Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That baby though..

Great to see the show make its return this week while there are all sort of delusions going on with Shinchi's head now. Poor him. He better not daydream in class again. Losing Kana has broken him quite a bit...damn. However, I am also curious to see how much further this will develop. Kinda amusing how Murano almost saw Shinchi's other hand though this episode. Close one

Based MIGI

Stark700Jan 7, 2015 10:57 AM
Jan 7, 2015 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
That command on the baby was beyond creepy :/

A normal person finally found out about Shinichi's right hand! It was quite the struggle for Shinichi to try his very best to not let Migi kill any human. Shinichi's feelings about not being able to mourn.

Murano wanting to know despite knowing it is something that even turns death into not much of a deal. The struggle and Migi going into full attack mode, it was a heartbreaking scene.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode about what the detective would do.
Jan 7, 2015 11:05 AM
Sep 2013
Murano knows something is up but poor Shinichi cant say anything. No emotions and getting over anything that hurts easily has turned himself into a seemingly cold person.
That Parasyte teacher is a pain hope she gets dealt with.
Jan 7, 2015 11:08 AM

Nov 2012
then the episode come out i was so happy :3
Jan 7, 2015 11:09 AM
Jan 2014
I don't want to find out what kind of methods of "taming" Ryouko is using on her newborn.

Detective-kun was pretty lucky to make it out alive. Looks like Migi's wireless mode isn't that well-suited for combat yet. It looked like he nearly cut off his arm though. Shinichi was very unlucky that he was observed right after his dilemma started to intensify, due to recent events.

Pretty funny how he's actually being indirectly used as a lab rat by a group of parasites right now. The episode did a great job by portraying the emotional mess he's in right now, or lack of thereof. I guess Ryouko is even more satisfied with leaving him alive.

It somewhat ended on a cliffhanger again. I bet the people who will marathon this eventually will have a lot more fun.
Jan 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2011
I could barely watch that emotionally charged scene at the end.
Very good episode, as always. Amazing character development.
Jan 7, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Really hood episode 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.
Jan 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
Hmm seems like no new OP. Well that's fine I guess.

Shinichi seems emotionless yet wants to feel something. Poor guy.
Jan 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
That "quiet" to the baby !
Very good as always, Shinichi's life become more and more complicated
Jan 7, 2015 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
That baby was very creepy.
Jan 7, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice come back :3

If only people were able to shut their baby up like that XD

So much Shinichi suffering this ep :O He just doesn't know what to do anymore.
I just love how he changes his mood so quickly from being Mindf***ed to being totally fine and calm. It's like he has some kind of switch or sth XD

This ep was one of the few times I actually liked Satomi for some reason. Maybe since she didn't say "Are u really Izumi?" LOL KanaHana's VAing was even better than usual. Depicting her doubts perfectly. Loved the last conversation when Shinichi was really willing to tell her everything then noticed that Migi is awake. Her facial expression when he said there's nothing wrong anymore was really nice :3

Migi going berserk on that inspector was lol XD That guy's got some huge ass luck on his side not to have died there :P He doesn't have any visual evidence anymore so he shouldn't be much of a threat right now but he might become one soon if he doesn't die XD
Jan 7, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Man, I waited two weeks and they give me this?!... Well, at least it's only going to be a one week wait from now on so that's a relief.

Anyways it seems like Tamiya Ryouko is a baby whisperer, making that baby go silent with just one word lol.
Jan 7, 2015 11:35 AM

Mar 2013
Luciferio said:
Hmm seems like no new OP. Well that's fine I guess.

Do you really need a new ED? It's cheaper for Madhouse to keep the one (they did that for hunter x hunter).
LeosApathy said:
Man, I waited two weeks and they give me this?!...

Christmas/New Years break and sport I guess.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 7, 2015 11:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Maerow said:
Finally back !

5/5 episode.

I like this design, Migi.

First time that i legitimately thought that Migi's an asshole. He won't change after all, eh.
Jan 7, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
Why is this happening to you Shinchi? I would say it has something to do with the parasite lodged in your hand.

Great episode. Can't think of a better show I have seen recently.
niaxatoJan 7, 2015 11:44 AM
Jan 7, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
''At least, more important than seeing a movie with me.''

