Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 26, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
New OP and ED, they're alright.

I liked the final scene, everyone being shocked that Kousei was walking up alone :D
Aug 26, 2016 5:46 PM

Jun 2016
Twinkle Twinkle theme again <3
Kaori has some serious health problems, makes me feel anxious :c
Oct 6, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2015

Too much Death Flag rain! Please stop!

*Sighs* too many people hating Kaori. I like her, not my favorite person ever but I liker. She's so energetic... and violent xD That breaks the monotony of her deredere.

By the way, how would anyone recognize Emi? She was like a ninja!!
Nov 3, 2016 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
Am I seriously the only one to point out how Kaori's parents are LITERALLY Nagisa's parents from Clannad? Think of the similarities; sick daughter, spastic, own a bakery, basically the exact same "father meets the boy" scenario.
Nov 29, 2016 2:08 AM

Sep 2016
The new ed definitely spoils a sad ending for Kaori
Jan 4, 2017 10:30 AM
Jul 2016
"twinkle twinkle leetle star..." lmao. Ok, this show is pretty gay. I may seriously have to drop this cause it's so silly. No one acts like this especially in Japan where people are like robots.
Jan 4, 2017 10:32 AM
Jul 2016
Weebaloo said:
Am I seriously the only one to point out how Kaori's parents are LITERALLY Nagisa's parents from Clannad? Think of the similarities; sick daughter, spastic, own a bakery, basically the exact same "father meets the boy" scenario.

I thought the same thing. That was another series that I had to drop because it was ridiculously gay.
Jan 22, 2017 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't like the new opening nearly as much as the first but the ending song was okay. Kaori playing with sparklers, not thinking of her future and not showing up for the performance?!! Bad feelings everywhere!

SummerIchigoJan 22, 2017 3:32 PM
Feb 25, 2017 5:56 AM
Dec 2009
New OP and ED! Wasn't expecting that. I like the new opening theme. Reminds me of popular Instagram aesthetics these days, haha.

The build up and practice for the competition was great, but I was wondering why they were focusing so much on Kousei only... turns out it was because something was up! I'm glad Kousei is finally overcoming his trauma, I guess that means it's time for Kaori's drama to take the stage though. I assume she's hospitalized since they showed her family shopped closed...
Feb 25, 2017 5:58 AM
Dec 2009
immuslim said:
No one acts like this especially in Japan where people are like robots.

Yes, because every single person in an entire county and culture have the exact same personality... I assume you're trying to troll but Japanese people have varied personalities, just like anywhere else in the world.
Apr 5, 2017 8:48 AM
Jan 2012
Hm, so maybe the death flags were not for nothing and she is really going to catch the bus. :T
Apr 11, 2017 2:34 AM

Apr 2015
Hooray for more death flags!

The new OP is nice, but I prefer the first one. I also love the new ED ^^

Next episode!

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2015
Beautiful scenes

I made these gifs from the new ending I liked it

Jan 5, 2018 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
Let me guess, she's in the hospital, cancer has spread through her body and she'll be bedridden for the rest of the anime undergoing various treatments and Kousei sees his mother in her because of the similarities in their conditions and then finally Kosei overcomes his deafness. Boom.
Apr 4, 2018 10:53 PM

Dec 2015
....... please god no... where is she
Dec 29, 2018 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Kaori ran out of time, it's still too early for her to die though. Probably will recover again and they will play one last time on stage before this show is over.
Mar 8, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
The new OP sounds nice and cheerful. It's definitely more of something you'd get from a more slice-of-life show. The ED is surreal, mainly because it's about Kaori...

Wait... Kousei's mother was happy that he rebelled against her because that meant he's matured? Well, that's a pretty odd way to teach your child to be more mature...

So Hiroko views Kousei's inability to hear his own notes as a gift rather than as a punishment or a curse because it allows Kousei to play from his feelings/emotions.

Oh no... What is it now... Kaori not showing up is no simple matter, I feel some seriously worrying news about her will be revealed. Maybe about her illness?

