentiment sway your judgement. Looking back, the show was actually pretty decent.
Hint: The audio visions was severely overlooked as if was an actual superpower, don't make that same mistake.
OhHaiTharFeb 25, 2015 1:52 AM
Jul 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Apr 2009
ooo333 said:
There is nothing about this anime. Thats why many consider it "bad".

Fixed it.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 1, 2015 6:56 AM

Oct 2012
OhHaiThar said:

A show isn't determined whether it's good or bad based on its qualities, but rather on how the audience receives them. So don't really let the mainstream sentiment sway your judgement.

HAHAHAHAHA. Sure thing, buddy. Sure thing.
Jul 6, 2015 2:56 AM

Jun 2013
The shit doesnt make sense, alright?
Jul 6, 2015 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
OhHaiThar said:
I think it really all depends on how you interpret the show. Most of the audience on MAL didn't realize most of the show is encased in symbolism. So if you're aware of it, look for symbolic representations and it should be pretty well worked if you can understand it. I'm just going to say there isnt much of a "plot", but more of a topic as it deals with life issues in a more realistic manner.
A show isn't determined whether it's good or bad based on its qualities, but rather on how the audience receives them. So don't really let the mainstream sentiment sway your judgement. Looking back, the show was actually pretty decent.
Hint: The audio visions was severely overlooked as if was an actual superpower, don't make that same mistake.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read.
Jul 6, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
Gj mal

Op never watched it
Jul 18, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Literally the only reason I finished this show was because I was reviewing it for a website.

Let me just say that I didn't watch Glasslip expecting any otaku andering, fanservice or adventure. I fully expected a slow paced summer show. However literally nothing happens. I'm not saying it's slice of life where nothing big happens, no NOTHING happens.

And the show is trying to make things happen but it's like it keeps forgetting where it was and wanders off to a separate plotline. The characters are dull, everyone is in love with someone at the very beginning and it doesn't develop normally...it just goes stagnant for periods and then suddenly leaps ahead.

It's trying really really hard to be a lot of things but it ends up being nothing. The time travel is literally useless, it feels like they started making the show and then realized how awful it was and were like "uhh shit let's put some time stuff that'll make it better".

I know this thread is old but I really felt the need to talk about how shitty this show was.
Jul 20, 2015 6:33 AM

Feb 2014
Maguro-chan said:
I fully expected a slow paced summer show. However literally nothing happens. I'm not saying it's slice of life where nothing big happens, no NOTHING happens.
It kind of reminds of real life I guess? We're always hoping for something to happen, a fairy-tale like progression or logical conclusions, so once we get to see something that goes against this current (Glasslip is one in anime, but theres plenty out there) we feel trolled or mad at it. For me this show is an underapreciated gem and definitely a lot more interesting than most P.A. Works shows.
Jul 21, 2015 6:55 PM
Aug 2014
Everyone's really entitled to their own opinion so it's always better to watch and decide yourself instead of listening to everyone else.
I have to admit though, on the days the episodes came out there was always a feeling of anticipation for me so I can't really call it bad. I actually quite enjoyed it if I think about it enough. Though the supernatural aspect of it did kind of come crashing down in the end.
I really wouldn't try to attach Nagi no Asukara expectations to this; it's more or less on its own.
Jul 21, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2014
Story Plot doesn't make sense
Jul 22, 2015 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
This is not bad anime and I don't know why everyone thinks it is. Like someone said, the problem is the audience. For me, it was very relaxing title, with very cute couple, with amazing art. Perfect to watch in summer. I couldn't wait for next episode, I enjoyed it a lot. It's true it might have no plot, just some slice of life taking place in summer, problems of teeneagers with a bit of supernatural bacause of Touko's 'glimpses'.
You can hate, but I really like Glasslip. If you're not expecting much, you won't be disappointed. After all it wasn't supposed to be masterpiece with amazing plot, tons of fanservice, great special powers or epic fights.
I would gladly watch second season too, I'd like to see what happens with Touko later.

Jul 24, 2015 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
People who can't understand it's deepness would say this animu is bad. Cling more to your subjective point. Complex is complex. You should watch some shonen animu if you can't comprehend such masterpiece.
Jul 26, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
If Glasslip was such a deep anime, where are the progressive, or complex, or experimental leanings? The fact that the majority of the viewers didn't understand the plot is not particularly 'deep' in itself. It's just 'hard to understand'.
Jul 26, 2015 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
Man_Lanz said:
If Glasslip was such a deep anime, where are the progressive, or complex, or experimental leanings? The fact that the majority of the viewers didn't understand the plot is not particularly 'deep' in itself. It's just 'hard to understand'.

This gets into the whole "appearing experimental" phenomenon, and two supposedly different uses.
1. Experimental leanings as cover - by appearing experimental, the viewer can be directed to read their own meaning into a show with no meaning and find it deep
2. Experimental leanings as signal - by appearing experimental, the viewer can be directed to read more into a show and find something special

Both end up with exactly the same result. If Glasslip just added some random crap to make it look experimental, would that make the show better because the gullible crowd would read more into it? Then if someone feels they found something special, do you have any right to tell them that the show has no meaning? There's really no way to know if it's a cover or a signal because "hidden meaning" (unless a lot of pieces fit together) can either be just a projection of the mind of the viewer, or actually built into the show.

Are there shows that aren't Glasslip where the "elitist" type are overeager to read their own meaning and pat their self-important selves on the back for being so damn smart and coming up with some great insight, when the show had zero meaning, as many would contend is the case with Glasslip?
Sep 25, 2015 2:49 AM

Sep 2012
Wasn't bad at all, some nice peaceful romance. It's just that some people need more than that.
Sep 25, 2015 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Super boring.
Oct 10, 2015 3:13 PM
Sep 2014
Idk, it was, entertaining.
At first i was thinking why everyone hate this, its normal romance anime, but then hero showed up and started drama, unneeded drama, retarded drama, and for the next few episodes i felt so boring that i would probably dropped it if i watched it while airing. But after episode 10, it lose all drama and it just keep being romance.
I wont lie, i have no idea what the hell happened at the end, why the hell everyone saw meteor shower, what is that episode with imagination. But i lost my brain at episode 6 so i didnt care that much.
Subjectively its 7 from me, objectively i would give it like, nice 4.

So, to anyone who wonder should they watch this or not ill tell you this.
If you can enjoy show that after a while make no real sense, that has boring episodes, if you can actually turn off your brain and try to enjoy it by just watching what is happening now without much thinking, you might be able to enjoy this one. If you need reason and explanation for everything that is happening in the show, skip it. Dont even think watching it. It has bad score already.
NarcoOct 10, 2015 3:16 PM

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.