Well yeah, if Kana's life was at stake then I would certainly say so you silly cunt.
I'll be baffled if anyone continues to like Murano after this episode.
Jan 7, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
Ugh, caught by a random stranger. I was hoping Shinichi would have sensed him. And now he's stressing out over it.

... that command to the baby ...

Murano wanting to know the truth ever since the beginning. But she still doesn't get an answer after so long.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Jan 7, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
Sv3rr3 said:

Well yeah, if Kana's life was at stake then I would certainly say so you silly cunt.
I'll be baffled if anyone will continue to like Murano after this episode.

Come on now, I can't say she is my fav female lead by any means, but how would she know Kana's life was in danger since Shiinchi won't tell her anything?

I would bet most people don't like her because she doesn't know anything about the whole parasite thing which keeps her out of the main flow of the show, which we can't say is her fault.
Jan 7, 2015 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
niaxato said:
Sv3rr3 said:

I'll be baffled if anyone will continue to like Murano after this episode.

but how would she know Kana's life was in danger since Shiinchi won't tell her anything?

Because she actually died?
Sv3rr3Jan 7, 2015 11:51 AM
Jan 7, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
Hm, I thought Migi would've sensed the inspector. And then he couldn't even catch him...that didn't fit somehow.

Jan 7, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Hinata clone is still ruining the anime.Just kill her off already.
Jan 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Sv3rr3 said:

I'll be baffled if anyone continues to like Murano after this episode.

I wouldn't say that, she just doesn't know what's going on and is worrying why even Izumi-kan can't tell her the truth.

Jan 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
I want Shinichi to tell Murano everything, I know she will be killed when that happens, not that I care, I don't like Murano at all.
Jan 7, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2012
Sv3rr3 said:
niaxato said:

but how would she know Kana's life was in danger since Shiinchi won't tell her anything?

Ok, so his meeting Kana the day of their date, then a few days later she gets killed and Murano is supposed to put the pieces together, especially with Shinichi telling her with that deadpan look that nothing is wrong?
Jan 7, 2015 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
Smudy said:
Maerow said:
Finally back !

5/5 episode.

I like this design, Migi.

First time that i legitimately thought that Migi's an asshole. He won't change after all, eh.

Yeah, Migi isn't a compromising life form, but a calculative one - he definitely doesn't need another "Kana", especially after Shinichi let the private detective run away.
Jan 7, 2015 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
sadness all around
Jan 7, 2015 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
Nice Episode.
I feel so bad for Izumi right now. That baby scene was indeed creepy.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Tamiya is the best.
Jan 7, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2011
niaxato said:
Sv3rr3 said:

Ok, so his meeting Kana the day of their date, then a few days later she gets killed and Murano is supposed to put the pieces together, especially with Shinichi telling her with that deadpan look that nothing is wrong?

Shinichi was the first person to find her body, a fact Murano is well aware of. She must be as dumb as a brick to think that's just some coincidence.
Jan 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2011
Sucks that Shiinchi got caught by a random stranger that will play a big part in the next episode.

Don't me wrong I like Murano but what's more important a dumb movie date or someone's life is in danger. I know Shiinchi didn't explain anything to her but that still doesn't give her a damn right to be mad at him.
Jan 7, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
God, I missed the adrenaline and feels from this show, even though it was only two weeks, lol.

Man, with scenes of Tamiya with her kid, Shinichi holding Migi back, and then Shinichi later struggling to tell Murano with the shot of Migi posed to slice her up... I can't tell what horrified me the most, even though Izumi screaming at Migi to stop was the most emotionally-packed scene in the episode. This is just going to get worse from here, and I love every second of it. I really should get around to reading more of the manga, as much as I'd prefer to buy the physical copies first, but I also kinda don't want to "spoil" anything for me.
Lil-BirdJan 7, 2015 12:10 PM
Jan 7, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
Sv3rr3 said:
niaxato said:

Shinichi was the first person to find her body, a fact Murano is well aware of. She must be as dumb as a brick to think that's just some coincidence.

I would say she knows something is going on, but she isn't telepathic, she is just a high school girl worried about her boyfriend.

