Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
What the f*ck were the the producers thinking? Do they have a bunch of freakin monkeys writing the stories for their anime? I mean they even had tons of people's feedback, comments, and reactions of nagi no asukara to go off of to make an amazing anime out of glasslip. But I guess they just wanted to screw with the viewers.

Alpha101Nov 10, 2015 8:57 PM
Dec 29, 2014 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
Maybe you didn't checked the overall score MAL users gave or the last episode discussion. I liked this series a lot, but considering what most people came to complain about, I think most treat anime stories as if it was fairy tales. If you give something different or flawed or conceptual for the audience to develop they will think its nothing but a lazy story/bad plot/idiotic romance/bad pairings.
Many people compared it to Nagi no Asakura, and while few (irrelevant) factors do remind of it, I think anyone should stop trying to compare both, since they are about different topics (and in this aspect, Glasslip is more mature, even if a lot confusing or "incomplete").
Considering the ammount of negative opinions (I don't know how was the reaction on the japanese side), but if you watch Shirobako, at some point you can kind of catch P.A. saying "sorry" towards their previous messy works.

Alpha101 said:
And what was up with that ending? They need to stop trying to be overly-deep and complicated, and focus on the base of the plot and ending.

Kek, don't pick Glasslip situation to exemplify a major situation when its clearly a minority. Most anime are generic to the core and when we get someone trying to do something different we get more people opressing it.
Dec 29, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2014
surfboard_ said:
Maybe you didn't checked the overall score MAL users gave or the last episode discussion. I liked this series a lot, but considering what most people came to complain about, I think most treat anime stories as if it was fairy tales. If you give something different or flawed or conceptual for the audience to develop they will think its nothing but a lazy story/bad plot/idiotic romance/bad pairings.
Many people compared it to Nagi no Asakura, and while few (irrelevant) factors do remind of it, I think anyone should stop trying to compare both, since they are about different topics (and in this aspect, Glasslip is more mature, even if a lot confusing or "incomplete").
Considering the ammount of negative opinions (I don't know how was the reaction on the japanese side), but if you watch Shirobako, at some point you can kind of catch P.A. saying "sorry" towards their previous messy works.

Alpha101 said:
And what was up with that ending? They need to stop trying to be overly-deep and complicated, and focus on the base of the plot and ending.

Kek, don't pick Glasslip situation to exemplify a major situation when its clearly a minority. Most anime are generic to the core and when we get someone trying to do something different we get more people opressing it.

I don't really know what you mean by my not checking epsiode 13 discussion or the ratings. Most peope in the discussion hated it, and the score for glasslip on MAL is a 5.69.

I believe you are confusing yourself. First if all, different, conceptual, and flawed are three completely different things so you shouldn't use "or" in between them saying they all lead to people's biased dislike. People don't hate an anime because it is different or conceptual, in fact most people love it. But if an anime is "flawed" then it is justifiably subject to hate. Just because it was flawed doesn't mean I automatically thought it was lazy and bad pairings. In fact i thought all the pairings were all right, its just the characters they chose to have in the anime that I thought were wrong. I don't know if you have ever seen people's opinion,s on Nagi no Asukara, because I have, and most people, including myself, didn't like the useless, boring, serious, unlikable character of tsumugu in nagi no asukara. To take a similar character, make him look like a bigger douche, and then stick him into their new anime where he gets a happy ending was by far one of the worst choices they could've made.

And your opinon of glasslip being more mature is just your opinion, which I disagree with. I don't know if you are fooling yourslef or what, but if you can't pick up on the numerous errors they made then you might want to go rewatch. What is so conceptual and amzingly different about touko sitting down drawing chickens. They could've trashed that useless hobby of hers, which didn't add to the story at all, and used that time to develop a story worth watching. And episode 12 was a complete waste. Like really? They use the second to last episode to do some random vision garbage that didn't help at all.

And about the over-complicating things. I meant they should've actually tried to help the audience understand that future vision concept instead of just carrying on , and showed more shots of the character's developmemt of each other, eventually tying everything into a solid ending instead of just suddenly cutting it off with so many loose ends.
Dec 29, 2014 5:04 PM

Feb 2014
Alpha101 said:
I believe you are confusing yourself. First if all, different, conceptual, and flawed are three completely different things so you shouldn't use "or" in between them saying they all lead to people's biased dislike.

