Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A fun show overall with a lot of characters. Not much romance obviously but the way it described the story had a balance.

So many characters indeed

It was amusing to see Miss Monochrome throughout this show tbh. The finale had a holiday vibe that felt nostalgic.
Stark700Dec 28, 2014 8:49 AM
Dec 28, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2012
There is just no doubt about it!. . Eating mochi (sticky rice cake) is very dangerous!

I was a bit surprised that Miss Monochrome had never ever tried eating mochi before.

Due to the tradition of eating mochi during New Years, a number of people choke to
death around that time. The government lists it as one of the worst choking hazards.
okanaganDec 28, 2014 10:26 AM
Dec 28, 2014 10:40 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Eh. Given what this show was, that was a nice ending episode.
Dec 28, 2014 11:00 AM
Jul 2009
Loved this show! Nice ending.
Hope to see more like it in the future!
Dec 28, 2014 11:06 AM
Apr 2013
So how much yuri subtext is in this show? I want to watch it.
Dec 28, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty normal Anime. I like it for what it is.
Dec 28, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
Nice final episode for this show. It was good to see that nearly all of the characters were able to appear in this final episode, but of course I was most happiest about more screentime for Haruko Yumesaki and Kise Yukawa. Kise Yukawa certainly is cute without her glasses, but I am left with one question: what was her "amazing discovery"?

I'm gonna miss this show.
Dec 28, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Good photos of Christmas party.

The anime was alright.
Dec 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2012
MrsKiryuin asked:
So how much yuri subtext is in this show? I want to watch it.

I am a Yuri fan. I am fairly certain that this series is Yuri-less. Even if you put on
your "Yuri goggles" and turn them up to maximum magnification, you won't see
anything. This is "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" and "Slice of Life". Not much more.
Dec 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
IT'S OVER, THE SWEET RELEASE.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 28, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
Vexper said:

XD lol
I feel ya. For me it started off okayish but got quite stale in places. Kinda glad its over. While I wouldn't say it's bad, I wouldn't watch the show again.
Dec 28, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Vexper said:
^^^

Thank God it's over! Such a terrible, boring show with nothing but celebrity cameos voicing awful characters who get their freaking happy endings sometimes for no real reason. Slice-of-life can be easy-going, yes, but it should not be this boring and predictable. I am not looking forward to that possible Boyfriend (Kari) if that's going to happen, because it'll probably end up the same.

3/10

*spits*
Dec 28, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
Chloe is a legend among legends.

Fun watch nonetheless with a nice wrap-up.
Dec 28, 2014 1:15 PM
Aug 2012
Anime adaptation wasn't anything special, though this last episode was quite fun.
The art is still way nicer in the game.
Well, I'll see the girls again in the game anyway.

It was nice to see the girls in a move though.

Watchable, but nothing special. Anime's art style is worse than in the game. 5/10.
Dec 28, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
Well, it is an enjoyable and cute series, but sometimes the title can be misleading, even though it is based on some game, so many characters in here, and the story isn't really that special.

But it is enjoyable series nevertheless. 5/10

Dec 28, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2010
Well it's over and i have to say i am relieved it is.
But it wasn't bad to watch and had it's moments and way to much girls to remember but it had it's moment.
And even the background...i mean the male characters spoke ones in a while.
Dec 28, 2014 3:27 PM
Apr 2014
This was more fun to watch than I expected it to be. To bad it's over now :(
Dec 28, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
What a big picture, and they even decided to throw a guy in the end, for one of the girls (inb4 otakus all over Japan in a rage because they got a waiffu stolen... joking, I'm joking).

Overral, it was moe girls doing usual moe stuff. Well... it was fun some episodes, and the others... so-so.
Dec 28, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2013
Thank god. One more episode and I would have hanged myself.

Dec 28, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2011
boy i know this must of been tough for some folks can't say i didn't have a hard time watching this mainly the first half of the season while the later episodes were watchable to the point i was entertained sometimes Miss Monochrome why couldn't you get more screen time?!.

i doubt unless there's another season i'll ever watch this again

Girlfriends gets a waifus/10 if that's all i could rate for but i can't so 6/10!
Dec 28, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
For an anime that seems to have been made to help promote the mobile game it was pretty good!

