Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
PrimeX said:
Yep. Even though this is called Episode 0 and is listed as a prequel to the series.. this is something that should be watched after the series. And I'm glad I did. And Kato's still the best no question about that. Even though she barely showed some skin

i guess who listed it doesn't know what prequel means or is :D
Mar 8, 2016 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
So much skin exposure, phewwt~
They're already throwing in the onsen scene without any delay huh.
Also getting drunk on chocolate containing alcohol.. cliche but still has its charm.
The girls are all very cute and each have quite the appealing personality to them.
I think I've already decided on my best girl without any competition hahaha.
Katou very much fit my preference. Oh gosh those eyes.. *slurp*
No complaints on art and animation.. they're fantastic.
OP and ED are equally good as well.
Jun 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 0 Episode 1 Discussion

what??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 1:47 AM

Apr 2016
Cool kickoff, this will make me drop some tears out of constant laughter...
Oct 17, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
So I'm not sure if it was a good thing to watch this before actually starting the first season, but it was released before so I kinda had to do it. At least I already know who'll be best girl now.
> plays guitar
> tomboy
> lewd
> big boobs
Dec 23, 2016 7:34 AM
May 2012
I'd recommend watching the prequel episode last after the series. It makes much more sense and you'll have a better idea of the character's personality/background and the way they act.
Jan 27, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2015
Well Iam Watching This After Finishing The Anime,All Of Them Look So Cute Together.
An Amazing And Enjoyable Episode.Cant Wait For Season 2!
Mar 20, 2017 6:41 PM

Sep 2014
IMO, this really shouldn't be labeled as episode 0 since it was kinda misleading and can probably make a lot of people confused when they first start it, but otherwise it's a pretty good fanservice episodes.

I walked into this series with utter surprise thinking: "Hot spring scene already?" Like did i knew that this would become my all time favorite show
Apr 9, 2017 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
"haha, rape"

I don't usually flinch at fanservice when it's about the girls deliberately seducing the MC, but this was pretty bad. I am pretty glad I didn't spoil myself with this preview episode since it's totally worthless. 20 minutes of boobs and thirsty harem girls.
Jun 1, 2017 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
This was a fun prologue. A lot of fan service. Pretty much a parody episode.

Can't decide the best girl.

Jun 28, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty much how I felt about the series in a microcosm. Thinks its more clever and meta than it is. Stupid boring harem cliches it only bothers to lampshade occasionally. Hamfistedly splits its time between its harem of girls. Boring protagonist. Girls that could be cool characters making fools out of themselves over said boring protagonist. At least it had the one redeeming factor of the original series. The surprising friendship amid pointless bickering of Eriri and Megumi. I particularly liked Megumi stroking drunk Eriri in the fetal position on the floor. Good stuff. Nice yuri bait.
Sep 10, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
I watched this after S1 even though it aired one week earlier because it happens later chronologically and I think it was a good idea. The excessive amount of fanservice isn't as off putting when you watched the actual show first. The girls are easier to remember and understand this way, too. This episode it too rushed to watch on its own, let alone to get into the series and like it. Take it just as a fanservice OVA, a prequel or a pilot episode.

Tomoya's introducting monologue was so silly and cliché. I liked how the girls (especially Utaha) pointed this out yet kept talking in a convenient way to make the introduction.
Aside from that, there were some fanservice and cliché yet amusing scenes. (There was one scene that would have been quite controversial if the genders were reversed, but... haha! Double standards! Men are always willing! Whatever...)
Utaha and Eriri being the worst at ping pong was funny. xD
I also agree with Katou. It would be nice if all of them keep being friends when the game is finished.
LhasApsSep 10, 2017 12:24 PM
Nov 19, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
All of them are potential best girls, hmmm this is gonna be tough.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 5, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2016
Dayum michiru, we need to see more of her, tomboys are the best
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 23, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2017
Despite a rocky road this series has become enjoyable enough to start watching Season 2.
Aki can still be too intense, annoying and dense but Katou sure knows how to hold her ground. Best girl,.... Utaha a good second. ;)

Had a few good laughs over this "prequel", which I luckily watched áfter the 1st season... ;)

ROFL!

Jan 12, 2018 8:04 AM

May 2015
Katou is still best girl.