If you don't like her character, i can respect that and I won't try to talk you out of it. I just don't think she quite deserves so much hate is all and I'll leave it at that.
Jan 7, 2015 12:09 PM
Apr 2014
First time in this adaptation I like Murano as much as I liked her in the manga, which means this was a good episode. She'll find out eventually, but her reaction was completely understandable. I feel bad for both of them :/
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jan 7, 2015 12:11 PM
Oct 2014
I liked this episode in general

Izumi's characterization is done really well for the most part....

Murano's still annoying

Ryoku and her baby were creepy
Jan 7, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
That command on the baby was creepy,and that ending ;_; i feel bad for Shinichi not being able to say anything, that scene with Migi near the end as Murano turns around though O.O
Jan 7, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, did we had an episode where no one died?! :O

In the end, that detective will ends up killed probably not even by Shinichi. If Tamiya Ryouko ever end up learning from teh detective that he now knows that he has something in his hand, she will kill him. After all, I'm knowing that the parasytes exist is a danger for all the parasytes.

Ninja Migi was hilarious. That pose he had, holy shit xD
Tamiya as also a hilarious way of raising children. If only they were that receptive...

That ending was kinda depressing. It made me realize that I got Shinichi emotional reactions all wrong. It's not that he cannot express them, it's that he automatically supress them. He want to feel sadness, but his body and mind won't let him.

If he continue to repress his emotions and keep being detached to Murano, he will lose his last bond to humanity, Murano. On the hand, if he stay too close to her, she'll end up getting killed, just like Kana. Especially now that those parasyte politicians have him on the watch. Also, is it me or one of those politicians is the one we see in the OP who looks freaking strong? That guy will go on a rampage for sure...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
niaxato said:
Sv3rr3 said:

I would say she knows something is going on, but she isn't telepathic, she is just a high school girl worried about her boyfriend.

If you don't like her character, i can respect that and I won't try to talk you out of it. I just don't think she quite deserves so much hate is all and I'll leave it at that.

That's fine. I didn't really dislike her that much before but her line which I quoted in my first post was kind of the tipping point, as it implies that see cared more about missing the film than Kana dying.
Jan 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know why people hate on murano!

She reacts perfectly reasonable to everything and she is the only one left for shinichi's humans side to cling on.

Creepy baby is creepy
Jan 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
damn that was a great ep

now someone know shinishi's secret

still the detective havent told anyone about that and i think ryuoko will be the one who kills the detective to keep shinishi "safe" (because of her research and for her kind)

and shinishi trying to tell everything to murano but migi cant let him do that
Jan 7, 2015 12:20 PM
Oct 2014
Kuro_Shiro said:

She reacts perfectly reasonable to everything and she is the only one left for shinichi's humans side to cling on.

Creepy baby is creepy

Cause she's an obsessive bitch........ and needs to chill
Jan 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
If only all babies magically stopped crying when told to do so by their mothers, Tamiya Ryoko style.

Sv3rr3 said:

That's fine. I didn't really dislike her that much before but her line which I quoted in my first post was kind of the tipping point, as it implies that see cared more about missing the film than Kana dying.

I think she might have said that because she was under the impression that he was seeing Kana romantically as well. She thought something along the lines of "was there really nothing between Kana and Izumi-kun" to herself earlier in this episode.
Jan 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
Damn... this anime has become so good and interesting that I already think it was one of the best anime I've ever watched... I hope that this continues because if it does it will definitely join my top 5 anime.

[quote=Roy88Mustang]
Kuro_Shiro said:

Agreed, and she's obviously one of the parts of this anime that makes it become so interesting. I bet if there wasn't any romance in it the story would be pointless, but romance completes everything in it, that's what makes it so good.
Jan 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Oct 2010
I love how the teacher said "If you don't wanna be here then just leave", and Shinichi complies. Hilarious.
Jan 7, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2014
Damn that last scene when he's telling her its nothing, very heavy. This show will without a doubt be in my top 20 once its finished. Actually it may even be in top 10 :3 !!!
Jan 7, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2011
Ah, I forgot Kana's not around anymore. Disappointed.
Jan 7, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Omg, that baby. I wonder what it is exactly? Human, or Parasyte?
Jan 7, 2015 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
this is fucking amazing.
Jan 7, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
Amazing episode. I found it quite intense, the struggles Shinichi has to endure, damn..
Jan 7, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
gasps were had during the scene with Tamura's baby.

Bastard, you already told Kana, but you cant tell your girlfriend?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.