We met a whole lot of different characters, seen a lot of normal everyday issues, and had a great Christmas and Wonderful New Years episode!

Pretty basic anime, but I enjoyed watching it! 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 28, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
Its over. Cute moe shows makes me feel relax. It's has its boring parts. Its cute to see them interact such especially Chloe.

6/10.
Dec 28, 2014 8:32 PM

Jan 2011
I love slice of life. This was way to slice of life for me.

Chloe was the only good thing and it's because I loved the "learning Japanese" way she spoke.

Other than that, it was incredibly boring. Sorry. I don't agree calling this moe. It isn't.

It being a mobile game that didn't focus on being a dating sim but rather on the datable girls didn't pan out in my opinion. Very boring and was bad because it didn't have anything to work with. Not it's fault but bad none the less.
Dec 28, 2014 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
Man this was such an enjoyable show, I looked forward to it every week.

I love how everyone got a bit of screen time this episode, and more Chloe :D with Kokomi Akane and Fumio :D

Perfect timing with this episode for New year, lol at yuikaori eating soba part

One of the most relaxing/enjoyable watches this season. 8/10
Dec 29, 2014 12:35 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Love this anime. Maybe some find it boring, but i find this show very relaxing

I don't mind if this anime never end

9/10

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 29, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Miss Monochrome made this show worth watching.
Dec 29, 2014 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
Ending was pretty nice that it's about New Year which is perfect since its almost that time however overall it's just okay

7/10
Dec 29, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
It was fun, too bad there was no much time do develop some characters since there was like 25 girls or more. 6/10
Dec 29, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2013
Last episode, leggo.

Such HD photos.
I think it's just because the Japanese aren't lazy xD
Well, I'm glad that it's not the same huge party as Christmas.

What a dangerous activity for mochi. Japan is dangerous, you must leave Chloe!
I really, really like Shiranui.And Fumio.

I feel like the girl with the bunny clip sounds just like Kokomi, no?
Mmm, I really love Shinonome's look.

Fumio and Chloe should just get married, they'd be perfect for each other~
MIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS <3 OMG THAT "HUG" AHHHH

Happy New Year! Still got a couple more days left.
Looks like Kokomi will just steal Chloe anyway, or maybe Chloe should just get her own harem.

Was alright for an anime, especially since I thought it would be a harem with a male lead. Guess I can't ask for more yuri fanservice, albeit there being VERY little besides the first episode, or second, can't remember.

Also, just realized the real main characters are on the cover, smh.

6/10.
Dec 29, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
It's over. D:

Man, I think it's safe to say that this was the cutest anime of the season. :3 I really enjoyed every episode of it~!
Cute Girls doing Cute Things, or SoL is just something I can't get disappointed in. :)

This final episode was awesome~! Really glad it ended off like this. :) Oh! Chloe looked so cute in that yukata~! X3

Anyways....it's too bad it's over......I don't mind re-watching this again. xD

Really cute anime, so many characters! And they're all cute girls! D:
Dec 29, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
DarkWolfHunter said:
Guess I can't ask for more yuri fanservice, albeit there being VERY little
besides the first episode . . .

That scene towards the very end of Episode 1 looked like it might have been Yuri
subtext. However, once we got to know all of the characters better, it became
apparent that Chloé was just following the French tradition of a double-cheek kiss.
People in France do this irrespective of age and gender. It was understandable
that Kokomi got freaked out. When I visited France, I initially was very shocked
by this custom.

These girls don't even gossip in the washroom about boyfriends. Do they even
have any clue where babies come from? Possibly not. So it's pretty clear that
there is no Yuri here.

- - - - - - -

Rickywolfy said:
I think it's safe to say that this was the cutest anime of the season.

Yes.

Mega-"Cute Girls Doing Cute Things". A must-see for hardcore CGDCT fans.

This was a very interesting experiment which I predict will not be repeated.