Also did they get drunk by just eating some alcohol candy? Asians...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 2019 8:08 AM
Jan 2017
too much fanservice for what should be an introduction to the show. I hope the actual show is not this bad.
Jun 22, 2019 1:38 PM
Jan 2016
KAAAAAAAAAASUUUUUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAA UUUUUUTAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yohane shoukan!
Jul 28, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 2019
The best moment in this episode when Michiru and Tomoya was together before coming Megumi to interuppt them.
Aug 11, 2019 10:17 AM
Jul 2019
Best moment in this episode when I saw Michir's eyes filled with love and almost kiss Tomoya,When Tomoya was with Michiru, his face's expressions changed when Michiru was close to him and Michiru's expression of eyes changed and filled with love's expressions. When Tomoya was with Utaha his face's expressions didn't change but His face's expressions changed when Michiru was close to him and Michiru's expression of eyes changed and filled with love's expressions.
Aug 29, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2019
Best moment in this episode when Michiru and Tomoya was together, when Tomoya Told Michiru and then his face's expressions changed when Michiru was close to him and Michiru's expression of eyes changed and filled with love's expressions, this is the best moment,Michiru's feeling to Tomoya appeared.
Nov 30, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Not sure what that was all about, but I get the gist of the story and the characters I guess. That was a lot of fanservice though. But Kato is definitely best girl, waifu material.
Sep 18, 2020 11:19 PM

Aug 2019
damn why is this considered a prequel instead of a side story for season 1, legit this takes place after they meet his cousin after the finale of season 1.
Sep 30, 2020 1:12 PM

Aug 2017
As always, Utaha teasing Eriri in the onsen.

I thought Aki was trying to peak but this boy is only interested in the Anime talks XD!

Utaha is completely taking advantage of the moment when she's alone with Aki!

I feel weird watching Aki and Michiru scenes as they both are cousins. Like WTF!!!

Katou's stealth mode is to be feared XD!!
Katou looks absolutely stunning in a Yukata.

Utaha's horny levels are over the chart in this episode lol!!

Well what Aki says is true that Katou isn't like a main Heroine at all. But Katou is perfect as she is. Beautiful, Kind, Carefree!! What more do you need??!

Also, why is this a prequel to the first season?? It clearly takes place after the first season.

Overall it was an enjoyable episode!!

Oct 10, 2020 2:31 AM
Aug 2018
As many people have said, this should be watched AFTER watching the rest of season 1. Else is very hard to understand what is happening if u watched this first.
Jan 14, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
Rewatching Saekano and decided to just start with this special episode and actually follow the order this time unlike before where I saw this after season 1 a few years back.

Overall, it was pretty boring. Self-aware so I'll give it a little credit since it is a parody that almost pays a weird homage of sorts to fanservice so I don't mind this being absolutely full of it, but its still not really that entertaining and felt a bit too slow for me too as it dragged pretty quickly into the episode. Felt like this episode could have been happened with the length being 10 minutes for the special instead of 20. Animation/visuals were weak too.

At least I get a glimpse again of Megumi and Utaha again so it was nice in that aspect to see it again after a few years. Tomoya's voice still grinds my gears though.
animejasJan 15, 2021 1:33 PM
Jul 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Jun 2020
Okay this just shows how the introductory should be before the series although I already have watched it or it is the fan service episode which I don't mind at all

That ending bit was a bit forced especially for Tomoya they cornered him to a pulp but in the end, Megumi and Tomoya had a nice little talk.
Jul 12, 2021 7:56 PM

Apr 2020
Great onsen scene, lots of fanservice and the girls look cute.
Jul 18, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
Nice fanservice onsen episode but I gotta say I like the forestry scenary depicted here. Still suprises me how Koto can act so carefree with all the others going wild

Jul 28, 2021 2:17 PM

Aug 2018
"Also I hope the circle doesn't crash and burn"

"Don't jinx it"

Foreshadowing?
_______I like rocks__
Dec 27, 2021 10:34 PM

Nov 2010
Fanservice galore! Lots of armpits, side/boobs, and sexy bodies. Insta hard on!

You'd need to be extremely lucky in life if you are an otaku obsessed with niche stuff and surrounded by beautiful girls. lol

So far I find Utaha and Eriri very attractive. hehe
Apr 20, 2022 9:37 AM
Feb 2017
Is this really a prequel? If so, then this is the lamest and weirdest prequel for an anime episode. How can you make a prequel while all the main characters are already introduced before the main series is even released? What a messy introduction episode...
Jan 30, 2023 9:48 PM

May 2020
This episode once again proved why girls other than Megumi are just there to lure audience with pixelated boobas and nice curves.

Now this was released before the main series itself which does make as much as sense as Eriri's actions for a good part in this episode, when it is obviously a direct continuation of that finale.
Jul 13, 2023 2:05 PM

Jul 2021
i made the right choice of watching this after finsihing season 1,

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 28, 2023 2:18 AM

Feb 2018
Tbh this should've been an OVA extra instead of a prequel lol. 

Kinda sheesh episode tho lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 21, 3:49 PM

Feb 2009
really bizarre indeed that this is listed as ep 0/prologue/prequel when it clearly takes place well after ep 1. The most frustrating thing is that it spoils several plot points that aren't revealed till later in the season
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.