I guess my confusing english led into a misunderstand. The idea is list them as individual factors or if combined (this explanation itself isn't very clarifying but if you review my phrase you might get).

Alpha101 said:
People don't hate an anime because it is different or conceptual, in fact most people love it.

Glasslip is an example that what you say isn't exactly true. What is more surprising is to see that the critic is exactly about the less relevant aspects, yet refusing to see or weight other sides of it. (I'm taking MAL reaction as example, unless you think their opinion isn't relevant enough to take into consideration)

Alpha101 said:
And your opinon of glasslip being more mature is just your opinion, which I disagree with. I don't know if you are fooling yourslef or what, but if you can't pick up on the numerous errors they made then you might want to go rewatch. What is so conceptual and amzingly different about touko sitting down drawing chickens. They could've trashed that useless hobby of hers, which didn't add to the story at all, and used that time to develop a story worth watching. And episode 12 was a complete waste. Like really? They use the second to last episode to do some random vision garbage that didn't help at all.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of mature or misread what I said (I'm talking specifically about the thematic and topics), it have nothing to do with Touko sitting down drawning chickens (hopefully this was just a failed attempt to sound ironic).
One last consideration, NagiAsu is nothing but a child-drama or an aperitive for otakus. Moe for moelovers looking for moe in a drama-romantic moesetting.

Alpha101 said:
And about the over-complicating things. I meant they should've actually tried to help the audience understand that future vision concept instead of just carrying on , and showed more shots of the character's developmemt of each other, eventually tying everything into a solid ending instead of just suddenly cutting it off with so many loose ends.

Nobody knows what exactly the "future fragments" are its something we don't shouldn't care for. Even if its a different factor that puts Glasslip under the "supernatural" category, I don't think we should even bother about it when the purpose is to talk about friendship fragility, the "love" impact on teenagers and similarities. While we are always hoping for a fairy tale line of story, with a clear beginning and clear ending, Glasslip strike with uncertainty and a discret tip of realism, mixed into the fantasy setting we expect to find in every anime we start to watch.
Dec 29, 2014 5:06 PM
Oct 2014
GlassLip was B.S before it even aired
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

May 2014
surfboard_ said:
Alpha101 said:
I believe you are confusing yourself. First if all, different, conceptual, and flawed are three completely different things so you shouldn't use "or" in between them saying they all lead to people's biased dislike.

I guess my confusing english led into a misunderstand. The idea is list them as individual factors or if combined (this explanation itself isn't very clarifying but if you review my phrase you might get).

Alpha101 said:
People don't hate an anime because it is different or conceptual, in fact most people love it.

Glasslip is an example that what you say isn't exactly true. What is more surprising is to see that the critic is exactly about the less relevant aspects, yet refusing to see or weight other sides of it. (I'm taking MAL reaction as example, unless you think their opinion isn't relevant enough to take into consideration)

Alpha101 said:

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of mature or misread what I said (I'm talking specifically about the thematic and topics), it have nothing to do with Touko sitting down drawning chickens (hopefully this was just a failed attempt to sound ironic).
One last consideration, NagiAsu is nothing but a child-drama or an aperitive for otakus. Moe for moelovers looking for moe in a drama-romantic moesetting.

Alpha101 said:

Nobody knows what exactly the "future fragments" are its something we don't shouldn't care for. Even if its a different factor that puts Glasslip under the "supernatural" category, I don't think we should even bother about it when the purpose is to talk about friendship fragility, the "love" impact on teenagers and similarities. While we are always hoping for a fairy tale line of story, with a clear beginning and clear ending, Glasslip strike with uncertainty and a discret tip of realism, mixed into the fantasy setting we expect to find in every anime we start to watch.

Actually, I believe what I said was completely true. People like animes that are different or conceptual, if done right. In Glasslip's case, it wasn't

So you are saying that it wasn't what actually happened in the anime, but the thematic topics that stood out. So......what themes and topics are you talking about exactly? Screw over your friends for a random pretty boy that comes around? Love isn't always easy? Find a place for memories? I diagree if you are saying the topics and themes were exceptional and made it better than most "generic" anime out there. What stood out in this anime were its animation, osts, and some characters that were actually good. These concepts are mature? They are basically just the usual kinds of topics for animes about romance/drama.