- - - - - - -

The most extreme CGDCT fans should have a look at Classiick's thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1105581
okanaganDec 29, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 2, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
there was a few moments that got me emotional, like the shy girl and girl who was a writer, (sorry I'm not good with names), and the show was very cute. However, it felt very dull at times and it was hard to care for the characters especially when so many of them get so little screen time. If they focused more on just a few, I think this show would have been much better.

Looking at the ratings on MAL, it looks like very few people will miss this show.
Jan 6, 2015 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
Girlfriend is over. My favorite episode was the 11 with Chloé.

It's was an average show, but cute.
Jan 11, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2011
This was the anime I watched when I got home late from work each week, and I thank it for being so relaxing. Overall it was cute, although I wish it would have had more of an overall plot than just stick with being episodic.

But oh well. I liked it quite a bit. Chloe and Fumio best girls.

Jan 20, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2012
Lovely ending of this series with the countdown for the new year! In general this anime was cute and fun in general, not too much happened but it was lovely in its own way and I sure was surprised to see miss monochrome in it :pretty

All in all a pretty decent anime! 6/10
Jan 24, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
With a classic episode, also closes this anime.
A visit to the temple to start a new year and abandon the "worldly desires."
LOL
Nice and pleasant to follow, light in its affairs.
Not bad soundtrack.
My vote is 6/10!
Jan 24, 2015 9:46 AM
Jan 2014
Great and cute school slice of life. Cool girls. Interesting adventures. And I love OP and ED.
Feb 9, 2015 8:00 AM

Oct 2013
cute ending to a cute anime <3
[/quote]
Feb 10, 2015 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
The show with so many popular VAs are over!

Feb 22, 2015 6:58 AM
May 2012
Definitely one of those cute-girls-doing-cute-things anime that I would remember really well, because there's so many of them!! Sadly because there's of that, not much character development happened, I think only Chloe for the most part got some of that. What i'm really impressed is getting all those top of the line female VAs. I almost know all of them.

But with no sort of character development whatsoever in a slice of life anime with no plot or story whatsoever, it just doesn't feel complete to me.

6/10
Apr 20, 2015 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, and it's over. The last episode was kinda nice in a way to show all the girls and japanese customs but it still lacked in way of voice-acting and writing as whole series.

Shame they didn't do good story for Harumiya Tsugumi (athletics team, blue-hair girl), they put her to OP yet she had no big role.

Anyway, this show would have been a lot better with decent writing and with better seiyuu directing (I dunno, some of them are good yet they sounded pretty horrible, like they were overplaying their roles and it felt unnatural most of the time. Literally all abroad girls were horrible).

Some stories were better than other (episode 4 and 7 for example) but most of the show wasn't worth it. Maybe with different studio or with better planning/direction but here Silver Link showed us it's almost impossible for them to rise from depths of mediocrity. Even Kenji Kawaii's music was absolutely inispired here. Wish they would do another season of Non Non Biyori instead.

4/10
May 12, 2015 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
Bringing in the New Year with Chloe and the girls was a nice conclusion. Well this was a fairly cute little series. The cast of girls was so enormous I never really bothered to remember most of their names. Chloe probably stood out the most for her way of talking. That must be tough to have someone fluent speaking a broken version of a language like that, not that I'd really know how well she did on a technical level or anything like that. Some episodes were on the boring side, which is a common danger with shows like this. Others surprisingly adorable like the girls trying to study to keep kittens only to continually get distracted. I loved the girl with the pink and purple hair in that one. :D Oh, and the Tomoko lookalike in the band. The enormous cast did allow for episodes where only a few, if any, of them overlapped which added a sense of freshness. I'm not sure I've seen a series like that before...maybe Puchimas but those were shorts. Anyway yeah, pleasant enough viewing experience I'd say. 7/10
Sep 14, 2015 12:19 AM
Oct 2014
okanagan said:
However, once we got to know all of the characters better, it became
apparent that Chloé was just following the French tradition of a double-cheek kiss.
People in France do this irrespective of age and gender. It was understandable
that Kokomi got freaked out. When I visited France, I initially was very shocked
by this custom.