That kid near the end has a way of thought similar to that to the old Kousei, always stick to the instruction. But he's different in the fact that the kid actively mocks someone else for their inability (or unwillingness) to follow the instruction. I gotta hand it to Kousei for dealing with the situation calmly and accordingly, even though that kid was annoyingly arrogant.
Mar 30, 2019 1:54 AM

Dec 2018
Plotwist, he's mother actually happy being cursed by his son. Well I guess what his mother want is for Arima to be an independent person.

I'm starting to wonder why they hide Arima mother's face?

The human metronome next generation is here

The new ending pretty much said about what's happening in the future. And there's a contrast different between the first and the second ED.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 23, 2019 9:35 PM

Sep 2017
How many times have they argued over Kaori's selection, lol? This has to be at least the third time. Why did they get rid of the first OP? I loved it so much... Hiroko dragged him out to a festival to calm his nerves. Sounds like a good decision. No wonder he is so against the piece. It reminds him of his mother. It's super twisted that Kousei rebelling against her verbal abuse is what makes her proud. That isn't him evolving as a person. That's him trying to save himself. Japanese people singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in horrible English dubs is something I never knew I needed in my life. Kaori's parents are cute. I wonder if that epiphany Kousei had while almost drowning while be significant. That's an interesting take on his deafness. Way to turn a dark situation around, Hiroko. Emi getting embarrassed to be seen at the Gala is super cute. I wonder where Kaori is. I hope she's okay. Miike reminds me of Kousei when he was younger. His viewpoint is understandable, but he's still an asshole.
Aug 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2007
I suppose Hiroko is trying to make Kousei feel better but... a mom that beats you, publicly humiliate you, pushes you for their own selfish goals... I don't feel right with the message she gave him. Obviously he can't forget his mother and experiences, but his mom was an awful person. He should play piano because he wants to and know it wasn't his fault :/

I'm going to guess Hiroko knows something about his mom not shown by the viewer yet but dammit. The way his mom treated him fucked him up. I wonder if Kousei's mom knew she was treating him so badly.
LycanAug 1, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 13, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2016
My God, the plot was all over the place this time. We jumped from one issue to another in so little time. Things didn't flow properly and not to mention also that the abuse toward MC returned but multiplied ten times more, just awful.

By the way, I'm really hating the way how they are trying to humanize Saki's actions. I also don't have a clue of why so many people like Seto... especially considering that she indeed was the person who was with Kousei's mother when she started beating the shit out of his son in public, didn't do anything about it and instead, tells Kousei it was a way to make him "man up", are we serious? It seems she was the person who was always near Saki yet she acts as if the amount of abuse Kousei received wasn't the big deal...
Apr 13, 2020 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
The new OP is okay. Personally prefer Hikarunara. The new ED though I love. It feels sad though, like foreboding.

Some things happened this episode, but I can't get my mind off where Kaori is. Is she okay? I hope she's okay. I just want that little pianist boy to get smacked in the face and have Kaori take the spotlight from him for what he said about Kaori.

Kousei has a lot of confidence now, and he said that they, not he, is going to take the spotlight. So he still hopes/believes that Kaori will come.

Although that was great, I'm still feeling uneasy about where Kaori is.

Kaori, where are you? What happened?
Apr 30, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Kaori is awesome, really
Apr 30, 2020 1:52 PM
May 2019
New op was alright but I liked the ed btw This show is getting more and more beautiful from last episode. OMG I'm curious what's gonna happen In next episode
Jul 5, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2018
oh shit, Kousei took a complete 180 at the end and is now an alpha chad! I'm getting Kaori is late because of her disease or illness? Considering all the death flags here.
Jul 27, 2020 12:42 AM

Dec 2015
What an insufferable twat. You kick a guy in the nuts twice just because you were annoyed, that alone deserves a hot curling iron to the cooter, but then you attack another guy almost drowning him just because he was looking at a girl other than you. Fall off a cliff.
Dec 4, 2020 11:15 PM

Jan 2017
Sweet episode about them thinking about their futures, besides Kaori that is