You liked glasslip right? You seem to be defending it, so I'll just assume you really liked it. Nagi no asukara is really similar to it. So i will assume that you didn't like nagi no asukara, but liked glasslip. I hope you undertstand you are in the minority that liked glasslip better than nagi, so your opinions are somewhat different from most of the people out there, and most people wouldn't agree with you. You also seem to like the word "moe" a lot. You know that means "cute" or "adorable" right? I Wouldn't agree that it is the best word to describe nagi. Apart from the big eyes and occasional child-like actions from manaka, there wasn't anything "moe" about it. The animation was amazing, the osts were great, and the plot was dramatic. What exactly was "cute" about a girl living 5 five years of her life she will never get back while her friends rotted beneath the ice?

Your view of nagi seems to be very objective. So you probably weren't that into it when you watched it, right? Glasslip is very similar to nagi, so are you saying that glasslip is just a child-drama and an aperitive for otakus? Then doesn't that mean you didn't like glasslip. Your comments on nagi greatly differ from your view on nagi. If you think that they are very different and glasslip isn't like nagi, and doesn't share its child-drama like qualities, i suggest you watch it again. Nagi was more mature, had much better characters, and a much better plot.

I'd argue that there was little to no "uncertainty" in glasslip. I guessed the couples from the second episode, i kind of knew from the first but waited until the second episode to confirm. By the end, the couple were basically decided. What uncertainty are you talking about exactly? However I believe your description of glasslip having "a tip of realism", I agree. There was only a tip, nothing more, nothing less. And I beleive that glasslip was exactly a fairy tale like story. Are you saying its the tip of reality and uncertainty, which I fail to see, that made it into something other than a fairy tale. The romance in glasslip is only that of a fairy tale. The beginning I'd argue was very clear. But the ending was what it was because of the issues I discussed above.....they wasted too much time on useless things and bad plot so they couldn't exactly finish it up in one episode.
May 9, 2015 10:13 AM

May 2014
Bump
May 9, 2015 2:58 PM

May 2014
Alpha101May 9, 2015 3:04 PM
May 10, 2015 11:03 PM

May 2014
ooo333 said:
You should rewatch Asukara again. And this time, focus on the following:

Focus on how Tsumugu in the first half of the anime just had outstanding appearing skills out of nowhere.

I'll probably rewatch it sometime during the summer, after finals and stuff.

I think it might even be hard for me though. When I watched it the first time I didn't really hate tsumugu until like the later second half. But now I'm going to have to put up with seeing that piece of shit's face from the beginning. Damn at least in glasslip the dude got bitch slapped. In Asukara.......LITERALLY NOTHING BAD HAPPENS TO HIM.
May 15, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2013
I personally thought glasslip was a very solid anime that shouldn't be so hated, there wasn't anything god awful about it and it had plenty of good points
May 15, 2015 6:17 PM

May 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
I personally thought glasslip was a very solid anime that shouldn't be so hated, there wasn't anything god awful about it and it had plenty of good points

More than anything I think I hate it so much is because of the main male character......tsmugu jr. Honeslty if they eliminated him from the anime, took out the book worm and replaced her with someone better (because honestly she was kind of boring), and made the main female character less stupid I would of liked it a hell of a lot better. At least then I wouldn't really care as much about the plot becuase I would like the characters.
May 18, 2015 9:00 AM

Jul 2010
Alpha101 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

More than anything I think I hate it so much is because of the main male character......tsmugu jr. Honeslty if they eliminated him from the anime, took out the book worm and replaced her with someone better (because honestly she was kind of boring), and made the main female character less stupid I would of liked it a hell of a lot better. At least then I wouldn't really care as much about the plot becuase I would like the characters.

You realize you're not going to like everyone in an anime?
May 18, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2014
I had high hopes for this series. The first few episodes seemed quite promising and I was enjoying it. I had a friend at school who was watching who was also watching it. As it progressed, I started to feel that each episode had a lot of scenes that felt pointless. A lot of the dialogues didn't have that much weight as it should've had towards the story. All the characters, except Touko's little sister, were not that appealing and the way they were developed felt so plain. This series had goid potential the way it started but then just went downhill really fast. Even though I gave this series a pretty low score, I would watch a second season in hopes of seeing something more interesting. My favorite thing about this series was just the opening theme and the art. Everything else except the little sister, I could care less.

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.