Male to males kisscheeks is actually more of a Mediterranean thing, you'll rarely see it in France outside of members of the same family.
Nov 7, 2015 7:37 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Not a bad show nor was it stellar. It's those type of shows where you can say oh I watched that and it was fine for what it was. With that being said, the finale to the show was good. The New Year type of setting was nice since we got to see the girls in kimono's. Although it was so random that a guy in the end made an appearance.

Poor Monochrome, choked on Mochi. It's understandable. If you're not familiar with mochi, you'll probably have a hard time eating it due to it being sticky. And wow, the girls firming out that mochi dough at a very fast speed. I was just waiting for them to mess up lol

Aug 4, 2016 7:08 PM

Jul 2014
It feels as though I finally reached "Purity" (for lack of a better term), a stage in which I am exposed to such unadulterated, CGDCT material, tainted by no ideas whatsoever. There are no blemishes, because there is nothing at all. I am only presented with a blank slate, desperately scrutinizing the plane for any points of interest. At the end of it all I am left staring, indisposed, desensitized to what I've just encountered.

Simply put, I was bored watching it and left even more bored.

Jesus Christ this was boring. Not necessarily terrible, but boring. What's upsetting with this series is despite having varied characters, they all feel uni-faceted; they all only have this one shtick that separates them from the others (Chloe's "baka gaijin" knowledge), and it gets old as they keep relying on it.

Well, that's the most likely outcome when you attempt to adapt a game containing upwards of a hundred characters. Luckily, they spent only one or two episodes featuring a character as the "main" one for said episodes. But some of the more prominent ones, such as I'm-boring-Kokomi and Coming-at-you-live-Akane overstay their welcome by operating on that one gag of theirs for too long.

Some of the scenarios were somewhat fun, such as the cafeteria ran by the Student Council and the one tackling writer's block, but there are others that you can practically skip because you've already seen them elsewhere, like the Culture Festival and the one in which "Kitties 5" study for an exam (only after procrastinating).

Some set up expectations and foil them entirely but cutting out the scene in which all the development culminates (All of Kokomi's episodes save for the first one).

I already mentioned how similar the characters look in an earlier episode. Monochrome was cool though.

It was forgettable at best... derivative at worst. Or maybe...pure.

Uh oh, here comes the arbitrary numeric score...!

4.5/10. New Years for them, on to a New fucking Anime for me.
KatoBytesAug 4, 2016 7:12 PM
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jan 10, 2018 7:22 AM

Mar 2016
Can understand why people hate this, but after a couple episodes and you realize what its focus is, it's not that bad. But for what it was, it could a whole lot better. The opportunity was there, but they didn't take advantage.
May 18, 2018 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
They went to best girl Kokomi's house.

I'd love to see more of what Mochizuki was taking pictures of after this tease. ;)

May 17, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
Too bad they didn't show Student Counsil on holiday.
That's impossible to not like at least one of the characters.
But overall this was really fucking boring. I definitely do not recommend this.
May 5, 2021 5:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
New year episode... well goodbye to this anime now, one of the worst if not the worst slice of life/CGDCT anime I've ever seen lol.
3/10
Jul 18, 2021 2:57 PM

Feb 2020
This was a wholesome and beautiful finale. :3

I think this is the most underrated and poorly scored CGDCT ever. I don't understand why people hate this so much. Yes, the cast is huge, but in my opinion it wasn't a big issue. I don't really care if I can't remember all their names or if there wasn't a character development for everyone of them.

You can't complain too much about the story either because this CGDCT, after all. Club activities, sleepovers, exams, summer festivals, New Year celebrations, weight loss/beach/onsen episodes, etc. They are always repeating the same things.

For me, this was an enjoyable show. I really liked the characters and their interactions. Miss Monochrome's cameo was also a nice surprise. :)

SerafosOct 21, 2022 1:13 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

34 by starshinesMonet »»
Dec 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

38 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:19 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 12:40 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

31 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.