Speaking of which, she's MIA, presumbly an emergency that requires a hospital visit?
Mar 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Mar 2019
There it is, the new ending song. The full song is so amazing. Kinda sad they skipped a part of it and went directly to the refrain, but it's still 10/10. This shit will get me so depressed when it ends, mainly because of that one thing they keep foreshadowing.
Now for the anime, I have one question. If Kao's missing, why has no one thought about LITERALLY going to her house, because at least Arima knows where it is. Something happened to her and it's not ok!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 19, 2021 5:44 AM

Dec 2020
why the fuck are they trying to make his mom a hidden good person? she literally abused him.

the bicycle scenes were cute, new ed's great too
May 11, 2021 10:11 PM

Feb 2021
Oh man this OP isn't as good as the first one... Welp that twinkle twinkle little star was kinda unexpected lol. And now I'm pretty sure something ain't right with Kaori. She has to be suffering from some kind of disease. I'll be surprised if she doesn't end up dying at the end of this series.

Jun 21, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2020
That kid pissed me off tbh
Jan 9, 2022 7:39 AM

Jul 2021
Definitely something happened to Kaori and I hope it's nothing serious.
asdasdsadad
Mar 26, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
New ed from this episode... :(
Jun 23, 2022 5:26 AM

Nov 2018
Is she still alive? That was also super predictable.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 20, 2022 7:22 PM
Jul 2022
Epsiode is very nice and story was good
Jun 1, 2023 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
is she dead or just in hospital? ;s
what will he do? he will play to her playback from training?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 8, 2023 11:32 PM

Oct 2020
I miss the old opening but I guess the new ending theme is nice 
Tsubaki is .. getting frustrating to watch. I get that she's developing unfamiliar feelings for Kousei, but the way she acts out is horrible 
Pushing him into the pool and then yelling at him for almost drowning is hard to take seriously 
Sep 7, 2023 6:10 AM

Mar 2023
so many hints on kaori's fate :(((

the ED T-T
Sep 19, 2023 1:24 AM
Jul 2021
FFUK Kaori and the other annoying female "friend" The constant abuse they delivers left, right, up, down and center is infuriating to say the least!

Hey, girl abuse towards boys is a-okay, but oh boy, oh boy if a boy give them their fair share of equality, all hell breaks lose.

Kaori's abusive personality/constant abuse towards the mc & other males is making this anime a total chore to watch, a total and complete tedious thing I have to do. But I'll do it to take down a notch or two this nicely wrapped with a Red bow and everything turd, and give it the score it deserves!

Not the over inflated & weebos/incel/v-card holders ego score of over 8!

Before I watch a new episode I ask myself, now soon will it take for any of the two chicks to abuse the mc & a/any boy around them, how many times will she and the other chick will abuse the male character(s) and what type of abuse they'll deliver.

What really pisses me off is the fact that they are trying their very best to portray the mc abusive cvnt "mother" as a "good person" doing the "right things" but it comes off as abuse. FFUK THAT!!! She abused Arima beyond words, and now what are they doing?! The studio/production team got too many "feed backs" from strong wahmen in RL and they were told "you can't portray her that way" "it looks bad to females in RL" yadda, yadda, yadda.

It's really p!ssing me off beyond words.

A score of over 8?! 🤣🤣 Don't make me 🤣🤣
DawizzSep 19, 2023 1:33 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 17, 2023 1:45 AM

Nov 2023
What a fun moments together.
Dec 27, 2023 2:02 AM

May 2015
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, how I wonder what you are !
Jan 28, 9:21 AM
Nov 2023
Why things turn up when everything is going alright. I want both of them to perform together. Today's spotlight should be Miya and Arima.
Apr 9, 3:35 PM

Jul 2023
New OP and ED for the last cour.

Thanks to this anime, I have learned the term 'death flag.'

Her going MIA and the imagery in the ed are massive death flags.

I also realised that this is a delinquent anime. Every time the ed ends, they flash that something in the episode is against the law. lol

ETA:

If ever Kaori disappears, please take Emi as a suitable replacement. She's better than your childhood friend.
Apr 23, 4:46 AM
Apr 2024
I have no need for saying my opinion, it's already a goated anime no need for debate
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.